Im a Paramedic (10 years) ask me anything?

Im a Paramedic (10 years) ask me anything?

What do you think of underage people drinking and hurting themselves/others?

any Dr Narcan stories for us user? Also, thanks for doing what you do, it's not an easy job that's for fuckin sure

What's the vilest shit you've seen?

How do I get out of this chicken shit outfit?

Bump

What's the bloodiest death you've witnessed?

Id be a hypocrite if I said I didnt drink when I was underage however hurting others is not cool and drinking is preferable to drugs. As for hurting yourself well drinking definitely encourages people to do silly things. Im for drinking within reason.

Do Junkies disgust you?

Tell me about Bane
Why does he wear the mask?

Graduating next year myself. What can I expect? Is theverything burn out rate as bad as they say?

Reversed a Heroin OD the other day and it turned out to be a friend of mines younger sister, I barely recognised her after what the drugs had taken from her.

How many call did you have when people had a panic attack and thought they were dying/heart attack ? How did you respond to that ?

Maggots living in peoples bodies while theyre still alive is the grossest oh and the smell!

All ask the cliche question:
What's the nastiest thing you have seen in your job?

Greentext me some mental health stories, user. As a mental patient myself I love them

Shotgun to the face.

Do you see any abos?

What the remedy for a stomach full of gas(petrol whatever you cunts call it)?

Hmm not disgust me but they are like Cockroaches they cant be killed, they can OD 100s of times, get hit by cars, fall down stairs and they just keep kicking.

What's the most disgusting thing you've seen on the job?

I heard the worst part about being a paramedic is seeing kids die

Mate, greatest job I ever had, awesome camraderie, interesting every day, always something different, always learning new things - good luck!

Lol all jews are schizo mental patients

how does it feel knowing you will never be a firefighter?

hahah good question - heaps of calls almost one a shift I reckon. To bring them out of it I make them slow their breathing, get them to quiet their mind and talk very slowly and calmly to them.

That'd be.. interesting to say the least.

Been to any gnarly car accidents?

How long are your transport times?

City or rural?

How's your scope of practice down there?

people vomiting shit is pretty horrible or I saw a weird chinese contraceptive device once it was like looking at the Predator

F

do you regret becoming one, i was thinking about it but its a lot to commit too and a lot of people said itll fuck you up from what you see? thoughts.

Any popped eyeballs?

Dr narcan is that you?

Tell me a story of something memorable that happened on the job.

Having some ongoing calls with a transitioning transgender (male to female) case at the moment constantly trying to kill herself, have had to tackle her, take knives off her etc. Shes on a mad amount of hormones and awaiting the chop plus underlying psychological issues - makes for some interesting call outs

Very true...

You sound like a nice dude, i imagine some paramedics would get mad at people like that for wasting their time.

Mental patient from before here. That's a collosal waste of time. It's literally as easy as giving them a glucose tablet and telling them that it's 5mg Valium. Even if it's illegal to lie like that we're you are you can just conveniently "forget" to mention the active ingredient, tell them it's an anxyolitic sedative.

Literally 99% of panic attacks can be cured with simple placebo.

Worked with a lot of Jews in the Eastern Suburbs in fact theyve got their own Ambulance service (dont transport) which advises on Rabbi stuff ie can I get in an Ambo on a Sabbath etc - pretty cool cats cant say a bad word about them really.

haha they do get all the glory good call mate!

When you come up to a scene of a crime and no one else around, are you liable as the first witness or the matter, the first suspect? Do you have some kind of immunities? Clarify.

I think you need to really separate yourself from the patient emotionally but simultaneously be empathic so as to not be a dick to them.

It's tough to work out in the field, everything you see is rough and unfiltered

I vote we frag this paramedic.

Any gross fat people stories?

Been to a few alright saddest one was when a couple of Junkies took too much of their Heroin replacement drug and headoned with a young P plater on a main road killed her outright was only young and at the start of her life whereas these fucks had already wasted their chance at a productive life.

Why are you lazy greedy scumbags?

Damn son, does shit like this fuck you up ? Or you became a "stronger" person ?

Generally speaking transport times are 15 minutes currently Im in the burbs at the moment previously in city metro times were like

I was nearly in a wreck a few weekends ago. Drunken fuck blew through the ditch dividing both sides of the highway, I had to swerve in and back out to avoid him. Noon on a fucking Saturday.
Worse wreck I've personally been on scene for was a young guy uturned in front of a semi killing him and his passenger died later. At first I thought she'd been thrown out of the driver seat and there were groceries scattered in there.

Any stories about people on the road not getting out the way of the ambo?

I dont regret it one bit mate! Do it for sure! Having said that I have had a few mates go off on PTSD but for me its been great youre at the coalface of life and death and occasionly you can really make a difference.

Yes very nasty indeed! weird looking inside someones skull while theyre still conscious.

How bad are motorcycle crashes?

Are they dismembered?

Had a birth in the back of the Ambulance two days ago and when I was at the business end babys head coming out its arm reached out and grabbed my finger - was pretty cool.

Yea true but you know to them its very real and they really think their dying so you do your best.

ever needed the police with you because the illegal immigrant you're trying to help is attacking you because of racism and not having enough free money?

You may be right however never had any probs talking people down naturally. Peace

How has your job affected your political views?

Tell a story out of your book desu, something interesting

Do y'all have an exchange program with American medics?

Yeah man. lot of times it's a bunch of bullshit, but when you actually help someone have a good outcome it's very rewarding.

Have you ever sexually assaulted a patient?

Very comfy thread, i apperciate what you do OP, i always liked the idea of being a medic or doctor but im mentally weak to that stress

Generally speaking if it sounds dodgy the cops are already on top of it and are there before or at the same time as us, no special immunity Im aware of if it was a suspicious situation we'd have to go to the Coroners court or criminal court as a witness like anyone else.

Well if i was a paramedic and had to save a nigger gang banger, i would body bag that ape while still alive

Testing to see quints

Found a missing remote in a layer of fat once and yep they stink really bad!

greed is not a mental illness faggot

I reckon you get a better appreciation for the fragility of life and you become kinder to the ones you love and care for however less tolerant of people who fuck up society at least for me anyway.

>Found a missing remote in a layer of fast once.

Oh OP how I am laffin

What does this have to do with Sup Forums

One time a paramedic hit on my gf just after she woke up from being unconscious, I wasn't there. She told me. He showed up at the hospital and tried to go see her, I stopped him, he bitched out, and I got him fired. Felt good. Lil min. wage 7/11 doctors thinking they can hit on injured and vulnerable women, so fucking funny they are this pathetic.

fucking junkies.

I remember one my dad told me about from his days as a volunteer firie
>arrive on scene, ambo eta 15mins
>front of car on fire, extinguish, jaws of life to get the door off
>driver badly burnt, use tarps to create impromptu water bath in ditch
>try to remove driver from vehicle, grab arm and the flesh just sloughs right off

Yea well certain parts of Sydney with shall we say higher Asian populations are worse in that respect. Oh and my buddy did get a Leb walk out in front of him on a crossing while he was under lights and sirens.

Not necessarily but internally theyre ripped apart truth be told Motorbikes are the worst doesnt take much to get killed on a bike seen heaps. I mean I love riding but Ill save it for when Im in Thailand at least they go slower there and not every fucker is on their phone like they are here.

Thanks, ausbro paramed. Was just wondering to clear my mind.

You're doing God's work, keep it up.

Of all the things that have happened, this didn't the most.

Sup dude? I was an EMT-A before I became a po-leese. God bless, that shit blows.

Well have been attacked by a few Abos after I reversed their overdoses and ruined their highs fortunately Im pretty fit and they were still pretty out of it

Sorry m8, but you skipped my question

Hate welfare bludgers and certain immigrants for their attitudes to my female co-workers. I think we all know who Im talking about.

Its pretty comfy when someone arrests and you get them back then you see em later and theyre so grateful they cant even speak. Good feels

Former EMT-A, current cop that used to patrol the inner city. I can tell you that it made me violently conservative.

I dont think so mate, you can do a ride along though Id be keen for that in the States for sure!

haha nah bro but have been hit on heaps when I was young and good looking

cheer bro

Soz bro I love Pol thought Id lighten it up a bit

>Id be keen for that in the States for sure!

Haha you've probably never been shot at on a call before or seen a BLM riot. Shit can get pretty wild over here, bro.

Why aren't you a doctor? Aren't you tired of putting up with the bullshit?

thats fucked I woulda slapped him too! We get payed pretty good in Aussie though

Nice thread medanon.Keep up the good work.

Boom meat off the bone hey!

Nice to know that it's not always so bleak and hopeless

What sort of outback critters have you hit with your ambulance?

I wanted to be a Copper in highschool even did work experience was way fun but I think the Ambos suits me better Id be too soft as a Copper haha