FASHWAVE GENERAL: CALL TO ACTION EDITION

GET COMFY

>More than just a mannerist collage of the nostalgic aesthetic belonged to the millennial generation, Fashwave also operates to force classicism free of the post-modernist stranglehold that academic progressives have maintained over it, for a nearly a century. We would be mistaken to claim that the antiquated speculative nature of Fashwave betrays the aesthetic as a thing only predicated on nostalgia. While it might be considered a collage of sorts, stitched together from pieces of 80s and 90s pop-culture; VHS tapes, video game soundtracks, neo-noir landscapes, neon, lasers, synthesizers, streaking brake lights and 8-bit arpeggios—Fashwave only operates modally to subvert the mainstream progressive agenda by way of nostalgic cues to the otherwise uninterested.

>The real strength and fascination of the aesthetic lies in its ability to draw a parallel between anachronistic futurisms; that is to say, what ideals were once held for tomorrow and have since fallen either out of favor, out of fashion, or out of plausibility—and icons of western art now so unpopular in the mainstream circles of acceptable media. Hovercrafts, jetpacks, Bond gadgets, terminator technology, apocalyptic analogues—dreams made into memories.

>By carefully conflating these two ideas we might touch on the birth of a new mannerism: anachronism becomes the mode by which the canon of western thought and artistic enterprise suddenly and altogether vaults over the rhetorical barriers set in place by post-modernism and manned tirelessly by the drones of academia, to re-establishes itself as a countercultural force.

>So it was that Piranesi’s Veduta di Roma series painted an image of Rome so fantastical that Goethe himself—a fan of Piranesi’s work—exclaimed his consuming disappointment upon first visiting the city, for it was less impressive than Piranesi’s drawings had led him to dream.

>Let us continue dreaming.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/cosmodeus
soundcloud.com/cosmodeus/awake-in-an-event-horizon-am-i
youtube.com/watch?v=E4eCs4twfco
youtube.com/watch?v=2cOrdPutSOU
youtube.com/watch?v=KVuZ-a9kjKc&t=551s
youtube.com/watch?v=sJo0SdUecZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zhCb8Z4OQqc
youtube.com/watch?v=dUdrFq0LaGw&list=PLtulLfjaXBN0aPrAQa61pbfXdqqO7EcBD
youtube.com/watch?v=rSGnNMnvM6M
youtube.com/watch?v=9gnqavgWWqU&list=PLJJbgs-F6xmsVDo6pyG0Dk_wESACG1S94
youtube.com/watch?v=Gi9tJ8QoBus
youtube.com/watch?v=rwnml285CaM&list=PL_h60bzfy9KV8ibbGWe7xBP8asL5wLHEy
youtube.com/watch?v=jECMuzD9BzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=egAB2qtVWFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=A9ew7glBHy0
docs.google.com/document/d/1DIeovVhwprNb9z4x9Pxiyr84nhouf3mxz3uzDOlARdo/edit#
youtube.com/watch?v=Y9-mYg5VDzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=nq_J2C6Hrz0
youtube.com/watch?v=Dkx_PWjzbTM
discord.gg/XcshfRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jTAjFu2aI1Y
art.vniz.net/en/saeki/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

INCLUDED CONTENT IS CERTIFIED SAUCY
KEEP SEATBELT FASTENED AT ALL TIMES.

ARTIST - CONTENT
>SOUNDCLOUD
>YT LINK

COSMODEUS (Releasing fashy tracks on a monthly basis)
>soundcloud.com/cosmodeus
NEWEST TRACK POSTED INSPIRED BY BERKELEY STICKMAN
>soundcloud.com/cosmodeus/awake-in-an-event-horizon-am-i

AIRGLOW - MEMORY BANK
>youtube.com/watch?v=E4eCs4twfco

ALEX DAVIDSON - MAINFRAME
>youtube.com/watch?v=2cOrdPutSOU

DROID BISHOP - BEYOND THE BLUE
>youtube.com/watch?v=KVuZ-a9kjKc&t=551s

DROID BISHOP - THE IRRELEVANCE OF SPACE AND TIME
>youtube.com/watch?v=sJo0SdUecZQ

DROID BISHOP - ELECTRIC LOVE
>youtube.com/watch?v=zhCb8Z4OQqc

DUETTE - BORDERLINE
>youtube.com/watch?v=dUdrFq0LaGw&list=PLtulLfjaXBN0aPrAQa61pbfXdqqO7EcBD

FM-84 - ATLAS
>youtube.com/watch?v=rSGnNMnvM6M

KAVINSKY - OUTRUN
>youtube.com/watch?v=9gnqavgWWqU&list=PLJJbgs-F6xmsVDo6pyG0Dk_wESACG1S94

LOST YEARS - BLACK WAVES
>youtube.com/watch?v=Gi9tJ8QoBus

OGRE - 194
>youtube.com/watch?v=rwnml285CaM&list=PL_h60bzfy9KV8ibbGWe7xBP8asL5wLHEy

OGRE - 195
>youtube.com/watch?v=jECMuzD9BzQ

PilotPriest - WWDKF
>No Link, don't want to go straight to the artist's bandcamp. Google it, it's there and its dank.

TIMECOP1983 - JOURNEYS
>youtube.com/watch?v=egAB2qtVWFQ

TIMECOP1983 - REFLECTIONS
>youtube.com/watch?v=A9ew7glBHy0

ADDITIONAL ARTISTS
>PERTURBATOR
>IRVING FORCE
>MIAMI NIGHTS 1984
>LE CASSETTE
>NIGHT DRIVER
>ARCADE HIGH
>Waveshaper
>Zombie Hyperdrive
>Raydar
>M|O|O|N
>Robert Parker
>Daniel Deluxe
>Alex
>Trevor Something
>Meteor
>S U R V I V E
>Mitch Murder

>W E S T H E T I C A / FASHWAVE GUIDE

docs.google.com/document/d/1DIeovVhwprNb9z4x9Pxiyr84nhouf3mxz3uzDOlARdo/edit#

It's a google doc, so ALWAYS sign out of your main gmail account before you go in there. It's an incredible, insightful read.

I stopped making images because this faggot makes these threads and doesn't post OC.

What do you mean? I've created a few pieces of OC the past couple days. Also, not the only one posting these threads.

>"Finally, an explanation of what the fuck fashwave is supposed to be!"

>"...... I still don't know!"

See the Google Doc.

have some bumps, OP

Need to know, any online fashwave/synthwave filters, or is that strictly a PS feature?

bumpity bump bump

big bada bump

They're available in GIMP, with colorize, guassian blur, fog, and video distortion being the main ones.

>GIMP
Cool, thanks.

that's all i got

Friendly reminder that aesthetics is a real thing and can really make or break whatever message you're thing to send; it's not just a
>m e m e
When creating these images white space (negative space) is huge, clutter = amateur hour. Rule of thirds: 3x3 grid on image to help sort content in most appealing manner (symmetrical and centered is gross looking, most of the time, and placing things such that they are where multiple cells of the grid meet is a good idea). Careful with colors, it's too easy to just pick bright obnoxious colors and be like
>muh a e s t h e t i c
When they often look better with some being slightly muted. Yellows are not a part of this color scheme.
Can offer more advice if wanted. Pic related is my fav example of fashwave so far

Also try and find some new font/typefaces as its getting repetitive. Oh and inb4 some faggpt points out that my example didn't follow rule of thirds, there are always exceptions. Portrait style images typically do not follow rule of thirds

I've been working on some stuff with less fash focus, but you guys might appreciate it anyway. You have the right idea about style.

And this.

Making some stuff for /cpd/ threads that would look good fashy, thanks for the insight.

Also whatever app is used to generate these is a bit played out at this time, fucking learn photoshop you retards

I try to espouse a facist aesthetic in my daily life, by being big tall and muscular and kinda half marching when I walk.

I like it!

Another thing that would help this movement is if we appropriated some of the design aspects seen in trendy shit coming out of Jew York and LA. For example in the Tay Ride the Tiger pic I just posted, that uses the same typeface as that brand Supreme which has niggers, nigger lovers and leftist aristocratic spawn throwing their shekels away. If we manage to lift, tastefully and significantly, enough style from these trendy fashion areas it will only help attract normies to the movement

And my last post for this thread.
Once I finish up my term in school I plan creating a shit ton of fashwave content, just too busy right now

Bump

Advertising is a good source of inspiration honestly.

80s ads give you colour patterns and layout styles to use that fit the vaporwave thing. But also look to the golden age of posters from the 40s to 60s for some great inspiration.

It looks childish and kinda dystopic, like Pop art for 80s/90s nostalgia with a superficial fascination for antiquity. Everything looks derivative and mass produced, would be nice if there was something in accordance with reactionary thoughts, not an artistic reflection of an urban faggy consumerist hellhole.

Muh Northern Turk feels?

>Ahmed's opinion

Your lifes are shit and meaningless, just like your art and your copy/paste style of argumentation.

shut the fuck up mehmet

These threads again?

youtube.com/watch?v=Y9-mYg5VDzQ

This fucking autism is back.

youtube.com/watch?v=nq_J2C6Hrz0

That write up gets me in the feels everytime.

Thanks to CIA, the 80's were not a good decade for us.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dkx_PWjzbTM

>you and your allies charge antifa with this song playing

Thanks to be populated by low IQ, violent, Mestizo savages the 80's were not good to you, don't blame the capable white man for the failings of your incapable peoples.

AESTHETICALLY APPEALING

VISUALLY STIMULATING

THOUGHT PROVOKING

Fashwave will save us.

Cast away modernity.

R.I.P. Captain Codreanu
We will never forgive your sacrifices you've done to Romania

Destroy liberalism.

Kill you enemies.

Aesthetic memes from the 90s mean a lot to me and visually represent, to me, what is the unmasking of artistic enterprise, creative thought, for profit.

We can acknowledge it, subvert it in turn back to something with intrinsic value (not monetary value).

Currently reading about the jewish conversion of western artistry to be akin to banking, stock markets and demand--makes me sick that they undermined our ancestors, our futures, by taking our most holy ability and squirreling its fruits away in temp controlled storage containers.

Outside of fashwave, the art will continue to be enslaved by shekel hording assholes. Art is not meant to be a secondary vehicle for currency. As OP says, art is a manifestation of the will; artists inspire engineers and architects, beautiful harmony and simplicity.

WESTETHICA DISCORD
discord.gg/XcshfRQ

Shameless bampu

Thank you for sharing this. I have never seen this one before--so fucking sharp man. I'm an older dude, but I have so much respect and sympathy for Gen Z. Not sure if you're gen z, but I remember what it was like to be the only kid in school that didn't want to drink, didn't try to have sex on the first date, didn't disrespect my parents and teachers, didn't shirk my responsibilities.

I made it through high school thanks to police cadets. Unfortunately, a lot of lib cities are purging this program for youth. The want our cops to be good little (((Sociology))) graduates.

>bampu

:'(

personal favorite of mine

and another

and some oc

Hey you fucks he has a point. OG RWDS here calling him a kanaken is not an argument. Some DO look mass produced. Sometimes that is the point.

Tldr when someone isnt just pure trolling try and see what they have to say.

a font i have been recently using is MS Mincho. if it looks familiar it is used heavily in the Monogatari anime series and is very good for english/japanese typeface crossover. pic related

Thread music:
youtube.com/watch?v=jTAjFu2aI1Y

/3/ here. I've been working a day job and self-studying modeling for about five years. Gotten pretty decent, and I'm at the point where I'm deciding where I want to go, what I want to try to do with my art.

The WESTHETICA document you included is incredible. THIS is the style, THIS is where I'm headed. Art with substance, and maybe a kernel of that European spirit that still hangs on within us.

Fashwave is fun and vibrant, but that purpose lurks right underneath the surface.

Thanks man. I honestly feel some new energy; all this time it's been about drudging up old icons, remaking the past. Let's make the future.

Fuck yeah dude

I like this one desu

Emergency phone bampu

Not really related to your message, but it has the same cool aesthetic.

>lifes
he can't into english guys is ok is very hard for non-european to learn

Don't make fun of Ahmed. He's trying.

Freshly made.

Oooooh, that clock/time font. Good choice. What's the name of it so we can get it out into circulation for use?

Not sure, sadly. Was bored at work and only had Pixlr on hand. It's one of their fonts. Didn't catch the name.

Someone should shoop this one up a bit
Source is Toshio Saeki art.vniz.net/en/saeki/

This ones begging for it. The guy in the back is a merchant, and dickless guy is making the sheeeeit face already

what the fuck