Debunk this

Debunk this

Pro-tip you can't

Trumptards BTFO

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monroe_Doctrine
wto.org/english/thewto_e/whatis_e/tif_e/fact2_e.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The maths is wrong, 20% of $120 isnt $20.

Leave him alone, the artist barely understands the concept of supply and demand, basic division is clearly beyond his grasp.

Why would he buy more expensive bananas when there are cheaper options?

20% of 100 is 20, thus 100 + 20 = 120

>be Mexican
>need to increase prices to stay competitive when wall comes up
>increase prices majorly
>Americans just buy from the next third-world South American country that sells for cheaper
>beheaded by cartels that can't cross the border, or just starve to death
>fug.jpg

What's that free market thing again?

20% of 120 is 24, how can germans hope to get any money out of britain if they cant even do basic math.

We still end up with $20 extra dollars at the end bro.

>eating bananas

Enjoy your estrogen-rich phallic fruits.

they put 20% tax on the 100$, thus bananas cost 120$ with tax included

kek. that's right. show those filthy mexicans how it's done.

And American consume pays for it

20% of 120 is 24

Mexico would receive $96 and America would pay $120

It's a loss for both. Please learn how to do basic math

>mexican intellectuals

>Mexicans try to hike up prove of Bananas to cover tax
>It's now cheaper to buy American bananas instead
>Mexicans lose business
It's that simple

You (((they))) do

Mexicans marked up the price to $120, they still dont recieve the $100 they asked for.

Costa Rica sell bananas too.

you are retarded.

He raised his banana price from 100 to 120, therefor he has to pay 24 from tax now.
20% from 120 = 24
In the end he is still losing but now he is also less competiting.

Why aren't they sending their best?!

American education, not even joking Brazilian education is literally better than yours, how can you burguers be so fucking dumb

>would pay 120

And keep 24 of it from the tax. Due to his own ineptitude, he just described a situation where the US gets even more money by Trump's regulations and Mexican stupidity... which sounds about right

Confirmed for neither German nor Jew.

20% of the FINAL PRICE. If USA pay 120$ with a vat of 20%, he would pay 24$ in VAT.

i'm bretty sure you need tropics for to make banan

>Americans have a reputation for being stupid.
>Mexicans have a reputation for being stupid.

The mixed raced future is going to be memetastic.

20$ of those 120$ is value-added tax
So Mexico gets 100$, American government gets 20$, American consumer pays 120$

Vitor, I've never seen a smart Brazilian. I doubt you have as well. Don't play games with 'Merica.

So the American consumer pays for the wall. Nice. :^)

You have the sun. You would just need the irrigation and slave labour.

Thats not how it works.

jesus christ i knew germans where retarded but this is a new low

sage this thread

Also we dont get bananas from Mexico.

In don't know how free-market economics work : the webcomic.

Fixed.

>taxing an import
>import price is raised
>another country now has competitive market value on import of the same product
oh no, that sucks

There are more than 1 country that sells banana,chimp. Read books on economics

No, for a real-world transition Mexico just gets fucked. If they raise prices too much, business leaves and they all die. If they don't raise prices enough, then they have to bear the burden of the wall. Americans have nearly unlimited choices so they win, as free market dictates.

Real loser is the Mexican taxpayer

this

>Mexican taxpayer
That's hillarious.

Nice work frog

The other country ball isn't in the NAFTA

We have the technology to grow banana farms basically anywhere south of the Mason-Dixon line. We can easily control temperature and humidity in large-scale greenhouses.

There are other methods of extracting money form the wetbacks than just increasing taxes on goods.

why are drumpflets so dumb?

>what are tariffs
>what is basic economy
>what is basic math
First off, he'd still be giving the American money. 20% of $120 is $24, not $20. The American is still making money.

Secondly, this implies that Americans haven't already thought of this. There are rules to trading, and fucking over these rules leads to fines.
Moreover, fucking over one of your major buyers means Americans will just look somewhere else.
It's not like this is the only country in the world selling Bananas.

Mexicans will pay for the wall. And there is nothing they can do about it, because they NEED America more than America needs them

So America suddenly demands 20% wall tax from Mexico, and you call it Mexico fucking over America?
lol

My whole neighborhood doesn't pay the energy tax. Taxes are meningless.

no they don't

A tariff is just a tax on the consumers so they are forced to buy the often more expensive or shittier national product.

This is a known fact and it isn't really debatable. You can disagree with opinions, not with facts.

There really aren't economic arguments for protectionism, it all comes from corporate lobbying.

I didn't say Mexico was fucking over America. I'm saying that image is stupid and doesn't make sense. If you had any kind of reading comprehension or intelligence, you'd understand that. But speaking to a modern German is like speaking to a nigger. Oh wait, they're the same thing.

This is bullshit

Wouldn't be taxing produce or beef. Would be making say Ford pay an import tax on their vehicles and parts they make in a foreign land and import into America to sell. It's an anti-globalism tax not an anti-globalization tax. Wouldn't tax Mercedes Benz but would tax Chevy for making its cars in Taiwan and shipping then here. Wouldn't tax HTC but would tax Apple.

maybe we just dont buy their product if they raise the price

Taxes are there for a reason mexibro, but in your situation of cartels and pussy government there really is no reason to pay taxes it would all go to their pockets. Fix your homeland ese.

retarded comic, mexico would pay 120$ not just pay a tax, wtf is this? sage

Necesito que EUA me pague $100 por mis plátanos para que rinda.

Me ponen un impuesto aduanal del 20% sobre lo que exporte.

Si cobro $120 pesos, estoy recibiendo $96 pesos.

Tengo que cobrar $125 pesos para que después del impuesto del 20% yo siga ganando mis $100 limpios.

I need the US to pay me $ 100 for my bananas to make it happen.

They put a 20% customs tax on what I export.

If I charge $ 120 pesos, I am receiving $ 96 pesos.

I have to charge $ 125 pesos so that after the 20% tax I continue to earn my $ 100 clean.

Fucking morons

aussie banter,keep it up anglo bro

I didnt realise Americans were only allowed to buy from one country.

Although you'd know all about trading laws, wouldn't you Hans?

Then we start buying bananas from another spic country.

You are right, I forgot the few % Guatemala will pay to import the produce.

Mexico won't be paying for all the wall after all. Guatemala will pay a share too.

we are getting fucked since day 1 m8

Sage these threads
>b/tier/ BTFO

>I need the US to pay me $ 100
No, you don't. You want the US to not pay you $80, but you have no one else to sell it. Cuba won't buy so many bananas.

They are certanly allowed to buy from other countries
But those other countries aren't part of NAFTA, so buying from those will be more expensive

So fix your shit Juan Miguel de los santos reyes. When will it happen? I used to love going to Mexico but now there's nothing. I weep for your culture amigo.

Original price 100.
Marks up to 120.
20% tax on 120 gives 24 dollars.
Net gain of 4 dollars for America.
>Mexican Intellectuals

I don't sell bananas my nigger friend but I'm talking about that stupid comic

Here is the thing, juan.No one will buy bananas at that rate. Others will sell the product at a cheaper rate than Mexico

If the tax rate is r then the rate you should increase the cost to make the same amount is 1/(1-r)

so for this r=0.2 so you'd have to increase at a rate of 1/(.8) = 1.25 = +25% increase

No mexican president is going to agree to pay for the wall and get reelected. The tariff is bad for American consumers. While it's true other countries can provide bananas, or whatever product Mexico is producing, if you effectively take the Mexican supply out of the market with the added cost of the tariff, you are decreasing the supply overall and prices will raise. Tariffs aren't one way streets, countries respond in kind, which will hurt American exporters. However, the tariff will significantly hurt the Mexican economy more than the American, said the Mexican president is stuck with either saving his economy or his chance for reelection with building the wall. It's lose lose for Mexico.

I'm betting they come up with another solution, like Mexico agreeing to pay the price of the wall, but not in dollars to the US, probably in internal spending on immigration or drug war programs. That way we get our money's worth, and they don't have to shame themselves by paying for the wall.

You forgot one important point:
pissing Mexico off will make them look for allies elsewhere. And trust me, you wouldn't want an Russian or Chinese puppet state next to your border

Here is the thing pajeet, no one should listed to "people" that shits on the street.

You are really dumb poo in loo then we don't let them sell those bananas through Mexico or letting them in our waters they will spend more money on fuel

kek, kill yourself

Ignoring how dumb this makes spics looks, you should make a comic where America takes the wall money put of remittances

I'm sure you'll have a "witty"counter to that one

german educaton
i bett your Turkish scilly are better than your math
your put shame on you, your family the german state
go home to st. pauli you fucktard

>No mexican president is going to agree to pay for the wall and get reelected.
Mexican presidents are limited to a single term, so re-election is impossible.

>triggered spics
>Topkek

*reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*
Your president is not gonna do shit

You have been kiked pajeet.
If we wanted a wall we could have it build in a few fucking years, there are 240bn dollars on reserve, but guess what, we don't want to do shit.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monroe_Doctrine
Monroe Doctrine prevents ouright control. They might cozy up a little, but Russia and China can't offer what the US does in terms of the major sectors of the Mexican economy, oil, remittances, and tourism. The Mexicans need US consumption, and any relationship that threatens the US, will see that consumption cut off.

>turkish intellectuals

I didn't know that, but the effects still stand, no political party that pays for the wall will stay in power.

American consumer ain't buying Mexico bananas anymore. We getting cheaper bananas from some where else. Mexico doesn't have a fucking monopoly on bananas dumbass.

Do you realize that the dollar has been falling off after the tax announcement? After the attitude of trump, there's been more deals with Europe and other countrys and also the internal economy has gone up.

You're not as important as you might think, also go buy argentina bananas that will arrive either all fucked up for the travel conditions.

>20% of $120 is $20
Mexican """intellectuals""" everybody

>America still only gave Mexico 100$

>Mexican Intellectuals
TBF OP flag is German. WTF Germany.

Oops, nvm. WTF me.

100 replies in and nobody points out that border tax on mexico would make WTO impose 100% tariffs on american companies exporting into mexico?
>inb4 we'll leave WTO
no u wont USA is the greatest beneficiary of WTO

The hotter the temperature, the straighter bananas grow, and straighter t bananas are significantly cheaper to ship. This is why we buy bananas predominantly from the equatorial regions of Central America, the cost of the distance they have to travel is more than recovered by the ability to pack more straight bananas into a container. We can still buy bananas from Mexico, even though they aren't as efficiently transported, because they don't have to travel as far. They can even be trucked in to distribution centers. You won't have this benefit shipping to Europe, your curved bananas still have to be put on a ship.

Of course this is about more than your curved bananas. This is about everything you trade with the US, your number 1 trade partner. The tariff is going to be bad for your economy. It's going to be bad for ours too, but we can survive it. I'm not sure you can.

Why can't we just get along?

wto.org/english/thewto_e/whatis_e/tif_e/fact2_e.htm
>1. Most-favoured-nation (MFN): treating other people equally Under the WTO agreements, countries cannot normally discriminate between their trading partners. Grant someone a special favour (such as a lower customs duty rate for one of their products) and you have to do the same for all other WTO members.
must read for all people in this thread
USA CANNOT IMPOSE TARIFFS ON MEXICO ONLY

Nice sources LEAF, but you're forgetting that NO ONE KNOWS MORE ABOUT TRADE than donald.

>americans claim a tariff just magically makes mexican products pricier than the competition

Care to list some Mexican products that are a tariff away from being uncompetitive?

No you missed a key point

American products are now cheaper than mexican ones, but they are still more expensive than the original mexican price

Good job! You have artificially increased prices with tariffs!

No wonder mexican intellectuals didn't led mexican economy to prosperity.