SPACE X HISTORICAL LAUNCH THREAD

SPACE X IS ATTEMPTING TO MAKE HISTORY TODAY. THEY WILL TRY TO LAUNCH THE FIRST RECYCLED ROCKET.

IF SUCCESSFUL THIS PAVES THE WAY FORWARD FOR A 90%+ REDUCTION IN COST FOR ALL SPACE MISSIONS.

PLEASE BUMP THIS THREAD

STREAMS
HOSTED: youtube.com/watch?v=xsZSXav4wI8
TECHNICAL: youtube.com/watch?v=xfNO571C7Ko

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sYmQQn_ZSys
spacex.com/sites/spacex/files/finalses10presskit.pdf
aviationweek.com/blog/nasa-cnes-warn-spacex-challenges-flying-reusable-falcon-9-rocket
youtube.com/watch?v=Zl12dXYcUTo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

w h e n

Actual high content information.

The rocket being used is the CRS-8, you can watch it landing here
youtube.com/watch?v=sYmQQn_ZSys

The reason this saves so much money is that the fuel is relatively cheap per launch. The most expensive part is the rocket. If they can just refuel the rocket each launch it drops costs down tremendously.

The rocket is a falcon 9 full thrust, and the first stage is the recycled portion from a previous mission.

The mission itself is to launch the SES10 communications satellite.

This is a historical moment for space travel.

thanks for bumping

stream in 2 hours.

The CGI will be great

I'm doing my part!

USA USA USA USA USA

(((space x)))

LIBERALS REEEEEEEEEEEEE

ELON MUSK IS A LIBERAL TRAITOR

His company is taking in welfare money from tax payers. We should never have funded his failed projects. Simply sticking to the old NASA launch from Russia would have saved us billions of dollars.

Aren't they trying to recover the fairings as well this time?

so a resused rocket with 2 different bits to come back down safely

>RECYCLED ROCKET

MAKE SURE YOU WATCH IT - VERY HISTORICAL!

WELFARE ROCKETS

Still waiting for that space xxx from brazzers
am I truly a failure in life?

sage this stupid shit

not politics related

>REUSEABLE AIRPLANES

>Recycled rocket

India's space program is really heating up

warp drive when

SpaceX is targeting launch of SES-10 from historic Launch Complex 39A (LC-39A) at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida. The two and a half hour launch window opens on Thursday, March 30, at 6:27 p.m. EDT, or 10:27 p.m. UTC. The satellite will deploy approximately 32 minutes after launch. A backup launch window opens on Saturday, April 1, at 6:27 p.m. EDT, or 10:27 p.m. UTC.

2 1/2 hours from now.

Have a bump

Isn't Elon Musk pretty based too? Didn't he once dare to question immigration and took a lot of flack from the left?

are they landing the first stage?

>we can send ET home and come back
god bless america

space is political

lots of public funding

Yeah, 8 minutes after liftoff.
spacex.com/sites/spacex/files/finalses10presskit.pdf

this and Elon Musk was is working with Trump admin to get American footsteps on distant planets
we space race 2.0 now

>2 hours until liftoff
fuck that fuck you

Grew up in South Africa. What do you expect?
He is pretty uch pro-eugenics too. Said that smart people should be having more children.

bumpiddy diddy bump

I thought they already did a recycle rocket?

So I didn't even know this was going to happen today and last night I had a dream Space X launched a rocket and it blew up and I watched it live on television. Somehow people got killed in the dream as well. Let's hope it was just a coincidence.

HYPE

But user, the thread would be faster if it already were stream time

Managed to explain this well enough that my daughter is excited to watch it together. HYPE

NUCLEAR WEAPONS DO NOT EXIST...

AND NEITHER DOES A ROCKET THAT CAN LAND ON ITS ASS...

'I LOVE FUCKING SCIENCE' DUNCES REALLY GET RIGHT ON MY TITS...

Sure, yes.

They launched and landed a rocket back
They'll try to lauch that one back up again

SPACE IS NOT REAL
WE ARE LIVING ON A FLAT PLANE COVERED BY A DOME
STOP FALLING FOR JEWISH TRICKS THAT TRY TO MAKE YOU NIHILISTIC

imagine if we invest just 10% of what we put into the military into spaceX

we be the moon in 5 years and mars in 10

but let's drop a trillion dollars on the F-35 to kill some durka durks and rice farmers.

He's very interested in bringing the human race to the next level. Has he realized it's difficult to do that with so many sub human retards holding us back? That wasting resources on them is pointless?

Probably.

Interdasting

Bumping

Whats outside the dome then user?

this
compare it to aeroplanes

they've proven you can take off & actually land the plane rather than destroying it after only 1 flight (big cost saver)
now they're re-fueling the plane and will see if it can take off again (another big cost saver)

if it works it will truly mark the day space travel changed forever

>mfw liberals use mental gymnastics to demonstrate that borders between planets are a social construct

Sad thing about that is we kill a few, but don't do war properly. Kill them all or don't fucking bother, this on going constant war just to make jobs and money fucking sucks

v nice

Hey, you're a big goy. Jokes on you, you're the one falling for the Jewish tricks trying to make you dumber than you really are. I can see the intelligence in you young goy, don't let it fool you into falling into flat Earth Jewish trickery.

aviationweek.com/blog/nasa-cnes-warn-spacex-challenges-flying-reusable-falcon-9-rocket

I still kek when I read this article.

There is no reason why it would not work, though of course accidents happen.

But reusable rockets = cheap space flight is a fucking meme, one we fell for once before.

There is a paradox.

>whatever we attempt now will be lapped by the tech of 20 years from now
>but neither will happen unless we first build the shitty current tech that will be lapped and a waste of money

Easier to think of in terms of exploratory probes. Any probe we send out now to AC or wherever will easily be overtaken by probes built in 20 years. But neither will exist unless we waste money on the shitty probe we can build now.

But try explaining that to the public GLHF

Wow, amazing. That's where all the taxes you pay are going into then.

I hope you actually find use for this though.

>90%+ REDUCTION
?

dude

White interstellar colonization when

You just have to refuel it like a fucking plane.
Don't have to rebuild the rocket every time.

The shuttle was an overbloated piece of shit though due to Congress getting their grubby little hands into it though. The shuttle pretty much was rebuilt from the ground up for every mission. It was hardly "resusable".

comparing the space shuttle to falcon 9/ITS.blue origin.

I'd like to imagine that outside of the dome..

there would be space.

Not everything is a fucking jewish trick you mongoloid

>Any probe we send out now to AC or wherever will easily be overtaken by probes built in 20 years.
Not necessarily. Our capabilities with regard to interstellar travel aren't exactly advancing at any real rate. We've been at the same point for about 50 years in that regard. Our best bet is to develop Project Orion or a very large solar sail powered by powerful lasers here to propel anything fast enough to reach AC in our lifetimes.

hyped AF, if digits it will malfunction during launch and crash into a populated area.

And had we done that we wouldn't currently have reusable rockets. Welfare isn't always bad, especially when it produces new and cheap technology like Space X is doing. Now, we shouldn't be funding his faggot tube project, that's a waste of time and money imo

Cause you know, being utterly dependent on Russia for spaceflight is totally the best idea in the world. Totally.

Better to develop this tech and save even more money in the long run. Space programs are generally a technological bonanza built on a series of spectacular failures, then even more so successes.

>90% reduction
Is this real? Will we colonise the solar system in my lifetime?

elon is very redpilled

He said recently that he used to think human outcome wasn't that tied to genetics but had changed his mind. He is a genetic determinist now which is the most red pilled you can get.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zl12dXYcUTo

Not every sentence is serious you burger eating faggot

>caring about space travel

>let's spend billions of dollars every year to travel to space
>sure, what's up there?
>absolutely nothing
>...

Space shuttle would have cost more if they didn't reuse it.

Also the Space shuttle costs were vastly inflated by literal fraud.

Source ?

Not exactly.
At the very least they are going to do a thorough non invasive inspection.

actually the resources in space are worth more than the ones in earth. Space mining and resource gathering would improve human GDP enormously.

The thing is once you get established outside of the earth's gravity well, you can make enormous amounts of resources off space.

what

Yeah, exactly like every fucking plane.

interview about his kids and genetics.

I'll paraphrase, after having many kids and seeing their development he came to the conclusion genetics played more of a role than he previously thought.

>why would I pay for your exploration voyage across the sea? Don't you know there's nothing out there Columbus?

fuck off with your fake space shit shill

sage

>Absolutely nothing
Yeah except for literally infinite resources we could use here on earth.

Fuck that, I will unironically be sleeping then

>asteroid mining
>shoot the mined minerals back to Earth so that they land in the ocean
>beat scarcity on Earth for the next hundred thousand years until we mine out that shit too

will they try to land it again?

>inb4 it suffers an (((accident))) and SpaceX has to be shut down forever

>Utilitarian
Kys nigger

Yes

why travel the solar system when you can stay on Earth with all the Muslim niggers.

-T.Mohmmad

bump

I really hope not. If this goes off without a hitch it would mean great things for humanity

It would cost a crazy amount of money in the first place to even get into space and then land on an asteroid to mine it.

what is this tumblr?

GAS THE KIKES RACE WAR NOW

So why don't they just give the rocket a big parachute? That way it falls gently down and they can recycle it. Have it land in the ocean and retrieve it with a boat.

Can't find the video on youtube, mind if you gave more keywords or a link ? please

what are the chances of it actually being launched today?
spacex has given me blue balls on more than one occasion.

inb4 Jews blow it up

Yes, we are in a gravity well from Earth.

Once you escape this gravity well and begin to build in space and create established manufacturing/etc in space you begin getting nothing but profit.

You are imagining every single mining project will have to originate from earth and be blasted out.

Once you are established in space enough you start just manufacturing everything in space and only send back profit. No launches required once established.

(((coincidence)))

I don't catalog sources for Sup Forums. I would literally have to search from the spot you are searching from.

80%.

>infinite resources

Like what, metal that we already have. kek