MBTI and being red-pilled

I would imagine that most of you know MBTI. If not, it is basically a popular personality test that gives you 4 letters describing your personality. You can do it at 16personalities.com for instance.

I'm not here to discuss how accurate it is, but rather, if there is any correlation between being red pilled and being Intuitive. Picture related, it is my take on it, not necessarily true. Most people are Sensors, about 70-80%, so if I am wrong, I would imagine the majority here are Sensors.

In my experience, my red pilled friends and family have been Intuitives, including myself. I had no problem discussing hot topics like the holohoax, Trump, immigration, IQ and genetics.

Meanwhile, family members who are very politically correct have been sensors. There is no fucking way I would even think to bring up the holohoax and discuss it with them.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolaus_Copernicus
thoughtcatalog.com/heidi-priebe/2015/12/how-each-cognitive-function-manifests-based-on-its-position-in-your-stacking/
thoughtcatalog.com/heidi-priebe/2015/07/how-to-recognize-each-myers-briggs-personality-type-in-real-life/
socionics.com/
sociotype.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnum_effect
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well most of us here are probably INTP, ENTP, and INTJ if I were to wager

Yes, that is also what I think.

That's funny i also scored INTP-T on that test

ESTP

I'm a fascist.

Intuitives are also more likely to be faggots. (Look it up)

ENTJ master-race faggots

Since you're a Sensor. Care to elaborate how you became red-pilled?

nail on the head boys

ENTP superior

Firstly I am personally inclined to bring up immediate things, even things I don't know much about and talk about them to a varying degree of bullshittery which can make sense but be somewhat wrong. In any case, I think S especially ESTP is all about reaction, quick to think quick to say, we get pretty damn excited to talk about things that interest us and speak it like a powerful image. Trump is ESTP as well. For the most part I've always been a realist, I've never been a really ideological person. I started out as a left libertarian then got into economics and politics more and learned that it was basically a meme (more naturally inclined towards the individualist libertarian philosophy) and then moved into right libertarianism. I've never been politically correct, ever. Maybe the S is just that way for certain types but as for me, no. I believed in individualism and a "necessary evil" government for a long while and felt this was the way to go until I started reading into traditionalism and fascist collectivism and what happens with cultural deficiency and multiculturalism in a society. I began a fast track from there towards fascism. I accept truth easily, when it makes sense. I never chose fascism because of what I saw on its cover, only when I actually began to read into it did I fully understand its ideals, anti-communism, fighting cultural marxism, stopping the spread of parasitic leftism in its tracks, all the problems we have today from a multi-party democracy and the need for a nationalist collectivist conservative society with a unified goal. I don't understand why we should give people a voice if all they want to do in the end is take ours away. The spread of false ideas is worse in the end because of feeble minded people who buy into it. Democracy wasn't meant for everyone, and politics is much more than just something the average voter should have the power to vote on.

INTJ checking in

Much appreciated user.

I tested INTJ when I was 19, then I took LSD and took the spirtualitypill, now I am INFP.

Whateva

I got ENTP, is that... really very different?

intj I hate existence

ENTP here.
There is huge correlation between psychological ('personality') type and political views.
It's not simply sensors who are more likely to believe the media, it's especially high introverted sensing (Si) types, or xSxJs.
Si is the cognitive function of memory, tradition, resemblance to the past. It's also the function that makes people trust authority and old age. So, if a Si user (roughly 40/50% of the population) was told something for his whole life, they WILL believe it's true.
I experience this a lot with my professors. You guys have surely experienced it too if you've ever discussed with someone so close-minded they refuse to listen to the facts because it messes with their world view.
This is especially true for Fe using SJs. As Fe (Extraverted feeling) represents empathy, armony and compassion, it's incredible how xSFJs can be manipulated into voting left because, for example, Trump is a mysoginist, a racist, you name it. ('You name it', literal quote by Crooked Hillary. Truly amazing)
That being said, not all of them are like this, and I personally know a few who are moderately to very redpilled.
Most extraverted sensing types (xSxP) just won't be bothered to look into it, because of how wired they are to just live in the present moment and in their immediate experienceable surroundings.
Se-doms (ESxP) will probably lean either slightly right or left, but they're unlikely to believe in (((conspiracy theories))), because of their inferior Ni (introverted intuition). Which is the function commonly associated with 'hunches', flashes of inspiration, connecting dots, subconscious, and so on.
Most ISFPs will just ignore facts to please their view. This is because of their inferior Te, together with possible Fi-Ni loops. That means they'll only see informations that confirms what they already believe.
ISTPs (and xSTPs in general) are obviously the most likely ones to be right wingers\redpilled. STJs are especially likely to be conservatives.

Different function stack
INTP is
Dominant: Intro. Thinking
Secondary: Extra. Intuition
Tertiary: Intro. Sensing
Inferior: Extra. Feeling
For ENTP switch 1 and 2 and 3 and 4

same except INTP to INFP after ingesting greenpill

ENTP

NEETS CALL ME CHAD

NORMIES CALL ME WEIRD

So real.

I think a decent amount of INTPs and ENTPs have the potential to OD on the redpill. It's that craving for new that is driven by Ne and then that gets driven back to Ti for thought which drives more Ne.

telepathy is real

It has to do with that, for sure.
That's also what makes us accept a theory that would be preposterous to some, if it makes sense.
Si says 'it makes sense, but it's weird\unlikely, so it's not true'. While Ne's all about 'it's so weird I hope it actually makes sense'.

Hah, the family member I referenced in the OP ,who is very politically correct, is in fact a ISFJ. Great post, I have to analyze it later.

Yeah and if it happens to be a bit strange and true, then you just gotta take the ride and see where you end up.

went from intp to infp after accepting i was a tranny and transitioning

ENFP; I HATE YOU BUT I NEED YOU.

Yeah it's really hard to redpill these people because they just don't seem to like any real deviation in their worldview. It can be small too, like saying "Starbucks has shit coffee". Doesn't matter what you tell them, they're going to continue to keep drinking that dog shit.

Jesus Christ, I'm INTJ-A?!
What do I do with myself anons?!

My pleasure. c: What's your type?
Such a great feeling when that happens.
This. They can be extremely contradictory as well, advocating for critical thinking and then never making use of it.
Sad thing is, most teachers (in high school at least) are ISxJ. They believe for sure to be teaching you what is right, and they don't even realize how obtuse they are.
I've tried to give my history teacher some information about the holocaust, and race\IQ relations. It did not go well.
You rejoice. You guys are the coolest type, together with ISTP and ENFJ.

Sort yourself out bucko. INTPs need a lot of sorting I think so that we can focus a bit more on what we want to pursue. Helps with procrastination too.

Yeah luckily I had a really good high school, but when I was still in the public system, had a bit of trouble with teachers.

Seriously, I'm reading my results, the "Architect" is the rarest...
Am I a unicorn?

>What is your type
INTP

Is Jordan NTP? He said in an interview he's very extroverted and agreeable, which made me revise my theory that he was INTP. Now I think probably ENTP, and just maybe ENFJ.

>if your unwilling to defend your ideas in public....

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolaus_Copernicus

>ESTP
Go home, pleb. This board is for aristocratitic discussion

Got infp-a.

He could be INFJ. INFJs really like people. They need time to recharge, but they do really like people.

I get INTJ and INFJ but never anything else. What does it mean? Just some days I take it I'm more emotional?

t.femanon

Tits or gtfo

Oh, noice. Didn't see it.
I'm in public hs, my teachers are either accidious never-thought-about-it types or dogmatic indoctrinated parrots who never even dreamed of thinking for themselves. It's depressing.
I get called arrogant all the time because I refuse to believe what people force feed me. The very thought of that makes me sad.
INFJ would make sense. Good balance between Fe and Ti.
You're a girl, so it's more likely that you're INFJ, but don't take my word for it.
Also, show us your Ni-pples or get the Fe-ck out.

I'm INTJ.

>I'm not here to discuss how accurate it is
Then why discuss it at all

Myers briggs was made up by people with no scientific background.

Neither Isabel Briggs Myers nor Katherine Briggs had any formal psychological training.

Even renowned psychological theorist Carl Jung, whose writing formed the initial inspiration for the Myers-Briggs test, admitted that terms such as “introvert” and “extrovert” were false dichotomies and entirely too limited to either adequately describe or predict human behavior.

Up to half of the people who take the test a second time end up with a different personality classification, even if they take it within five weeks of the first test, just like a fucking horoscope.

According Annie Murphy Paul’s The Cult of Personality Testing, “as many as three-quarters of test takers achieve a different personality type when tested again…and the sixteen distinctive types described by the Myers-Briggs have no scientific basis whatsoever.”

Multiple studies have clearly demonstrated that the MBTI is incapable of accurately predicting job performance.

The test is used by most Fortune 500 corporations, but it is not typically used by professional psychologists.

Stanford University psychology professor Carl Thoreson, who is on the board of the company that issues the MBTI, has never mentioned the test in the over 150 academic papers he’s published. “I didn’t use it in any of my research,” Thoreson says, “in part because it would be questioned by my academic colleagues.”

The National Academy of Arts and Sciences conducted a study that concluded that the S-N and T-F scales had little to no validity.

There is absolutely no scientific basis for the test’s terminology, which has been criticized as “vague and general.”

Need i go on? It's pseudoscience that tells us what we want to hear. Just like most science fiction.

What grade are you in?

Last year. But I'm a repeater. So, technically, sixth year of high school.

You know a lot about this, anywhere i can find a write up?

What do you have a copy pasta for MBTI threads?

Do you also go on /x/ and stop astrology threads?

Let them have their fun. It might not be a "perfect" scheme to describe personality, but it's a good tool for self reflection which can lead to both increased self discovery and empathy. Helps the autismos a lot.

thoughtcatalog.com/heidi-priebe/2015/12/how-each-cognitive-function-manifests-based-on-its-position-in-your-stacking/
thoughtcatalog.com/heidi-priebe/2015/07/how-to-recognize-each-myers-briggs-personality-type-in-real-life/
I don't know about that site in general, but these two articles are the two first things I read about functions and they actually give a pretty clear picture of it.
If you want to go in depth, try Socionics.
socionics.com/
sociotype.com/
There are good explanations of functions, type, and even inter-type relations.

INTJ too, felt it was a fairly accurate assessment and I had taken this quiz 2 times before several years apart (once in middle school and then in highschool, and then recently at 30 y/o) and got the same each time so Im pretty sure its accurate

no, Artitecht is supposedly 2% of population, my wife took it and got ENTJ and apparently thats only 1% the population, who knows which others are rare and which are common. I suppose I could go read the summaries but Im not that curious about it.

Appreciated

I would agree generally speaking that it's wise to be cautious of Meyers-Briggs in particular. I think you have to go to the jungian level of what it is trying to build off of to get real meaning out of it. For me it helped because at the very least it gave me a good jumping off point for self improvement. No you might have the rebuttal of, "well you could have done that with a real theory," but I don't think that particularly matters, as long as you have the goal of reading further than MB. For me, it led me to more of the robust jungian personality theories and if it has that end result, I don't see to much harm in it. I could see how it is detrimental if you just stop at MB, but if you dig deeper, it can be really helpful. For the most part, I've seen most people of the NT types and NF types dig deeper into the theory, while the more normie types just kind of read it and move on. If you view MB in the context as a rigorous psychological theory, I think it fails, but if you view it as kind of a super dumbed down personality theory, that requires you to read more of the robust theories, I think it serves its purpose.

this.

im INTP. but i understand that OCEAN is the proper personality test, or "the big five"

mistake, my wife got INFJ which was 1% of the population

No problem cunt

En(f/t)p here. Redpilled.

DEBATER (ENTP-A)

That's what I got

Like any diagnostic criteria, the MBTI type descriptions are intentionally vague. They are supposed to represent consistent patterns and combinations of symptoms.

This means laypeople using it are susceptible to the Barnum Effect, which is the reason that horoscopes appear to accurately describe anyone who reads them.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnum_effect

You can easily rearrange bits and piece to argue that intuitive is bluepilled and sensing is redpilled. You have to use statistical analysis if you really want to answer your question.

Can confirm. Have an ISFP mother who is in a cult and cannot be reasoned with either religiously or politicially.

just took the test got
“THE COMMANDER” (ENTJ-A)

MBTI is no better than astrological horiscopes.

I cringe just as hard when someone asks my personality type as when they ask my star sign.

>there is no such thing as introversion or extroversion

Intj took this as test as part of my class in ap psych

This

INTP.

mbti and N/S dichotomy were designed for snowflakes so they can feel special about themselves.
>I'm an intp
>I'm 1% of the population
>Im s-spethial
quit wasting your life reading about this garbage and sort yourself out
>inb4 mbti is based off Jung
no shit fuckface. If youre gonna study Jung, then go for it and stop reading garbage two cluless women pulled out of their ass.

ESTJ here.

I've taken the Keirsey temperament sorter many times as an adult. Sometimes E vs. I will flip, and sometimes S vs. N will flip.

about me:
married oldfag with kids.

Was never a liberal, ever. Was a lolbertarian for a long time, until Trump woke me up on immigration. I had suspicions about HBD and race realism from an early age, because I grew up with muh diversity in a big city.

I think society should have traditions and rules, but they need to make sense, and people need to follow them. I hate it when people break rules in ways that are disrespectful or harm others. But I think breaking stupid rules is important and just. I've been mentally the same since childhood. I was a lolbertarian because I thought humans were too stupid to be allowed to run government.

Now I realize that I am anti-democracy.

I think much of the "evidence" regarding the JQ is circumstantial, and I think many people on Sup Forums aren't skeptical enough and get swept away with enthusiasm for contrarian ideas. I can relate.

>INTJ masterrace

Op i saw something ud be interested about NT typea and politics and S types dominating the left vs right war or smth
Ill try find it
Was a blog post

at least give a proper reason for believing mbti is fake guys..not something like oooh its just astrologyyy

INTP too

I can agree with you Sven, I definitely became more redpilled as I moved from sensing to a more intuitive view of the world.

Found