Tipping

I refuse to tip.

Even though tipping isn't an Australian thing i still won't do it. Not even if i was in USA™.

Why should i pay someone to walk my food 10 meters with their unwashed hands?
It's the chef who orders,preps,cooks and plates the food, yet he doesn't get a share of the tip, even though he's earning half of what Front of house make.

>"B-but the service was good"
And so it fucking should be, that's the waiter/waitresses job, which by the way could easily be replaced by a monkey and a Ipad™.

>"B-but they don't make a livable wage!"
Not my fucking problem. Restaurant owners should be paying a decent wage and not expect me to pay your bills. They overprice their food so they have the money.

What's Sup Forumss opinion on tipping?

Tip threads, always good for a troll. They get heaps of replies.

Though it's better done on sanctimonious liberal types who want to tell the world how secretly good they are.

I tipped the woman who gave me a haircut yesterday 2$

but I never eat at restaurants, because they are a scam, and I can always make bettere food at home, so I don't have to bother with tipping those people

$2

Also anytime the waiter says "sorry about the wait the kitchen is slow today" he means "sorry i was just on my phone buying vape juice and couldn't be fucked taking your food"

The kitchen is never slow, it's always the waiter/waitress

I used to work in a restaurant as a kitchen porter and all tips given to waitresses were split between all the staff. However I later found my manager stealing said tips from the safe. In third world countries like Greece and Liberia you have to tip constantly to get anything done, police, political figures even landlords. Tipping across the board causes more corruption than necessary.

>going to another country and not abiding by their customs

Fuck you Mohammed.

waitress detected.

It's not like front of house can do anything about it. You wouldn't even remember the face of someone who didn't tip. You might if you did your job in the first place.

Exactly it's nothing more that some jewish scam to get me to pay some losers bills.

It's a fucking bullshit scam that I wish I didn't have to take part in, because it takes a meal that's worth about $10 to me and forces me to pay something like $12 in order to remain socially acceptable.

It's fucking stupid, however, until the laws that have been put in place that solidify tip culture are revoked, the people working these jobs are fucked if the consumers don't tip. As it is now, waitresses and waiters are guaranteed minimum wage if their tips don't meet or exceed it, however when I go to a restaurant, I don't want minimum wage service. I want good service, and I'd be willing to pay a little more each trip in order to receive it. $2 every meal? Fuck that

We need to side with the liberals here and fight for these fuckers to get a living wage, rather than pushing the responsibility of payment onto the consumers for an employer's employees. You sure as fuck don't tip the mechanic, you pay your fucking bill and that's that.

this isn't political, guys

kek wills it

This even if I disagree with the concep of tipping. Servers should get paid more. The price of the food should be more expensive for all the fat lazy burgers who cant spend an hour in thekitchen cooking their own damn food.

My ex always wanted to go out to eat instead of cooking a meal and eating it in the comfort and privacy of our home. Even if I was the one cooking. She was not wife material.

Fuck off Ahmed. You are not welcome here.

tipping is bullshit, waiters should be paid the min wage. (which should be higher)
Foodie bubble overdue to burst, just watch, a disruptive APP will come along and pop-up dining/lunches/brunches & foodtrucks will fuck the whole restaurant game up.

>chefs make half of what front house makes

The fuck you smoking user, I work with food and I'm paid 5 times what a waitress does.

Also this, always fucking this. Waitresses always wait to pick up food so they can bs with the other waitresses.

This is why I don't order delivery or go to restaurants often anyway, maybe if people stop going to applebees once a week for 10 or so years they'll either go out of business or restructure their policies to match those of every other first world country that sees tipping as impolite, implying they're idiots working for peanuts.

>The price of the food should be more expensive for all the fat lazy burgers who cant spend an hour in thekitchen cooking their own damn food.

Whatever happened to just turning a fucking profit and everybody getting what they want?

If you're a tipcuck at restaurants whats stopping you from tipping the guy in the drive thru at mcdonalds?

or tipping the popcorn guy at the movies?

or tipping the guy at walmart for bagging your groceries?

>b but people dont make enough at a restaurant!

t. communist cuckold that deprives himself of money just to feel good about himself for tipping

>refuse to do something where that thing is not expected
we got a badass over here

>literally government sanctioned panhandling on behalf of big business.

Another reason to hate Canada is that tipping is expected near American levels (10-20%), but waiters here can't legally be underpaid.

We mostly pay them not to piss in our food. They also fill up our drinks more than once and pretend they like us by stopping by our table more than once every half hour.

Tipping is part of French traditions, so sometimes, when I have enough money I give them a little plus I never felt awkward for doing this It's natural for real Frenchman. (But I only give to respectful whites peoples and asian,)

> And so it fucking should be, that's the waiter/waitresses job

Their official job description doesn't always include smiling or chatting with you for a bit. Tipping is a good gesture, in return for a waitress' nice and/or helpful attitude.

> Not my fucking problem. Restaurant owners should be paying a decent wage

That's not how the world works, buddy.

> not expect me to pay your bills.

I can't see why a big-shot like you wouldn't pay a meager buck more for a breakfast, if the girl who served you was cool.

> What's Sup Forumss opinion on tipping?

My opinion on you is that you sound like you wrote this post with a fedora on.

>implying back of house doesnt get a cut of every nights tip
do you even work in the restaurant industry?
kys

Capitalism.

The first is that waiters and waitresses, at least in the US, are paid below minimum wage and depend on tips to make a living.

Secondly, they're paid below minimum wage because it drives the incentive to provide good service to costumers. Decide you're going to act on your cunty attitude today because its that week of the month? I don't care. Smile at me and ask me how well my day has been, and you'll get an easy 20%.

As long as you always go to a different restaurants you should be fine.

Unless you operate a car for my service because of the cost incurred doing so, like pizza delivery, you ain't getting shit.

I've went from full white knight sometimes tipping 50% to full niggerdom 0%. I don't care if you starve. Your potentially starvation at my hands makes my meal tastier.

>inb4 places keep track of who does that and smear shit on your food
I live in America, there's 2 places to eat for every person. I could eat out at a different place every meal within a 10 mile radius and never eat at the same place in my life if I wanted to.

I live off tips - it pretty much sucks on this end too. . have to be nice to a bunch of idiots even when you don't want to be. But my hustle is strong and I make more doing than than the labor class

I dont get why men pay for hair cuts, just buy a $20 set of clippers.

>my hustle is strong

sure thing jamal

here tipping is seen almost as an insult- as if "you are doing such a shit-paying-job, here. go buy yourself some candy. I'm such a good generous person"

SMILE AT ME. NOW!

Get a real job!

Poorfag detected.

Protip: You can't make better food at home than a chef at a good restaurant. I know that thinking you can makes you feel better about being poor, but it's just not true.

When I was a waiter, I found that assholes that didn't tip were literally either niggers or jews. If you can't afford to tip, don't go out to eat. Or order take-out if you're too stupid to cook your own meals, but don't punish waitstaff by sitting down and expecting them to serve your cheap nigger ass for free