Why is Soviet architecture so ugly?

Why is Soviet/Communist architecture so god damn ugly?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kq_7w9RHvpQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

better than living in your shithole of a country where there is no architecture

>spend half a century killing the most driven, talented, creative people in society
>be surprised everything looks like it was made by apes

Marxism confirmed for the nigger of political ideologies.

Because it's old as fuck.
But most modern buildings are inherited from the soviet style: no ornamentation and everything must be functional. Communism has won the cultural war and has turned us into insects who don't care about beauty because it's useless.

Kek
Try not getting lost in the shitty suburbs, piece of trash faggot

mad paco? make me some pico fucking brown shit abomination

The women are so pretty, is ne nado for pretty building

They didn't care about it being cute they wanted to give as much people as possible a home

>architecture is inspiring
>inspiration leads to ambition and risk taking
>ambition and risk taking lead to success
>comrade user is successful
>success=theft
>into the gulag you go

> lefty architecture

since when have lefties been creative?

And yet...

We have a winner.

More glorious metro

youtube.com/watch?v=Kq_7w9RHvpQ

Shill answer: because Slavs are subhuman
True answer: because Jews ruled over them

Post something more recent

Because they have no God.

I was trying to make it more or less contemporary with OP's pics, as a sort of counternarrative.

But here's this one now, it looks like.

because leftism

because central planing

because it's the reflection of the inside of leftists.

ugly, soulless, inhumane.

Looks like Jewish shit

That architecture is bretty based desu. I like the bleakness. American and traditional European architecture sucks.

The soviet system was spiritually ugly. Brutalism is only a symptom of the underlying evil.

Because this is what it looks like when abstract principles are prioritized over the actual human experience.

Its just like I remember in Hitman

Becuase they built to please some tasteless commie fag in an office, unlike the people before them who built to please god himself.

Because of Jews. Jews hate beauty. You can see how the Soviet Union became more aesthetic after they started purging Jews from the top, and even more so after the Jews got butthurt about Israel and started leaving. In every country where Jews get involved in architecture they mutilate old buildings and design obnoxious 'art', or create cold ugly buildings with no aesthetics to speak of.

Tacos plz

Because the USSR, "Stalin" was retarded and did not know anything about architecture and arts

not made to be pretty
made to be sturdy and house people
are you woman

>not all buildings can be beautiful
>if some buildings are beautiful, then they have a high social ranking than those who are not
>this establishes a dominance hierarchy, creating inequality

That's why Leftists don't like ugliness.

Talking about shitty suburbs ...

what is this hellscape?

i love pure concrete highrise buildings

concrete = communism = ussr
steel = capitalism = usa

Tens of millions of people in the USSR didn't have a home, and to build enough quickly they got these.

Actually the Apartments built under Stalin's time had more focus on decor than the ones build in the 50s, which is the most common ones.

Mexico City
Going on for miles and miles

Because Khrushchev hate Stalin and wanted to erase everything associated with him, including architecture.

They look shitty now since these are buildings that have been around since the 50's that have fallen in disrepair

Greco-Roman coffer ceiling
Damier marble floor and columns
Art déco lanterns
>Jewish shit
????