Where does Sup Forums stand on civil forfeitures?

youtu.be/EP88_mNK3-U

gosanangelo.com/story/opinion/editorials/2017/04/01/end-perverse-incentives-seizing-assets/99802502/

Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky and Rep. Tim Walberg of Michigan have introduced legislation to reform civil asset forfeiture, a practice by which law enforcement agencies seize the property and assets of individuals with minimal due process.

The practice has encouraged “policing for profit,” distorting the mission of police agencies toward revenue generation to the detriment of the property rights of Americans. Paul’s and Walberg’s bill should unite those concerned with upholding constitutional rights and justice more broadly.

The FAIR (Fifth Amendment Integrity Restoration) Act, previously introduced by Paul in 2014, seeks to shore up the rights of Americans facing civil asset forfeiture proceedings and curb the perverse profit incentives which underline the practice.

“The federal government has made it far too easy for government agencies to take and profit from the property of those who have not been convicted of a crime,” said Paul. “The FAIR Act will protect Americans’ Fifth Amendment rights from being infringed upon by ensuring that government agencies no longer profit from taking the property of U.S. citizens without due process.”

Under current practices, federal agencies, often in partnership with state and local police departments, may seize a person’s cash, home or vehicle simply upon the suspicion that such assets were connected to criminal activity. One need not even be charged or convicted of a crime to have personal assets permanently seized.

Pic Unrelated

Spooky

Government should keep their hands off others property

>That arche

taking from non whites is okay if they are really nasty and mean, taking from jews is double okay and should be encouraged.

It's unAmerican.

Government theft.
Just like taxation ;D

>that pic

Is it wrong that I want to kiss that foot?

"You're not under arrest, buy your money is!"

It's a complete scam and John Oliver of all people had a good bit about it before his show was sold to Hillarys Globalist Campaign

KIDS ARE NOT FOR LEWD

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

why is she in a car seat she's like 8

I see this image and I'm like "I'm not saving that image" and then I see feet and I'm like "I'm saving that image"

I don't know who I am anymore

Uh... yes... yes...
*stares at foot*

bump

It's shit, i knew an attorney who smuggled cocaine to his client in prison, they took the Lamborghini diablo he drove there in... didn't arrest him, he just had to take a cab home...

It's also used to take cash if the cop wants, they can take your cash and tell you to prove to them it's not proceeds from a crime.

A client i had had around 15k taken by shitty cops, it took 18 months to get the cash back after proving it was savings because he was moving cross county.... guy was driving a uhaul truck full of his belongings and the cop was claiming it could be a cover for drug money.

bump because she is cute and I'd like to have a daughter like her

OF COURSE ITS UNLAWFUL!!!! Sup Forums has fallen for the identity politcs meme along with everyone else. Everyone in politics is "left" YES even the Donald. Siezing the property of others is "left". Having court cases called "The State vz $50,000" is "left". Just because the government supports it and does it doesnt mean its ok because its "nationalist".

As soon as Sup Forums can figure out that nationalism doesn't mean "if the government does it its ok" because YOUR GOVERNMENT IS ANTI-NATIONALIST!. Yes, even the Donald.

Recognise that the government is your enemy and does not care about your interests.

Uk gov. too.

yes you freak

>Siezing the property of others is "left".
Learn where left/right came from.

Kinda wish my feet had a strong arch like that, too bad I have fairly flat feet.

I know already thanks.

Private property = right.
Gov taking your shit = left

Wrong. Learn where it came from.

you tell me then - if you can.

>do my research for me
I'll give you a hint, it's French.

*Sniiiiiiiiiiiiff*
t-thanks sweetie

If you know and you can be fucked to fill out captchas - just post a fucking link. Dont say "wrong".

Or how about this - actually contribute your thoughts to the thread. Make you own point.

Im pretty sure private property is right and government taking is left.

Im not asking you to do anything for me, but add your view to the thread

>pic unrelated

would like to lick her little feet :3

Left/right is essentially about class divide and traditionalism, the right (primarily nobles) wanted these, the left wanted to remove them.
Specifically, it comes from the way they sat in parliament if I'm not mistaken.
Should the government/cops be allowed to steal your money? No. But it's not specifically leftist, they just tend to use it more because it redistributes wealth.

You have to use a car seat until 135 cm tall or 12 years old in Britain, now.

I think over here it's similar except it's different for the front seats and back seats.

I hate pedos so much.

Kys.

Sage. Die degenerate pedo faggot.

>Where does Sup Forums stand on civil forfeitures?
Government get out