Was Lebensraum different from Manifest destiny?

Manifest destiny:the 19th-century doctrine or belief that the expansion of the US throughout the American continents was both justified and inevitable

Lebensraum: the territory that a state or nation believes is needed for its natural development, especially associated with Nazi Germany.

The Americans wanted to spread west for more resources for their people, and drove out the Native Americans. And in this time, you could call this a total genocide of Native Americans, because it was.

The Germans wanted to expand across Europe for more land for the German people. And in this time, they committed genocide against anyone they saw unfit.

Is there really a difference?

If not, why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fTwIg_rI9gw
youtube.com/watch?v=x2Iwa9LeuFM
youtube.com/watch?v=wHmhf_wrcrM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

maybe the Ostsiedlung is a better comparison

forgot pic

Yeah that would have been more proper, but whatever.

The difference is that America was empty while Europe was not. There were very few indians, just scattered as hunter-gather nomads across the land. They didn't have massive cities with millions of people.

Yeah, that's a good point.

But even though the numbers of people were vastly different, they were both trying to conquer land for their peoples.

{{bump2}}

well shit this thread sure died fast.

Don't you die on me

never gonna give you up

>they committed genocide against anyone they saw unfit

We do such a shitty job at it.

How many genocides have we commited in WW2, according to the latest history?

One on jews
One on homosexuals
One on anything else the nazis saw unfit.

I think Americans saw themselves as part of the process of "Progress". You know, making everybody equal, uniting humanity in one cosmopolitan identity and thus some tribes were just too backwards and didn't fit in history. Germans also saw Germanization as Modernization, but they lacked belief in Progress as uniting people and there was a clear racial component to their ideology

Manifest destiny was about the spread of the superior anglo saxon culture. People back then just thought non whites as inferior and didn't care much about equality of the races. It certainly was not about race. it was about spreading their land for their democracy in a world of authoritarians.

>there was a clear racial component to their ideology

Excuse me, but America was racist longer than Germany was.

So many?

youtube.com/watch?v=fTwIg_rI9gw

Yes, they were.
But you didn't see America putting anyone they saw unfit in ovens, now did they?

>making everybody equal, uniting humanity in one cosmopolitan identity

youtube.com/watch?v=x2Iwa9LeuFM

>but America was racist longer than Germany was
I think all Protestants were and are racist and chauvinistic

They killed 1/3rd of the jews in Europe in the holocaust.
So yeah, many.

Haven't you noticed that Americans, both abolished slavery and ended segregation? And now push diversity as value and want even to abolish sexes? This is cosmopolitanism, it proves my point

And America went in a civil war to end slavery, costing about, I don't know, 625,000 deaths?

>But you didn't see America putting anyone they saw unfit in ovens, now did they?

Not sure, how many millions has america exactly killed in the last decade alone?

>All americans now are libtards
>Thus all americans before them were also interested in equality

What?

The wars we have fought in the past decade is to end Islamic Terrorism.

You should be thankful, German. Without us, it would be a lot worse in your country.

Slavery and segregation was always limited to South. The Yankee culture has dramatically prevailed over the South

Lol how? American involvement, especially in World War 1 which only happened to serve its (((Masters))) was pretty ruinous for Germany.

Indians were a stone age "civilization" when this continent was conquered.

OP is comparing apples and watermelons.

To be honest, I agree.
The world would have been much better if Germany won ww1.

No ww2.

No extremist leftist uprising.

>The wars we have fought in the past decade is to end Islamic Terrorism.

At least I am allowed to call you out on this lie.

All you have done is toppling moderate rulers like Gaddaffi or Assad and AIDING radical muslims.

How many "suicide attacka" were there in Iraq before you fought "islamic terrorism" there.

Most likely minimal.

The difference is that the victims of the holocaust (and ww2 in general) we're big enough to have their voice heard.
No one cared about native americans back then, thus manifest destiny is seen in a different way.

True. Isis did not even exist and wouldn't have been possible.

Fighting islamic terrorism, my ass.

Your country belongs before a war criminal court, and people like Bush and Obama, Clinton deserve death.

But, on the other hand The war helped us IMMENSELY on oil.
The middle east was prosperous with oil
Maybe the war was caused FOR oil?

The Israel lobby and neocons was a strong component. Other then that, war is always good business.

youtube.com/watch?v=wHmhf_wrcrM