War

Is war positive or negative? What are your thoughts on it? has it helped?

Other urls found in this thread:

truthontheweb.org/abe.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=dBI1Hplnghs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

how old are you?
if you are more than 16 then you need to understand that the pep[;e pay for the war.
the people make products that are blown up outside the border and do nothing to help the economy.
the people need to ration and are fed patriotism and military glory as a substitute for poverty.
how is war ever good for the individual?

inb4
>my clay

good for technological innovation
bad for the human condition

War is good if you win, but bad if you lose. War is natural, and should be encouraged, although even the best will succumb if outnumbered.

>A.
>FUCKING.
>LEAF.

Bad for the individual good for the collective whole

It might be slightly positive if you win, even then there are few cases where it makes a great improvement for the country or people

but in almost all cases it is a total loss and waste of time / lives / resources

you can put all that effort into infrastructure, education and research, things that always benefit a country

>implying a thousand subnormal farmers will overcome 100 Green Berets
>implying quantity over quality

I'm looking at Zeta's grandfather if anyone gets my drift

I find it a bad but inevitable reality. The main reason I don't like war is because it can tear people away from their loved ones, and they will almost never see their family again. Death by war is an honorable one, but let us pray it never has to happen, and we never have to raise the stakes that high.

As I like to think. War makes for a good story, but a harsh reality, but the one thing we can do from the outcome of war is learn.

its okay to be anti war. he was.

Selective pressures are typically always good.

It is well that war is so terrible, otherwise we should grow too fond of it.

War is bad. War is an anti-selection. The best people perish, the garbage remains alive in the rear. A lot of money is thrown out.

What a cruel thing is war; to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbours, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world! I pray that, on this day when only peace and good-will are preached to mankind, better thoughts may fill the hearts of our enemies and turn them to peace. … My heart bleeds at the death of every one of our gallant men.

It's ridiculous how some people paint it that because someone is ready to go to war that they like war- it's just sometimes the less bad option.

But interestingly enough Ares the Greek god of war was seen as a bad guy who caused chaos and death while Mars, the Roman version, was seen as a good guy because he spread the Pax Romana.

ww2 got us radar, advanced submarines, jets, rockets

technological innovation outside of fucking social media apps has been 0 since the end of the cold war

we would be colonizing mars right now if we had any worthy enemies

One must not judge everyone in the world by his qualities as a soldier: otherwise we should have no civilization.

Pretty much this. Rarely in history has a human affliction been summed up so succinctly and accurately.

I would like to take this opportunity to point out that your pic related is mistitled
That is not the Flag of the German Reich
That is the Naval Jack of the Kriegsmarine during the Reich years
You can tell the differences because the center circle and inlaid swastika are placed to the left of center and not directly in the center

I also believe, if memory serves, that OP, being a fag, posted this same image with the mistitled name a few months back as well.

Oh well, here's your (OP)

War is great. I mean it's terrible for the individuals caught up in it and usually bad for the losing party but it's a force of creative destruction throughout human history, without the Second World War and the resulting Cold War we probably wouldn't have:

>Nuclear energy
>Jet aircraft
>Space travel
>The Internet

And countless other inventions.

>my clay
lacking understanding that tribalism is part of huanity
lacking understanding that competiviness is part of nature
lacking understanding that men naturally compete with each other
lacking understanding that resources are limited and the society that secures them survivies

fuck off bernie shill

get over it faggot, you lost

god I hate southerners

War is best motivation for population, ideally nations should be locked in eternal war that should be waged not to destroy enemy but only to fight

/comfy/ up in hurr bois

every century has been a century of war! the burger fat is going to your head moron
fucktards like you with no knowledge of history much be bernie supporters

>slightly offset
this triggers me

I'm not a southerner. Don't support the north or south. Just an amateur military historian. I have the same birthday as General Meade though, so that's kind of cool.
>Why do men fight who were born to be brothers?

>niggers everywhere
bet you wish the south won now though?

youre a massive faggot.
t. someone whose state gave as much to the Union as anyone. Our best thrice faced the Devil himself, Stonewall Jackson, and thrice proved an insurmountable obstacle.

>it is inevitable therefor it is good
well golly gee I love feminism now

>implying that feminism isn't inevitable
no one said you have to like it.

we are much stronger together than apart
t.
yank

>Stonewall Jackson

The time for war has not yet come, but it will come, and that soon; and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard.

>being illiterate in your own language
>it is inevitable therefor it is good
>feminism is inevitable
>it is not good
>just because something is inevitable and we should be immunized against it that doesnt mean its good or desirable.
kys

+1

>War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over.

>I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation. War is hell.

War is a positive force for improvement of the human species.

It's a competition for ideas and ideals, and the best ones (mostly) win.

>It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation. War is hell.
A few gentlemen from the Mongolian steppe might disagree.

>mongolians are people
The Romans described the Steppe People as savage demons, ritually scarred, with mishapens heads and oddly proportioned bodies. They fought with inhuman will and sturdiness. And were not Huns or Mongols.

70:2.9 War has had a certain evolutionary and selective value, but like slavery, it must sometime be abandoned as civilization slowly advances. --Urantia

>This war would never have been possible without the sinister influence of the Jesuits. We owe it to Popery that we now see our land reddened with the blood of her noblest sons. Though there were great differences of opinion between the South and the North, on the question of slavery, neither Jeff Davis nor any one of the leading men of the Confederacy would have dared to attack the North, had they not relied on the promises of the Jesuits, that under the mask of Democracy, the money and the arms of the Roman Catholic, even the arms of France, were at their disposal, if they would attack us. I pity the priests, the bishops and the monks of Rome in the United States, when the people realize that they are, in great part, responsible for the tears and the blood shed in this war; the later the more terrible will the retribution be.

>I conceal what I know, on that subject, from the knowledge of the nation; for if the people knew the whole truth, this war would turn into a religious war, and it would, at once, take a tenfold more savage and bloody character, it would become merciless as all religious wars are. It would become a war of extermination on both sides. The Protestants of both the North and the South would surely unite to exterminate the priests and the Jesuits, if they could hear what Professor Morse has said to me of the plots made in the very city of Rome to destroy this Republic, and if they could learn how the priests, the nuns, and the monks, which daily land on our shores, under the pretext of preaching their religion, instructing the people in their schools, taking care of the sick in the hospitals, are nothing else but the emissaries of the Pope, of Napoleon, and the other despots of Europe, to undermine our institutions, alienate the hearts of our people from our constitution, and our laws, destroy our schools, and prepare a reign of anarchy here as they have done in Ireland, in Mexico, in Spain, and wherever there are any people who want to be free, ect.

Source for further reading? Im always open to further proof that Episcopalians and Catholics arent to be trusted.

>how is war ever good for the individual?
silly goyim

Name a war that (((they))) weren't behind or profited from. How far back do you have to go?

>truthontheweb.org/abe.htm

Episcopalians and Catholics are intimately connected with secret societies and the british crown. Mormons launched a secession attempt in 1857, just before the civil war. This stuff gets pretty deep pretty fast.

War is neither good, nor bad. Just like humanity itself.

Going to war is in the old German mentality only a thing for free man. You can only find true freedom in following your leader onto the battlefied to stand your ground and defend your family, people and honor against the enemy.

That's at least how we Germans see it.

checked and thanks

People who make governance through religion their business are generally not to be trusted. One of the reasons I despise modern leftists.

from a hobbyist, but you cant get a professional opinion on this anyways:
youtube.com/watch?v=dBI1Hplnghs