Marvel VP of Sales blames diversity for falling comic book sales

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/news/marvel-comic-book-sales-falling-vp-diversity-women-a7662771.html

Wow it's almost like the only people who buy this shit are white and male.

HOL UP
*smacks lips*
YOU TRYNA TELL ME
*pulls pants up*
THAT BLACK WOMYN AINT READIN
*pulls pants back down*
COMIC BOOKS N SHYT?

What a surprise.

The people don't want stronk independent womyn.

Same with the diversity bullshit. Most people in western countries don't care about niggers, muslims or jews. The media is just pushing it.

So true. Although I once got to be friends with a Sup Forums guy who I think in retrospect was black. He was super chill tho and wouldn't go for all this diversity bullshit.

WE WUZ SUPER HEROES N SHEIT

Events ruined Marvel, looking at you Civil War, now all they do is hype up event after event and they have zero consequences so they are trying to compensate with lack of storytelling with LOOK BLACK SPIDER-MAN! The worst part about these diverse characters is that they have no originality and are piggybacking off of what their namesakes did.

>THAT BLACK WOMYN AINT READIN
Should've stopped here

You guys, can we please actually pay attention to the important thing here?

A top, higher up person actually knows, and admitted to the obvious problem.

How fucking rare. Someone who doesn't have their head of their ass.

It's marketing 101 : give your core audience what they want, not what you personaly enjoy.

These people would rather push their agenda than do their job properly.

he got fired already

The only ones that sell are the diverse ones wtf, miles Morales gwenpool, the only one that sells and isn't diverse is hydracap

>haven't bought a single comic book because of all this diversity shit in the last 7 years
Not surprising. Most of this shit was only baited to bring about people to buying "NEW" shit that was just that, shit. And then they bought into their own bullshit despite the ass sales.

I think it's partially because they see that hundreds of thousands of their audience are turning to manga made in Japan which features female leads.

What they forget is that many men like anime because females in it are almost a feminine ideal, not a woman masquerading as a man like western comics.

They see their success but don't understand that we don't care if a woman saves the world just so long as they still know their place as a woman.

Yes that's good news. They are finally admitting diversity is counter-productive for your business.

Now I'm curious to see how the Black Panther movie will do.

>A top, higher up person

Not anymore lol

no shiit dumbass, hire me and i'll save you millions by telling you this obvious shit

That's my entire fucking problem with it and it's a reflection on society as whole. Don't replace white people who have established this great thing just for the sane of empty diversity. Create something new but just like these jackasses I real life they're unable to make something themselves and demand that the white man five them his.

>(((diversity))) is bad for business
b-but I thought that kikes were supposed to be good at money

repost thread

>buying/reading Western comics
>Ever

Nah

>catering to people who aren't interested in your product
No one else to blame but themselves.

I've always liked The Prowler so I was pretty shocked Marvel gave him an ongoing, really shocked, considering he is one of their original black superheros.

They still won't learn though
>they didn't want female characters
People don't mind female characters who are well written, they don't want pic related

Business decisions based on ideology rather than what the market actually wants are doomed to fail, which is why I have fairly minimum concern about things like Sarkeesian and her ilk.

This is why voting with your wallet is super fucking important, don't buy shit that caves to social and ideological pressure, make sure to support your favorite content creators if you want more of what they make.

Japan also does well written women way betterthan western comics

>sexy women in comics
no thanks
i prefer buff guys with huge dicks so that i can fantasize about

>chase away 100,000 people
>replace with 10,000 SJW
>we sell 10x time less, pozzed our brand forever, but at least we sell diverse merch.
you are a business genius.
daily reminder that leftards are to shit what Midas was to gold.

Simplest decision would be to fire Bendis since he's done a lot more damage than good to the company and get Jim Shooter back on board, apparently Marvel fucking despise him though considering he's quite a control freak but he's also busy with the Valiant relaunch, ironically which is doing the diverse and SJW pushing much, much better than Marvel without it feeling forced.

Kek Marvel is gonna fire this guy and replace him with Shaqeuanisha, the trans black male who self identifies as a female bicycle.

You just got diversified fool!

Almighty Lord Kek.

Send that all media publishers get the memo before Netflix churns out a diveristy fuckfest series of the Wheel of Time

They still have all the white male characters, they didn't go away. Just because there is a black Spiderman doesn't mean Peter Parker is gone. The black one just sells more because it's a better series with better writing and better art. Hydra Cap still sells even tho sjws hated it (but even Kotaku likes Hydra Cap) so diversity isn't harming marvel at all. They keep doing dumb shit like making a bunch of events , civil war 2 was shit.

This comic right here was Marvel jumping the shark.

>still reading superhero shit in the year of our lord 2017

>I can't comprehend anything past physical traits.
It's about projecting this fantasy that women are just as strong and brave as men. It's a bullshit fantasy, and anybody who has seen how women react in a emergencies vs how men react would know.

There is literally nothing wrong with having over the top female characters. It's just shit like everyone of them being a ms marvel copy and paste that is the problem.

Does anyone have the comic page of the black guy becoming a Muslim convert?

Ay pizdec, Ivans on fire

My dad still buys this shit.

>diversity
DC also has diversity and they're doing just fine in the comic book department

maybe Marvel should focus on writing decent self contained stories instead of shoving constant events and [unsolicited opinions on Israel] downpeople's throats

I'm surprised they admitted it instead of tripling down.

Also, no one gave a shit about women and minority superheros. There were always some. It was the post-modernist propaganda way they went about it.

>pander massively to the new pearl-clutchers that don't even buy your products
>throw all standards out the window, hire people based on ideological purity rather than marketable skills
>act surprised when the buyers stop buying
[unsolicitated opinions on the USA]

this, but its not like we werent saying this from the beggining which goes back years. liberals and reddittards called us stormfags etc but it seems we were right.
>leftist are this detached from reality
rly its not rocket science

Which tech company will be the first to admit that the vast majority of women don't want to be programmers instead of doubling down on diversity as the rest of the industry has?

They are. They have collected almost all of the money. Now they're repurposing their money collecting organs towards fucking with the goyim and ruining everything good.

>not reading exclusively superior eurocomics that aren't polluted with a shitty SJW agenda

Spider-man is Hispanic damn it. Let us have this one...

I'm still reading Asterix. Redpilled as fuck.

Got any other examples besides blacksad?

White males are the largest group of comic book purchasers. Why am I not surprised?

Back to basics? Regain your convservative traditions comic book companies. And the conservative white male will start buying your books again voting with their wallets instead of the minorities who have received affirmative action in your titles but have no interest in comics, or just won't buy them anyway because of circumstances or cultural differences. The irony.

>born too late to subscribe to Pilote
Read Tintin again. The Picaros in particular.
Hergé knew his shit.
Jacobs too, he just didn't put it on display too much.

a-are you saying that for the kikes, we are too poor to steal from?

But I bought YookaLaylee way before they thought and Iranian expressing in favor of cultural/national preservation was "problematic".

What about that blacksad with all the nazi/white animals?

Yeah, no.

The art is awful and the comedy is worse, can't believe Marvel published this shit. Glad I grew up and lost interest in capeshit years ago.

D-do artists actually believe this is how it was?

Dude you have to be stupidly young to have not noticed sales now vs sales then. There was a time not too long ago where if you didn't have subscriptions to most Marvel characters it'd sell out before you could grab it. It's not that way anymore. Marvel killed their printed media.

Read Image comics, they have good stories.

Loisel's Peter Pan is pure comickino, also by Loisel, La QuĂȘte de l'Oiseau du Temps.
Valerian.
That whole scifi series containing Aldebaran, Betelgeuse, Antares, Survivants, Centaurus.
Kenya, Namibia.
Sillage.
Universal War 1 (still reading this one).
De Cape et de Crocs (pure Molierekino).
Yoko Tsuno (nice nostalgic scifi)
The whole Lanfeust saga is pretty good too (first series is the best by far though).
There are too many great eurocomics to name them all desu.

>born too late to subscribe to Pilote
iktf

There's literally ONE volume with the nazi plot, plus it's literally contemporary to the comic.

Not true at all, comic book readers are diverse however Just like gamers entirely uninterested in the political debate and demand quality goods and forcing a specific narative that has no underlying plot or reason (LEL FEMALE THOR CUZ Y NOT?) Is shit quality and creates a bad base for any story to expand on.

The comics arent being sold because theyre not being made to tell a good story anymore but to force a political narative on its consumers and comic readers, like gamers, are very keen on picking that shit up and avoiding it like a subsaharan prostitute in a mediterranean country

Make the shabbos goy apologize right now.

That has nothing to do with diversity tho
Comic sales are down in general

silly racist. Surely fans will come running to buy a new black muslim gay transgender superman comic.

They're doing billions with movies and TV shows.

tbf the new Ms Marvel book has been pretty good.
And I never cared about Blue Beetle until Jaime replaced Ted in the mid-late Blue Beetle run.

It just all depends on the writing. MARVEL has shit writing in all their books, diverse or not.

Why are comic sales down

It's gotten to the point where the fucking nips can do capeshit better than you

Because print media is down

finally,they have awoken

"the people"

Its more like the problem that they started catering to a masse of snowflakes who dont even enjoy the hobby, much like videogames.
They started catering to people who ultimately dont buy the product no matter what.

Only in the US, for the reasons explained it the article. Comic book sales are up in most european countries, especially among younger people, because eurocomics deliver great art that isn't a cheap attempt and pushing social justice.

KEK good shit ruskie bro

Where can I read these frog comics online and in english?
They look awesome. I always adored french comics as a child. I grew up on asterix and marsupilami

I was surprised for a second there, then I remembered that SJWs are literal communists and criticizing The Party gets you sent to the gulags. Silly me.

Well some of them will have official translations so look for that. For some others (Sillage for example) you can head over to Sup Forums where some people took it upon themselves to make translated scans.
Feels good to know I can just walk to the comic shop 5 minutes away from my place to get those though.

you guys make some great comics.

Thankfully, the shit writing has nothing to do with promoting an agenda, right, Britcuck?

give me a quick rundown on these comics, looks bretty good.

>Spider-man is Hispanic damn it. Let us have this one...
>"Peter Parker"
>Hispanic

Marvel and DC are hitting all time lows.

checked, it's like that ex cianigger or whatever fag that's on infowars sometimes said
>It's just to throw a rose at the lefts grave and pass a long
>they are already dead

If you actually knew anything about the state of MARVEL comics for the past few years then you'd have known their books have been long shit before the diversity push.

They already had hit peak bottom before the diversity push, they haven't gotten worse just stayed shit.

Wouldn't expect an American mongrel to be able to think beyond shit tier plebbit memes tho so a bit pointless posting this desu la

yes, goy from a shitty post-soviet state

>Peter Parker

>Most people in western countries don't care about niggers, muslims or jews.

I'll give you the first two. But I don't think jew-hate is nearly as widespread as you want it to be. Niggers and sandniggers are actively destroying everything they come into contact with, so people are naturally leery of them even if they virtue-signal otherwise.

But jews work in the shadows. All a normal person sees is that they keep to their own communities and don't mix with other religions, for business or pleasure. It's not enough to trigger full blown hate in most people.

the new chinky Superman comic is an example of a new non-white character done right, one of the best comics DC are doing right now. Didn't replace the current Superman instead China made their own ripoff version which the story is about.

At least we were put in our land by god and not have to make up some fairy tales to justify our ownership of land.

HAHAHA, maybe companies will realize that being an SJW is not profitable anymore

>hear Ben Reilly is back
>but this is his fucking costume
Marvel just wants to ruin everything good

Perhaps th proble is that their comics, seires and films look more like a progressive political
pamphlet than a super-hero shit.

Tbh, I think they're euro comics

a fan of this myself.

Th-this isn't real is it?

Yes it is, not even shopped at all

Fucking hell, and they wonder why nobody will touch their shit anymore.

>comic book readers are diverse however Just like gamers entirely uninterested in the political debate

It's not a political debate, it's warfare. A foreign enemy has taken over the media and is using it to brainwash white people into committing racial suicide. The brainwashing isn't going over as well as they had hoped, so they're pulling the plug on it for now.

Comic books have been shit for decades, the diversity faggotry was just a new, especially pungent flavor of shit. I really don't know how people an still read comic books when any fucking time anything meaningful happens it just gets instantly retconned.

So, mansplaining is the truth?
shot themselves in the leg with that one didnt they?

Add in what says with endless reboots and retcons and the whole pile of capeshit is worthless.