Is it seriously true that Americans hate stick shift?

Is it seriously true that Americans hate stick shift?

They can't handle anything but automatic?

What the fuck burgers? What the hell kind of country are you?

Fuck off I drive stick

You try shifting gears and eating a burger at the same time. Even using left-handed burger bun it is almost impossible unless the car is parked.

I have to believe this is a meme. I'm not a millennial (genx here), so maybe they or their women can answer.

Problem w/ my last two cars is that I COULDN'T get a manual. But it makes sense as I am in dad-mode now and need a people carrier (3rd row SUV).

>what is technology

i wish automatics were the norm here

Brits love stick shifting because it feels like holding a hard cock. Fucking faggs

>live in a nation that is basically an orwellian daydream
>LOL SO WUTS WRONG WITH AMERITARDS?!

wew lad

What does it matter as long as they get from A to B. If you ask me the smarter casual driver is the American.

Our roads are better than yours and we don't need a manual because our shitboxes are better than yours and don't struggle to get up a hill

Manuals are still common anyways, you guys drive on the wrong side of the road

driving a stick is a lifehack in america because dindus can't steal your car

I think that's just women.

Fucking scrub, that's what your knees are for.

I like a stick for my go fast car
But I prefer an auto in my everyday car
Who wants to shift everyday at all times when you can do both

Yes, burgers under 30 hate manual. Texting and driving already kills them pretty efficiently, they don't want to add a 3rd task.

Great thread man, really related to politics. I'm sure Reddit is loving it

I drive stick. It was pretty great when I lived in the boonies, but it sucks big balls in the city. Next car will be automatic for sure.

this

not politics

/o/ is right around the corner

saged

Driving stick in 2017, or the last 20 or so years, is fucking retarded.

Millennial here it's true

And you posted this on Sup Forums too. Are you that butthurt that an American fucked your toothless girlfriend last night?

Pic related: OP

Only the non white Americans. And females who cant even park an automatic on flat ground.

Driving stick has to be one of the most satisfying things ever.

Stick or i get my fucking bicycle to work.

Muritards can not comprehend more actions.

We can't handle automatic, either. Driving interferes with texting.

So? Most people just want to get from point a to B as fast as possible.
Stick or automatic, who cares?

Efficiency
Most people aren't going to need shift stick for shit considering they live in cities and suburbs
There's no NEED to learn stick shift
The people who do need it do learn it
Sorry our country isn't a mass of earth acne

>back in my day sport, manually cranking a model t was the best feeling in the world

Alright gramps. I'll just enjoy picking my nose while you jerk your car off.

Pretty much

Plenty of Americans drive stick. Though you have to be pretty fucking insecure to think it measures a person's worth or driving skills. Overall driving ability matters far more.

What's the fucking point of stick shift anyways? Only a retard still drives manual

I have an automatic chrysler 200, and a manual 1993 miata. we do both.

My last car was a 1994 jeep wrangler YJ that I personally converted from automatic to manual.

so fuck off.

I think it was boomers who hated manual the most. I know tons of my millennial daughter peers who drive/want a stick car.

Sticks are for real men, automatic is for girls and cucks

>banking/card system from the 80's
>80+% not competent enough to drive a manual gearbox
>still has internet bandwidth limitations on non-mobile/household connections

Anything else?

Cuck

Gearboxes are being phased out here and you guys are still on stick? Do you wipe your ass with straw too?

>What the fuck burgers? What the hell kind of country are you?
pic related

Real men have a nigger to drive them around.

Somewhat true. The smart 10% of Americans who drive stick are far less likely to have their car stolen because thieves are lazy automatic fags. The rare Nicholas Cage professional car thief excluded.

Driving a manual makes you way more engaged and attentive.

But burgers don't really have these driving schools like in Europe because everybody NEEDS a car to survive. It's natural that they prefer automatic.

Do they even still have sticks shifts? Modern manuals dont even have a clutch, they shift with a little peddle behind the steering wheel, and modern autos are more efficient than manuals as well. Driving stick is like listening to vinyl. Sure you can do it, but why?

I think you should go to your nearest walmart.Go to their men's restroom (assuming your gender). Look promptly at the Urinal. See that round mint floating there in what looks like residue piss? Go ahead and grab that and place it directly under your tongue. Its the latest progressive trend and everyone is doing it! The real high doesn't kick in until you go look in the mirror. Go ahead take a nice long look. After you have fulfilled your homosexual desires fucking bash your god damn head into the sink repeatedly until the mint under your tongue begins to taste like a black-cock foreskin.

Learning to drive manual/stick shift makes sense, but willingly choosing to drive one beyond that makes no sense at all.

I love letting people drive my shitty car thats a stick because reverse is right next to first gear it adds a bit of excitement are we goi g to take off foward or backwards

Computer controlled modern automatics shift quicker, smoother, and more efficiently than any human. Hell, the newest Honda NSX basically has computer controlled steering and brakes, the driver controls are not physically connected to the mechanics

Americans are a lazy people, it's no surprise they hate driving manual

If you find driving a manual hard then you're not a white man

>things that never happen

All you guys have is cheap garbage cars and your manufacturers are too cheap to put anything other than manual. That's the actual reason you drive stick.

ONE HAND FOR WHEEL

ONE HAND FOR BURGER

And a nice collection of salt around the shifter boot from fries

your car manages your fuel better on automatic than you ever could on manual retard

It really did it was an ilder beat up bmw

>using manual
Why? Why would you not use the better option? And then you're proud of taking the worse choice?

Still confused by these meme

My first vehicle was a manual Chevy s10

So glad that part of my life is over with. Only automatics since

Just hipsters, the same type who take pride in using a typewriter or a rotary phone

first car was a manual toyota corolla, i love stick shift

t. millenial

>translation: I'm too retarded to handle gears

>having a manual transmission in a truck or economy car

Only time you need a manual transmission is if it's in a sports car, or an old shitbox.

burgerlander here. yeah, the youngsters aren't learning to drive stick, but to be fair most cars and trucks are automatics anyway.

There is no reverse lockout?

no, America has a car culture that rivals our gun culture, most people CAN drive stick they just dont

Hello fellow JeepFag

>Modern manuals dont even have a clutch

That's called DCT w/ flappy paddles. It's not manual if the car is operating the clutch for you.

>manual transmission is if it's in a sports car

You need to stop talking about things you know nothing about.

Sports cars have automatic transmissions. The drivers use sequential gear changes.

TFW your argument no longer has any real benefits due to automatic transmissions being more fuel efficient.

Hurr durrr stick shift.. if you live in the UK and you still drive a manual when everywhere is stop go traffic you're frankly crazy.

>most people CAN drive stick
>lying on the internet

Americans who can drive stick are either car enthusiasts, motorcyclists or truck drivers.

The driving test in the USA is disturbingly easy to pass.

Yeah, most burgers can't be bothered. I know how but they don't offer it on full size pickup trucks anymore.

If you're driving in heavy traffic, a stick shift will become quite tedious after a while, especially if you do it properly to avoid burning out your throw-out bearing.

It's actually less hard on the car to have an torque converter and an auto instead, as long you keep up on the maintenance.

And the number of people who know how keeps shrinking as parents get lazier and dads disappear from the picture as the state takes over with the welfare. Except mommy never knew how to drive stick, doesn't want to and is way too lazy to teach anyone else even if she knew.

I spoke to a trucker recently that said he and his fellow drivers were concerned over a move away from manual transmissions.

There are situations where they like to start with lower torque (2nd gear), though I reckon traction control could make this unnecessary. Then again, many cars have the ability to disable traction control to give you more options in snowy conditions. So maybe their complaint is valid.

>British
>desire automatic
>lower MPG
>while paying £1.20 a litre

You sure m8?

fucking stupid niggers posting shit so off topic on Sup Forums need to be hit with a fucking hammer

Ah, the words of someone who got manual driving lessons and found it too hard so switched to auto.

Friendly reminder that if you're European and can't drive manual you're either a fag or female.

false, automatic transmissions are more fuel efficient now.

why would you make it arbitrarily difficult to pass?
just dont bit cunts , stay in lines , manage your speed and follow like 6 rules and you are good to go

Sorry, i should have clarified, I meant a pick up truck, not a semi truck.

I know a lot of sports car are going away from manual transmissions, but some still do come with the option for a stickshift instead of CVT.

Don't automatics have an override to 1st or 2nd?

What? Automatics are more efficient.

nah these dumb cunts can clearly out perform the on board computer that has access to car diagnostic information with their may may manuals

Only newer cars.

If you are buying a new car there is literally no reason to buy a manual transmission unless you want to pretend to be vin diesel

hence the "now"

In my experience (as British born but have lived in the US and Canada) it seems middle age/older americans (and Canadians) can drive manual because it used to be more common.

The young seem incapable of understanding what a clutch pedal is let alone being able to operate it.

The exception is the car community equivalent of neckbeards who say "i drive stick!" like it makes them cool or something.

>mfw I tried to teach my Canadian wife how to drive manual

Only newer ones. Also all are cars have shitty < 2l engines. Have you tried driving a 1.4l auto. Fucking horrible.

Good point. My wife's [son's] car does.

I don't know specifics of new transmissions for large trailer trucks, though.

>filling your wifes head with useless shit

Fucking idiot. So when self driving cars come along you're gonna still bitch about stick shifts. Get with the times loser. There's different kinds of cars. Deal with it.

>i can't actually drive/10

It's because driving manual actually requires some semblance of understanding how a car works and the concept or torque.

People used to understand how shit worked and fixed it themselves, so driving manual was easier for them.

Millennials are too lazy and degenerate to wrap their heads around such things so drive auto go-karts without giving a second thought to what's happening in the engine.

Is this fucking "lol stickshifts lmao" facebook meme seriously the new bait now?

>sports car are going away from manual transmissions

Sort of. They're going to DCTs, google it if you're not familiar with how they work. They're a weird hybrid between manual and auto. Supposedly they shift faster than manuals do and if you're racing that 1/4 of a second could matter or at least the perception is that it matters.

You'll never see a self-respecting enthusiast ever endorse a CVT though. If you want to start a food fight on /o/, that's a good topic to get them riled up over, performance CVTs. Go ask them and watch the fireworks.

yea I promptly gave up.

Luckily however my next car will be a manual because I've had enough of automatic nonsense.

Wasting more money on gasoline.

I drive stick but i will say automatic is nice if you're stuck in traffic.

Automatics in large trucks do have overrides. Essentially it's just like driving an automatic with flappy paddles. They've gone this way so that Pajeet can drive big rigs for lower wages

that's funny, I do construction work, and a lot of the old trucks I have to drive are manual, and we are upgrading to automatic because of the cost savings...

>have a manual/auto drivers license
>only drive my auto jap car around
people who don't race or drift only drive manual so they can brag about it. with auto I can eat maccas and do other stuff while driving with my right hand checkmate

I thought aussies were car enthusiasts. Perhaps I was wrong.

You are as bad as the Burgers, learn to drive. Driving a shitty Hyundai auto in Australia was one of my worst driving experiences.

I used to drive stick, but now that my commute is 2 or more hours each way to and from work through heavy gridlock, I prefer the comfort a transmission offers. It also makes it easier to eat things like ice cream and soup while driving.