Texans, do you consider yourself Southern?

Texans, do you consider yourself Southern?

What's your opinion on the Confederate (battle) flag as a symbol?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gvlwb5JrmIM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I consider myself Texan

My opinion is fuck the fuckin spics and fuck the fuckin yankees

I consider mysel-

...this.

Texas best state, fuck California fuck Florida, fuck jew York, fuck everything else. That said fuck houston and fuck Austin they need to leave.

Spics . Lol , Boy if you don't get your dumbass out of here , I'm Texan and so is my whole goddamn family , we're just brown and don't burn in the hot Texas sun.

>That said fuck houston and fuck Austin they need to leave.
Trust in Governor Hotwheels.

tejanos are good people and fuck any yankee who disagrees.

"the South" is a bunch of damn Yankee idiots arguing over a flag. Texas is the true South. Everything else is North from here.

Texas is one of the last states where individualism and separation of government are still alive and well. We are also king of all burgers.

I have been told Texas has amazing gun laws, whats your outlook towards Indians

As long as you poo in loo you're cool.

I'm Texan. I don't identify with dixie land.

i just want us to secede and become libertarian.

>Texas is the true South. Everything else is North from here.

Georgian in Texas here, Texas is definitely not the most Southern state culturally. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing.

This

Texan

I enjoyed Dukes of Hazard, mainly Daisy

fpbp

Texan first
American second

>do Texans consider themselves southern

Yes, faggot. We gave a way part of our state to Oklahomo so we could keep slaves and battle the filthy Yanks in the War of Northern Aggression.

What this user said I am a Texan before I am anything else.

It's not really our flag (due to being so far from the war) but we are southern with a lot of Mexican and Spanish influence, which isn't a bad thing, food and architecture wise. The people are often shit. Some are ok, but not as ok and in worse proportions than whites.

I'm Texan. I don't give a Good God damn one way or the other about that flag aside from thinking people oughta have the right to fly it if they want to.

youtube.com/watch?v=gvlwb5JrmIM

As long as you're not an H1-B faggot you're okay. Texas is pretty tolerant of people as long as they're, well, Texan. Except niggers because they came from Katrina and ruined everything.

This. Tejanos who don't just respect, but are a part of the culture are good. Chicanos will be sent to California, who will die, and we can then easier deport or kill any survivors and turn Cali into a human habitat again. Goddamn I hate mexicans

But are you Texan and then Southern? Texan, American, Southern? Not Southern at all?

>It's not really our flag (due to being so far from the war)

B-but when we went to the Gettysburg battle site on a trip as kids there was a memorial to the Confederate Texan troops. ;_;

This. Overall we are friendly to those who don't fuck with us. We let you live in peace as long as you don't try upsetting the balance of things. Texans historically hate authority due to it constantly letting us down. We are like nicer Australians with less bantz and more guns

I personally don't know shit about other Southern States and I don't think they share with Texas as they did in the past. I go from Texan -> American and that's about it. Might be because I'm Hispanic though. We do have a massive nigger and spic problem. My hometown, Brownsville, is infested with illegals.

Texan here.
TEXAS born and raised.
Keep our state name out of your mouth.

We gave horses and meat, and kept the Mississippi clear as we could, but we had literally zero industry. Low manpower too.
Texan, southern, American in that order. Even the Mexicans pretend to be southern here when they aren't being spics

stop copying our flag

is this the salt lick?

Texas is NOT the south.
Texas is Texas.
Don't ever make that mistake again.

/thread

BINGO

great now i'm hungry

>My hometown, Brownsville, is infested with illegals.

From what I understand Brownsville is on the southern tip and is more of a "southwestern" place than East Texas. I would imagine if you were from Houston you would consider yourself much more Southern.

Can confirm. Brownsville is... well... brown.
So is Victoria, TX.

Christian first, then Texan, then American

>from what I understand...
>clearly not from Texas

You clearly have autism if you think this.

Brownsville is like Mexico if it took over an American city. It's not good.

Sup Forums meetup for some Q aylmaooooo

I'm a Dallas native. I think Dallas is too damn full of fucking Yankee transplants and wanna be southern white collars who come hear to get shit on by the major corporations bc REEEEE I work for Chase bank and make 30k REEEEE

>be a Texan

*circle jerking*
>we're the best state
>we're the best...
>oh oh ooooooh Texxxaaassssss

*cumming all over the Texas flag*

Fort Worth here. I love the way the Kimball art museum looks like barns, when the stockyards are close by. Good for culture. I don't know much about Dallas besides that Amon Carter hated it. I used to go on the train there with my grandfather

texassaladbar.jpg

I have spent a cumulative several years in Texas and my girlfriend is from Texas, but I am not Texan myself.

isn't Texas between the south and the west.

> live in fly over state
> be jealous of Texas superiority

Who /harris county/ here

Yes I'm southern but I wouldn't lump myself in with people from Georgia or Alabama. Still we are distinctly different than the midwest and obviously different than Northern shitholes like New York.

I deal with a lot of texans due to my work. I find it hilarious how easily triggered they are. You guys are way more annoying than people from california.

>MUHHHHHHHHHHH TEXAN PRIDE

For the rest of the world, Texans are like those really strong retarded kids, we just use these dipshits for our advantage and make them feel special.

>checked

Brownsville is Mexico if Mexico was a state in the US. East Texas is the Savannah, GA of Texas.

I met a number of Texans in Hungary and I developed a liking for them. Honest, straightforward, polite and conservative folk with whom you can have decent conversations.

They seemed different to most Americans though (most of whom are also agreeable people), the average Texan is a bit more "withdrawn" compared to other Americans.

it's hilarious how they are the crossfitters of the southern states

harris county a shit. full of nigs and spics

You just described these homos perfectly. From the amount of bitching they do about other states, you would think they are onto something. After meeting people from the states they bitch about, I can confirm that Texans are in fact the retards.

817 here, I've lived in quite a few other states, Arkansas, Nevada, and Arizona namely but I was born and raised in Texas and I am glad to be back.

>t. FW master race

This

I know

They never shut the fuck up about being from Texas. They are very similar to vegans, people who do crossfit, and homosexuals. After actually visiting Texas I couldn't believe that they are proud to be from there. Sure the place has a good economy but it is absolute shit tier in everything else. Fat, ignorant, full of spics, and Houston & Dallas need to be firebombed into glass.

Texas is like the America of America. That's mostly a good thing

I just moved to brownsville to live with my girlfriend. It's not that bad down here

2017 still hasnt legalized marijuana
all the money can go towards colleges and schools with the taxes
greg abott is a fuckboi
other than that i fucking love texas
only takes 3 to 4 hours to get to next city

One time my dad went to Canada and border patrol asked him what country hes from... he said Texas. Had a gun on em too.

Travis county masterrace

aside from the libshits

You seem to mixing the word superiority with retardation.

They are the SJWs / liberals of southerners.

/972/ here. Pretty nice, although it feels like we're being invaded by pajeets moreso than spics up here. Not that there aren't a fuckton of spics as well.

Pajeets and Spics are nothing compared to blacks, trust me.

I'm saying that as somebody from a nigger-belt state/area now living in Austin (yeah yeah muh Austin whatever I like it. It's not like the shitlibs here can stop me from owning a gun, it's still Texas).

New Yorker here, what's going on in this thr-

Dallas native here and i fucking hate driving to Ft Worth. The good thing is DFW seems to have their shit together on DART expansion. A new rail line is being built from Downtown Ft Worth to DFW Airport and there are plans to build a line from Plano to DFW Airport as well as a subway line in downtown dallas

Lived in 956 but in 832 right now. Remove nigs and spics.

t. butthurt California fag

is Maryland southern

As long as you clean the poo out of your guns you should be good to go.

It has southern parts and northern parts (the northern parts are the vast majority of the population)

I really don't think 'southern' when I think of Texas (like Alabama for example). I think more 'western' if that makes sense.

From Harris, went north to Walker.
It's nice up here.

Houston and Dallas are southern. San Antonio, Austin and El Paso are south western. Amarillo is great plains. Laredo and Brownsville are like Mexico.

That's because you're thinking of like, west texas prairies rather than population centers.

Visit Houston and tell me with a straight face it isn't Southern.

East Texas is southern. Go to East Texas and you feel like your in missisippi

It sucks gop chairman Robert morrow was fired
That guy was great

I wanted to get into electoral politics here but there's no hope in local politics as a republican in Travis County.

Absolutely the O'doyles of our country

Houston is the armpit of Texas. That shithole needs to be nuked

Large Texan cities are kinda shitty in general.

Austin is alright but it got memed too hard by Californian expats.

I love Austin. Despite all the commie-libs that have taken it over, There is a lot to do and see there. Houston has no reedeeming qualities. At least we have the Cowboys, JFK, and the stockyards up here.

Who /corpus/ here? Fuck this place, the water sanitation people are dirty wetbacks poisoning the water every chance they get.

>corpus
fuck this place

this

State Pride

Also sucks that they moved the corporate location of whataburger from corpus to SA. I bet it drove even more people out of this shithole.

>Houston has no reedeeming qualities
>I love Austin though even if it's a commie city!

fuck off Dallas fag. I swear you guys are getting as bad as Austin

The old south ends at Louisiana. We are Texas. We are our own entity and we learn about Texas history.

Culturally we share about as much with the old south as we do with Mexico.

Texas is not really the South, or the Southwest, or anything else. It's just Texas.

Yet East Texas is 10x more similar to Alabama or Georgia or Louisiana than to New York.

Texas is a blend of southern western, the farther east you go, the more southern it becomes. The farther west you go, the more western.

I understand that, that is what makes saying Louisiana is The South and then you cross the border and it's Not South is just asinine.

No. East of I-35 is definitley more southern though which is why I try to never go there.

your town smells worse than mine and mine has literal tons of immigrant bones in mass graves at the cemetary

I can't wait to graduate and get out of here, holy shit.