Redpill me on meditation, is it a meme? Does it actually help reduce reliance on stimulation...

Redpill me on meditation, is it a meme? Does it actually help reduce reliance on stimulation? What's the best way to start?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fs3ABTNlB54&index=3&list=PLg_sBcVQGk35pakB0g0_yqDn-dbXXJEG8
dhamma.org
youtube.com/watch?v=FcqVlrtkyxs
joecartoon.com/games/play/72/Gerbil_Mantras
youtube.com/watch?v=EHBYyTApWy8
youtube.com/watch?v=gfRzUI8hkwo
youtube.com/watch?v=k6NbqjRZr0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=k2NAohPcT4U).
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Research_on_meditation
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hesychasm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Start with deep breathing, look up Wim Hoff if you want to see what the powers of the mind can accomplish.

you should look up gopi krishna and read about what happened to him. meditation led him into seventeen years of severe emotional distress, which he eventually got out of. he has an excellent book you can read for free in pdf.

it helps by balancing sensory faculties primarily, its not some super spiritual/guru shit.

tv/internet/vidya hyper-intensifies the visual faculty while the others lay mostly dormant. the isolation and intensification of a single sensory faculty is the formula for hypnosis, which might explain why people can engage in visual media for so long in complete physical idleness without going crazy.

the sum of our sensory activities is what we consider consciousness, and the differences in sensory ratios will in fact be differences in our perception of reality.

so the idea of meditation is to rebalance the senses, by providing a slight pleasure to each of them without overwhelming them for an extended period of time.

for example, the sound of a creek (not too loud), a mood light, a candle or incense, a slightly favored drink, well hydrated mouth, not hungry or full, comfortable clothes/temperature, maybe a slight breeze,

by this or something similar, the senses are recalibrated into a well rounded ratio, and i must admit i feel wonderful afterwards. but like i said its not some deeply spiritual powers of the mind nonsense. its simply a tune up for the senses (conscious)

That's probably not something to worry about if I'm only considering doing 10 minutes a day though, right?

that sort of depends on you. sometimes it happens spontaneously to people. there are a lot of misconceptions about meditation. it can be pretty dangerous. for the majority of people who stumble upon the right way to do it it does not provide any immediate relief. it tends to stir up hidden things in people, and eventually completely reorders the nervous system. in old days it would not even be taught until an initiate had achieved a certain level of discipline in daily life.

i would say embark upon this path if you are prepared to give up your life as you know it.

>the sum of our sensory activities is what we consider consciousness, and the differences in sensory ratios will in fact be differences in our perception of reality.

that is not so. you can completely withdraw from sensory activity and still have awareness. it is the awareness itself, without anything else, that is consciousness. you should read the yoga sutra by pantanjali, it's the best thing ever written on the subject.

I've been doing it every morning after my coffee since last summer and it really helps take an edge off, sharpens focus and settles the mind.
I usually listen to this type of shit with headphones on medium volume: youtube.com/watch?v=fs3ABTNlB54&index=3&list=PLg_sBcVQGk35pakB0g0_yqDn-dbXXJEG8
I know the chakra meme is liberal new age bs but Tesla was onto something with the power of frequencies.

Thanks for the heads up user, do you suggest any alternatives to add to my daily routine? Cleaning my life up.

It's not a meme. Lots of ways to start. I recommend this guy:
dhamma.org

>redpill
Meditation isn't necessarily bad, but trascendental meditation specifically is actually demonic in nature.

>Meditation clip
youtube.com/watch?v=FcqVlrtkyxs

The Power of Now by Eckhardt Tolle. This is the place to begin. It will help your mind. Then check out Wim Hoff's meditation for your body.

what I would recommend is reading patanjali's yoga sutra, and just doing the first parts of it. the first parts deal with preparation for learning to meditate, it's just practical steps to develop discipline in your life. the yoga sutra is available in pdf for free also.

lots of people have found themselves in serious trouble from experimenting with meditation. there aren't any real teachers around these days, not teachers who have followed a set tradition and know all the pitfalls. for instance, the Transcendental Meditation Movement was popular for many years, and you can read glowing things about it. What they don't talk about are the large numbers of suicides, hospitalizations and even homicides. the man who was touted as a leader in that movement, Dr. Robert Keith Wallace, had a wife who after several years of meditation and sidha practice took a shotgun to her morning meditation and killed another lady who she said was stealing her energy. there are many such stories. you can find them if you look around on the web. you can also find hundreds of charlatans offering to teach you this or that technique, some of them will have some affect, but if you get into trouble don't expect anyone to be able to help you.

All of Tolle's stuff is better in audio book form.

I also recommend Eckhart Tolle.

And I'll say, it's necessary to get past the veneer of bluepilledness and femininity that attaches to some of this stuff. It really is just a veneer. Women like the idea of "peace" with a cup of herbal tea. But there's nothing soft or easy about real spiritual progress via meditation.

TM is just like all the other methods. it just uses a mantra, which happens to be one of the names for the goddess Saraswati. When you practice TM, or any other form of meditation, you are essentially inviting an energy to become part of your consciousness. There are Christian forms of meditation just as effective as any of the more eastern forms.

Make up your bed

It is a pain in the arse...but it's magic

that is basically what the first few steps of the "eightfold path of yoga" is about. steady routines. good diet, exercise, useful activity, cleanliness in body, mind, and spirit. if you can't achieve balance in your daily life meditating won't help, you will just find more imbalance.

I recently started transcendental meditation and it's pretty cool. It's relaxing and there's a point that I feel like my mind is just free.

Meditation have some "levels", to simply put.
When you see meditation in scientific fields, they mostly talk about meditation on a basic level, that is the one you seek, to get higher attention, and stuff like that.
When people tell about people who undergo heavy trauma, feel depressed, anxious after it, and things like that, they underwent another level, think about it this way, you are conditioned by your genes, social environment and experiences, some experiences leave some really nasty scars, so that the only way you can deal with the trauma, is to hide it.
This is the hardest level for hardcore meditators, at the basic level, you just dissolve bad habits, at the more advanced, you dissolve your own ego barriers, thats where people get stuck, so most people, need to really either give up after this, or cross the dark bridge, which is, to meditate on a even harder level, to not only dissolve the stuff that hides your traumas, but your traumas as well.
Either, do it lightly or really delve into it. No middle ground.

How do you feel about worshipping Saraswati? Because that is what TM is. Have you read Beacon Light of the Himalayas? In it Maharishi tells the truth about what TM is. How do you feel about gods and goddesses possessing your body and feeding on the soma produced in your stomach? I hate to tell you this, but everything your TM initiator told you about TM is either an outright lie or a half truth.

I learned it in 1977, and the sidhis a few years later. I have seen so many wrecked lives from this. Be careful, user.

Sit down, listen to your breath and the sensation around your nostrils. When your mind wanders (it will do this a million times), discard the thought and bring your attention back to the breath without judgment. Repeat.

Also, don't fall for the "peaceful state" image people give you, meditating right for like ten minutes may relax you, but i've delved into meditative states after some practice, that literally leaved me shaking and crying, of course, it made me a better person after, but no one likes facing his own errors and fears.

Don't do it. It'll fuck your shit up.

Why dont you just get drunk and pass out every night like a normal person?.

Fuck, I tried this shit some time ago and have had some issues. Any advice?

>but no one likes facing his own errors and fears.

amen to that. there was a reason such things used to be taught only to people who gave up the world and lived in secluded places or monasteries. if you get into one of those excited states the last thing you need is the rushing input of sensory information modern life surrounds us with.

If you have problems from it, just stop doing it. Be sure to eat well, drink water, and get some exercise. This really is a journey you can only take alone these days, there just aren't any real experts commonly accessible who will spend time with you to help you out when things get really bad. If I could do it over, I would not fool with it at all. It was presented to me as a safe, simple method for relieving stress when I was a teenager. It's anything but that. It's a serious pursuit that will completely change the way you see yourself and the world, and not always in good ways, in fact, more often than not in bad ways.

Yep. This is why Evola and Guenon, two of the last Great Masters IMO, specifically warned against the average person attempting certain practices, which were guarded as secrets until relatively recently. Soccer moms and 9-5 sports fan should not be delving into tantra or kundalini, for example. Regarding kundalini, the Internet is actually full of horror stories of people who became too advanced at it without the necessary first conditions in place. Kyle Odom is one such example. Psychosis is a pretty common outcome.

Meditation is legit without all the spiritual bullshit. Same goes for "The Secret" regarding visualization of wants and goals but I digress.

Could not stomach Tolle, too repetitive. Calmness and clear mind are one of the great benefits afterwards. Similar effect as valium when it comes to worries. Haven't kept it up thought which is the hardest part but whenever I do pick it up again it is easier to get back into than at the start.

I wanna go meditate in the woods but Im scared someone will see me leave the house and do a b&e

Yeah, it's caused me a good deal of pain, but I've made life tolerable by eating healthy and keeping a strict schedule.
It really encourages me to know that others have gone through this. Your story seems similar to mine, would you tell me more of your own experiences? How is your life now?

I once went to the deepest deep. after an all nighter on lsd. I just sat in bed and pondered about my own consciousness. I was sucked down by a recursive thought pattern brought on by the lsd. At the end of it i was crying. I realised that at a core fundamental level i am a good person and that essentially we are defined by our successes and given character by our own flaws. They give us depth, personality and make us unique. Essentially once you recognize your own flaws its important to recognise where they come from and how they have shaped you as a person.

Ego is the biggest barrier to critical thought.

Psychosis is a pretty sure bet for most modern people just jumping into this.

Best meditative mantras I know of....

joecartoon.com/games/play/72/Gerbil_Mantras

The New Age movement is just watered down Hinduism.

Hinduism is literal demon worship.

youtube.com/watch?v=EHBYyTApWy8

Jesus is the only thing that kept me from breaking through when I was trying to astral-project.

The rabbit hole is deep.

youtube.com/watch?v=gfRzUI8hkwo

Now I spend most of my time just resting. It has been a really horrible thing for me, but I have survived to this point. After many years of not being able to sleep properly I am at last able to sleep deeply for short periods, but getting over it has been painfully slow. I do feel a certain sense of peace, but the cost has been very heavy...all my friends, my past career, all my possessions. I avoid most all forms of stimulation, I am hypersensitive to the presence of other people and avoid them as much as possible.

Fug, I'm christian who has done this stiff. Am I fucked?
I'm sorry to hear that, man. Could you tell me about the rest of your symtpoms?

I traveled across the galaxy and spoke with extraterrestrials when I was on salvia once if that helps.

>the sidhis a few years later

What sidhis did you gain?

Indeed. For every Rudolf Steiner that becomes involved in this type of thing, there are a hundred madmen. Even Steiner himself was diagnosed as a schizophrenic (though he ignored this diagnosis). It really is very dangerous stuff at certain levels, and most don't realize the danger until they've already waded in too deeply. A big problem is false teachers - the kind you find on Reddit subs who took a thirty hour course and received some certification. They pretend that esoteric practices are for everyone, when they're not and never have been.

>literal demon worship.

Demon, Angel, God, Devil... All just labels to these things. One man's God is the another man's demon.

Would me calling Yahweh a demon really be that misplaced? His mythology contains plenty to support it.

Any advice on not going mad now that I've already done some of this stuff?

What do you guys mean by more advanced stages causing psychosis? Can you describe it?

Can I be honest? I didn't pay shit for TM or read any books. I picked a mantra online and repeated it. It worked for me. I guess i can't really call it TM, though

Hahaha you know nothing nigger

Well, currently I don't experience hunger or satisfaction as I did in the far past. I eat food because I know I have to eat, but my senses are so hyper nearly every thing tastes bad. I am also hypersensitive to the things I eat, as in uncomfortable bodily sensations arising from several types of food. My current state is the outcome of an outpouring of kundalini in the last few months of 2915. I don't really have the energy or desire to do much of anything at all. I am pretty much screwed, I know better than to seek help from doctors, every attempt at that has made it much worse. I seem to be stuck in a sort of life review, of the sort you hear about people having just before death. One of the more alarming things I uncovered was a deep, empty hole inside myself that while empty seems to also contain every form of grief, shame, and regret one can imagine. I am in such a strange state, I don't even want to have a name, or any connection to any part of my former life.

i torrented Headspace, and am going through the guided meditations now

You essentially remove or dissect your own ego often enough that you lose your own sense of your own distinct sense of self. leading to schizophrenia, psychosis ect

its just relaxing dude

I'm sorry to hear about that. Now that I've stopped meditating, do you think things will stay as they are for me? Or am I fucked?

that image is false

>You essentially remove or dissect your own ego often enough that you lose your own sense of your own distinct sense of self. leading to schizophrenia, psychosis ect
Can you give a deeper explanation?

Its important to ground yourself when ever doing deep meditation. This includes mentally grounding yourself and physically grounding yourself. Albeit listening to music or having a cool breeze blow over you outside.

Also, have you looked into qigong? The chinese have their own methods for these things and they're much more practical and grounded.

And how do you live? Do you work some job?

I've heard it described like this : the are states of being which can be achieved through yoga, meditation, tantric practices, and more which in older times allowed the initiate access to the superconscious or spiritual dimension. This occurred in initiatic circles under very specific conditions and under the tutelage of teachers who had dedicated their lives to the subject. Without the support of an initiatic chain, you run the risk of accessing the subconscious rather than the superconscious dimension. A great risk involved here is that you "tear down" the "wall" which divides your conscious being from the subconscious, opening the door to all sorts of subtle influences and suggestions, many of a nefarious nature. This risk was always there, but given the conditions of our modern societies, the risk has increased hugely. I hope that's clear - when you talk about things like this you have to use analogy by necessity.

The best advice I can give is to stop. If that's not an option, commit yourself fully.

Did you need to be vegetarian to experience a kundalini awakening?

I've heard it claimed that not eating meat is a necessity.

I feel as if I'm getting beyond the surface level of my practice now (Taoist Yoga) and can feel energy building in various chakras. I still eat meat though, and don't plan on ever going full vegetarian.

Uh oh you said the magic word. Hinduism redpill incoming...

>The Truth About Hinduism - Full Documentary (Hinduism EXPOSED!)
youtube.com/watch?v=k6NbqjRZr0Q

Imagine this, you are the king of the castle, long time ago, you enprisioned some dangerous beasts (past traumas and repressed stuff), they do make some noise sometime, that may be a little troublesome to listen to from the castle, but its better than letting then free.
Now, to meditate, is on the most advanced level, to open the cages, and slay the demons that bother you with their noise, you see the problem? Most people aren't ready to face their problems, so instead, when they accidentaly open the cages without noticing, they don't slay then and find peace, they liberate their own monsters on their own castle, and have to deal with overwhelming problems coming all at once.

I have stopped. Anything else? I am a catholic, if that helps. Could the church be of use here?

>What sidhis did you gain?

I know all the TM sidhis, but in truth the sidhis are innumerable. I don't practice them now, they are pretty powerful in their effects. But a sidhi is just inquiry into any object, the art of it is inquiring into whatever object you wish to know about with such undivided focus that the barrier between you and the object dissolves, and you directly cognize the object. When I first learned about them I wanted to do them for the supposed powers, now just thinking of them causes me a certain amount of dread. The TM movement, and some others, promote the sidhis through glamorizing the powers aspect of them. and Patanjali specifically warns about this approach to them, and calls this dangerous, which it is.

im not to sure. im not an expert. ive just been tossed into a washing machine. googled it and realised i had what would be described as a kalundi awakening.

Well i guess at some point you enter a regressive recurring thought pattern and sink down into the abyss.

during deep meditation you sometimes you don't get the answers you want and its best leaving it at that

luckily for myself i'm a pretty grounded person in nature.

Commanding to abstain from meats is a demonic teaching.

things will slowly get better for you. just do normal things. engage in the activity of your life, even if you were suddenly enlightened you would still have to do that. so just engage in your life, enjoy what you can.

I know it's not exactly high level shit, but has anyone done dream yoga?

I'm not interested in any more techniques, but thanks for your concern. I am sixty now, and on permanent disability. Thank god for that.

lol. dude. this guy your talking to is mentally ill. don't internalize his spiritual struggle or feel fear. if you're mentally ill, meditation can trigger it. so stay away if you have things like schizophrenia in your family (unless you find it helps). disillusionment can also be very jarring and fuck with peoples western world view.

Thank you for that. It resonates well with thoughts I had at the very first stages of my journey.

If it causes you too much distress please ignore this question but otherwise Would you mind elaborating on some specific effect you manifested?

As another user suggested, look into QiGong. If you haven't heard of the microcosmic orbit, you should attempt to open it. I think may help.

Mantak Chia's book can be found online, "Awakening the healing light of the Tao". He says the microcosmic orbit has balanced out people who have had kundalinia problems because kundalina builds upwards where as the orbit moves in a cycle and balances thorughout your body.

>Redpill me on meditation
I tried it and now I'm a fucking wizard

I do have some mental illness in my family, though. If I ended up like him I'd just kill myself, so I need some advice. There's so much to love about life, I don't wish to lose it.

>Could the church be of use here?

The church can't help you, they have their own forms of meditation and occult practices.

Sooo what the fuck do you people mean when you talk about inner demons? I wasn't raped as a kid or anything. I can't really think of anything traumatizing.

meditation will open up your pineal gland (third eye), at which point you can begin to have telepathic communication with other entities which have already learned to use it (read: multi-dimentional aliens). some people get doomsday prophecies after meditating for a while. this is because of the evil aliens (reptilians who control our elite, the ones behind the abductions and pedo rings and the elite's power) are trying to scare you away from this enlightenment. they cannot control us when we are awake, and this scares them. ...yeah, i know this sounds crazy and whatnot, but it's legit. you can read more into this through several sources, most notably with the Law of One (lawofone.info), and read/hear more about the reptilians themselves through David Wilcock and Corey Good (among others), and to an extent, Alex Jones (when he talks about interdimentional vampires controlling the elite, he's really talking about the reptilians, though I'm not sure he even realizes it yet. Anyway, it's some pretty heavy shit, and if you really want the truth, it's there, it just takes time to sift through it and let it sink in (knowledge of the Law of One corresponds to current world events and explains all past events perfectly. it explains the meaning of life perfectly, and in a perfectly logical way). anyway, there you go. I'll see you on the other side whenever that is bro.

Apologies for the typos.

Doesn't have to be traumatizing, inner demons can be things like dissatisfaction with yourself, resentment, bad habits etc.

I started meditating last year. Stirred up some really dark shit regarding death. I was catatonic for about 2 weeks. Didn't help That I have OCD.

how to close third eye?

Maybe, I'm not really sure.

As said, it's true that the Orthodox tradition at least (I don't know about protestant and catholic, unfortunately) contains a practice called the Hesychasm, which involves meditation and the recitation of a Christian mantra.

Alright, I'm the resident Daoist. I pursue esoteric shit. I work so I can learn from people like this (youtube.com/watch?v=k2NAohPcT4U). Eventually I want to teach it (if I can prove it). I feel this is the redpill on meditation.

Since everyone will dismiss that, let's talk studies. There is so much fucking science that says if you sit for 5, 15, 30 minutes a day, don't fall asleep, and just let your mind go, you'll see improvements. If you do mindfulness meditation, you'll see improvements. Like holy shit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Research_on_meditation

Might be one of the best things you can do for yourself.

>Mantak Chia
Someone mentioned this guy. He does weird sexual stuff. It's not true Daoism even though it's sold as such. If you want to jerk off and jam your fingers into your perineum, buy his books. If you want simple meditation, just google mindfulness. If you want basic esoteric meditation, google dan tien breathing.

can you charm us all into good health and gfs????

Whenever there's a meditation thread people are always fucking reincarnating, astral projecting and taking LSD while also getting possessed by demons.

What the fuck is going on with these people?

I sit and follow my breath while keeping my back straight, but relaxed. A comfortable,but firm position. When my attention shifts to something else, I bring it back to the breath. This gives me a GOOD and RELAXED feeling when I manage to do it properly.Doing it "wrong" just means my mind wanders and I forget to follow the breath. None of this fucking nightmare fuel.

So anyone wondering about trying out meditation, should google (or better yet read a book) something simple, instead of fucking demon summoning shit.

Any way to contact a daoist about meditation gonge wrong?

don't meditate. keep consuming fluoride. fluoride calcifies the penial gland, which is the real reason why the elites want to shove it down our throats. they understand the power of the co-creative consciousness, which is literally the power of kek. that's right, kek is our consciousness working together. the more focused we all are on a particular train of thought, it will happen. which explains all the happenings. higher-dimensional beings are really adept at using this power, but we suck at it, hence the need for a shit load of us to enact change.

stay away from TM.

if you do decide to meditate, do simple breath meditation, using an app like "headspace" for a secular, non woo, introduction into the TECHNIQUE of meditation.

can read "The Science of Enlightenment: How Meditation Works", "The Mind Illuminated: A Complete Meditation Guide"

then there are the classics like "Mindfulness in Plain English"

it's like a mental gym, that's all.

TM peeps attach all sorts of spiritual woo to the terms, and seem to get caught up in all the lore. maybe even fuck up their neurology due to bad practice and too much woo forces

TM is not what most want if they are looking for the benefits of meditation, but it works for some.

>It's not true Daoism even though it's sold as such.

But traditional daoism does include sexual practices like semen retention/dry orgasm and more.

I try to do it occasionally based on bullet lists I've read and a few articles.

I like the fact that I read only western comments about it and don't take practice from anyone, rather discover how I can use it on my own.

I recommend reading into it very lightly and doing it on your own accord rather than according to a strict schedule or tenants of a 'teacher.' I find the core concepts of it work in calming you down and making you feel more in control.

hey has anyone else mixed meditation with mental anchoring?(like what athletes do to get them into "the zone")

ive kind of conditioned myself to draw beyond my own natural physical strength. with in a couple of seconds my blood gets heated, muscles are pumped and i'm ready to go.

Its like i draw on my primal fight or flight mode i get all physical symptoms but with calmness and clarity.

was wondering if this is advanced or just normal tier athletic mental conditioning?

New age bs

wtf guys, I've been meditating for a while now, its just a way to clear your head and not dwell on bad thought patterns. I've never even heard of all this inner demon awakening shit.

>It's not true Daoism

I don't think you have a thorough understanding of Daoism.

It's very broad with many different branches including sexual alchemy (as well as branches that promote abstinence).

What exactly is your primary focus? Internal alchemy (I'm guessing)? Any magical or devotional work? Any divinational work?

What do you know of the Christian forms? Where would one start to look? Thanks.

Watch the linked video and read Opening the Dragon Gate: Making of a Modern Taoist Wizard.

The guy in the linked video is referred to as John Chang. There are a few books by students of his. I have spoken with other students that confirm the electricity shit. He's a dead end though, he doesn't teach whitey.

The guy in Opening the Dragon Gate does teach. I've dedicated my life to this stuff. I make a lot of money in computer security and go to a retreat once a year to learn, then go home and practice. Worst case, I spend some money learning a meme, get strong / flexible legs. Best case, I get super powers.

Daoism is the most likely path to super powers. There's enough primary and secondary sources tout there that say its worth investigating.

Admittedly, there is also a lot of bullshit out there, partially developed systems, just energetic trash floating around.

One of the specific effects that cause me problems came about from doing samyama on Shakti. What happened was that a ball of energy began building in my pelvic region and over a period of a few weeks became ever stronger and began to rush upwards through me like a fountain of bliss. I would feel as if blissful energy, like an orgasm of the heart, was streaming through the core of my body and out of the top of my head.

There have been other things, little glimpses into what seems like the lives of other people in other times, where I would, in meditation, suddenly find myself looking at some ordinary scene from another time, a sort of silent witness of the daily life of people who were just going about their lives.

Once, in spontaneous samyama to Shakti, I found myself in the body of a woman in labor. I had sat down to meditate and as soon as I closed my eyes, I saw Shakti in all her beauty, as was lost in her I lost all though of myself...then instantly I was delivering a baby.

One other time, I sat down to meditate, as soon as I closed my eyes I felt perfect silence, I could feel the shape of the objects in the room around me. Then I was just in blackness, surrounded by thousands of little bubbles. Whenever I would put my attention on a particular bubble I would be inside that bubble, and each bubble was a little world very similar but not quite the same as the world I started out in when I sat down to mediate. After a little while of this I panicked and felt a rushing sensation and then found myself sitting back down in bed in my room, in what I hoped was the right bubble. It was kind of like I saw many different possibilities for my life.

lmao just smoke some weed bro. if indians had done anything right they wouldnt have been conquered by brits. fuck oriental spiritual shits including isl*m, christianity, hinduism, buddism, shintoism and other stupid spritiual bullshits.

>wrong

lots of bad teachers and crap newage TM instructors though

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hesychasm

The mantra is "Lord Jesus Christ, son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner."

It's one of the reasons people say Orthodox Christianity has a distinctly eastern bend to it.