Homeowner Shoots Intruder in the Shower

archive.is/YP3oF

A man was arrested on suspicion of second-degree murder in Washington State on Saturday after shooting an intruder he found in his shower, according to the Mason County Sheriff’s Office.

The man who was arrested was identified by the sheriff’s office on Monday as Bruce Fanning, a Mason County resident. Mr. Fanning discovered around 8 a.m. on Saturday that the door of one of two of the residences he owns had been kicked in, said Lt. Travis Adams of the sheriff’s office.

Mr. Fanning, 59, walked through the building and eventually found the stranger using a shower, and the two exchanged words, Lieutenant Adams said. Mr. Fanning, who believed the stranger to be drunk, the police said, then retreated to his private residence next door and retrieved a handgun.

He returned and fired four shots through the shower curtain, killing the man in the shower, the sheriff’s office said. After shooting the intruder, Mr. Fanning called the police.
The victim was identified as Nathaniel Joseph Rosa, 31, from Bothell, Wash., a city in the greater Seattle metropolitan area. It is about a two-hour drive northeast of Mason County, a relatively rural part of the state.

“All the information that we have indicates that the guy was undressed, in the shower, taking a shower,” Lieutenant Adams said, adding that there was no indication that a physical altercation had taken place when Mr. Fanning discovered the stranger.

you aren't allowed to kill somebody stealing your water?

Self defense laws state you have to use force within reason to the situation. Doesn't look like Oregon has castle law.

one of the few exceptions where I'll side with the criminal.

Just call the fucking police. there is literally no threat at all.

Oregon on laws on Castle Doctrine
Use of force justifiable in a range of scenarios without a duty to retreat specified. Oregon Supreme Court affirmed in State of Oregon v. Sandoval that the law "sets out a specific set of circumstances that justify a person's use of deadly force (that the person reasonably believes that another person is using or about to use deadly force against him or her) and does not interpose any additional requirement (including a requirement that there be no means of escape)."

This. Lock his dumb ass inside and turn off the water.

sauce on pic?

Might as well just let him eat the food out of your fridge, drive your car, and fuck your wife too while you're at it.

This was a deliberate crime. Fuck that, I'm glad he's dead.

I can tell you this much, he's not gonna get reimbursement for his door or stolen water from a corpse.

its not canada man..

He fucked up by admitting he went back to get the gun.

wat

If that intruder is like OP's pic, I am fine with it and expect him to return a favor.

this isn't in Oregon

>be american
>take shower
>get shot

seriously though he couldnt have told the guy to gtfo of his house first?

The government shouldn't judge, let God decide. Homeowners should be allowed to remove trespassers by any means necessary.

seconded. sauce on pic OP?

He shot pic related?? What a waste of good dick

A small price to pay to make an example that it's not okay to shower in someone else's home.

>Washington state
It might as well be.

>exchanged words before going to retrieve his gun

I'm pretty sure he tried to get the guy out but failed.

see, this guys get it

Absolutely disgusting.

>drunk
>using shower
Did you really have to kill him? That's completely unnecessary. I probably wouldn't have even called the cops unless he got violent.

Fucking hell.

His critical mistake was retreating, exiting the premise, and then re-entering with a gun.

He(intruder) violated the NAP and got put down.

Seeing as how I don't live in some cucked state that values criminals over law abiding citizens and I can defend the sanctity of my own castle, no. Step over the threshold of my door uninvited and I will ventilate you. This is sacred ground upon which no one may tread uninvited.

Oh Fuck. I didn't know lesions was a real thing from AIDS. I thought that move overexaggerated it.

/thread.

>being this retarded
Jesus, he's so drunk and out of it he broke into your home to take a shower. There's no threat except the threat of alcoholism on the poor sap.

I side with the "criminal". Reluctant to even call him that, more like some poor faggot who needs help with his alcohol consumption.

It's called being rational and recognizing a threat vs a dumbass.

I can vouch for this as I personally had my camper broken into by a completely wasted guy who thought he was going into his own camper. No shots fired, no physical altercation, just told him he's not in his camper and he's pissing in my sink, and led him back to his own.

That's great an all, but even in a non-cucked state you would be charged if you did what this guy did.

He left the house, entered his other house to get his gun, and returned to the first house to kill the guy. That behavior is not covered under any self-defense or castle doctrine law.

Then you call the cops or drag him out. There was literally zero reason to shoot and kill him.

Sounds like it went like this

>GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE

>BWaaaarrrrgggghhhhhh fuck youuu

Not saying he should have been shot, but he was a retard.

it depends

if the criminal is white then id just call the cops

if the criminal is black, i wont necessarily shoot him, i will just be far less relaxed

see, this is the problem with gunfags. They don't want a gun to protect themselves, they just want a gun because it makes them feel like a badass. They don't have in case a reason to use it finds them, they have it in case they find an excuse to use it.

sauce on OP?

Might as well just suck homeless guys off under the bridge if you're such a fucking humanitarian.

Drunken men everywhere who cannot defend themselves will certainly fear you.

karposi sarcoma

all he had to do was call the police since the guy was taking a shower

>Not saying he should have been shot
I'm saying he should have been shot.

It depends. If he was just some drunk that walked in a unlocked door it's murder. If he broke a window to get in then it's justified.

lol

You're either extremely stupid and should be kept far from society, or hopefully a shill.

I really hope some day your child/dog/ loved one wanders into a hillbilly's property and gets shot.

I'm all for deadly force if the situation calls for it but in this particular case it was unnecessary and impractical.

By killing the dumbass the homeowner has opened himself to legal bullshit that is gonna cost a fair amount of time and money. Additionally he won't get paid back in damages to his home from a corpse.

There's a difference between defending your life/property from a legitimate threat and being a trigger happy nigger.

I'm a gunfag but not an unreasonable one.

Not an argument. Stop being fucking retarded. Literally no excuse for killing this man.

Why didn't he just wait for the guy to get out of the shower get dressed then when he comes around the corner he gets filled with holes. Seems like the easiest way then plant a knife on him for good measure.

how many cocks have your lips touched?

seems to me that americans dont really value human life. you guys are just trigger happy bafoons. you get one life and then thats it, a few measly years to experience as much of this universe as you can. the intruder was a fool no doubt but to take somebody's life away like that is just wrong

I mean, a bit Overkill
The dude was naked
Which means he went in, talked to the intruder, went, looked for a gun, THEN shot him

Faggot

Louisiana isn't even remotely a cucked state when it comes to guns and self-defense but even here if you left the premises, got a weapon, then returned you'd be charged.

If he had stayed in the first house, got like a bat or golf club, then beat the guy to death with it then he probably would have been fine.

Once he exited the house his only solution was to call the police. The fact that he was able to safely leave his house then return is what caught him up.

Nigger I am the hillbilly. Got my banjo and everything.

>Not an argument.
Nice meme you little alt-lite shit. Don't you have a thread with some eceleb drama to post in?

Depending on the words that were exchanged, this is either cold-blooded murder or self defense.

Fucking cuck, the guy did nothing wrong. Sure, it's not what I would have done, due to the hassle of it all, but from a purely moral standpoint you have every right to execute someone just boldly invading your home in such a manner.

he kicked the door in and trespassed by force

BTFO

there's a proportion of those living in the pacific northwest whom are borderline survivalists and antigov militia fanatics

this shooter was probably one

Maybe the naked man triggered him or sexually assaulted him by looking at him.

>the odds of you being attacked are low, so why bother protecting yourself at all?

Uh oh bong, looks like your lack of semen rations has made you delirious. I suggest you lie down until the next shipment.

>I'm a gunfag but not an unreasonable one.
so then you agree that we should ban assault weapons.

The guy should have waited for the dude to get out of the shower. Then when he comes out of the bathroom you mag dump him but killing him while he's physically in the shower was a dumb idea, hard to defend that.

How poor do you have to be that you would kill a person for shower water?

That's just how do up in here. We straight thuggin' it, nigga.

>That's great an all, but even in a non-cucked state you would be charged if you did what this guy did.
Wrong. I can defend my property and castle with lethal force. It doesn't matter if he raping my daughter or showering my in shower.

I don't care if anyone fears me. You seem to think I care if that's a thing.

>if the situation calls for it
And intruder who I don't have any idea what his motivations are, their state of mind, what they brought with them, taking any chances by trying to "play fair" and give them a chance? No, fuck off. Don't break into people's houses if you don't want to be shot.

>Louisiana isn't even remotely a cucked state when it comes to guns and self-defense
>but even here if you left the premises, got a weapon, then returned you'd be charged.
Pick one.

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

No homo at all, no sir.

I'm guessing that the shooter was a closeted homo, became aroused, got angry that he became aroused, and murdered the guy in a closeted homo rage.

I'm sure there's no thread in what is obviously a mentally unwell man invading your home

>if they have no problem breaking in through the border
>they'll have no problem breaking in through your front door.

It's not about the water, it's about the principle of the thing. A man's gotta stand up for what he believes.

>Wrong. I can defend my property and castle with lethal force. It doesn't matter if he raping my daughter or showering my in shower.

You really need to brush up on your law before you get charged with murder lmao.

Hello, isn't it easy to commit murder in america?

>"Hey how are you buddy? Come over to my house later friend!"
Later
>"um why are you locking the door, what are you doing with the gun?"
>*blam*
>plant knife
>call 911
>"OMG THIS GUY LUNGED AT ME!

WA whole being a sjw shithole oddly has some of most laxed gun laws of any state. Seattle is firmly libtard, but the rest of the state might as well be the Deep South.
I saw a tommy gun on sale at a cabellas a few months back.

Man, this is why you carry your gun on you. You don't fucking leave, then come back with a gun, then use SELF DEFENSE as your explanation.

And why the hell did this homeowner tell the cops he went and got his gun? That's the part of the story that's going to get him for premeditation. Just say you always carry it, or better yet, call your lawyer first, then the cops.

Seriously, guys, if you own or carry a gun, look up some of the nightmare cases people have been dragged through because of stupid shit like talking to the cops. But in this case, I have to say the shooter probably deserves to be charged.

But why the fuck didn't the drunk guy leave? Also, I looked up his picture and he looks like an armenian. He truly has a shootable face, and a freaky fucking grin. Looks like the kind of guy that wants to date your sister, but you know it isn't going to work out the moment you see him, and you want to tell her but he's just so smiley and fake-nice that you know it's going to be a waste of your time.

>I probably wouldn't have even called the cops unless he got violent.
this statement is retarded
you HAVE to let the cops handle this, most of them know their stuff when it comes to handling dunk jackass situations, plus you have the legal cushion of having called the authorities instead of handling a dangerous situation by yourself.
also, you are already paying for their services through tax, might as well use it.

>little timmy from down the street walks across your lawn to get to school
>gets a hole blown in his chest

you sure hate fags, for a gunhating liberal sissy

kek. i agree with this guy. any amount of compassion or empathy should be viewed as moral weakness and social corruption. if there is any reason to chimp out we should. a show of empathy should be reason enough to beat the piss out of the empath.

He violated the NAP he should have been Nuked instead.

The situation was
>Intruder
>Broad daylight
>Intruder had no weapon or means of concealing one
>Intruder was in a space where he could be easily contained until authorities arrive
>Intruder was possibly drunk
These are massive, glaring legal vulnerabilities for the homeowner that are gonna cost him down the line. I don't care what your state laws are the intruders family or anti gun nuts will try to nail your ass to the wall for less than these.

Killing an intruder is well and good but why go straight to that option when others exist that will be less of a hassle?

Should have let the dude out of the shower before filling him with holes. It's an easier story to explain then when the dude is literally taking a shower.

Really it depends on the prosecutor.
Some shitheads broke into a house, slapped a guy and his wife around looking for drugs, and when they left, the homeowner chased them outside with his rifle and fired it at them in the dark, didn't even know he killed on until the next day.
Prosecutor declined to prosecute.

This

My body my rights.

I remember when I was a kid and answering my dor only to have some drug crazed hippy wander in. My Mom was horrified, but I directed him like he was a lost tourist:around the house until he was back outside,then told him to go to the end of the block,turn left and keep going straight and he won't miss it. After he toddled away and the door was locked,my Mom asked where I was directing him.

"Away from here,where else?"

Am I wrong thinking that there's something just a bit off about this guy's smile? Like, I feel as though he walked around with all this fake positivity that got people to like him, but he probably had a string of ex-girlfriends who had horror stories about his true personality.

I think you're too fucking retarded to understand how the law works.

No matter what state you're in or the laws there, deadly force has to 100% be justified with the belief that you don't think you'll still be alive by the time the cops ger there.

If you are able to leave your house, get a weapon, and then return all in total safety to kill an unarmed intruder, then the chance is pretty much a certainty you would still be alive when the cops arrived.

I don't blame this man for what he did but he fucked up big-time by not calling the police when he left. Decent chance he'll get off at trial with a non-cucked jury and a good lawyer but either way he's in for a very long and expensive haul.

The only way he would have gotten out of this without being charged is if shower guy was armed or had followed him out of the house after he left.

If someone broke into my house by breaking in my door he'd be shot the first chance I see him. Shower or no shower. The only mistake this guy did was talking to the guy. Always assume the intruder is armed and dangerous despite whatever he's doing.

>little timmy crossing the grass
>somehow equivalent to a drunk adult man capable of kicking down a door, and equally capable of punching an old man to death even naked in a shower

you liberal faggots arguements only hold water under the condition that you think like a complete fucking retard with no common sense. otherwise you never have a valid point. moron.

>I'm a gunfag but not an unreasonable one.
then you're in a minority

case in point, this fucker , and half the other people in this thread.

>I can defend my property and castle with lethal force. It doesn't matter if he raping my daughter or showering my in shower.
even if that were true (it isn't, enjoy your prison anal rape if you try to act on this), why would you want to? Why would you want kill someone - end the life of another human being - because he took a shower in your house without your permission, you sick fuck?

>I don't have any idea what his motivations are
The guy in question had time to leave the property, go to his actual residence, get his gun, and then REENTER the property to carry out the execution. At that point, I think we can safely say that the guy in the shower didn't pose a threat

Implying only gun crime scenes can be staged

>door is not broken
>friends and family testify that he was your friend
>phone records indicate you called him
optionals:
>no signs of physical struggle on you
>you would probably fuck op on a detail or two of your story during interrogation
>no neighbors heard sounds of fighting?

good luck with that one

>but why go straight to that option when others exist that will be less of a hassle
Because if you happen to try another option and then end up being forced to kill or injure him somewhere down the line it will cause more legal vulnerabilities than any of those you just listed, as prosecutors will have more leverage in arguing that you weren't afraid for your life.

Are there actually people who think the homeowner is justified?

>live in the country, no PD at end of the driveway
>find door kicked in
>SOB still on location
>acts like he owns the place
>stealing water at a minimum
>"exchange words", still won't leave
>could_be_taking_pre_rampage_shower.jpg
>have to take action or make him dinner
>take action, perhaps a little heavy handed
>especially from the other side of the curtain
>call PD for burglar pickup service

could have been better but I get it, prove me wrong Sup Forums

>reddit spacing
The shower guy doesn't need to be armed. The home owner just needs reasonable suspicion of being in danger and having your door broken in with a stranger is in your house seems to fit that bill. You can still have a gun while showering and unless it states that the home owner somehow knew the guy didn't have a gun then he has no reason to believe the guy wasn't a threat. This is why cops shoot people who have fake guns or make motions to reach their guns.

>the life of another human being
has no value to me

People from non-cucked states or nations. Breaking into someone's house is a quick way to get yourself killed. Only cucked states punish you for shooting an intruder.

No doubt, and as I said, I wouldnt have done it at all due to the hassle of it all. The mess, the police, the courts. But I dont blame him for doing it. Some degenerate breaks into your fucking house and starts using it as if he lives there and you can't even fucking ventilate him?