It's time to talk about North Korea

I know that many of us at Sup Forums watch NBC, but I saw something interesting last night about the defector Thae Yong Ho and Lester Holt, where in the interview he stated "Kim Jong Un is "desperate in maintaining his rule by relying on his [development of] nuclear weapons and ICBM."

The article here
nbcnews.com/news/world/north-korean-defector-tells-lester-holt-world-should-be-ready-n741901

Meanwhile today in Washington, The House of Representatives passed two landslide measures against the nation of North Korea.
The first was a 398-3 in favor of Denouncing North Korea and its nuclear missile testing, the second a 394-1 in favor of urging President Trump to list North Korea as a terrorist state.

Both are seen as acts of US aggression by North Korea.
foxnews.com/us/2017/04/03/house-measures-rebuke-north-korea-for-belligerent-behavior.html

This also comes alongside a visit from Chinese President Xi Jinping to President Trump at Mor-a-lago Florida; where Trump has tweeted "It's going to be a tough talk" What this first talk will encompass is anyones guess, but a definite talking point will be China's response to North Korea. Trump has gone on the record yesterday and has said "that the United States is prepared to act alone if China does not take a tougher stand against North Korea’s nuclear program." Rex Tillerson has put military action on the table as well, with Mattis also providing forboding talk regarding "action if North Korea budges".
fox6now.com/2017/04/02/president-trump-says-us-is-ready-to-act-alone-on-north-korea/

So here we are, at the precipice of saber rattling. North Korea has ICBM's capable of hitting American Interests overseas, and it would seem that the Trump administration is quite rabid to nip this in the bud.
What can we honestly expect this time around?
What do you think? What are your expectations, and what do you predict will happen after Friday's talks with China?

What you guys don't realize is that China is more scared of NK nukes than you will ever be. Contrary to the US, China's biggest cities can all be hit by NK nukes.

China has taken measures, the army is mobilizing towards the borders and China is destroying NK's economy and starving it to death by putting sanctions on NK's by-far largest economic export, coal.

Luckily for Xi, despite his plans to take down Kim Jung Un, he will still try to profit off the situation as much as possible. Xi allowing brinkmanship to develop between the US and NK has been a smart move by China, be careful not to fall for the trap.

The sanctions were only for a month, something of which North Korea doesn't seem to bother as the continued testing AND launching of missiles has occurred.

What I'm worried about is that Kim is sitting at "If I see you budge first, I launch my nuclear armaments" America is sitting at "If you do, we'll attack"

Like I said, the house of representatives TODAY passed legislation to ask President Trump, who isn't exactly a wunderkind when it comes to foreign policy, to re classify North Korea as a terrorist state, something of which may tip Kim over the edge.

The meeting with Jinping this Friday will be integral to the safeguard and climate of the Pacific, and we are hedging this on a "First time meeting of two people who have extremely different cultures and attitudes".

I am legitimately concerned at this moment, like that Cold War cloud of "Nukes any time now" but instead of rational people we have Kim Jong Un.

if digits, Best Korea will nuke a US ally and takes us into war.

China will be seen as culpable.

The one time I'm glad Kek isn't in a thread.
I'm not ready for Korean War 2.0 quite yet.

Seriously, though, the worst kept secret is that N. Korea is China's pitbull. It's also a buffer between them and US ally S. Korea.

Trump may want to work out a deal that leverages trade under the condition of finally nixing N. Korea.

In other words, TPP but let's get rid of the N. Korea issue. If they refuse, then they will have a US ally right against China.

Then again, there could be some other crazy shit that involves Taiwan or the islands.

How about we talk about the moomins or whatever the fuck those things are?

That was something else I was thinking about Friday's talks.

"Hey China, let's work on a trade deal that craps on North Korea in the process."

I don't see it not working, seeing how China seems to be fed up with North Korea, however like said, I don't think China is willing to agree to those terms because of the range of ICBM's could hit their own cities. Being betrayed by their own ally by working out a trade deal with their mortal that deliberately messes with them would warrant action from a very trigger happy Kim, who himself is pressured into this corner by his own regieme.

Trump is also willing to act without China's approval, so if a deal isn't cut with China, America will find another way to poop on North Korea, further escalating the tense relations of everyone involved. China already has ruffled feathers over the Taiwan issues, and Trump during his campaign had often put China as "Those guys are dicks" pedastal.

I think most of us like the Moomins, however we do need to seriously talk about these events, because they have the potential to shape the climate of the Pacific.

We are at the edge of Nuclear War, with someone who more than willing and in a position to initiate.

I just finished watching a Worst Korea film about how some convicts had their identities destroyed and were trained to specifically Kim Il-Sung dirty-dozen style back in the 60s 70s only to get cucked and betrayed by Worst Korea. (Film's called Silmido if anyone's interested)

Why can't the US and Best Korea just be friends?

I think our worlds are too different.
Here we have the illusion of Freedom, while at the same time having comfort amongst the population.
In North Korea, there is no illusion of Freedom, and comfort is reserved only for the elite.

It is simply a terrible place, inside and out; we can never be allies because of this.

America is everything opposite that North Korea is, and North Korea is Worst Ending Possible Future for America.

China was North Korea's only lifeline. Coal exportation precisely was the sole driving force behind NK's crumbling economy and China has ruined that.

Give it some time, they will suffocate in due time. I believe China is in a true dilemma right now but will emerge victorious. NK couldn't care less about things like being declared a terrorist-state by the US.

You don't need to worry though, NK will be going down soon enough. The Chinese only care about themselves and nobody else. They only kept NK around so that communism would be more prevalent in the region and so that they can have a puppet-state serve as a buffer-zone between China and what it perceives as America's vassal, South Korea.

Now that North Korea's regime has become rampant, giving justification for America to build up military forces in SK, Xi will certainly take down Kim before the US brings in more military presence on the peninsula. The cost of keeping North Korea around is outweighing the benefits, the Chinese are cold and ruthless, they are a growing soon-to-be superpower and a respected member of the international community despite some incidents, we will see the DPRK fall in the next decade.

I certainly hope you are right in your viewpoint.

Do you think it will come from insurrection within North Korea, economic collapse, or armed incursion?
Oy vey!

Not sure brother, but I feel like it will come down to either coup or assassination, both funded by China. What would be your thoughts?

Now that I think about it, this is quite scary. Isn't this how the US started as a superpower? Tons of coups in foreign countries with unfavorable regimes, even in democratic ones like Mossadegh's Iran. Don't wanna live in no chinese commie world...

Ah. Well that is interesting.

Can I get sauce on that?

Personally, it all depends.

If China acts of its own accord and succeeds, "New North Korea/Puppet State"

If China acts of its own accord and fails:
"Oh shit."

If North America acts of its own accord and succeeds
"Oh shit plus possible Angry China"

If North America acts on its own accord and fails
"Oh shit. OH SHIT."

If the North Korea people acts of its own internal accord and succeeds
"Hooray for Reunification!"

If the North Korea people acts of its own internal accord and fails
"Goddamn it, followed by "Oh shit."

As per China as a Superpower, it's been on the table for a long while, but I think what happens in the upcoming events and the Pacific climate on how it play out over the next fifty, hundred years.

Also, for whatever reason, I'm having ultra deja vu about this conversation, not a "I've talked about this before," but rather a preminition sort of thing, if you believe in that sort of thing.

Then again, I could just be mixing things up in my memory banks since I have shoddy memory.

At this point, I've come to terms that war is imminent. Trump is going to be a no nonsense president.

That is what I believe as well, and I hope China sees this as well, and in this way, it forces their hand to take action.

Also this is my last Moomin picture.

So I may just respond without images.

North Korea is going to build an ICBM and I don't see how all this fear mongering is going to change anything. It's still MAD. They won't an hero their own country.
Say what you will about China but they would take a nuclear NK over a democratic Korea any day.

North Korea has already built two ICBM, three are currently under production.

We are beyond the point of "Will North Korea complete its Nuclear Program" and now "When will North Korea use its Nuclear Program"

China may prefer Nuclear North Korea over Democratic, however America, and the rest of the World, will not.

This is a "Back against the wall" scenario for everyone, and something has to give.

>the rest of the World, will not.
They don't care about your preferences.
>Back against the wall
Meanwhile, we have real terrorism in the world, like the recent attack in Russia.
Instead you focus on this shitty country that excludes itself from the global stage because they might actually have a way to defend themselves.

Countries that have denounced North Korea
Too many to list.

Countries that are neutral to North Korea
Sweden
Syria
Iran

As per real terrorism.
A country constantly says "We are going to nuke you and your friends and family if you piss us off" isn't considered a terrorist state, even though they are trying to incite terror under the use of nuclear force.

There are different types of terrorism, and I'm not saying that we should not fight religious sects, insurgents, lone idealouges, and dicks who don't value human life, however to say "North Korea isn't a state of terrorism, and is totally not in the wrong" is just wrong.

It is like looking at an apple and saying "That's an orange."

>trying to incite terror
You might want to start with labeling Islam as a terrorist ideology instead of a religion if you want to go that route. That kind of thinking goes down hill real fast.
>There are different types of terrorism
No, there is only one type.
>I'm not saying that we should not fight religious sects, insurgents, lone idealouges, and dicks who don't value human life
Ones view on the value of human life isn't an act of terrorism.
>North Korea
>a state of terrorism
Real states supporting terror. You don't want to open that can of worms

Nice job going directly with the "Islam as a whole" bait, however this is not what I was referring to. There are people of non mainstream religious sects who believe in the mass widespread death of other human beings as a doctrine of their faith. There are also those within mainstream religious sects who act upon this doctrine towards non believers.

Well obviously, however I mean "Terrorism has more than one source". In this there are different classifications and parties of terrorism. Intimidation, Assault, embezzlement, blackmailing; terrorism as a definition of itself is broad. ISIS is a case of Religious Sect Terrorism that Intimidates, Conquers and Assaults.
North Korea is a case of State Terrorism that Intimidates with a very big stick that can and is very willing to hit other people with.

Terrorists have no value of human life, this is why they are terrorists, this is what justifies society saying "You are a terrible person in these acts."

Real terror states
(Through America's classifications)
Iran
Syria

Real states that support/supply/create terrorist groups.
The Big 5.
Saudi Arabia
Russia
China
America
Israel
Other terror creation states.
Palestine
Syria
Iran
Iraq
A shit ton of African states
A shit ton of Central European states

If this kike puppet takes us to nuclear war for no reason I really hope DPRK nukes the US great satan.

>Real states that support/supply/create terrorist groups.
>America
I can't go along with hypocrisy.

ترك هذا البلد إذا كنت لا ترغب في ذلك
It's really no surprise that American agencies have supported/supplied/created terrorist groups to combat those who act in reverse of its interest. Alot of countries do this, the difference however is America is not a Direct Terrorist State; sure America, through alphabet agencies, has done shitty things, but through the broad definition of terrorism; every country, even Switzerland, is guilty.

North Korea is a Direct Terrorist State. If North Korea was not a Direct Terrorist State, and simply supported/supplied/create terrorism against those who act against their interests, they'd be like every other nation in the world.

>This type of terrorism is okay but this isn't.
Try selling that to the silent majority after this disturbing election and continued attack on our democracy by the left.

The silent majority is a republican based one.
If you read the news about what happened today in the House of Representatives, Republicans and Democrats in a landslide voted in favor of denouncing North Korea and declaring it a terrorist state.

The public opinion of North Korea in America is a whopping 89% unfavorable viewpoint, and this is across all political lines.

When it comes to North Korea, there is no American politics other than "Fuck you North Korea"

As per the internal rustlings within our own political system, there is nothing to constitute Terrorism. Its politics, shitty partisan and dividing politics, but politics nonetheless.

Politics aren't terrorism.

The silent (republican) majority is more than happy to support American Interests, Democrats are also quick to support Interests as well. When we do it, we call it something else so we can pass it to the public. Like I said, every country in guilty of this, except for countries that deliberating go out and say "Hey [insert nation here] I'm going to destroy you and your allies" because then the country itself is a terrorist.

Countries that have said that
North Korea: To America and its Allies
Iran: To Israel
Germany: To the Entire European Union

>American Interests
The more the American public learns about the inner workings the more that definition with change.

Maybe, however that is a question only time can answer.