Christians of Sup Forums

I am newly Christian, it's only in the past year that I've accepted Christ. I know that some of you here are quite learned. I'm grappling with a terrible amount of existential fear and despair. Both of my parents are ill, my mother with an ugly neurodegenerative disease.

If anyone could point me in the direction of any comforting scripture, lectures, sermons, etc., my soul could really use it. Anything that deals with fear and death, pertaining to self and loved ones. I haven't been a Christian for very long so I don't have much of a toolkit built up yet.

Thank you and God bless you.

Other urls found in this thread:

biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/bible-verses-for-overcoming-grief/
whatchristianswanttoknow.com/bible-verses-for-bereavement-10-helpful-scripture-quotes/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=x9WEj6uLgmM
openbible.info/topics/death_of_a_loved_one
youtube.com/watch?v=yMHkOelzu9s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

It's not exactly what you're looking for, but here's this:
I Thessalonians 4:13-18
Revelation 21:3-5

I can't believe I'm the first one to post in your thread. Where are the others?

I'll look up more

Many thanks user.

biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/bible-verses-for-overcoming-grief/
whatchristianswanttoknow.com/bible-verses-for-bereavement-10-helpful-scripture-quotes/

No problem. You're in a real tough situation. You need all the help you can get

Here's a really inspiring song that helps
>m.youtube.com/watch?v=x9WEj6uLgmM

>it embedded the video
That's not what I wanted, but ok

I appreciate it so much. Those verses on grief are really helpful. It's hard keeping it together all the time for my young kids while my parents are ailing in the background. I'm very close with both my parents.

Listening to the song now.

There's Psalm 73

Bookmarking all of this. What's amazing to me is that I do feel a kind of comfort and hope that I never knew before I became a Christian, but it doesn't take away the human pain if that makes sense. Kind of exists alongside it.

openbible.info/topics/death_of_a_loved_one
It's because you don't want to be away from them, even though is temporary. Because, even though it's for a short while, you'll have no way to contact them. But they're still there. Don't forget that they won't be gone forever.

Don't forget that even if they do leave, they will be with God and nothing will hurt them.

I was referencing the human pain in this post . Sorry if it confused you.
But, yeah. The world looks completely different when you look at things from a Christian perspective. Life feels more like a journey and less like a burden. If that makes sense.

Reject the Christ Insanity and own your own existence.

I've always preferred Ecclesiastes to the Psalms, but for comfort you may want to start with the Psalms. Also Thessalonians. Are you a Catholic, Anglican/Episcopalian, Orthodox or Protestant?

You didn't even read his post. You just read the name of the thread. Get out.

Checked, Kek wills user to feel the embrace of Christ.

I advise you to pick up a bible promise book. Sorry about your mom

I absolutely read it. Seeking "comfort" in the face of a situation like his is exactly what not to do. He should be focused on the here and now and reality of his life and the life of those around him, not chasing after some multiculti promised land.

|
|>
|B
|

Wonder who is behind this post? Reading the Scripture to cope with hardship is wise, you will not become resentful of the world for your troubles, instead you will become grateful for all you have been given. Learn some humility.

>being comforted is a bad thing
You're delusional. What is wrong with you?

Why would you fear death? Even if you go to hell there is nothing to fear. Whatever happens is good because God deemed it so.

>Given
See, that's the issue. Who did the giving matters a hell of a lot and you're not helped at all if that someone is God.

Distraction, not comfort. Hence the " ".

>the Jews trying to keep the Tanakh to themselves
I kekked at the implication. You're 100% right, though.

Matthew 11:28-30

God bless you user. I'll pray for your situation.

Yes it absolutely makes sense.

Thanks user, I'm actually not sure yet. Been reading up to try to figure that out. My family is historically Catholic. But I have obvious qualms with the current state of the Vatican.

Thank you user.

I could not be more focused on the "here and now" if I tried. I live every day with and for my family. Spirituality and real life aren't mutually exclusive.

Simple logic, and you're right, but it's hard when watching a parent deteriorate.

Thank you, user.

Reminder that whites deserve everything that is coming to them in the next few years because of their inability to protect themselves against Semitic subversion via Christianity

Fuck all Christians

It's feeling better emotionally. Quit acting like it's a a bad thing. Why do you even care what other people believe? If you're an atheist, it shouldn't make a difference. So go back to plebbit and let us help those who need it.

God doesn't predetermine whether we go to Hell. He designed free will so that he may not interfere in our choices. Hell is our existence when we knowingly turn away from an experience with divine truth; it is the willful absence of God in our existence.

Reminder that the majority of Christians hated Jews for over 1600 years.

This kind of post only cements my faith in the path I've chosen.

Well, then if you get to the point that you would accept going to hell if it is God's choice then you are probably not going to go there. Agree or disagree?

Are there alternative ways to become Catholic? I can't afford the RCIA fees.

>not believing in divine providence
The future is determined by choices, and God preordained what will happen, so he obviously is involved

Don't be a Catholic. It's a degenerate church.

Oh. Alright.

They'll never realize that that persecution can make faith stronger.

>This kind of post only cements my faith in the path I've chosen.
How?

Seriously?

Your utter lack of empathy. You demonstrate qualities I don't want to embody.

Yes. I never used to understand this but I totally get it now.

>Spirituality and real life aren't mutually exclusive.
I never stated nor even implied that that was the case.

>It's feeling better emotionally. Quit acting like it's a a bad thing.
It's an emotional narcotic.

>Why do you even care what other people believe?
Because they solicited advice.

>If you're an atheist, it shouldn't make a difference. So go back to plebbit and let us help those who need it.
Not an atheist in the least.

Understandable. As a Catholic, I also have reservations about the conduct of the Church in different areas. I will say, though, Catholic teaching on death can offer real comfort and a place to start deeper personal exploration. As far as finding comfort, try reading on the Blessed Virgin Mary, particularly how she found joy and sorrow at the same time while at the foot of the cross. The lives of the Saints and asking thm to pray for you and your family can be a great help. If you want a little bit to meditate on look to Father Richard Rohr. He's a bit more liberal politically, but spiritually is open to the cosmic and mystical side of doctrine. He has an audio called Men and Grief that is great.

This is a misunderstanding of Divine Providence. Cite sources, please.

So you think the way to guide others spiritually is to tear down their beliefs and nothing else. Not supply an alternative, even.

Too cowardly to share your own beliefs? Or do you just enjoy destruction. Fucking kill yourself.

RCIA doesn't charge and Catholics don't tithe. If someone is saying they do, find a different parish and report them.

That makes no sense. I neither agree or disagree. Rephrase properly, please.

Then the evidence suggests the majority of Christians are a bunch of cucks

>So you think the way to guide others spiritually is to tear down their beliefs and nothing else. Not supply an alternative, even.
I have not done "nothing else".

>Too cowardly to share your own beliefs?
No, but they're not all that relevant to the issue at hand. As far as I'm concerned this is a philosophical hurdle more than a spiritual one.

>Or do you just enjoy destruction.
Occasionally, but not in this case.

>Fucking kill yourself.
You first.

Thank you for these insights, I will look into everything you listed. Part of me thinks that Catholicism would be a good fit because my family and my spouse's family were both Catholic going back countless generations. So maybe there's some ancestral memory/intelligence in that.

>cite your sources
For what? The fact that God had prophets prophesize (that's probably spelled wrong, but you know what I'm saying) about the future proves that he controls the sequence of events because he makes the prophecies come true in the end.

>they're cucks for trusting Jews
>they're cucks for hating Jews
Inconsistent as Hell

Empathy is not a Christian virtue. Empathy is, in fact, degenerate sentimentalism and a vice.

Fact is, Christians do deserve what is coming to them for being weak. Part of this weakness is the vice of empathy. Islam is an instrument created by God to punish weak, faithless, and lukewarm Christians and apostates.

The fact is you know nothing. You tell people from broken homes "own yourself". Like telling a 4 year old "own yourself". It's garbage compared to the guidance Christianity brings.

God wants mercy, not sacrifices.

>He's a bit more liberal politically, but spiritually is open to the cosmic and mystical side of doctrine.
Just state it plainly. He's a faggot hippy and a heretic.

You think Swedes are being punished for being too "empathetic"? No. They're being punished for fucking each other when they were 11 and 12 years old because they had garbage, APATHETIC parents..

I've been many things before finding a home in the Catholic Church, even though I still have issues with some activities. If you find the basic tenants of the faith fulfilling in your personal search, there is no more rewarding experience to be had. The Church requires a good deal of spiritual commitment but offers a few things other denominations do not, spiritually. If you find something else, explore that. No worries. All roads lead somewhere and somesuch.

I surely hope you aren't implying all roads led to God

kek, the hippy part, probably, faggot - I dunno - he's a Franciscan priest, heretic - not yet, he accepts direction and discipline from his Bishop. Unconventional? yes. Still helpful, though.

If the next pope isn't a white american I'm fuckin done

Sorry to hear about your situation OP. Sending prayers your way. Listen to this sometime. It always calms me down.
youtube.com/watch?v=yMHkOelzu9s

No. Mercy is from God. You misunderstand Christianity.

And empathy has nothing to do with mercy anyway. Empathy is an egoistic perversion of christian charity.

nope, all roads lead somewhere and, in the end, where, or what the place is called - none of it matters. (and that's the blessing)

>I'm grappling with a terrible amount of existential fear
The companion of doubt. I'll pray for your courage.
>and despair.
Now that is something I might help you with. How well do you know the concept of hell?

Thank God we don't do the judgments upon others, ourselves, though...

>calling people jews

>worshiping the king of the jews

>Reject Christianity and your own existence
Ah, the atheist brigade.
>you have no soul!

Hoses 6:6 - For I desire mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

That attitude right there is the problem.

>Christianity = existence
Wew.

this.

Were you raped recently? Should we contact child support?

Christianity is the religion centered around Logos and Soul.

I'm saying they had 1600 years to do something to protect themselves. Their window has passed and now Europe belongs to Israel

C U C K S

>You think Swedes are being punished for being too "empathetic"?
Yes, empathy is a vice that causes man to relate to the sinful face of another man. Empathy can only exist in the lukewarm heart.

As a rule of thumb, most forms of sentimentalism are a vice.

>that image
This heresy intrigues me

>anyone who does not worship my dead jew is a fedora-tipper.

at least he doesn't eat kike crumbs

Have you encountered the (((Spaniard))) problem? Me neither. Christians did plenty. Too bad there was always some realpolitik cuck willing to take the jews in.
You should also remember that information did not travel like it does today. Atheists have had 300 years to solve the problem, but they've only freed the jews of Europe and killed all the monarchies.

For what? To worship nothingness, of course. I'd rather deal with satanists than fedoras.

They expelled the Jews from every country at some point. It didn't work because they settled in Poland.

>I learned nothing of the counterarguments presented in the last thread
You have an anti-christian agenda. Are you jewish, hired or autist?

this

John 11:40
>Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?

Luke 8:50 (Jesus healing Jarius' daughter)
>Don't be afraid; just believe, and she will be healed

Luke 11:9
>So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

much of the Christian faith is based exactly on that, faith. I know this sounds crony but you have to pray and actually believe and be persistent in your praying. autistic levels of focus.

here's a parable in Luke 18:1-8

>Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. He said: “In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared what people thought. And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, ‘Grant me justice against my adversary.’“For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, ‘Even though I don’t fear God or care what people think, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won’t eventually come and attack me!’” And the Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?”

Thank you, user. It's appreciated.

Many thanks. My understanding of hell is probably pretty elementary at this point.

all you faggots did was debate which sect of jew-worshiping was the least jewish.

"Man is the forger of steel, but God is the forger of Man's heart"

Look up James White and John MacArthur and Grace to You. Also look up Wrecthed Radio and go to carm.org

I have to get to bed, got an early morning tomorrow. But thank you all, and I'll be coming back to this to read all your posts in detail.

I feel much better than I did earlier.

God bless.

>they killed the monarchies
>remember the Habsburgs
IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!!

lies

Sleep well, brother.

>Many thanks. My understanding of hell is probably pretty elementary at this point.
Ok. To understand hell, you need to understand sin.
Essentially sin is what separates us from God, and hell is separation from God. Sin is slavery to something in the same manner as men are addicted and dependent on drugs.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMRCjvUXVEo

Good night and God bless you. Just don't delete the tab, I don't know if it will be archived

Can someone post one of those recommended reading lists I always forget to save?

Just started The Cosmic Mystery of Christ.

>I learned nothing
If you can't handle context, and you can't handle thoughts outside of your narrative, you are no different from a chatbot.

>Did jews reject Christ or not?
>Are jews evil or not?
>Why are jews evil?
>What's the problem with jews?
Christianity has an answer to all of those.

Besides, your example of the crumbs was about a Canaanite woman. Two lesser beings - Canaanites cursed since Noah (Context for her being called a dog) and a woman.

God bless, user, that's a situation I couldn't bear to imagine. You and your family are in my prayers.

Better than democracies. Your peace-loving nation has spent roughly about 4 years of its existence in peace. Yet you think you abide by Christian code of conduct, and don't even take care of your veterans.

a fucking leaf telling me what to do, beware or im gonna set in fire that leaf in the dumspter.

>>you
I'm... I'm not in charge though, user. I'm just a guy on Sup Forums