What's a trade Sup Forums would be interested in learning? For a hobby or a primary source of income?

What's a trade Sup Forums would be interested in learning? For a hobby or a primary source of income?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LP3YPzGGFXw
youtube.com/watch?v=p5Mh94_CsYA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Woodworks, pays very well in first world.

Bump

Blacksmithing. Hobby at first then maybe make some money with it. Eventually I'd like to as good as Eorlund Grey-Mane. Man's steel is legendary.

Bumping

The trade of janitor of some Russian forum so I could delete shitposts that aren't related to politics. At least I can still saygee.

genetic engineering please
also welding is long longed to be studied
and 3d modelling
and japanese
and chinese too

>trade meme
Enjoy making $35-40k max and breaking your back in your 40s.

>b-b-b-but NO DEBT
Yeah but if you ever want to start a family tradesmen won't cut it.

Machining

I'm getting better everyday and fucking love it

I'd like to know woodworking. I feel like i'd be very capable at it if I just had the fucking tools, and some basic knowledge of wood varnish. I'd love to make furniture

Printing (counterfeiting).

Jew here. Something illicit involving money. Cyber money-laundering with bitcoin would be prime.

making swords
>be me
>make sword
>use sword to be knight
>get yelled at for being a knight
>stop using sword

Gunsmith, carpenter, blacksmith.

Black Smithing. I was looking at the prices of anvils - they're really expensive.

Nice receiver! Would also love to know how to do that. I'm a moron w/CAD though.

Wreck diving/salvage. As a kid I used to dredge the Chicago river with my friends using magnets and snow shovels. Lotta weird shit in that river.

Woodworking

Welding

Electrician

Photosynthesizing.

B E E K E E P I N G

HVAC master race reporting

Welding

I love you

Whats that and how is it

Residential/commercial heating and cooling. Hard work, but very rewarding.

>dwarf
yep

This seems like a useful hobby. I would also like to learn more about metallurgy so I can start making my own knives and tools. There's lots of simple videos on Youtube that show you how to make a knife out of an old file or lawnmower blade or something, but I want to know about heat treating and quenching and such. Going to buy a bench sander and a new bench grinder this summer and make some C R U D E shit.

I love you too.

Fisting.

I do HVAC for a living and woodworking for fun.
Hell, the only reason I'm posting at this hour is because my wife is sleeping in a hospital bed next to me and hospital furniture is impossible to sleep on...

You can do heat treating with a charcoal fire, and temper steel in a kitchen oven

Heigh-Ho! Heigh-Ho! Go fuck yourself.

Yeah but I need to know how to do it, it's not like you just shove a hunk of metal in the oven and let it sit for however long you want. There's a process to it, if I'm not mistaken.

Also started watching this guy recently:

youtube.com/watch?v=LP3YPzGGFXw

He makes some pretty cool stuff, and aside from being a Christfag he seems pretty redpilled. Even made his own customer crusader armor for when the shitskin hordes attack the Fatherland.

Oh shit, I thought that pic was a painting. Nice colors desu

welding is cool, i'm getting into MIG welding right now

did you know you can weld with car batteries?
youtube.com/watch?v=p5Mh94_CsYA

Glassblowing.

You can make one yourself to start out with. I made a striking anvil out of 16mm mild steel plate, welder it together in a box shape and made a separate anvil horn. I bought a 60kg anvil eventually but went back to my self made one.

I hope your wife is ok.

Joining the military to learn and study to be an electrician. Someone's got to keep the automated jobs rolling.
Slowly practicing welding using an arc on the side.

Cooking. Not like Gordon Ramsey faggotry, or normal short-order cook bullshit, but something in between, just making the most out of basic shit. I'd just like to drive a lunch truck around a circuit between gunshows and Ren Faires, dishing out improbably good Philly steak sandwiches and burritos dirt cheap because I know how to season my shit.

I don't want much in life, I just want to pull up in my lunch truck and feed my people. And even that dream seems entirely out of my grasp.

shipbuilding

Thanks
You might recognize me as the user that has a wife with epilepsy and my giant rants about kike doctors and insurance people

have you seen chef

I work with thoroughbred racehorses. A wild business if there ever was one.

>hurr durr muh Skyrimmm

I'm picking up whittling because I want to make wooden masks.

Fuck off, Imperial fag.

>hurr durr muh vidyagamo

just fucking kill yourself

Different dwarves, user. Less 'Heigh-ho! Heigh-ho!" and more "The dwarves of yore made mighty spells, While hammers fell like ringing bells, Bound mystic runes to slay the the coons, And send the niggers back to hell".

you seem to know a lot about it. Maybe you should kill yourself too, bitch.

I googled the name Eorlund Grey Mane expecting to see some awesome metalwork

Instead I see faggotry

i think blacksmithing would be a cool hobby

i've been watching forged in fire on history channel and it is based as fuck

Something about the sky forge, his steel just holds tighter... If that makes any sense

I dunno but sea fishing from a boat seems comfy.

>Instead I see faggotry
nothing new for you

>not like short order cooking
>just short order cooking but in a roach coach
You have no idea what you're talking about.

True, this place is full of it

I tentatively concur with the Britfag, I thought I'd find some some obscure Danish master-blacksmith who makes high-end knives and hatchets fucking Iditarod participants swear by, and instead I find a goddamn vidya character.

For fuck's sake, anons, we're on Sup Forums, not Sup Forums or /tg/. Can't you faggots idolize Randall or LaGana or some real person who actually did some shit?

My hipster numale friend made like 2000 dollars from selling a single wooden bowl made out of like 5 different trees. Spent like 4 hours on the damn thing.

Make some yourself you fucking lazy nigger.

locksmithing

I've been thinking of actually making model warships around WW1 and WW2 era that can move. I kind of have and idea on how to build them but I lack the facilities and materials. I believe that the hardest part would be to get a good hull for the ship. I've been thinking that it should be made out of thin alluminium or metal sheeting, but I'm still wondering how to shape it properly. I could get a proper motor online somewhere and have also thought of making movable turrets. The superstructure would also require some precision work.

There are charts that explain what temps for every steel type

>Jew here.
>Something illicit involving money
No need to repeat yourself burgerbro

Lineman

Music, i wanna become the new Lazerhawk so i can own a mansion before im 30 years old

>i have no idea what im talking about.
Do you know how much edison foremans make? No college just tradesman. Look it up kid. Sorry you fell for the college meme.

Goldsmithing.

It's beautiful

Dad?

This faggot is full of shit. Everyone point and laugh.

Oy vey!

No, not like normal short order cooking. Not like short order cooking in a roach coach. But short order cooking in a roach coach, done really, *really* well.

Michelin rated techniques without all the faggot froo-froo bullshit, just to optimize the cheapest ingredients you can settle on, into a whole greater than the sum of their parts. Not just being the gyro guy or the beef brisket sandwich guy, but being the guy who can stock the menu with gyros, Philly steak grinders, beef quesadillas, meatloaf sandwiches, burgers, all from the same basic stock because you know goddamn meat and preparation. And then just have hot dogs as a sideline.

I can dream, damn it.

>a trade
>primary source of income

fucking yo mama gets me all kinds of cash OP

But then you call Ramsay a faggot when his whole schtick is Michelin finesse for simple food? And then you describe basic prep, and short order cooking the basic prep.
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Have you ever worked in a kitchen? Oh, you think good cooking is "faggot froo-froo shit". Maybe learn to cook and get work experience before you talk out your ass.

I'll give a start on real smiths then: Kunz Lochner made some fantastic fucking armor.

Carpentry, so I can make my own furniture.

food preparation

i dont mean like being a fucking chef to make yoru kids mac and cheese

i mean like chacuterie, dry curing/smoking fish, preserving jams,

wood working. just starting.
expensive to start but should be worth it.

If you can find a place that throws out scrap wood, you can get some free practice if you don't mind having shit you won't be able to display with pride.

I liked programming so I made it my job. What do I win?

Starting to study trading on the stock market recently. I've always been fascinated by it, especially since I watched Wall Street way back in the day.

Do it, it is fairly easy. You can convert any old wardrobe into a smoker, it is a lot of fun. Definitely try smoking salmon.
Another fun thing is growing vegetables and pickling them, as well as making your own liqueurs from berrys and fruits.

Metalworking (so damn useful no matter the situation and zombie status), restoring and building high end and antique furniture, gunsmithing. Maybe silversmithing because I have a fuckton of cheapo junk silver laying around and I could turn a hefty margin on it as various forms of jewelry and trinkets.

Please don't, just buy S&P 500 and diversify 30%ish with bonds/gold/silver/misc

A poorly shaped spine, sore head and eyes and general disdain for your own choices.

This

My cunt of an ex wife (no alimony and I kept the house, with a non like lawyer to boot!) pushed me into tech years ago. I went from apprenticing at HVAC to working office jobs during tech school. After I graduated with debt, I made shit no ey and sat around all day. The day I walked out on that cunt I walked into my office cuckjob and quit there too.
I make more now doing HVAC than I ever did in an office. I have the added benefit of being my own boss and not dealing with office politics bullshit.

This is a fun one and some people make a living off of it.

Personally I'd love to scuba with a metal detector where there used to be 15th-18th century ports/docks. Bet you'd come up with some sweet antiques and lots of silver coins.

In a few weeks I'm going to talk to the State Mine blacksmith in Lithgow about picking up the trade.

It doesn't make much money, but as long as I have enough money to live, I'm fine.

I've taken the /varg/pill so I aim to be self sufficient.

Lutherie. Would be nice to build my own musical instruments with all the specs I want.

I've been buying and selling guitar pedals off of craigslist for a profit, but it's out of my system now that I have all the pedals I want. What I really want to get into is woodworking, so I can make pedalboards to sell. Just selling some pedals at the moment so that I can buy some tools.

What's cool is that my dad is crazy handy but I've never really had anything in common with him until recently. So he's coming over this weekend to help me build a couple of pedalboards to help me get started. He might even pitch in to help me get my first few tools, he's an awesome guy.

Farming/gardening desu, and beekeeping at the same time, the two go together i guess

I've tried for years to grow enough to live on. So far, not enough to even make a full meal :(
I even studied plant physiology so I know the theory, I just suck at growing shit I guess

>What's cool is that my dad is crazy handy but I've never really had anything in common with him until recently. So he's coming over this weekend to help me build a couple of pedalboards to help me get started. He might even pitch in to help me get my first few tools, he's an awesome guy.

That's awesome. Both my grandfather and father were big on woodworking/making furniture in their spare times but it wasn't until a few years after they were both gone I realized I found it interesting and could have spent a lot of quality time with them and learning at the same time.

Also I once wanted to throw away a piece of furniture my grandfather had made for me when I was young and my father talked me out of it. Feel really bad about that now. Must have come across as an unappreciative and small minded idiot. I still have it and it's not going anywhere until I'm dead.

What are you trying to grow? It'll probably come down to the exact plant for outright productivity. My parents always have plenty of luck with beans and get enough out of less than a dozen vines, to be having a decent portion of them with every second meal for a month. The downside to more productive shit is always going to be that it's boring, and you can get it cheap from the supermarket anyway, and because it's boring there's not as much of a noticeable difference in quality or freshness anyway.

If you wanted to make it worth your while beyond being an enjoyable hobby, you'd probably need to get a proper sized market garden going and treat it as a bit of a job in itself.

>Hardwork

Lel

Genetic engineering isn't too hard if you have the right supplies. It's essentially following a recipe

Thank you for the advice.
Funny thing is, trying and failing already feels like a part time job but that's just the way it goes with the trial and error approach.

Blacksmithing, masonry.

I dont mind the dirty work and stuff but im not too quick on the uptake on handiwork and they tend not to like slow learners. That being said i did get a aerospace manufacturing core course done for whats it worth and dabbled a little bit there, nobody ever kept me though.

Is there a trade im missing out on? It doesnt have to be the most profitable career but i would like something that i can confidently do. Maybe something in the medical field like pharmacist or the person who fixes the machines.