Fukushima doomsday

Why the media blackout?

Is it because of over 530 sieverts being measured, no possible way to stop it, and it melting into the groundwater where it will flow out into the atmosphere and kill us all perhaps?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-HOgkzZc4Co
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklo
youtube.com/watch?v=hN7Zm8XO7Zc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

my nama jeff

Details or links pls?

>* Actually, an instant death would be ideal

I drink desal water from the ocean.
I have about 5 years to love max.

Thanks apathy.

>An instant death would be ideal

Easily the worst way to die. Nothing else is even in the ballpark.

>an instant death would be ideal
TFW

wow wtf

You, uh... don't know how radiation works, do ya?

> be fukushima
> leak radiation into ocean

> be highest radiated fish found so far
> 120% of background radiation

kek, alex jones on Sup Forums again

because it isnt happening and why are you posting measurements from the core of the melted reactor?

is he ok

Every robot they send inside to film "Melts". They just did another the other day.. This is literally 4X Chernobyl in our jetstream and nobody cares.

I'm actually doing my thesis in nuclear science. Radiation actually dissipates very quickly, once the radiation goes airborne it quickly becomes non-toxic, but trace amounts will be detected world wide. Same thing happened with Chernobyl.

you do realise 120% background gamma is nothing right?

when you are on an airplane you get exposed to 100 times background

t. tepcoidf

4x Chernobyl is still almost nothing. It could go to 400x Chernobyl and we'd still be ok.

yes they will have to add more hardening on them but the technology doesnt exist yet

>This meme

He was radiated to the point his DNA fell apart, his nerves were obliterated. He wouldn't have felt much, and he was "kept alive" in that he quickly fell into a coma and was sustained.

So not only did he not suffer much, he wasn't even concious for most of it.

roofucker education

Background story?

Spoke his last words a week after the incident and said something about not being a lab rat

Kept alive for 80 more days

Ouchi

that's why i posted it you 3rd world mongol

As I said I'm actually doing my PhD in nuclear science. Chernobyl was not dangerous to anyone except the local city. Radiation dissipates very quickly once airborne. This idea that a meltdown will send airborne radiation across the world and kill everyone is a fantasy. So is the idea of a dirty bomb. Radiation just doesn't work the way it does in movies and tv shows.

>Actually, an instant death would be ideal.
I know...

>400x Chernobyl ok
>phd
WEW

I smell a shill... either that, or you've been learning from industry shills.

Radiation will gradually build up and poison the planet if nuclear technology doesn't continue to improve, and that's undeniable.

Exactly, one week of dull sensation, slipping in and out of lucidity, then coma for the rest.

I'm not suggested what they did wasn't fucked up, or that it was a good way to go or that he didn't feel anything. But people always meme that it was the worst death of all time, of months of undescribable agony.

DO you have any figures for fukishima?

>Actually, an instant death would be ideal.

OK. Just done a home test from Osaka 0.09 micro Sv/h Using Air Counter-S. Guess I am safe for now!

You do realize all radiation eventually dissipates, right?

So it might only have been a week of suffering but still I think the ozzy is right about worst death

Lets just say, he got more than the Background.

1999, Japan, a couple workers accidentally created a critical mass of uranyl nitrate in a mixing tank, and irradiated themselves for a split second. This guy was leaning straight over the mixer when it happened. He lived for 83 days.

The other guy lived for seven months.

Yeah that's why Hiroshima is still uninhabited today wew lad

He went to Australia's beach to get a tan, fell asleep and was admitted to a hospital 1 hour later.

What happens when the melted core is in the groundwater and contamination spills into the ocean? How does this effect aquatic life and organisms?

Sure, we have to ban nuclear enrgy and fossile fuels. Only wind and solar are the fine. And then we can hold each other by hands and dance happily with daisy chains on our heads.

We are doomed, and it has nothing to do with the fact that we all going to die one way or another.

If you dumped 300 tonnes of pure radioisotope into the pacific ocean every day for 250,000 years you still wouldn't have as much radioactive material as just the potassium in that ocean.

>once the radiation goes airborne it quickly becomes non-toxic

radiation isn't toxic you absolute retard

He was called Ouchi poor lad

What kind of radio isotope? And it's not about mass of radioactive material. It's about amount of radiation released from said mass.

the local raditation levels are elevated but the pacific is so damn massive multiple catastrophes once it osmoses out wont be noticeable.

there are scientists out there to my surprise who bullshit people over this and say fukushima contaminated the whole pacific that did not happen.

I don't know much about radiation but I imagine if it does go into the ocean or into the air it wouldn't be much of a problem, it's only really a problem if fallout goes into the atmosphere.

>American 'scientists'
lmao

I didn't say mass, I was talking about mol.

What you say is true, there are a couple major release contributors which decay twice, like Cs-137 and Sr-90. Cs-134, K-40 and most others only decay once.

I ignored that for sake of simplicity - since there are naturally abundant isotopes which have far longer chains than this like Th-232 which decays 11 times before reaching a stable daughter.

Whole pacific is a stretch. But to say there is no contamination or no spread is just wrong.

It is still a big issue as the core has melted into the earth and is contaminating the groundwater.

So what is the decay time for the core? I'm no scientist but the nuclear core is not a natural thing, it has been manipulated and then underwent a meltdown.

Which is now melted into the earth and is active in the groundwater. Would you drink nuclear wastewater? Why is this not something that will affect marine biology in the surrounding area. And do we know what size that area of contamination and the radiation levels in those areas?

youtube.com/watch?v=-HOgkzZc4Co

>what is the decay time for the core
Literally forever? That's how half-lives work. The core has a few long-lived isotopes like U-238 which are radioactive but which have half-lives in the billions of years. But the half-life is inversely proportional to the intensity of the radiation. I.e. an equal amount of atoms of an isotope with a billion year half-life has one billionth the radioactivity of an isotope with a half life of one year.

>The nuclear core is not a natural thing
Sure it is, they found 16 naturally occuring reactors in South Africa. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklo

And either way, nothing happens in a nuclear reactor which doesn't happen in the ground in natural uranium deposits - a reactor just puts all the isotopes in one place and makes it happen faster and more usefully. Radioactive decay is so widespread that it is responsible for over 90% of the heat in the Earth.

>Which is now melted into the earth
I think you're under the impression that a nuclear meltdown just has a sludge of nuclear waste melting its way slowly to the core of the earth. That's... just not true. Depending on the design of the reactor the worst it could do is sit there and bubble away without coolant for a few hundred years until daughter products poison the reaction and it goes permanently subcritical, at which point it is as safe as any other high-level nuclear waste.

I'm not saying I would drink the stuff, I'm saying I would listen to professional advice on whether or not you should drink it and then proceed based on that. I'm also not saying it's going to be totally safe to eat a fish that was caught 100 yards from the spill zone, but the beautiful thing about volume is that it scales with the cube - If the contamination spreads 10 times as far, it becomes 1000 times less dangerous. So:
>Do we know what size that area of contamination and the radiation levels in those areas?
Hell yes. We know with *unbelievable precision*

youtube.com/watch?v=hN7Zm8XO7Zc

>Radiation will gradually build up and poison the planet

Remember, Sup Forums. These are the experts advocating against nuclear technology.

Wool cardigan, wool socks, problem glasses and probably a well off industrialist dad.

Well thanks for informative reply, I don't really have anything left to say.

What the fuck Oz my buddy at work always says that to me loose butthole dude shit gettin weird.
>tfw predicted fuka was the slow end of the world right after it happened, causing lower and lower IQ until everyone is niggers and nobody notices

Eh Nevermind I guess

>27:40

Does this guy ever get to the point or does he just comment bullshit over random video clips?

Well I ran out of characters before I could detail the extent - Simple answer is, the whole world is "contaminated". These are isotopes which have short half lives and so do not occur naturally in measurably significant abundance. They also have unique decay profiles which means that a single atom's decay can be detected and identified.

We detect this uptick in these "artificial" isotopes almost worldwide. It won't be statistically significant in the southern hemisphere because the Coriolis effect means wind and water patterns tend not to transport material between hemispheres but pretty much anywhere in the northern hemisphere you could detect above-background Cs-137, for example. Finding just two or three atoms of it would be above background.

As far as the important thing, "how dangerous is it", the answer is if you're living in Fukushima right now, "basically not at all". Assuming linear no-threshold is appropriate (an assumption the WHO does not currently back) the worst case scenario would be that a statistically significant uptick in a couple cancers i.e. leukemia could be detectable in the local population. Over a very extended period of time living there and drinking the water and eating the crops grown there it may be enough to cause a couple dozen cancers and kill a couple people out of the hundreds of thousands in the area. If some non-linear model of risk is appropriate, as is likely, it is much less dangerous even than this.

If you do not live in the immediate area, the risk is waaaaaaaaay below noise. *technically* you could get ONE atom of Sr-90 in your body, which COULD decay and COULD cause a mutation that COULD cause cancer that COULD kill you... But if you spread this amount of radioactive material around the world you're not even at a billionth of the background which we are exposed to every day. For example, the pacific ocean contains 2.8 x 10^13kg of K-40, a natural beta-emitter. Humans will never significantly increase that.

And is he really defending a nuclear disaster?

That is a sign of a mental disorder.

>I know nothing about radiation and can't understand explanations : the posts
Please read the Aussie's posts in these threads, at least.

No.
Fuck thunderfoot.
Just because he says women are dumb doesn't allow him the opportunity to justify a nuclear disaster.
If I wanted to fly around on a plane my whole life and accumulate the same levels of radiation, I guess I would and would be warned about it.
That's not the fucking point.

The point is that you don't understand how radiations work and you're not willing to learn how they work, while saying dumb shit that's besides the point like "Is he justifying a nuclear disaster?!!?"
Fuck you, read a book, dumbass

If it's that bad, then why are there still zipper heads alive on that island?

kek