Er bill

OK guys I'm completely conflicted. I mean I don't want to be taxed more than I already am. I'm paying 25% of my income and almost 10% in sales tax. So universal health care would just take more and I would be even more poor than I already am.

But here is the thing. Two weeks ago I broke my collar bone and my manager told me to goto he hospital. They took a few x-rays and gave me a sling. It took less than 30 min. Then I was back at work. We'll I don't have health insurance and I got the bill today. It is 9 dollars short of $700! I can barely afford rent or bills, now I got his shit. Wtf!

So it does kinda look like socialized Healthcare does look like a good idea. But I can't pay for shit as it is cause I get taxed so much already.

What is your ideas on all this? I wish I didn't go to the hospital and just looked online for an answer, but I wasn't sure it was actually broken till I got an x-ray. Fml.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MSrTnWDTdwI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is the most elaborate FakeBlue post I've ever seen.

That is fucking cheap desu. You are lucky they didn't jew you harder.

Here is the xray.

Just let your taxes pay for those poor bankers, CEOs, and warmongers

manlet lol

Well my family is a medical one, and my older sister said not to take any pain pills from them cause they cost like $80 a pill from the hospital. So I waited till they gave me a script for hydros and got it filled for $22 dollars.

I'm sure it could have been alot more.

just dont get insurance, the mandate is gone but the pre-existing clause remains. just get insurance if you get sick/hurt

If your manager told you to go, i assume it was at work. It should be workmans comp covering it. What happened David Brock not like one of your unfunny shareblue memes and hit you?

You have family connections in the med field? What kind of job do you work for now? The medical meme is lucrative even in shit tier positions.

It wasn't at work. It was from the night before work when I was skating. I thought it was a dislocated shoulder at first but then I showed my manager and she freaked and told me to go to the hospital.

I'm a college student working fast food. I guess I could try my hand at the medical field, but I have a record so I don't know if I could ever get hired.

I got an xray, mri and ultrasound all in one day when my knee swoll up here in Sweden. You know what I payed?
20 bucks.

Northwell?

>Cant afford $700
>Afford $100 a month internet bill

Well if the government didn't tax you 25% you probably could afford that bill in 2 paychecks.

and we have a 50% starting tax rate for it

So I should pay for your skating habit?

I'm using the neighbors Internet. We have a deal, I use their Internet and they use my trash. I only make one bag of trash every 3 weeks. And they can't get trash service for some reason.

See that's where u dun goofed. A real American would have faked it the first day back and then acted like it happened at work instead

Do you have a payment plan with hospital I.E. Pay in increments? That is what I did with my hospital when I broke my leg.

After skating for 21 years this is the first broken bone I ever got.

That's not how pre existing works. It means they can't not offer you insurance even if you already have something (cancer for instance). However the never had to and never will have to pay for an injury or sickness you incurred BEFORE you purchased the insurance. That's insurance fraud and works like that for pretty much all insurance. Otherwise you could not have car insurance and just buy it after you accident. Nb4 hur dur the doctor can't tell when you got injured. They will take you to court and beat you.

I will have to set one up with them. I am moving back home for the summer so hopefully I can get a decent job so I can pay this off and hopefully get enough money to fix my car.

More like 30%.

>hopefully get enough money to fix my car

dang, what the heck! Car repair sure is expensive, can't believe how expensive it is. I think car repair should be socialized.

not an argument.

Why should anyone other than you have to pay for your poor choices and accident. Also, being close to thirty and not working at a company that provides healthcare is just asking for life to happen.

Negotiate, call the hospital and tell them you can't pay for it. Offer to pay 40-50% upfront and there's a good chance they'll accept.

Well bad things happen in threes. My cousin shoots herself, my car breaks down, then I break my collar bone on my skateboard. Being a poor fag fuckin sucks.

The main reason you paid that much is because the gov't stifled the free market and reduced competition. Your solution is to then give them more or total control? You deserve to be homeless if you're that stupid and destructive to society.

That's a pretty cheap ER bill there, honestly. Also, the middle class doesn't need to be taxes any more. We could just stop letting (((the 1%))) leech off of the rest of society and make them stop hoovering up this nations vast amounts of wealth and keeping it for their kikeselves.

>paying hospital bills

well the amount you'd of paid in taxes would've been equivalent to what you need to pay now, probably higher, we need more competition in healthcare so the rates will go down, centralizing it would probably make it go up further then now. now it's an oligarchy, but with centralized it's be a monarchy...and knowing the government they'd probably impose a whole host of things if it was only them in charge of healthcare...

See this is where I'm conflicted. I don't want anyone burdened by my problems. But if there were a way that I could climb out of this shitty situation then I would take it.

Ad for being 27 and not having a good job it's cause I'm going to college. I started going to school after the army. This is why I am so old and still going to school. But I can't get a job more than minimum wage that will work with a college schedule.

>I'm paying 25% of my income and almost 10% in sales tax.

I'm paying 51% taxes on my income and 19% in sales tax and health care is still shit

$700 for a fracture is reasonable when other people pay 10k for a fucking IV drip. Pay it off bit by bit, negiotate.

Whoa, thats pricey. There's no way it actually costs that much. Resist the medical jew!

Over here I could have that stuff for free using state funded medical insurance, but I'd have to wait for an appointment for a week and then sit in line in a building full of old and poor sick people.
But since I have a job I would go to a commercial clinic and get better service in the same day for $100-150 or use insurance that my company pays for.

Well I am pretty damn close to being homeless with shit like this continuing to pile on me. I don't want the govt to hve more control. But if they are going to control it like it is then I want some help cause of their crap policies.

131.42 - 31.42(payroll tax)
100 - 32.12(average municipal tax)

1-67.88/131.42 = 48.5%

Ya, that is serious. $700 to not be disabled for the rest of your life is a good deal.

Socialized healthcare, at least every way that has ever been suggested in America just means forcing you to pay for your own healthcare, and all the neets and fatties healthcare on top of it. It is proven to be a bad deal for everyone who works, as the actually cost just goes up, or at best stays the same.

Socialized healthcare is not necessarily horrible, Canada does a decent job of it, but neither will it solve any of your issues with heathcare. Any fix of your systme has to first and formost set out to lower Doctors, insurers, and hospital's salaries. And then, if you want to foot the bill for all the neets, well at least the total bill will still be less than you would of paid just for yourself.

And what's worse is I can't get health insurance cause my job keeps my hours so low that way they don't have to offer any. So the whole mandatory insurance for over 32 hours screws me cause I can't work enough to make ends meat, and I can't work enough to get insurance through work. I'm fucked all the way around.

Top 1% pays 22.7% of total taxss
Top 10 pays 50
Top 20 pays 65.3
Top 40 pays 84.3

Bottom 40 pays 6.1
Bottom 20 pags 1.1

The rich overwhelmingly pay the taxes. You have been duped by the left into voting for redistribution, you stupid cuck

This is the cringiest shareblue attempt yet. Just stop.

If you keep spamming this shit, all the $.02 credits you get to your bank account will eventually pay your bill.

>I'm paying 25% of my income and almost 10% in sales tax.
Fucking child. My income tax is just over 40% and VAT is 23%.

Universal healthcare for a closed border faggots.

If America was just white I would support a single-payer system in a heartbeat

Medical costs have become artificially inflated due to the prevalence of the insurance industry itself.

It's government regulation reducing competition by raising the barrier of entry for competitors to enter the market. The current dominant firms are in league with the politicians. It's not insurance as a thing, it's the fact that the state has far too much power to intervene in the market.

>getting your bones repossessed in the night
scary

Maybe you should have saved some of your money if you didn't want to get insurance.

Should be easy with all the extra tax you aren't paying to pay for fat people's healthcare.

You are either retarded or disingenuous.
Healthcare demand is inelastic and providing it requires massive amounts of capital. There's no race to the bottom scenario even in your mythical free market because hospitals and pizzerias operate under completely different conditions.

When people seek to profit from it, it will be more expensive. Period.

Except people go bankrupt in the US even with insurance.

Who would have thought that a byzantine layer of private sector bureaucracy would make things more expensive?

These "medical bill" threads are old pasta.

I'm surprised they're being spammed again.

There are two doctors.

One offers to treat you for 5 dollars
The other offers to treat you for 3 dollars.
The 5 dollar doctor lobbies the govt to impose regulations that put the 3 dollar doc out of business and costs thr 5 dollar doc a little.
Now the 5 dollae doc can charge as much as he wants because the competitor no longer exists.

I thought nips were supposed to be smart? Govt creation of monopolies is basic econ.

Missing the point. Here in Norway, salaries match tax level. So that we have high taxes, but also high salaries. We even tax welfare recipients at 25%, so out of all the welfare spending we have, 25 is automatically added back into the system.

Also, tax brackets. It's not very complicated but I'm not confident in my fancy english tax and law words to explain it. I'm sure you can find some short youtube video to explain it.

Honestly, I would have it no other way.

so you had some other shit going before college and didn't think to save a pile of money?

Cool scenario. Maybe add a whistling and ukulele soundtrack to it and turn it into a "healthcare explained in 1 min" youtube video you fucking homo.

The level of technology involved in modern healthcare necessitates large amounts of capital which fosters monopolistic conditions anyway. You can't run a mom and pop radiology clinic that attracts bargain seekers.

You sound like you read the first chapter of a Thomas Sowell book, put it down, and decided that you were going to "own libtards with common sense." Neck yourself please.

Digits of truth.

The systems work where they are but to implement
them in America would be a drastic change that
would be opposed by people who don'tunderstand how it works
and everyone making a living from the healthcare lobbies and
systems of America.

Same here, NHS is shit, doesn't even include dental unless you are unemployed.

In fact you will find the NHS is only free for the people that don't pay into it, many of whom are (((Vibrant and diverse)))

You didn't saved, now get fucked

Wait, they don't have worker's comp in the US?

America really is a third world country.

Holy fuck that is a serious compound Fx.

Be happy they fixed you up and you got out without any damage to your brachial plexus.

I once had to pony up 1k after 2nd degree burns over my face from an oil fire.

I like to think my life was worth that much. In the end I lived and you'd never know half my face was burned off.

Ok, so the solution isn't to introduce competition, it's to give full control over to a monopoly with zero incentive for efficiency that gets all of its funding through violent appropriation. THAT sounds like it will lower costs and increase productivity!

They do, but (((companies))) will fight tooth and nail to avoid paying anything.

Before I came to Japan I was involved with many worker's comp cases. It was particularly nasty in fields like forestry and mining. People would be absolutely mangled by preventable accidents that management was too cheap to do anything about, and the businesses responsible would lock their pocketbooks shut. I had one old guy who literally had a gun pulled on him during negotiations with HR. These people are scum.

Competition isn't a panacea against costs. Being able to "shop around" for colon cancer treatment isn't going to do you much good when there is such a high capital barrier for any enterprise to compete in the first place.

Never mind the fact that it's inherently inefficient to compete over infrastructure in the first place. We benefit from competing burger brands because we have different tastes, but all humans are cured from a broken bone in the same way. Having multiple treatment "options" that all perform the same procedure is structurally redundant, especially when there might be no such option a few counties over.

National health winds up being cheaper in practice because it does away with massive amounts of private sector bureaucracy, uses its unparalleled purchasing power to address the high costs of equipment, and nixes the baked-in tax that is the profit motive.

This dude complaining about not free. Theres like small fees to pay for doctors visits and medicine.

You pay with taxes, taxes go to withhold stability of the state and community. You don't give a shit about your taxes, you pay them and reap the benefits by all the infrastructure and services available to you with minimal extra cost. We're talking like 25-50 dollars for an dr appointment or some small procedure. Most countries have a limit pr year, almost like a deductible limit. Where if you pay some 3-500 dollars in a year for medical expenses it's free the rest of the year.

I know someone who just had an extended stay with a very high number of very advanced procedures for a life threatening disease. Who's medical bill, in America would be several million dollars. All equipment was state of the art.
He didn't pay anything. His insurance covered the 500 dollar bill he got.

Kys
>being proud of something out of your control
How retarded can u be desu

> implies he was injured on the job
> still got a bill
> something doesnt add up

youre either lying or so stupid you didnt check the box "workers comp injury" on the admittance form.

either way, op prefers the company of men.

It's like this is a real problem!

youtube.com/watch?v=MSrTnWDTdwI

well played senpai.

only 25% income tax lol