Sam Harris

What does Sup Forums think of Sam Harris? Should I listen to the new Joe Rogan with him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n-z_GAygD7c&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=g8WhEJyCxpU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

'waking up' was interesting but he's an obnoxious and terrible writer

I'm seriously starting to think this jew is viral marketing himself

Sup Forums will hate on him but he redpilled a fuckload of otherwise Progressive people on Islam, & has decent stance on guns.

I think he's totally off the mark on trump but that's probably a mix of him getting his ego dragged in the mud around the election because he as a neurophysisist is overly focused on trumps personality.

He thinks a nuclear strike on the Muslim world is a reasonable option and I agree with him.

good in some ways
total shill fuckface when it comes to political reality and the mainstream media

Bring that up Jamie.

Wow, you really gotta just think, wow.

A one trick pony.
He is woke on the islam question, but hopelessly bluepilled on anything else.

I guess it comes with the territory. You can have only a single controversial idea when you are mainstream.

He doesn't think that at all. His claim is that, if a group like ISIS were to achieve not just statehood, but nuclear statehood, a nuclear first strike should be considered.

As for what I think about Sam Harris, I agree with him on Islam. However, I do not like how he is somewhat easy-going on kikes. Can't same I'm surprised.

I think he is pretty great. Whether you agree with him or not he is always respectful and brings his own specific perspective to the table. I don't get the feeling that Sam Harris just parrots things he hears. I have learned a lot from him, especially on how to debate with people about islam. He is much more articulate than me or any other anti-islam debater I have heard, and to be able to articulate your argument well brings the Great Red Pill

daily reminder

He's very intelligent but far, far left on everything except islam and he's an egomaniac. He's smarter than most people but he knows he's smarter than most people and frames every argument in overly-complicated terms and speaks in long ass sentences with 12 clauses in them

Harris said he doesn't believe in group selection during his second interview with Jordan Peterson.

Huh?

He did a service regarding Islam, but ultimately he is a Jew and he is terrified of the goyim really waking up. He just didn't like the approach the elites were taking with regard to using Muslims as a weapon against the West

Pseudo intellectual Jew who's whole schtick is "lol relijun is so dumb".

I used to really like him but its hard for me to take someone seriously when they would choose hillary over trump. Its fucking retarded.

He says the word "goyim" in the first minute of the podcast.

This. His (((fans))) are always going on about how smart he is and shit but there is very little evidence of that. He sounds like an anti-muslim basic bitch kike neo-con,

He'll be smart enough not to confront Joe so it will be a 2+ hours long circle jerk of them congratulating themselves for being to smart to vote for Trump. I say pass.

Check out his podcast episode with Dan Carlin though, Dan BTFOd him pretty hard on that one.

He is right on some things and pretty stupid with others he was a true hilldawg excused literally everything about her no matter what and believed any and every trump smear but he is right on islam and the left too.
youtube.com/watch?v=n-z_GAygD7c&t=0s

This. I know i don't have to agree with Sam on everything...but not seeing that Hillary is objectively worse than Trump is REALLY fucking hard to look passed.

>Spends a decade bitching about Christianity with his other faggy friends
>Acts shocked and appalled when the precepts of Christianity are slowly abandoned throughout the world and fundamentalist Islam rises to take its place

this.

the man is incredibly condescending and speaks down to people naturally. also he often argues against religion in the same manner i did when i was a teenager

>Sup Forums will hate on him but he redpilled a fuckload of otherwise Progressive people on Islam, & has decent stance on guns.

Nah, Sam is too petty and full of himself to appeal to anyone but atheist edgelords. Autism-is-Stoppable and Banana Man did more to redpill a lot more people on Islam.

Gotta fight radical anti-west Islam with radical pro-west Christianity, only way we'll win.

I like him a lot.

I love him because Cenk hates him. The bigger and more legit Sam gets, the sooner Cenk has another nervous breakdown.

Don't be fooled by appearances, he's a neo-con kike that only cares about is kikeland. Everything else is soft-spoken rhetoric tricks to justify whatever position better suit Jewish interests. Listen to him and he'll have you fight another ZOG war.

A subversive kike undermining the Christian foundation of society in white countries? Whoah, color me surprised.

This

he's a douchbag blowhard who doesn't really know a god damn thing about philosophy.
"The Moral Landscape" is a piece of shit. His book on free will is worse.
No self-respecting philosopher would sit there and try and do theoretical physics without any training in the field.
But Harris is all MUH ATHEISM and MUH SCIENCE and says a bunch of shit that sounds good only to people who don't know shit about philosophy.
take it from me, I'm a professional.
I have a PhD in Philosophy

>I'm a professional.
>I have a PhD in Philosophy
if all you have is a PhD you're in no position to call yourself a professional, come back when you're a professor

>ride the coat-tailed of the new atheist movement to stardom
>write some shitty "philosophy" books
>his fans speak of him as though he's a genius
I really don't get the appeal.

Why are you spreading SJW lies?

>I have a PhD in Philosophy
Get a load of this barista cuck

Ham Sarris is a scholar and a saint who will be remembered for eons and every epoch

Sure, but he hates Trump. Watch for his loaded use of the word grotesque, his comparison to Obama regarding the truth (keep in mind Obama's red line in Syria comment). Later when he talks about questioning Trump's fitness during a 9/11 style attack, he literally starts with 9/11 emergency and ends talking about civil rights (a non-sequitur). He says he's above being partisan, but I seriously doubt it given the loaded and emotional words he uses to describe Trump (Grotesque) and the way he can't adequately compare Trump and Obama.

During the interview, he notes following an NYTimes journalist on Twitter who continuously slams Donald Trump, he holds this journalist up, but this is just evidence of an Anti-Trump echo chamber. I seriously doubt he follows a pro-Trump identity (like Stephen Miller or Corey Lewandowski for example) on twitter because the man is in his own echo chamber.

He is literally following an NYTimes journalist when the NYTimes itself chastised its election coverage. At least Sam noted the NYTimes devolved into an anti-Trump opinion rag, opinions people nobody gives two shits about, which actually destroyed their credibility during the election.

Guess what Sam, your own credibility is being called into question. The only nuanced thing you said about Trump, that couldn't be considered vitriolic, was in concession to Ben Harris.

Sam on Trump is garbage. It is neither even handed or level headed.

I'm finishing it up right now.

This. When he was on the Rubin show, he was openly flirting with the Redpill when he started talking about how Ashkenazi Jews might be genetically predisposed to hording wealth. He clearly believes in racial realism and a genetic determinism but he has yet to show his power levels. Probably a wise thing too, considering the left is on a which hunt for anyone who doesn't believe in racial egalitarianism.

Somebody does it for him, and they aren't doing it for free.

This. When he was on the Rubin show, he was openly flirting with the Redpill when he started talking about how Ashkenazi Jews might be genetically predisposed to hording wealth. He clearly believes in racial realism and genetic determinism but he has yet to show his true power levels to the public yet. Probably a wise thing too, considering the left is on a witch hunt for anyone who doesn't believe in racial egalitarianism

>he was openly flirting with the Redpill when he started talking about how Ashkenazi Jews might be genetically predisposed to hording wealth. He clearly believes in racial realism and genetic determinism but he has yet to show his true power levels to the public yet. Probably a wise thing too, considering the left is on a witch hunt for anyone who doesn't believe in racial egalitarianism
it's not about showing his true power, it's that he believes that no good can come from such knowledge

Your boy Ryan Dawson has you covered

youtube.com/watch?v=g8WhEJyCxpU

He's a neocon and Zionist apologist. Fuck Sam Harris.

t Australian Arab

Exactly, it's not about if he's right or wrong at the end of the day, it's about having that conversation, and anyway, he's always said if he's wrong he'll re-evaluate based on muh logic and reason. He's still human, he admits it all the time. Maybe it's because he has quite an alien-like distance that could sound aloof and his diehard fans are frustrating because they don't think he can put a foot wrong --- but the man just wants an open dialogue, which is a lot more than what is currently going with the MSM.

I've been 'following' him since about 2008 and been around the block a few times, I disagree and agree with him on other points, but I'm just glad he's doing what he's doing.

I'd probably be the whitest person you've ever seen in your life unless you've met an albino. Everything I said is true, Sam Harris is a neocon shill, he's a Zionist and he's a moron.

I just wish he would bring someone on the podcast who can legitimately defend Trump. He actually says "in order for someone to come on this show and defend Trump in any convincing way, they have to defend everything he's said". That's such a ridiculous bar to have, considering he has only brought neocons on the show who will say, "Well I've been a Republican since Reagan but Trump is a buffoon, also Mexicans are great and we need more". Even though Ben Shapiro doesn't like Trump I would still love to see them two talk about him, because Harris falls into a lot of the traps that Ben points out constantly. Even molymeme would be better than the spineless fucks he has on there to defend Trump. Harris has just lost his mind with all of this and anything Trump-related sends him into a spiral of ad-hominem attacks and incoherent rambling.

>I just wish he would bring someone on the podcast who can legitimately defend Trump

i don't think such a person exists user

Even Scott Adams could do a better job than the faggots he's had on to "give the other side's perspective". He isn't even trying and he knows it.

This.

He may as well debate Terry Schiavo.

Also, checked.

Well spoken, used to be respected by liberals before criticising islam was taboo.

Has a moderate stance on most things but is a great debubker of islamic peace myths.

Respects people and infiltrates leftwing arenas. Pretty sure he voted shillary though.

You're right about this, I appreciate the Harris but he definitely seems to have fallen into anti-Trump 'hysteria'.

Although I think a conversation with Shapiro could be chaotic -- Shapiro's approach of analyzing what is good and bad about Trump is much more grounded in political realism than straight-up bawwww-ing about it - we've already seen this way is just polarizing, makes both sides sound completely unreasonable, and doesn't come close to tackling any issue/s because it's grounded in dogma.

Disappointing desu

He's very salty about Trump. It kind of reminds me of Frank Grimes because his main gripe about Trump is he believes someone with Trump's credibility and asshole behavior should not have his success.

He bashes Trump with blatant lies and Joe lets it slide because he can't debate for shit, even if he knows the facts of the situation.

Joe Rogan and Sam Harris make for great listening.

The Bad
1. Fell for the Russian hacking meme
2. Has an upper class liberal mindset on Trump, he literally can't comprehend how Trump got elected
3. Actually thought Hillary Clinton was a "Realpolitik" candidate
4. Said that even if race and IQ were linked we shouldn't study or acknowledge it because "nothing good" will come of it

The Mixed
Sam Harris and Jordan Peterson are so close to each other but they get into hours long arguments of nitpicking.
He fails to recognize that you can't make just anything religious and that his idea of a scientific morality still relies on Darwinian presuppositions, but he did BTFO JBP on reading too much into a story.

The Good
1. Recognizes Islam as a threat
2. Gives great rundowns on A.I
3. Is putting a modern effort to solving the void of nihilism

Much like JBP, if you follow the methods of living that Sam Harris puts out, you will become a happier and more purposeful person regardless of political ideology.