How hard would it be for Spain to actually capture the rock?

How hard would it be for Spain to actually capture the rock?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbot_War
theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/apr/05/woman-found-dead-in-bristol-feared-deportation-after-brexit-vote
youtube.com/watch?v=AcWhc6UF75Q
youtube.com/watch?v=ZMLI2X01jT4
youtube.com/watch?v=UyFwViOiAqY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It would be extremely painful.

Mordern conflict isn't going to break out over this fucking rock.

Neither side wants it that fucking bad.

you're a big country

4 U(K)

That all depends on how badly the UK wants it back. I doubt armed conflict would even happen if Spain annexed the rock.

If it did, they could make it extremely difficult for the British. The entire rock is well within artillery range from the Spanish mainland, and any way to drop troops into it by sea or land can be blocked effectively by medium range missiles.

May would go full thatcher and threaten to nuke madrid

Argentina defeated Spain and England defeated Argentina

I just want a happening

Yeah it all depends on how far May is willing to go for that rock. Since she's a woman and therefor irrational, that would probably happen.

And then the Russian dead hand switch on the south pole goes off, and the whole world ended because of a stupid monkey rock.

>mfw

It would be difficult, but I doubt they'll chimp out and try to annex it. That would cause them a host of problems. It's just posturing.

>Hey Spain, leave our rock alone and in return we won't support Catalonia leaving

Why am I so much smarter than the British Foreign Office?

As hard as my boner for you ;)

If I take that rock will you die?

You wouldn't even have to do that. Spain, whatever its martial virtues, doesn't have the military potency and economic base necessary to sustain an armed conflict with the UK. The Brits are substantially stronger than the Spanish. It'd be Falklands 2.0, easily the most lopsided victory in European military history.

It would be extremely controversial.

The UK is currently incredibly divided with Brexit and Scotland kicking off again, basically a war would be the perfect thing to unify the population so it would be stupid of Spain to do anything

Capturing the rock isn't the issue, it's holding onto it.

For TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

yeah if the spanish occupy gibraltar then all bets are off.
i bet merkel will declare war on the uk and try to solidfy germany's hold on the rest of the eu.
china will use the opportunity attack taiwan and blockade the south china sea. the u.s. will be dragged into that.
russia and india will sit back and find themselves the beneficiaries of being non-combatants.
it will be an epic happening.

It all depends on the position of France and Germany.

is gribraltar on UK or spain time zone?

UK wont do anything. Spain wont do anything. It is jsut something a british politician made up, followed by trash media as The Sun and Daily Mail.

Literally no one gives a shit about it so everyone can keep up with their lives.

France and Germany are not going to go to war with UK over a rock

Probably 90% chance you're right, but people said that sort of thing 6 months before the Falklands were invaded

European time.

>Close borders
>Wait for it to collapse

Spain still has around 150 fighter jets. Eurofighters and F18 Hornets. It's also well-equipped to attack ships.

In a long all-out conflict, England would probably win. But at a huge cost. It will never be worth it.

I wonder if a pointless war would unify anything. Can you even afford it right now?

All bets are off in this timeline

>If Spain invades Gibraltar then the UK declares war, then Germany declares war on the UK, then Greece leaves, allies Russia and attacks Turkey, then Russia annexes Ukraine, then Finland annexes Russia, then Sweden implodes, then Romania is blitzkrieged by Moldova, then Hungary invades Moldova, then Latvia sells potatoes to all of them, then Estonia is atheist, then Germany is blitzkrieged by the Czech Republic, then Poland annexes Slovakia and Lithuania commits suicide.

uk is one of the strongest worlds military powers and spain is a collapsing poverty ridden worthless shithole so attack on gibraltar would be suicide

i do think gibraltar is spanish and brits have nothing to do there and should fuck off, but reality is reality

This guy is right. There was never a question of annexing anything, was there? But there was a question of what happens to the people in Gibraltar when their country leaves the EU. They will need to get visa to go grocery shopping.

Do you honestly think the Spanish would try that though? Their army is half the size of the UK's and nowhere near as well trained. It'd be stupid for them to go to war over a fucking rock.

I mean people said the same about the Argies but I think they just expected us not to do shit and banked on their geographical advantage to save the day.

Easy as hell. It would not be worth it though. The EU would turn against Spain for inciting war, and they would have a multitude of restrictions placed on them and may even be invaded by EU armies.

Not worth it for a rock. Look at the shit Russia got into over Crimea, but at least that is a decent area of land and not LITERALLY A ROCK.

Nobody's going to try anything, really.

They may have - but they have very little actual battle experience. Where as the UK for no real reason apart for Keks has spent the past 15 years tearing up the middle east.

You are right though it would not be worth it.

The other thing is Spain just would not do it as Gibraltar only has value for financial services because of its ties to the UK - Spain has its own shitty enclaves in Africa that it could turn into financial hubs but they obviously do not know how.

>The EU would turn against Spain for inciting war
No they wouldn't, the EU would support Spain. Like they have done before.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbot_War

EU are treacherous scum

Why you guys are so focused in this theme? I haven't seen a single newscast talking about this in the last days.

>capture the rock?
why?

Spain, as a soberaign country will place his conditions for a healty relation with them (free trade but also fair trade, as Trump says)
if the UK screech to much about the conditions and the lose of privileges the fence will be closed, and that is all.
The UK will be independent of the EU and Gibraltar is part of the UK, so go enjoy your freedom.

because, lets be clear, the UK can't manage a closed Gibraltar for an extended period of time without a massive hole in its economy
there was a reason for them to vote almost 100% to remain in the EU.

Everyone likes playing armchair Generals, Diplomatic core and political strategists just for keks

theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/apr/05/woman-found-dead-in-bristol-feared-deportation-after-brexit-vote

>Would rather be dead than go back to Spain
Really activated my almonds.

>there was a reason for them to vote almost 100% to remain in the EU.

This. Having closed borders really sucks a country the size of a postage stamp. And then there's angry middle-aged people in Britain that ruin your country by voting Brexit.

If I was Gibraltar, i'd even go for independence and stay in the EU.

She would have been GARROTE VIL'D :^)

Good, cause we are full.

>Independence
>Being ruled by the EU

We are waiting for our fifth column moor-arab brothers to take over Britain.

>Germany
>Wanting white Europeans dead
No change there then.

Only if you recover those Prussian lands

>Spain declares hostilities
>Squaddies on vacation finish their Sangrias and leave the clubs and bars
>Barcelona and Madrid are technically under military occupation five minutes after the declaration

youtube.com/watch?v=AcWhc6UF75Q

>Gibraltarians
>English

Literally 'we wuz inglesee n shiet paioo'

Is Rathjen really a Frisian name?

keep dreaming ,you pirate

Very.

They send a couple bombers full of bacon and watch the quintessential Brits scatter.

Sounds pretty fair to me, m80. You guys take the island, we'll take El Medano.

The battlefield woud literally be in Spain, which gives a tremendous advantage for logistics.

And France would probably forbid UK the use of their airspace, just to fuck with the Anglo.

that's what you think
Gibraltar is extremely important and it's no longer under (((EU))) control

Its possibly the best defended piece of real estate on Earth.

So basically impossible considering Spain doesn't have a fighting force for all intents and purposes.

> How hard would it be for Spain to actually capture the rock?
Not hard at all. The hard part is to keep it.
Probably the easiest way would be to bribe Gibraltards leader, which is most likely what we'll end up doing. Then he'll convince them monkeys to have co-sovereignty, or have a special status or some shit like that.

They won't go to war over their wives being raped by millions of invaders, so yeah, I doubt they would do anything remotely dangerous for the sake of clay or principles.

Absolutely not. Why?

>Spain
>Money

>go for independence and stay in the EU
Dude...

What a fucking disgrace

Isn't that code switching? They do that alot in Gibraltar.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZMLI2X01jT4

which would cause Germany, Italy and other major european nations to acquite nuclear capability.

So, they are basically self-hating Spanish who think of themselves as "British" because they think it sounds cooler ?

>you won't do that anyway because of Scotland

>the spanish occupy gibraltar
user its actually worse.
You might not know it but most of the people who live there have Spanish names and speak Spanish with southern accent. To the point it is ridiculous to claim their bongness.
They also go the other side of the verge when they need to go to the hospital, and many live in luxury houses in Spain.
So we can say that even if the rock is bong soil, the people there are mostly Spanish pretending to be bongs because they are better off atm.

>If I was Gibraltar, i'd even go for independence and stay in the EU.
that was Fabian Picardo's plan (Chief Minister of Gibraltar).
He wanted to be an independent country inside the EU as a puppet state of the UK.
Something like a new Monaco with all cost covered by the UK.

Spain offering the shared co-sovereignity in 2016 was an answer to that pretention.

No they are half breeds, half English half Spanish. 300 years of Anglos and Spics mating together and you end up with Gibraltarians.

May is LARPing as Thatcher, and think mentionning "We ready to wor, muhfuggah" will make her sounds as tough.

What's funny is that the Spanish fishing fleet is gonna be kicked outta the North Sea due to brexit
Maybe they could retro refit their fishing boats into attack ships to repeal boat migrants and the upcoming Turkish assault on Europe

TELL ME ABOUT SPAIN

WHY DOES IT HAVE THE BASQUE?

that's because you're a moron. germans didnt lift a finger over rapes because the elites were not bothered and the media told them that it's a-okay and to suck it up. if the german elites decided to go to war with the UK over that and the media were going full court press, you can be sure that the millions of go-alongs here would obey.

ultimately, germans are spineless and will always go with the perceived majority. (that's how hitler consolidated power so quickly, btw.)

It doesn't matter who we are. What matters is our plan

>under (((EU))) control
There are like 5 synagogues there and almost the same number of masonic lodges.
Literally the Spanish lodges were branched off of Gibraltarian ones.

So if any place is jewed it is this one.

Not hard at all, a small detachment of 2,000 regulars could take it without firing a single shot. What I wonder is how would the British retake it?

>upcoming Turkish assault on Europe
lel

has spain even won a modern day battle before?

They couldnt retake by force, they could if spanish economy is struggle by a long war.

Easy to capture. Impossible to keep.

I SWEAR ON ME NAN, IF YOU TRY TO FAAKIN' 'AVE MY ROCK, I'LL HIT YOU SO 'ARD, THEY WONT NEED TA BURY YA GUVNA'.

MY UNCLE RONNY PICKERING WILL HIT SO SO 'ARD, YOU'LL WAKE UP AND YER CLOTHES'LL BE OUT OF FASHION MATE.

Impossibly so. Their military is shit tier.

Won't they make all the sunburnt retired Brits POWs?

youtube.com/watch?v=UyFwViOiAqY

It survived a 3 year long siege and can survive another one.

Capturing the rock would be relatively easy. Holding it would be the real issue

>They couldnt retake by force,
>t. everyone other than britain in 1982

Isnt that rock full of tunnels ?

TIM-FUCKING-POSSIBLE *^_^*

rerooll

>you're driving on the wrong side of the road you snail eatin poofs.

Dunno, for me, that's the best line in the movie. Sounds like something my dad would say.

10/10 would watch again

I don't think so. Having the mainland it is easy to keep it.
The surroundings are very populated and an amphibious British force would have a hard time landing and subsequently fighting in a urban environment.

Parachuting wont be an option from the beginning since even small flak would endanger the operation, let alone enemy land based planes.

You would need a large navy (WW2 scale) to blockade the strait and at the same time achieve air superiority from maybe airfields in Morocco.

Currently the UK isn't prepared to take on an enemy country of its size. Then there are the trident subs, but you can't use these weapons without getting into history books as a genocidal maniac.

This scenario is very unlikely at the moment since the burgers, which have large bases in the area, won't allow the situation to scale that much.

This. They may hold for a while but it's just a matter of time before the U.K. curb stomps them. They have proven this again and again. The last war Spain had was against themselves. If we also consider the fact Spain doesn't even have a functioning government I don't see much happening other than jaw jaw jaw. I wish something would kick off but it probably won't.

Backstab?

>Falklands
>believe that spain is argentina lmao

Any western euro nation have fine special forces, good trainning and tecno.
No conflit will ever happen. But in an hypothetical and fanciful scenario of something happening, uk would have an advantage in the sea, but It could never invade spain, or they would suffer considerable casualties, and neither Spain could invade the uk.