Why don't we tax the 1 percent 90 percent of what they make?

Why don't we tax the 1 percent 90 percent of what they make?

Other urls found in this thread:

taxfoundation.org/summary-latest-federal-income-tax-data-2015-update/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because what stops them from moving themselves and their assets to another country?

The 1% threshold isn't as high as you think. How about hanging Soros, then seizing all his assets instead?

Thread/
>Be 1%
>Realize you can make 5 times as much money by moving to another country
>Libtards starve because nobody has the money to pay for their gibsmedats

You know shit is fucked up when a middle class household income puts you in the top 5%.

> Top 5%: $159,619

because they would leave and then we'd get no tax money from them.

quick someone checkem

that's what happened under eisenhower (except it were de facto 70%)

You can only eat the rich once.

Because how would you do that? If you try to take 90% of their shit away they'll just use 1% of it to pay someone else to shoot you in the face.

Punishing success is exactly what leads to gulags and mass genocide.

Because Trump would pay too much. Are you crazy man!?

You sir are grounded. No college or health care for you!

The top 1% pay like 40% of the income tax revenue.

Because taking more than half of what people earn is immoral.

Feel the Bern

Its not fair to take someones money away just because you are jealous that they make over 500k a year. There is a map that shows the top 1% in each state. In WA state its something like 475k a year. These all arent billionaires or people making millions per year. 475k is a lot but if you took away 90% of it these people would be fucked and not able to invest in local businesses or do anything really. People would leave the US and there would be no drive to do business here.

oh shit theres the map i was talking about. Good thing I didnt read two posts down before posting.

because we're not commies. we already pay like 70% of the world's taxes anyway.

tax the 0.01 percent.

the warren buffets, the bezo's the koch's of the world. they are all anti white anyway.

or my new favourite word, they are all loxist fucks anyway

we used to, it was called "The New Deal" and it was bullshit

Because that's theft and unfair as fuck you economically illiterate idiot

This.
The sad truth is that most people are just a resource hog and will never make a net positive contribution to society. "The rich" already do aliment them, if you tax them even further the only thing you achieve is that you make society even less productive because you redirect resources from those who use them in a productive way to those who do nothing but consume.

What I would support though are stronger regulations on the stock market. Shouldn't be allowed to bet against companies or countries and thus against the livelihood of your fellow men.

don't tax what they make; tax what they already have

Where's Bernie Sanders?

Inb4 some commie argues that success is made by oppressing the labor.

top bracket plays 39.6%, and that's before deductibles. Not saying it's not a lot, but lets not inflate it to be silly.

Commies are a real threat these days on /pol

you dont get any tax money from them as is.

I can confirm that what anons are warning you about (rich people/industries leaving) has happened in the biggest industry of my country. Some idiot decided to tax and regulate heavily the Greek shipping industry several decades ago. The result? They are doing their thing under non-Greek flags ever since. Thus we lost what we could be getting from them.

Using Mr. Shekelstein's money for the good of the American people violates the NAP you filthy communist. Now get back to work.

It's bad enough that the rest of the country has to rely on the rich at the current rate they are being taxed. Sooner of later you have to take a step back and re-evaluate how you're spending your tax revenue. A creeping normality (in this case, the highest tax bracket) eventually makes it possible for a sudden collapse in the future. This is something that your typical leftist will never realize, as they are incapable of thinking that far ahead and delaying they're own gratification in the present.

>you dont get any tax money from them as is.
That's where you are wrong. Because you fell for the commie memes about who the 1% actually are. That label extends to way lower wages than you assume, you don't need millions or billions of income to belong among them.

ask Hollande why not

damn. Montana being so high tells a lot about the state, seeing as it has about the population of my hometown times five. Must be an actually comfy place

>Because what stops them from moving themselves and their assets to another country?

US Army

Yeah, it's the same in Germany. We take in record numbers of tax revenue year after year, yet we are still running at a deficit (if you remove all the (((semantics))) that try to hide spending).

And yet people never stop and think about the fact that something is clearly going very very wrong when no matter how much money is pumped into the system via taxes, it is never even remotely enough.

More taxes = more stagnant economy.
Regardless if its a billionaire or a dude working at wendys. Higher taxes stagnates the economy because people are less likely to spend/ give when so much is already being taken from. Also, the government SUCKS at using resources effectively y.

it is the top .1% the left hates when it is put into context, and the right is not fond of many of them either.

{{Justification needed}}

that would be anti-semitic

the country they moved their shit to has shit in it we want

thats all the justification we need, also spread the bounty among the troops accepting the missions. they can bid on each mission like a contract or not participate if they choose, just like the good old days in Prussia

The ultra wealthy already don't pay taxes, they hoard their money in overseas tax havens because if you have enough money you can write whatever laws you want. Jesus, how old are you?

taxfoundation.org/summary-latest-federal-income-tax-data-2015-update/

> The top 1 percent (1.3 million filers) paid a greater share of income taxes (37.8 percent) than the bottom 90 percent (124.5 million filers) combined (30.2 percent).

Yeah, brilliant. 'Libtards', even though it is overwhelmingly conservative states that take the most welfare by a large margin. There is more to politics than the two party system, grow up

Tax the top .3% 90% and I'm good bruh.

why dont we tax the 99% 90% of what they make?

Break it down by county, instead of by state.

Instead of the 1% investing in their interests ie do the most for their money ie funding the most efficient and profitable entities (entities the consumer likes)
You'd have the (((Government))) allocating those resources. Western Governments must be (((fair))) and heed (((equality))) when funding programs. Figure out the rest fuck nugget

>implying the 1% doesn't pay almost 50% of all taxes in the US
>implying the 43% of people in the US who pay zero or negative taxes every year aren't the ones who don't pay their fair share
M A X I M U M B L U E P I L L

Why don't we just kill 'em and take their shit?

It'll happen eventually.

It's already happened hundreds, if not thousands of times throughout history on this planet.

>1% then purposely bankrupts himself and company to fuck over the government

It's what I'd do

Gas chambers?

Why the fuck would you invest into us assets with a 90% tax.

Its already 25-50%

If a parasite feeds on the host too much it risks its own well being

why don't you get a job and stop being such a fucking loser

>user hasnt googled history and sanctions himself
>7 seconda later usd dips 75% in value, country has 90% unemployment and hunger games style deathmatch food.

Overwhelmingly conservative states are that way because they have so many niggers. See the entire south...

fuck jobs, cuck

Still doesn't amount to the magnitude of money that should be flowing through their pockets.

Oh look, a leaf with retarded opinions.

If the US had a 95% flat tax with no exemptions ((((they'd)))) still find a way to bitch about fair shares.

Ok, I'm game.

Why don't you let me fuck your wife?

>they hoard their money in overseas tax havens

those havens need bombing

>it is overwhelmingly conservative states that take the most welfare by a large margin

are you talking per capita or what? I want to get rid of farm subsidies but it's hard to imagine a state needing more federal payout than California or New York,

% then purposely bankrupts himself and company to fuck over the government

good plan, we're taking their property also

they can fuck right off and die

seconda later usd dips 75% in value

it's valued falsely anyway, nobody is scared of speculators, all the ones who know how to work the machinery are dying

the new ones are inbred and retarded

Because fuck you and your faggot Marxist friends, that's why.

I'm a doctor making 275k a year, I take home like 120k after tax and overhead. If I only took home $27500 I'd say fuck working 70 hour weeks and move to Peru to do cocaine and farm llamas

Also, the 1% didn't work for it. Its mostly inherited. Which means rich people are weebos and they direct us to do their bidding.

Would you do the bidding and live your life for a billionaire Sup Forums fag? This is America's dilemma.

Fucking this. Traitorous porky scum. Castro literally did nothing wrong.

Yes fellow guys, we should not tax the 1%, as they are the job creators, trickle down economics, and Reagan said so too! The tax dollars we do currently get should go to Israel though.

You fucking monkey

>Make 275K/yr
>Take home is 120K/yr
>Average tax rate: 56% average tax rate

Nigga, what shithole do you live in? Even in Commutario, it's less than 45%.

>Also, the 1% didn't work for it. Its mostly inherited
The "1%" term is amount of income per year, not overall wealth you retard.

Except for that whole turning one of the most beautiful countries on Earth into a murderous, repressive totalitarian shithole while personally living like a modern-day king as his people suffered and starved thing.

The 1% are people who make around 100-500k who work like 80-100 hours a week.

You want to tax the 0.1% these are the parasites NOT the 1%.

Reported income.... You meant reported income and yes My post does apply, you feral gypsy.

They don't have jobs with income.

>people are not entitled to the fruits of their labour

And what exactly would you do with your new found fortune? Give it to people who don't want to work?

>All the rich faggots with decades of lineage in the US leave
>The rest of the 300 million get to work because factories are needed again due to less tax money coming in to the White House
>Fucking perfect

Not only do we bring back the age of conveyor belt jobs at factories, but we get rid of all the rich narcissistic faggots tanking the economy and hoarding money in Swiss banks.