ALIENS

last nights thread went by with some decent discussion,what if we aren't alone but everybody else is "gone"?

what if we find evidence that there WAS life on another planet but the inhabitants are nowhere to be seen?

would that be more terrifying then if they were outright hostile toward us

Other urls found in this thread:

jamescamerononline.com/TheAbyssFAQ.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nah I think were one of the first civilizations, everyone else is just not there yet.

There's obviously no alien life anywhere by and they definitely aren't aware of earth, now let's all get some sleep I'm sleepy

shit is too far away
/thread

What if one of the many ancient proto-human species returned to the ocean (like whales) and continued evolving there?

Huge eyes because of low light deep under water. Thin, hairless bodies for aquadynamics, etc.

What if their technological evolution paralleled ours instead of being exponentially more advanced?

Sure, they might be more advanced in some areas, and could be less advanced in others given different environments.

Look at the commonalities. Right after WWII, when we had been having major naval battles sinking ships and planes all over the world, testing and using nukes, and just as we're developing the technologies that will eventually allow us to travel into space, 'aliens' start being sighted all over the place. Their ships crash at Roswell and several other places, just like a lot of our rockets and planes and satellites do while we're testing them. Their governments may be keeping us a secret from most of their population to avoid panic, just as ours would with them. Some of their people would still be discussing the few planes and rockets we crashed into the oceans near them.

We're trying to go from the surface into space; they're trying to go from deep underwater to the surface. For the same reason people spread everywhere--curiosity.

Maybe they even reverse engineered our tech and decided going to the moon wouldn't be that much more difficult than going to the surface, explaining the shit reported by some astronauts.

I've always thought that more likely than aliens with the tech to fly across the universe coming here to wreck some cows and stick things up a few redneck's assholes. Plus, if they're that advanced, why the fuck are they crashing their spaceships all the time? Drunk flying?

I am almost 100% sure that there are other life forms out there. The universe is just so incredibly and unimaginably big, there has to be life somewhere.

Some one post the nigger alien meme

WE WUZ ALIENS

yeah someone post that nigger alien meme

go back to /x/ you fucking nigger
sage

There is a somewhat similar theory that the Greys are us from the future. Larger brain, but frail body from depending on technology too much, and large eyes from living in space or having an atmosphere clouded with pollution. They could be coming back to take DNA samples from before they fucked up their own genome with modifications or it just got corrupted somehow over time. I hope not, I'm not sure I like those fuckers, it would be a shame if that was our future.

Aliens are political, they would be the single most political thing ever if we have disclosure. Sorry we are sliding the blacked and cuck threads that you enjoy.

Why would they develop smaller bodies? The energy/nutrient cost of maintaining a large body AND a large brain would not be prohibitive considering that we are currently experiencing an obesity crisis with much less advanced technology. If anything, we will eventually genetically engineer ourselves to have both stronger bodies and stronger minds, although some people will have to be designated manlets for certain jobs where small size is an advantage (astronauts, fighter pilots, submariners, midget hookers, etc.)

It's not so small we couldn't detect the huge heat signs left by FTL ships if there were any.

>small
Mean to say far away. I'm listening to a video about Pluto

the problem is that we aren't looking, donate to SETI organizations

I imagine it would be like atrophy from disuse of muscles over the generations. We just wouldn't need them if we could strap on an antigravity belt to walk or float around, and lift things with antigravity gloves. Obesity could be solved in a single generation with genetic engineering. And we might only be able to genetically modify and clone away for a certain extent of time until the collective genetic code gets so corrupted that we can't figure out how get it working right again outside of frail shitty bodies. That's why they would be stealing genetic material from the current era.
Source: my ass

FTL will never exist. It's sci-fi bullshit.

>Muh physicists

There's not enough energy locally, or ways to contain and harness it, to sustain that sort of output. Then there all sorts of problems like Hawking radiation, etc., that'll be impossible to solve.

Just stop. The only hope is colony ships, which will take centuries and centuries to go anywhere, if they survive deep space and the people don't go mad and ruin the whole thing.

There's probably intelligent alien life out there, but we're all too far flung and unable to overcome the natural forces of the universe that if we're lucky we'll get radio blips from each other one day.

I dont think electro-gravitics produce alot of heat

Don't waste your money on that shit

how is that a waste of money? every minute of up time counts in this, how can i justify us potentially missing out on something strange because i didn't donate?

Aliens are demons. They were fallen angles from heaven. They also taught man how to make Swords, Brestplates etc.

I have no doubt that life exists in small amounts peppered through the universe, but intelligent life is much less likely.

An intelligent species needs to be able to ensure that it doesn't go extinct, for millennia. In the time scale of the universe, it could be 100,000s of thousands of years before another intelligent species anywhere else would spontaneously develop. The first species would have to last that long. Would you even recognize a "human" from 200,000 years ago? A species would have to gain complete genetic control of itself to prevent devolution. And then you need to account for depleted resources of their planet.

Humanity has been decently intelligent for only about 50,000 years? And in this time, we only created agriculture about 12,000 years ago.
And hell, our species almost went extinct from natural causes once in this time, and we almost nuked ourselves back to the dirt several times, and it is still a threat today. Once we are out of petroleum, it could mark the end of society as we know it. I'll wager no society in the universe has been able to last 50,000 years seeing the difficulty that we've experienced in the same amount of time. The only way to prevent extinction is mass colonization of the universe, and science isn't giving us hope that this will ever be a possibility.

The best we can hope for is that in a million years that next intelligent life form of the universe will collect a few of our long-dead satellites and maybe find a gold ring on our planets surface, and humanity will get to occupy a display case in a museum someday.

ya don't know shit, man.

Why are you applying human logic to something that if it exists will certainly have nothing to do with us? For all we know these organisms might have 'evolved' with completely different 'brains'. Maybe they perceive and understand the universe and the laws that govern it much better than us.

Aliens aren't real, they're demons.
Fuck off back to X, Shariablue.
Only city people and urban retards believe in aliens. Illegal or otherwise.

They will have evolved from lesser creatures. And that evolution will be slow. They can't just radically jump from previously never existed straight to understanding the universe. It doesn't work that way. The only example we have to go off of is us, and you can modify the conditions as you see fit, but they will face the same challenges as us.

>There is a somewhat similar theory that the Greys are us from the future.

My idea has the benefit of not depending on a science fiction cliché.

>The Abyss
>Cocoon 1&2
>Not science fiction
Admit it, we're both creatively tainted by science fiction.

>The Abyss
When no details about their origin planet are known, it is made clear that they came from a very distant world. Novelization: They had crossed vast reaches of space to get here. Their original starship is still circling around, hidden behind the moon so the landbound telescopes won't be able to spot it.
jamescamerononline.com/TheAbyssFAQ.htm

>Cocoon 1&2
Cocoon is a 1985 American science-fiction fantasy comedy-drama film directed by Ron Howard about a group of elderly people rejuvenated by aliens.

>ywn get jacked off by a gray

I'm an alien AMA

Odds are overwhelmingly in favour of other sentient life being out there

Its pretty obvious however that life cannot expand into the universe at large - FTL is impossible, otherwise we would have seen them by now

Civilizations live and die within the confines of their systems

Are you a legal or illegal alien ?

are you an alpha alien with a big grey cock or one of the cucked aliens that shove analprobes into their own butthole while your wife enjoys the big human cock?

There was a big discovery a while back that around 200 galaxies were communicating with each other via laser signals. Can't find an article on it.

I keep wondering if we're a small particle in a giant universe sized organism/animal. Look at this pic of the structure of the universe. Looks just like neurons or flesh tissue. We could be in a giant space fish. Maybe there are even forms of life so small we can't detect them yet.

I wish i could live longer than a century (at most) so i could see the day we finally meet aliens. I just want to know what they're like, where they're from, and I want to explore space goddamnit. But nope, let's defund space research so we can save some shekels or put them in welfare or another middle eastern war.

What if they modify themselves to "evolve"? eg with computers or whatever they've invented. True, they'd have to be lucky enough to get to the intelligence to do that in the first place but they could change much more rapidly than nature if this happened

bluepilled retard