When will Catalonia and Basque leave Spa*n?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7gmyl1YOKOc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I can understand Basque, but why Catalonia?

Excuse me, Catalunya won't leave Spain alone. We will go with Regne de València i les Illes Balears

that pic escalated so fast

Is there an increased talk of regions having an exit from Spain recently?

why you don't like Madrid?
did they rape you or something?

No. It's always been that way.

Different culture.

>different culture

ahhaahah, nigger i've been waiting for another civil war since I was 16

have the balls already to declare independence so I can start killing commies

It never stopped
It's just a small band of retards in Catalonia and a few terrorists in the Basque country which keep pushing for it

never. and that stupid island, will become spain soon. andorra next.

>Catalunya holds referendum
>leave wins
>Spain will never admit independence
>some riots start
>France or UK moves army to Catalunya
>for (((democracy)))

How likely?

>Spain allowing Catalonia independence referendum
Only in /our timeline/.

Tell an ignorant Brit why Catalonia are agitating for independence?

They don't like how Franco forced their grand parents to stop speaking catalan and learn spanish instead.
That's about it.

HAIL FRANCO

DEATH TO COMMUNISTS

ARRIBA ESPANA

youtube.com/watch?v=7gmyl1YOKOc

Not before Quebec gets independance, because its 100x more deserveful

As soon as posible.

So absolutely nothing to do with soveriegnty or the EU? Just language?

I was simplifying but the unity of Spain is pretty thin. Places like Catalonia and the Basque Country still have fairly strong regional identity. Think of Scotland with wine instead of wiskey. They are neither culturally disattached from the rest nor culturally identical.

Such a deep answer

wow, just wow

Catalonia has no case for independece. They were never a nation, Catalonia was part of the kingdom of Aragon thus the yellow and red striped flag - which they share with Aragon, Valencia & the Balearic Islands.

This whole scam of independence is a strategy that benefits both parties involved.

>Catalonian politicians, politics & corruption in Catalonia goes together (as the rest of Spain) so the whole muhhhhh different culture is bull. By "fighting" for independence politicians can get away with corruption and using public funds for their interest (see the Jordi family)

>Spanish politicians, it creates a divide and conquer state in Spain, making it easy for left wing parties to gain votes, by promising to fight for more "autonomy" for the separatist regions (see Podemos)

I see, but Catalonia has regional autonomy already. It seems the explanation that they are motivated only by culture falls short in explaining entirely.