What destroyed the black community

Ok Sup Forums, I've heard two main theories as to why the black community in America has so much widespread poverty in crime. The theory I hear from the right is that the Great Society programs by LBJ that created welfare state which incentivized single motherhood in the black community led to extreme rates of wedlock. As we know kids born without fathers are much more likely to engage in illicit behavior. Essentially the welfare state led to mass wedlock which in turn led to poverty and crime.

The theory I get from the left is that the poverty and crime in the black community stems from the war on drugs and the targeting of black men and minorities by the Nixon administration.

My question is which theory is correct? Or is there a degree of truth to both?

Other urls found in this thread:

dol.gov/oasam/programs/history/webid-meynihan.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Poverty and third world culture.

I think we could have done more to help them but at this point I don't think they will change. They will probably stay "victims" for a long time.

Gangster rap.

They're not thugs! They just spent the past twenty seven years putting that image out there via their culture and music.

But we see throughout the 40-60s black economic mobility dramatically increase. only 22% of black children were born into homes without fathers. In the 60s both the welfare state and the war on drugs began so it's hard to trace the exact reason.

The reason they play victims it seems to me is because the left has made them victims of their policies.

The black community in the USA is better off then it is in all the other countries they inhabit..

Under segregation, blacks were catching up because their businesses were protected within their community. Once it ended, they were suddenly competing with larger established white corporations and got btfo.

It's the fucking white males fault.

Was this victimization recent? One could argue it started with the Civil Rights movement, but that was a legitimate cause. Some people are deluded and think they're still fighting for some grand noble cause.

welfare culture,victimhood as a major part of their identity and esp no fathers. Ghettoo culture is very seductive for high test boys(see wiggers) and once you're in you are in

Anyone notice them getting insanely better in the 90s-early 2000's? blacks outside the ghetto stopped wanting to be ghetto. Then around 2009 something completely destroyed that.

I think the people born in the modern day playing victim to some "white supremacist" society are obviously delusional. But a case can be made that modern blacks are the victims of liberal policies that were meant to help them. Only problem is no one seems to acknowledge the history of the welfare state because then the left would have to admit their policies have hurt blacks, a group they so proudly claim to champion. I think blacks that claim they are victims are not entirely unwarranted in their accusation but what they claim to be a victim of is completely misguided

>the Great Society

Too late in time. LBJ's welfare measures weren't enacted until the late-60's, by which point black areas were already full of riots and crime.

The big shift came in the late-1950's, when increasing automation eliminated a lot of the lowest-end factory jobs.

This led to rising dysfunction and chaos - the Moynihan report came out in 1965, and was a summary of this issue as it had been developing since the late-50's.

Welfare and other such measures were more of a reaction to this trend than its cause.

Both. Also, see Africa niggers gonna nig.

Because niggers are genetically shit, prone to aggression, and lacking intelligence. Everything else makes the situation worse but there is no set of circumstances you could concoct where a society of only niggers would ever thrive.

>LBJ's welfare measures weren't enacted until the late-60's, by which point black areas were already full of riots and crime.

Source? As far as I can tell the reason crime increased in the black community was due to the lack of two parent house holds which rose with the expansion of the welfare state.

Actually, I think they were improving from the '20s to the early '60s, then they stagnated during the '70s and the '80s was the start of the decline with the hood culture.

But you're right, in the late '90s and early 2000s, they were about to get better, but, ever since Dindu McDinduface was elected in late '08, they keep getting worse.

This
It's clearly evident that blacks can't be tamed and we shouldn't have to keep supporting them because it's just a waste of time and resources.

There was starving children in Africa when I was growing up, there is starving children now and there will be more starving children in many years to come

Someone has to stop this insane population growth of subhumans that neither one of our countries can support

Well one could argue the stagnation was caused by the expansion of the welfare state not hood culture which only really started to become widespread in the late 80s and early 90s

Welfare, drugs, mtv and african tribalism

This 1488%

All you have to do is look at the single motherhood rates before and after the welfare state

Blacks still had higher crime, but it was nothing compared to what we see today. Its amazing what happens when a father figure is in the home to straighten a troubled kid out.

I honestly feel bad for them, they were the ultimate pawn in a power play and they were the only ones who lost because of it. The propaganda is so strong that they still fight for the very things that destroyed them, its a tragic case.

The '65 riots in Watts and others prior to Watts, the rising murder rate in the US which was already sharply visible between 1963 and 1964, and the data in the Moynihan Report itself:

dol.gov/oasam/programs/history/webid-meynihan.htm

There was no real "expansion of the welfare state" in the 50's and early-60's, which is the time period covered by that report. LBJ's programs were mostly passed by Congress in 1965 and implemented in 1966-1967,

Blacks and jews

The black community destroyed itself once they got sold by their own king.

>This is what happens when you stop whipping the niggers for a few generations. They devolve back into feral tribalistic shitskins.
How is this not obvious?

Because they're stupid and violent?

>The '65 riots in Watts and others prior to Watts

To be fair these riots were a reaction to injustices rather than pointless riots. Watts for instance was a reaction to the extreme police brutality and the insensitivities of the police chief who insisted on pulling cops out of black areas. The riots of the 60s were more a reaction to mass institutional racism

>The rising murder rate in the US which was already sharply visible between 1963 and 1964

Murder and crime in general spiked in the mid to late 60s nation wide, it was not exclusive to blacks.

>LBJ's programs were mostly passed by Congress in 1965 and implemented in 1966-1967,

That is however, the time period we see the explosion of children born in wedlock in the black community. As we know as wedlock increased so did crime.

both are wrong with little bit of truth in each of them.

>Poverty and third world culture.

This. and slave history. Slavery takes away your own free will and therefore feeling of guilt in anything wrong you do. Therefore once a slave gets free he sees nothing wrong in whatever crime he commits.

prohibition 1.0 in 1920s creating mobsters + modern era:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
prohibition 2.0 (drug war)
-->
criminal drug networks massive profit and power
-->
black gangs foot soldiering for major profit and solidarity
-->
peer pressure on young kids to join, communities overrun by gangs within
-->
gangsta-thug culture growing, big business, reinforcing the culture
-->
rapid increase in prison economics
-->
rapid increase in fatherless and motherless homes
-->
fatherless and motherless children more likely to join gangs and resent life
-->
full blown nationwide economics dependent on prohibition, entire communities dependent on jobs of lawyers, judges, police, militarized police, public and private prisons, and pharma execs suppressing safer competition (freely grown plants) through propaganda orgs
-->
left and right bureaucrats using it to grow Big Gov to destroy the 4th amendment
-->
society forced to suffer the psychopathic actions of retarded gangstas killing everyone and druggies stealing and menacing so they can afford their addiction to black market prices
-->
Marxists using high gang crime to try to confiscate gun rights, to destroy the 2nd and 1st amendment at every turn by ignoring root causes and suppressing anyone who talks about it as "racist"/"hate"
-->
a prison planet cycle of bedfellows (biggov, church ladies, and globalists) is complete
-->
don't be victims, teach your family gun safety
-->
repeat

I can't say much about the black community, since I've never lived in or around it. But it feels like throughout the 90s the media was pushing hard for us all to put race behind us, and then they turned around and decided they'd rather have us all at each other's throats.

black people?
Black community?

The moment they where integrated in the society they should have move and stop
forming ghettos there should not be such thing as black community.

because the gravy train stopped when corporations realized that climate change is the shit hitting the fan if everyone expects a middle class lifestyle and the jobs to pay for it so now that lifestyle is only for the rich and the rest of us just have to get used to hating each other so we kill ourselves off for the rich that deserve to be the only ones left

Nog culture. That's the sole reason tbqh. Notice how the really trashy people of every other race are pretty much nogs? Listen to rap speak like a moron act like a nog in general. I don't know how they can get any better really.

Most don"t know how to keep money; That's it

Move to a white neighbourhood, get a stable job, have 2.5 kids and raise them with your women.

Problem solved.

Blacks, namely those during and after the civil right's movement

Democrats.
Progressivism, of which identity politics plays a huge role, basically destroyed them.

Crime doesn't follow poverty, despite the left's claims. Poverty follows crime.

No doubt Jews would have started it