Brit/pol/ - you're a lazy fucks edition

>((( EU ))) lawmakers adopt Brexit resolution, reject pro-Gibraltar hint
uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-europeanparliament-idUKKBN1771BN

>(((Ken Livingstone))) faces a new investigation into his comments about Hitler
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39499640

>Kosher Sharia May suggests free movement extension
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39498647

> May and LSE chief woo Saudi ministers for $2tn Aramco listing
theguardian.com/business/2017/apr/05/theresa-may-lse-saudi-aramco-uk-london-stock-exchange-oil
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4382734/PM-lines-massive-1-6TRILLION-share-deal-City.html

>((( EU ))) negotiator says Brexit is 'a Tory catfight that got out of hand' and predicts next generation will return to bloc - as MEPs approve 'red lines'
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/05/britain-braced-rough-ride-strasbourg-eu-parliament-sets-brexit2/

>Le Pen Ambushed in French Debate as Macron Attacks on Euro
bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-04-04/le-pen-attacked-by-anti-euro-hard-liner-says-french-to-decide
blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/04/frances-chaotic-presidential-debate-dismal-disappointment/

>In defence of (((Ken Livingstone)))
blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/04/defence-ken-livingstone/

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tory-polling-votes-mps-elections-lose-to-liberal-democrat-labour-jeremy-corbyn-theresa-may-lynton-a7669211.html
thetimes.co.uk/article/lib-dems-would-surge-in-snap-election-tories-told-h695qhnv5
instantoffices.com/blog/reports-and-research/average-uk-salary/
youtube.com/watch?v=nNRxPEHNH7k&t=1s
twitter.com/Navsteva/status/849964919596470274
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tory-polling-votes-mps-elections-lose-to-liberal-democrat-labour-jeremy-corbyn-theresa-may-lynton-a7669211.html

>Tories could lose up to 30 seats to Liberal Democrats at next election
>Internal polling shows the party losing all its 2015 gains in south London and South West England
>With Labour in disarray, some have speculated they could lose up to 100 seats at the next election.

Are you ready to surge?

Big Soup.

>Tories could lose up to 30 seats to Liberal Democrats at next election
>Independent
Seems legit

Ahmed's Banana Jelly (Halal)

>London economy

Genocide the chavs and drug heads.

Not surprising, Lib Dems had 50 odd seats in 2010 and then lost them all over tuition fees

Enough time has elapsed and Clegg has gone as leader, that all their faggot voters will go crawling back

thetimes.co.uk/article/lib-dems-would-surge-in-snap-election-tories-told-h695qhnv5

Here it is in the Times but it's behind a paywall.

>thinking anyone is going to vote for the liberal cuckocrats once the A50 period is over, the GE campaign period starts and they're subjected to a constant barrage of how fucking wet Farron is and the eternal SNP coalition boogeyman
They'll gain seats but only in places they lost them in 2015

>not one single person has bothered to ask what the female journalist said to david moyes to incite his response

The article also forgets to mention that even with losing remoaner seats to the LibDems they'll likely gain marginals from Labour who have no hope of actually running a competent General Election.

t. Middle Class

>They'll gain seats but only in places they lost them in 2015

So exactly what the article said?

Electoral calculus has them on about 5 seats. What's changed in the last couple of polls? What's caused this, if it's true?

can't be bothered to write a CV lads. gonna have to write one eventually, not hitting panic stations just yet though

applied for 12 jobs yesterday without one, albeit all of them being apprenticeships

What did the journalist say to David Moyes to incite his response?

>ukip is dead and buried

So who you lads going to vote for?

Hilariously and provably corrupt Tory party personified by captain Osborne, or the hilariously and massively inept and bumbling labour party?

Ha ha guys don't you love FPTP

t. Underclass

I'm surprised by the Lib Dem surge. In my local area it was only in the 2010 election that they lost a reasonably safe seat to the Tories. And now the Lib Dem-run local council are trying to screw over the local area so they're not going to win that seat back any time soon.

I hope you lads are ready to be sent to Syria kek

Who knows, the footage has been memoryholed. I haven't heard a single person question why he might have said what he said, which bothers me more.

>tfw no idea what class I am

I earn 25k but I own my own house and am comfortable with 10k in savings just encase shit hits the fan, but I pack boxes for a living for a living

I'm guessing middle class but that sort of implies I've got some comfortable office job when I'm doing menial manual labour all day

Would may really drag us in to that shit storm???

There's nothing noble about being a rootless cosmopolitan.

25k is nowhere near middle class

>nowhere near middle class

instantoffices.com/blog/reports-and-research/average-uk-salary/

>do exactly what my parents want
>they still find a reason to complain

I fucking hate these cunts so fucking much. God damn

>he thinks the conservatives care about England

I know, but I'm a home owner at 23 and live a comfortable life with time for hobbies and I'm not worried about the future. I'd feel like I'm taking the piss if I said I'm working class, which is generally defined by uncertainty and hardship

My wife earns 15k so I've got combined household of 40k which I guess is relevant but still not exactly high

No way May even considers sending Britain to war with Syria

Literally 0% chance.
This is just war mongering mental patients wanting to undermine Trump presidency, couples with rebels trying to achieve western sympathy

You really think Assad is going to use chemical weapons at this late stage of a war he is overwhelmingly winning?
The answer is no.

>Julia Hartley-Brewer challenged Ken not to mention Hitler during 12 minute interview on talkRadio. He managed to – by referring to a “Mr H”.

>Owns his own house
>Makes more per year than median household income
>Somehow not middle class

Class system is meaningless nowadays because nobody actually applies it to what it originally was used with.

If you sell your labour to an employer (the middle class), you are working class.

The UK's entire Middle Eastern foreign policy is formulated through Riyadh.

>combined household of 40k
Yeah, you are well and truly middle class

>Julia Hartley-Brewer
she is my mummy

Literally fuck drug heads most annoying people in the country.

How do you make 25k packing boxes? Long hours?

haha, hilarious

>not susanna reid

foolish

I was the user in the other thread who just got a raise. I simplified it a bit, I pack orders for a mail order company but I do their stock control and web design too, but most of my day is packing parcels

Such unworthy people.

Can someone the picture of Angloshpere pepes laughing at cucked Germany

Inbred pakis are worse.

Susannah's body but Julia's general opinions and demeanour

The country would be a better place if we deported both

what actually happens in the scottish highlands

>Inbred pakis
>pakis
ftfy

Can you imagine just getting to raw dog her every day

What a perfect bitch

>No way May even considers sending Britain to war with Syria

youtube.com/watch?v=nNRxPEHNH7k&t=1s

Alcohol, semi-consensual homosexuality and intravenous drug taking

Hilarious...

>semi-consensual
How does that work?
Yes Means Yes, but
No Means Maybe?

UK and USA has done everything the same in terms of foreign policy for the last 20-30 years.
You wouldn't be a fool to think so.

>Hard yes
>Soft yes

literally just clicked on the highlands in scottish news

No, thanks.

Sounds "comfy".

>when your foreign ambassador sides with ISIS over assad

It means none of them are really comfortable with it but they all get involved
Sort of like lumberjacks or rugby players

>yuropoors are this mad

you're subhuman dont come near my country you worthless fucking piece of cancer. All you do it get cucked by refugees then cry on the internet like a bitch

i'd tolerate susanna's generally leftist opinions

soon. i fuckin love milfs

China BTFO him literally seconds after this.

twitter.com/Navsteva/status/849964919596470274

I agree though, what the British representative is saying is fucking worrying, but he's just virtue signalling.
This will not lead to war.

Class is cultural. You are working class. You also work for a living, so you are a member of the proletariat. If you have a mortgage, you don't own your home, the bank does, and by the way 40k between two people is a pittance.

I personally cannot see how May can justify a war here.

Iraq is too fresh in the memory, she would get zero support. Literally zero. And it would mean that Corbyn would unironically possibly defeat her in 2020

She is not going to war here.
The more worrying thing is whether Trump does. If he does he loses any respect I had for him. These are jewish tricks, nothing more.

Its pretty comfy, my daily routine is waking up at half 7, get out of bed at 8, shower and get changed for 8:10 and sit around for 40 minuites playing with my cats and watching the news eating breakfast, get to work for 9, print and pack the days orders until 1, have an hours lunch then sit around in the office answering customer emails, maintaining the website and stock stuff, maybe set up in new marketplaces and then go home whenever I want after 6, doing as much overtime as I want

Its a fairly comfy life tbf

Pretty much same situation but I don't feel working class.

>You also work for a living, so you are a member of the proletariat
Is a doctor working class?
Is a bank manager is working class?

>don't point out my hypocrisy

>1pbtid
>£40Kpa is a pittance
>almost double the national median household income
Stop larping, you're not an aristocrat you're a 20-something year old neet living with his parents and talking down to strangers on the internet just makes you look like an angsty child

>tfw I earn more than your entire household but because I live in London with a child I can't afford diddly squat
my gf earns £24k, together we earn £65k+, but fucked if we can afford a place in the suburbs where we rent now

Who /local/ here?

Eh, never said I was rich, I just earn enough to have good savings, travel and have a good hundred a week as disposable income after saving 100 a week for other things

If this is poor then I don't care about being rich, I'm happy with life

>live in London
Wait for the collapse.

I've got a 3 bed semi detached newly refurbished house for 150k which is 500 a month in mortgage repayments

40k goes a lot further in towns in the Midlands than London

>people care more about bin collections than mass immigration
Daftie.

Greater Westmorland reporting in.

Decent article by Simon Jenkins in The Guardian today stating as a fact that the BBC failed the nation by being far too anti-Brexit. Course, the comments leave a lot to be desired.

>how to talk a lot but say nothing

tfw phoneposting with BT Fon
End my suffering lads.

At least we can affect the bin issue.

All jokes aside, What the FUCK is my incentive to help people that consider me second class, around whom I have to walk on eggshells because they'll turn on me the moment they want a bit of free attention, which they can get easily if I put one verbal foot wrong?

I'm not just talking about gay people here, either.

A thought occurred to me recently: The 1970s were the definitive last hurrah of Britain (and this should be emphasised in a negative as well as positive sense, naturally. By then the disease was already present.)

Essentially due to the dire state of the economy (globally, but with particular reference in a domestic mindset.) despite the first signs of consumerist decadence poking through, Britain was forced to keep the final mindset it had - that of a somewhat austere, but proud country. In short, the WW2 mindset, or by analogy something of a soviet-style "Shortage economy" (independent of real economic factors - the shortage here, as to a degree in say East Germany, was not of the essential goods - not breadlines, etc, but a shortage of American consumer goods that people desired. The British alternatives felt tacky, not strictly down to poor manufacturing practice on our part - but also due to an unconscious cultural cringe. America was the rich neighbour child who's toys we could look upon and envy. Of course, most working class Americans could only do the same...)

And then the doors came down. Though the rhetoric of austerity continued under Thatcher, the deregulation of credit, the free movement of capital and so on all allowed for this desire for Americana to finally be fulfilled by imported American goods, cultural products, etc. (Film I believe was already the case in the 70s, however it should also be remembered that lots of American film in the 70s was similarly declinist.) Ironically, the last grandstanding of "Great Britain" post-Falklands was already occurring atop a bloated, decadent corpse. Of course, like the Americans before us not everyone could partake in consumption - but enough could do so to fear that their consumer toys would some-day be taken away and they'd be left stacking bricks in the rubble again. Though they celebrate the spirit of WW2, in secret they abhor it. To mend a dress instead of buy a new one is shameful...

A lot of people absolutely do.

pick your favourite horse fellas. imo there are riders.

fuck sake.
>imo there are no riders

This is an improvement.

>these are 10/10s in merseyside

You're wrong, but I'm not trying to talk down to anyone. People need to realise that 40k isn't much and that's why we can't afford anything. 60, 80, 100 is more like it. 40 is pretty much subsistance.
I said 'proletariat' and yes. Those who work for money are proletariat, those who make money from capital are bourgeois. You can of course be both. Obviously though the economy is more complicated than that, and there are many small economic classes depending on people's financial self interest.

The absolute STATE of merseyside

Eeerrrrrrrmmmmmmmmm what yoos chattin pet

(since the character limit cut me off, I'll develop a little bit on why I'm negative about the 1970s too.)
Essentially by the 1970s, we did have limited access to American produce, and the desire was quite strong. The ads, films, etc, were certainly present, so we "knew what we were missing" in a way that applied less to the 1960s (where the image is much more that Americans wanted us, or at least the Beatles and a red bus. Very telling that "Britain" is still sold as London-Circa-1968.) But dire economic circumstance, combined with credit regulation and a pervading sense of insecurity all combined to restrain desire - you might want your American garbage, but good luck finding many who'll take the financial risk of importing it when half the country believes it'll be run by a military Junta or be in the middle of a series of Stalinist purges by 1980...

But what was that if not the final hurrah of the rationing mindset? We had all the resources and the manufacturing capacity to make for ourselves the necessities of life (unlike WW2 where capacity had to be directed elsewhere), but we didn't *want* British goods. We wanted American ones, and so to some mild degree those were "rationed" instead, at least on some subconscious level.

A pretty shotgun approach to the idea, might've blown off more of the door than I intended to, but that's the underlying thought.

I wonder if the '68ers are to blame. Perhaps the America fascination finally became a cancer when their brand of individualism aligned with that of the USA (individualism-via-consumerism.)

Is this original or a quote?

Fair enough. Class is mostly bullshit and based off of accent and whether you like classical music or not.

WESSEX OUT OUT OUT REEEEEEEEEEEE

Worst part is that my gf is from a place even cheaper than where you are and is constantly on at me to move there and buy a 4 bedroom detached place with a big garden.
Her job is transferrable, but mine is not.

>Glamorous revellers

If these slags are glamorous, what the fuck do the non-glamorous ones look like?

>you're wrong
The 2013/14 HBAI report gave median household income (2 adults) as £23,556. The provisional results from the April 2014 ASHE report gives median gross annual earnings of £22,044 for all employees and £27,195 for full-time employees.

He's not.