Is Jainism /our religion/?

Is Jainism /our religion/?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jainism
youtu.be/rAM9x_GF9VY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Bhagat_Singh_Thind
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ritu_(Indian_season)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

your level of autism is far beyond

No, Hinduism is

POO

Sup Forums is, has, and always will be, a Christian board.

Now repent

redpill me pajiit

Hinduism is literally the religion of the ancient Aryans.

fpbp

>pic related

Nope literally Indian Jews

t. Asur

Why? Also you have to go back

P O O

But the symbol of Jainism is literally the swastika. Why don't we embrace this redpilled religion?

I don't give a shit about "aryans", how is hinduism good? More specifically how is it in any way better than Christianity?

Cause you don't need to fear god if you don't follow it. You can attain peace of mind by just visiting a temple. And you get free prasad as complimentary

>falling for the vegetarian Jews
user Hinduism has swastikas too

>What is Hinduism?

Hinduism is the oldest organized religion in the world. It is the Sanatana Dharma, the Eternal Law. It has no known origin and no founders - it is a synthesis of various Indian cultures and practices from as early as 4000 BCE.

Hinduism differs from Christianity and other Abrahamic religions in that it does not have:

>A single founder,
>A specific theological system,
>A single concept of deity,
>A single holy text,
>A single system of morality,
>A central religious authority,
>The concept of a prophet.

Hinduism is neither polytheistic, monotheistic, trinitarian or henotheistic, yet it is all at the same time.

The development of Hinduism was influenced by many invasions over thousands of years. The major influences occurred when nomadic "Aryan" Indo-European tribes invaded Northern India from the steppes of Russia and Central Asia. They brought with them their religion of Vedism. These beliefs mingled with the more advanced, indigenous Indian native beliefs, often called the "Indus valley culture."

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jainism
>The central tenet is non-violence
Fuckin dropped.

Ok, I see.
Thanks but no thanks, I'm pretty at peace with Jesus.

That sounds pretty cool. The Indus valley cultures seemed cool when they taught us about it in high school, like how they had uniform bricks and built the first sewer systems and shit.

>Ramayan Anime
youtu.be/rAM9x_GF9VY

Watch this if you want to have an idea what kind of mythology we have

what is the meaning of swastika? is it overrated?

It's a sign for good luck in Indian culture that's about it but is used quite extensively in our cultural and religious rituals.

Buddhism > Hinduism

>Hinduism is neither polytheistic, monotheistic, trinitarian or henotheistic, yet it is all at the same time.

Sounds like a lot of hog-wash to me. What good is a religion which basically says "believe whatever you want" ? No wonder India is such a shithole, threre is no social cohesiveness and homogeneity.

Tell me about all the cool public sanitation, planetariums, universities, roads, schools, inventions joins invented...

Oh that's right they're primitive scum.

I sympathise with their respect for life, but I don't give a Goddamn about the fucking bugs and microbes.

Lick my nuts yet again mother fuckers !

Their food restrictions are beyond irrational.
You can't even eat a potato. GTFO.

ty it look nice

+1 for truth.

why do people hype that it has some mystical meaning and that it is the oldest known symbol made by humans? also does the orientation of swastika means anything?
Why did hitler even choose it for the flag of germany? seems weird

4 spikes (ordered as a cross "+"), representing the 4 seasons.
It's spinning, leaving trails at the end of each spike.
Universal symbol for time, and how it's a flat circle.
Also a depiction of the behaviour of everything at micro and macro levels in the universe (electrons going around an atom, the earth spinning, the arms of a galaxy etc.)

It's a pretty cool symbol.

The ultimate aim is to be one with the infinite and the focus on society and your dharma (actions that keep the universe together) is really important part of the religion

Jainism is extremely altruistic. I believe life should consume life so that the life which is best at consuming the most without being consumed can excel. It's sort of the ancap view of life. This model, found in nature, will produce the best life forms. That Jain view is opposite of this. They don't want to consume life and therefore they seek only their own eventual demise without real contribution to the greater life in this work.

thats interesting
I dont get the "time is flat circle" tho. Care to explain more or some of these

"Time is a flat circle. Everything we have done or will do we will do over and over and over again- forever."
This is actually Nietzsche's Doctrine of Eternal Recurrence, as depicted in The Gay Science and Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
Arthur Schopenhauer's basic idea is recounted in a pessimistic manner and declares the absurdity of life by declaring it's endless repetition. For him, the ultimate nature of reality is the will, a blind assertive drive to live and satisfy desires.

We constantly seek what cannot be delivered in life.

There are conflicts between Schopenhauer and Nietzsche but they agree on certain basic things like the primacy of the driving will, which generates perpetual conflict with no salvation or resolution ultimately.
However, one cannot deny that life as we have it, puts a tragic limit on all human interests and aspirations.

For both thinkers, this tradegy is the last word on existence, but they differ in whether life as we have it is worthwhile or meaningful. Schopenhauer's answer is No and Nietzsche's Yes.

Nope, SCOTUS even said so:

United States v. Bhagat Singh Thind, 261 U.S. 204 (1923), was a case in which the Supreme Court of the United States unanimously decided that Bhagat Singh Thind, an Indian Sikh man who identified himself as a "high caste Hindu, of full Indian blood," was racially ineligible for naturalized citizenship in the United States. In 1919, Thind filed a petition for naturalization under the Naturalization Act of 1906 which allowed only "free white persons" and "aliens of African nativity and persons of African descent" to become United States citizens by naturalization.
After his petition was granted, Government attorneys initiated a proceeding to cancel Thind’s naturalization and a trial followed in which the Government presented evidence of Thind’s political activities as a founding member of the Ghadr Party, a violent Indian independence movement headquartered in San Francisco.[1] Thind did not challenge the constitutionality of the racial restrictions. Instead, he attempted to have "high-caste Hindus" classified as "free white persons" within the meaning of the naturalization act based on the fact that both northern Indians and most Europeans are Indo-European peoples.
The court rejected this argument, holding that while Hindi-speaking high-caste Indians were indeed akin to white European peoples, they had intermarried too freely with the non-white pre-Indo-European populace of India, hence their present skin color. Because of the uncertainty this caused for scientific classification, the court decided to use a "common sense" definition of Caucasian that did not allow for the scientific arguments Thind made and did not classify Indians as white.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Bhagat_Singh_Thind

Only reason that shiskin got citizenship later was cause he was a WWI vet and we passed law that gave citizenship to any WWI vet regardless of race, it had a slippery slope effect as you can see under Aftermath.

Are you eluding to cyclic civilisations and the concept of yugs in the Vedas? i

>/our religion/

get out Jew

No, we already praise lord kek,
But I guess we could become Nazis, not a bad idea at all

Thats very interesting and somewhat dark. But on what do they base these statements or it is pure philosophical and just another option among many other candidates for ultimate answer for life and everything?
It sounds very very doubtful.

IN

>4 spikes (ordered as a cross "+"), representing the 4 seasons
>Universal symbol for time, and how it's a flat circle.
That' not true. Many other cultures recognized a different number of seasons besides four. The Hindu calendar recognizes six seasons.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ritu_(Indian_season)

Now why would they create a symbol to represent four seasons when they recognize six seasons?

You can put into it what you want. Those are not my words, it's just the phrase "time is a flat circle" explained.

It's a concept where your perspective will give it meaning, or from some perspectives; render it meaningless.

Yes. Yes, it is, as every philosophy.
I just like the symbol of the swastika, and what it might and might not represent visually.

I do not necessarily believe the symbol itself originated in India, but if that is your belief, you are free to think that my claim is total bullshit. Perspectives change everything.

It is the oldest Aryan symbol currently known. That is why Hitler chose it for his symbol. And that is also why India and Persia still use it today. ( founded by Aryans originally ) The symbol stands for peace.

Thank you user for those info

The statement that it is a universal symbol of four seasons is objectively false considering that many people have recognized a different number of seasons than four. It is not a universal symbol and would not have been seen as a symbol of seasons by most cultures responsible for its earliest known origins.

my biggest fear is when a bug climbs the shit and enters in the ass

LOO

Wait what????

EXPLAIN

It's objectively true that the visible "cycle" of the sun from earth, has 4 phases.

The misconceptions of culture is not something I care about.

If you by "universal" derives "universal human conception" you are correct. That was not my intended use of the word universal. Perspectives. It's amazing.

No, because it requires a conscience, which Sup Forums lacks.

How are Jains Indian jews?

>how is it in any way better than Christianity?
Well it's not based around a dead jew, which is a good start.