Jorden Peterson Thread

I'm a University student at UFT and guess what this guy is awesome. He debunks overpopulation, is anti-marxist, and knows overpopulation is a myth. He also got in trouble for not using proper "PRONOUNS". If you ask me and my friends we all consider him a God, treat him as a God, and give him so much respect he basically is a God to us. Sometimes we call him God as a joke but sort of mean it. Jorden Peterson is who we respect and don't disagree with. Can we discuss his positions in the thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2013/09/14/opinion/overpopulation-is-not-the-problem.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He's becoming a whore.

Besides that he's fine.

>"Think hard about what you want to say, say it neatly and organized, then stand by it. You will face backlash, you will face critism but if you know the facts and stand up for yourself you will come out better educated" - Jordan Peterson

COULD NOT BE MORE BASED!

Don't you dare say that about him. I want you to take that back. That is blasphemus in my book. Speaking against Jordan Peterson in any way is a fucking terrible thing.

pro-tip don't lionize him
he's bound to make a slip-up sometime-- he's still a human

Yeah well until that happens we are going to give him respect that the pope reserves for God. He hasn't made a mistake yet and I don't believe he will ever make a mistake.

One of his main points is that we are all fucked up and we need to communicate in order to fix ourselves, of course he doesn't even think he himself is free form that.

Don't ever say that

He was supposedly pretty liberal earlier in his life, and given that he is not only a professor but a professor in psychology, he would probably agree with most of the cultural marxism if he were in his 20's. Of course I don't know this but it given those demographics it would seem reasonable to assume so.

I totally respect the guy too, but he's not infallible so be sure to think about what he says before you keep lionizing him.

He is infallible you dick sucker cow humper. Go fuck yourself piece of shit never EVER point out any ""flaw"" in Peterson.

Overpopulation can't be 'debunked', it's a physical limit placed on every species on Earth. Sure, the Earth could have a lot more people but considering the devastating amount of resources that are wasted every year, we will soon find out that overpopulation is not a myth. Technology has allowed us to vastly overshoot our population and we will pay the price once the cheap oil dries up.

Peterson is mostly based though.

Day of the rake cant come soon enough, but Peterson and his supporters will all be spared.

It's a myth since the birthrates are rapidly falling in all civilized places.

what is his argument about places that don't have falling birthrates? perhaps link a video where he talks about this. All I ever knew about Peterson was that he was entirely anti-marxism.

Peterson shared an article by the Economist, this article

nytimes.com/2013/09/14/opinion/overpopulation-is-not-the-problem.html

>new shill tactic

You are as pathetic as you are obvious. One person builds him up, the other destroys him, while the third tries to split the community.

>Peterson and his supporters will all be spared
We'll trade them for our "refugees" spainbro

This is that leaf shill again. He's switched his strategy from spamming to oversaturation over the last few weeks. Now he's trying to bait people into disliking Peterson through pseudo-deification. Since he has no good arguments against Peterson's ideas, he's basically trying to data mine it from the board. It's incredibly sloppy though, so it's either an isolated effort, pursued by stupid SJWs who don't know any better, or is a very cautious first wave of shilling to test the waters.

Peterson's ideas are dangerous because they're helping anons find confidence in themselves as well as a renewed purpose in defending the foundations of western civilization. A mobilized pol is more dangerous than they can possibly imagine.

That anime was so cute. She looked really fuckable with short hair.

not a shill man, OP's a shill or just really autistic

you guys are terrible trolls

I do have autism but thats not why i made the thread.

lol dude you're a fucking meme I swear

Came to write this

I'm the guy who made the MGTOW threads as well. I'm sorry im just trying to find ideologies that fit me. I also made the "Italian discrimination" threads, the Obamaleaf threads, the gun control threads the "Drumpf already on list of worst presidents" thread

He doesn't debunk shit

Stop you're embarrassing yourself faggot. Nobody sees him the way you think they see him.

He's a hardcore roleplayer

This guy is great and all, but he needs to take it easy a bit.

He needs to slow down before he fucks his reputation over.

"you my friend are a pathetic weasel of whom'st is uneducated" - Jordan B Peterson

HAHAHAHAHA

His reputation is fine and will live on

>Ad hominem

I'd definitely agree with this, but I think he understands that his career is at stake. In his reddit AMA he talked about all the attention he was getting and how he had to be cautious, although I really don't see that in his behavior recently.

Watching maps of meaning 2016, I'm a few lectures in. It's interesting and entertaining, and fun to watch old disney movies and reread greek/egyptian mythology, but I can't really grasp where all of these broad ideas are supposed to meet up. Yes, marxism is bad, yes, free speech is good, yes, you aren't smart to bash religion, yadda. I assume his students have reading and assignments like the future authoring program and it's not just them walking in to hear Peterson go on for 3 hours each week.

Maybe the personality course has more structure to it.

Obvious psyop is obvious...

Tone down the defensiveness a tad and it *might* work on some easily swayed idiots

Hey look its the faggot leaf who hates him larping as a fan.

Go fuck your self you pathetic worm

Your post TOTALLY showed me why im wrong.

"Think hard about what you want to say, say it neatly and organized, then stand by it. You will face backlash, you will face critism but if you know the facts and stand up for yourself you will come out better educated" - Jordan Peterson

I sure hope so.

I'd hate to see this guy go down as a bad guy, since he's a pretty great speaker.

I literally study them go to Peterson's classes for my school work. Life is HEAVEN

You're obviously an idiot or a troll, stratch that, you're both

>debunks overpopulation

Even if it were true that earth could easily support 19 trillion humans like you people seem to think, wouldn't it be in our best interests to try and stay well below that number anyway?

I can just see you fuming that his crowdfunding is fucking skyrocketing ($5k in the last 10 minutes).

Gonna have to work extra hard at this one mate.

>earth can support 19 trillion humans
No it can't, you're actually retarded

>wouldn't it be in our best interests to try and stay well below that number anyway?
No it's in our best interests to increase the population.

You're a terrible shill

yea I really enjoyed what I've seen so far of his personality lectures so I'd suggest you watch those

as for you, now that I think about it, most of what he's been more assertive about recently is his anti-marxist ideas, which makes sense. Perhaps it is a good thing that he's being less conciliatory with those ideas so that they don't at all seem normal to people whos' opinion could be swayed

Also,

this

>UFT

Did you just call UofT UFT?

>No it's in our best interests to increase the population.

Why?

What am I shilling? The thing you're pretending to
zealously support?

Oh look it's the autistic Canadian again

Fuck off

Psychotic anti-peterson leaf detected, your writing style is easy to identify

>not posting best peterson

That's how everyone pernounces it

No I go to his classes

Because specialization. Think of it like this. One man on an island is poor as hell. He does everything he does to sustain himself poorly. Now imagine 10 people on an island each focusing on one goal they can make eachothers lives even better. Now imagine 1000 people all working on their own goals they can make a nice city. Now imagine 8 billion people specializing they can make eachothers lives heaven.

He just got cucked by the Canadian education board and had all his grant funds cut off. Theres some donation thing set up for him now, but I dont want to post it because the mods will most likely ban me for shilling, but just google "support peterson research"

He's literally a "they're the real racists" reformed liberal

Fuck off

>the autistic Canadian

>the

>implying theres only one

> (You)
>No I go to his classes

What's that got to do with anything? Why are you calling me a shill? I'm supporting your "sentiment"

Those cards creep me out.

>Peterson got cucked
>not understanding this is 4D chess
Ignorant! Peterson's IQ is higher than Frank Abegnales so he doesn't even NEED money. I only donate to him as a form of sacrifice to show my comitment.

His IQ is certainly higher than yours.

So 8 billion people on an island is good because "specialization"?

There must be 8 billion different jobs for all of them then right?

Wasted

No read Nassim Taleb's Black Swan. You want there to be as many agents experimenting as possible in order to encourage innovation. The massive amount of innovation and expansion in technology in the present day is directly linked with the size of our population.

DUHHh

You know jobs can all be digitally created with a keyboard right? FDR did it with WTW program except that was with the stroke of a pen. Governments can simply just create jobs out of nothing if they chose.

You are aware that the OP doesn't actually believe this shit right?

>this new tactic

I like it, autistic leaf. Much better than your usual sperging

I like the argument but the problem with that is this. Technology is slowing down look at 1920s to 1950s BIG CHANGES look at 1950s to 1980s BIG CHANGES look at 1990s to now - JACK SHIT. Yeah we have the internet but that's a repackage of everything else./

You're a bad troll

You guys are idiots. I don't have a problem with Peterson but think for yourselves. Sheesh.

>teleports behind you
>That's where your wrong kiddo.

A shill needs to walk a fine line.

He can't provide honest portrayals of the thing he's shilling against, because that would further the cause of the thing he's shilling against.

He can't provide dishonest portrayals of the thing he's shilling against, because people would recognize it and dismiss the shilling outright.

He needs to speak without substance and subtly ferment dissent and division. We can see the leaf shill's shift towards this by mixing copypasted contextless Peterson quotes in with his trolling. He's making the gamble that the positive effect of spreading Peterson's statements will be less than the negative effect of attempting to ferment dissent etc. He's wrong.

The problem here, Leaf, is that you only adopted the shilling. We were born in it. Molded by it. By the time we first saw CTR, it was only boring.

You cannot corrupt pol.
You cannot dissuade pol.
Any advances made will be rolled back in their entirety when the Australian shitposting legion wakes up.
Any advances made then will be rolled back in their entirety when the US shitposters wake up.
This is because pol does not exist on this board.
Pol exists in an inaccessible psychological metanarrative shared between all anons.
The fundamental grounding of this metanarrative is the search for truth.
This is why Peterson resonates with pol.
This is why you cannot win.

Do the honorable thing; rake yourself.

Maybe I am overestimating how obvious this shit is, bravo

I fucking hate you.

>thinking for yourself when you have an IQ of 130 instead of letting a 194 IQ professor think for you.

Should we build our houses, cook our food, and cut our own trees for ourselves? NO! Because we aren't as good at it, so why should we think for ourselves when we have Peterson?

Ok.

I think I get it now.

With 8 billion people, all inventing - let say - iphones, we are all much better off.

Because 13 billion people inventing cellophane wrap is way better than 1 person inventing cellophane wrap.

So just imagine how great cellophane wrap and iphones would be if 19 trillion people were constantly inventing them.

You are a very smart man.

Exactly my man! This is why I created this thread so people can learn more stuff and get better educated. In a way you directly learned that from Peterson since we learned it from Peterson and told you.

I've got a question for you, OP:

Why the fuck do you care so goddamn much about JP that you post autistic nonsense in every thread about him, going so far as to post retarded threads like this?

>Peterson

Who the fuck is that?

>Who the fuck is that?
Get the fuck out of this thread right now you filthy RAT! I don't ever want to see you again.

Dude this is my only thread about him and I never posted about him before I think you are on crack.

I honestly can't condone having 19 trillion people around unless one of them invents an iphone that can microwave my burrito.

Can you guarantee that 1 of them will invent that?

Yes. And I am glad that I convinced you that population growth is good, it shows your open minded.

Let's assume your assertion that technology for the past 30 years hasn't advanced much(although someone could make a fair argument that it has).

Technology jumps like that of the internet, nuclear power, steam power, fire etc are what we would call black swan events. These events happen randomly and are not the result of a slow build up of predictable effort(you can't foresee these paradigm shifts). Instead these are technologies advanced by eureka moments. Fundamentally these events are spawned in the minds of people over time. We cannot control the pace at which time occurs, but we can control the number of agents in which the eureka moment may strike.

Thank you. Thank you.

Thanks.

This is an intelligent man.

All his hopes depend on someone inventing some miraculous technology, which in turn depends on population growth, which in turn depends on someone inventing some miraculous technology, which in turn depends on population growth, and so on....

If I could begin to grasp only a tiny portion of his infinite wisdom, I could die a happy man.

>He debunks overpopulation, is anti-marxist, and knows overpopulation is a myth.
The world is over populated though, there's something like 5 billion brown people alive right now.

Overpopulation is a meme, do some research you idiot

Actually, to be honest, I'm not really convinced.

I think you population growth mongers and technological utopians are really just making excuses for your own excessive consumption.

i am in desperate need of peterson memes, please share

I'm not the guy to explain it, and have not even listened to a lot of his stuff, but in short traditional religions/philosophies and their myths and dogmas are "true enough" in that what they provide their cultures are beneficial to health and survival. The myths aren't literally true, but do describe reality (i.e., deities are real forces of nature or humanity or concepts) and provide necessary tools for people to deal with the way we perceive reality. Likewise for dogmas which were imbued with religious importance beyond mere etiquette.

In other words, killing God was a mistake.

>it's simple
WE KILL THE NIGGERS

>this guy is awesome
>he debunks a fact

Okay.

suuuuuure