Gorsuch confirmed by Senate

cnbc.com/2017/04/07/senate-confirms-neil-gorsuch-to-supreme-court-after-bitter-partisan-process.html

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_option#Events_of_November_2013
thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/302513-reid-dems-could-change-rules-for-supreme-court-nominees
volokh.com/2013/03/13/on-judicial-confirmations-history-and-numbers/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

200 years of tradition gone to sate Cheeto Mussolini's bloodlust. #RESISTDRUMPFTYRANNY

Fuck yeah!

I know you're baiting but filibusters of federal court nominees started under GWB. This simply restores the status quo to how it was 16 years ago.

They call it the nuclear option because if one party does it, the other one will, too.

The republicans have royally screwed themselves. Once the democrats have the majority again, they will steam roll the republicans.

You literally have no idea what you are talking about. This isn't about filibusters, but the power of the ruling party to override a filibuster.

You do realize Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same coin right? The POTUS works for the same (((people))) regardless of what party they claim to be from. You're fucking retarded and don't understand how the world works faggot

yep, if this was the rights last stand, they fucked themselves even more by doing this.

dems can now put anyone they want onto the supreme court with only a simple majority

National CCW reciprocity here we come! fuck yall

>Democrats having a majority again

That'll never happen

Libcucks BTFO

>le orange president may may

Filibusters are a retarded stalling tactic, one which is not explicitly defined or protected under the US constitution.

Oh fuck yes. I'm in California and I can't wait for this to happen.

Every 4-8 years the system switches, with elections every 4-6 years. Also, Trump didn't get the majority vote, and those voters will be putting more democrats into the House of Representatives.

Democrats already did it under Obama.

True, but the republicans just robbed themselves of it, and they love to filibuster, too. But only this kind of filibuster.

You don't know what you're talking about. This is only about overriding a filibuster for federal judge nominees, not legislation or anything else. Filibustering judges only started 16 years ago and Gorsuch is the first SCOTUS nominee to whom it ever happened.

Replaces a conservative with a conservative, so doesn't really do much of anything.

Waiting for RBG to kick the bucket.

FUNFACT: It was super Liberal Harry Reid who came up with the Nuclear option for the Senate. Democrats have no one to blame but themselves for making a rule to screw over Republicans only for it to be used on them because Trump didn't want to appoint a Globalist to fight against himself.

I think you are talking about 2013

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_option#Events_of_November_2013

"This ruling's precedent eliminated the use of the filibuster against all executive branch nominees and judicial nominees other than to the Supreme Court.[65] The actual Senate rule was never changed."

It has been changed now.

>6 million years of tradition

You should read my post directly above yours.

>They call it the nuclear option because if one party does it, the other one will, too.
...which is what you're seeing right now, already. Did you just crawl out from under a rock?

SHITLIBS OFFICIALLY ANNIHILATED

Senate rules can literally be changed at any time, and this rule had zero tradition. We are back to how things are supposed to be.

Yes and that is what set the stage for it being used here. Harry Reid even said before the election that if Hillary won and they took back the Senate they were going to use it for Hillary's nominee.
thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/302513-reid-dems-could-change-rules-for-supreme-court-nominees

Yea, in blue states

The republicans changed the rules. I know a lot of Trump supporter are confused, thinking the democrats did it at some point in the past, but the rule was there until the republicans just changed it. You can look at Or google it yourself. Just remember that internet searches are inside a biased bubble based around your search history.

So the only thing it destroyed was the sacred 16 year old tradition of filibustering judges

More like 100 years, but I think you get the point.

>Democrats change the rules for all judges but scotus
>They dindu nuffin
>Republicans change it for scotus
>They screwed themselves
Really activated my almonds.

No, literally 16 years. It didn't happen prior to Bush 43.

volokh.com/2013/03/13/on-judicial-confirmations-history-and-numbers/