This has little to do with Syria and everything to do with China
Let me break it down for you:
>america starts moving military units to SKorea in preparation for a shitshow
>NK drops ICBM in ocean as a FU to america
>Assad supposedly gasses civvies
>Trump goes from "idgaf about assad" to "something must be done"
>Xi Jinping comes to America to discuss NK shenanigans
>Russia says support for Assad isn't unconditional
>Russia gets a warning call from Trump to pull troops out of the base about to be bombed
>Trump lives up to his "responsibility" and "does something" on the SAME DAY he's meeting with Xi Jinping
>Drops 50 fucking bombs on base where gas strikes "were launched"
>No russian troops injured or killed
>China sees what happens if it doesn't play ball and get NK to chill
>Evidence starts coming out about the false flag nature of attack
>Trump gets more excuse to gut intelligence community

HYPOTHESIS:
Russia and Trump are working together to put China on their heels.
>Russia supposedly has control of all Assad's chemical weapons
>Chemical weapon attack came out of a russian controlled airbase
>Images coming out of syrian attack don't make sense for sarin or chlorine gas -> likely false flag
MEANWHILE
>duerte (a us ally) makes moves in the south China sea, taking uninhabited islands

End result?
Xi is SHITTING HIS PANTS

Bump

Honestly hope so. I'm not the biggest Trump fan but I'd like to think he is surrounded by some intelligent people.

this theory has been posted a million times

It's neocon shit. Puts us closer to war for no reason.

Is Syria better off now?
Are we going to have a better time with ISIS now?

it was a fucking neocon satisfying attack with no goals.

It's stupid as fuck. China isn't going to back down over a fucking cruise missile strike in the sandbox.

>autistic NEET thinks he understands geopolitics
Just stick to your risk threads ya fucking moran.

so obama drone strikes were actually based emperor obongo laying down the law to china?

YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND WHY THE NEOCONS ARE HAPPY

They like this attack because it puts us closer to war and fucks up thing sin Syria. Now we have more chance of war. It's an escalation attack.

Do you think North Korea is going to give up Nukes because of this?
Do you think China is going to leave south china sea over this?

All this accomplished was a step towards Iraq War 2.0

Great. When are all the illegal immigrants getting deported the fuck out of my country?

>Is Syria better off now?

No, but it's not all that much worse either. I mean, pretty much evacuated from the base prior to the attack, only a handful of MIGs have been destroyed so.... meh.

A bit of a stretch, but I agree with the basic tenet which is that this is a show of strength to the Chinese, its just not all about North Korea (although North Korea is a yuge part of it).

As for the Russian/US collusion by back channels, don't know how deep that rabbit hole could go but I don't think it goes as far as you think. Trump's move makes Obama administration look weak, as well as whatever foreign policy advisors that are still in office or bitching about the Trump administration from the sideline.

Either way its a pretty big move for Trump, that seems to be playing out quite well for him. He (arguably) caught the Russians a bit by surprise, and shows American strength at a time when it was tested repeatedly by the Russians and Assad. It is a show of strength to China, I'll host you at my resort but by the way look what we aren't afraid to do.

Finally it calls into question the Russian-Trump collusion meme and makes every retard who kept reporting every single little detail of usually standard diplomatic protocol and business relations with foreign powers.

Digits if true

after safe zones have been set up in Syria

Most of Sup Forums agrees and I saw that the first five minutes after the news broke out and it was a "limited strike", its mostly /sg/ sperging out like a bunch of fags that their favorite sandnig got slapped around a little.

yeah
the """gas attack""" supposedly killed 25 kids
5 deaths in retaliation is a down-shift slap on the wrist

Yes, and we have troops in Syria. We have air strikes in Syria. We have a clear objective of removing ISIS.

None of our long-term goals, troop safety, or anything was helped by this. It was a waste of money and only hurts our long-term strategy in syria. This is what neocon's want because they want fucking Iraq War 2.0

>Is Syria better off now?
Neocon detected

Neocons want the Jihadis to rule Syria and genocide of the Alawites and Christians.

I'm talking about our war effort against ISIS.

Trump ran on focusing on ISIS and not getting involved in two fronts in Syria.

>Cruz missiles

I knew Ted would come in handy.

>Australia killed a hundred SAA as part of the coalition against ISIS last year
>Turkey shot down an actual fucking Russian jet two years ago
Nothing came of those two happenings and yet this time somehow it will be any worse? I dint think so, the Russians are already back at the negotiating table, pic related.

>None of our long-term goals, troop safety, or anything was helped by this

Trump showed he really means business and now nobody can accuse him of the MUH RUSSIA bullshit, so there was definitively something to gain here.

Give him a week. If in that time this escalates into open calls to remove Assad by Trump, then yeah, he went full neocon. If not, there's a bigger game being played.

That's your theory, but all signs are pointing that these events are pure neocon shit with Israel in the background laughing.

Regardless of how you look at it, trump has more to lose by doing what he has done.

Big chance of happenings now.

you really think one little bombing run is going to help ISIS that much
calm your panties girl

It's equally possible that we will see Russia and the US working together in Syria to set up safe zones, push out Israeli influence, and SEND HOME THE REFUGEES

I don't have anything to add but I'm bumping to counter the absolute shilling madness that is Sup Forums atm

Zero chance of anything happening, Tillerosn has alrady said their view of Assad is back to pre-gassing, and the Russians have re-established communication hotline. The SAA will probably start taking more territory in Idlib and the SDF will have entered Al-Thawrah (Tabqa) by next week.

Yeah, and it all it cost were the lives of good, decent men protecting their country from ISIS.
Fuck off, back to r/the_donad with you and all your kind.

Cruz missiles or Trump tomohawks

worth it to fuck with china

Bump

>MUH 4D CHESS

No, Trump is just an impulsive moron who has no idea what the fuck he is doing.

no path to victory amirite hilldogs

>really means business
this is such a shitty pretext for war mongering

China should go ahead and blow up some phillipino ships to show what bad asses they are to scare us in south china with this logic.

Says you.

You're equating one abandoned airbase with a handful of MIGs there with ships filled with crew members?

he's not actually warmongering he's playing an intimidation game

this is actually a pretext to start working with russia against china

Bamp

>page 4 in one minute
wew

Because nothing says "let's work together" like annihilating their airbase to bits.

after warning them and giving them time to remove all personnel

also the gas attack false flag were planned between trump and putti

have a source?

Also the speed in which trump decided to pull the trigger is a factor.

Obama took weeks and eventually failed to attack Syria. It suits our interests that Trump appears decisive and a bit of a cowboy.

The US and South Korea should conduct some special forces exercises where the Practice liberating forced labor camps.

Because if lil' Kim feels like he is going down, he is likely to murder all those people held captive in his camps. He is closer to Jim Jones than Saddam.

American pig dogs cannot stand against BEST KOREA and GLORIOUS LEADER with HIS SUPERIOR NAVAL FORCES

I'm still annoyed but you might be right.

>Obama took weeks and eventually failed to attack Syria.
but... but... He drew a line in the sand!

All memes aside, this is a good theory, and is now my personal opinion on the matter. Its just too hard to fathom how trump could've been a neocon all along. He wasn't. It truly was a strategic move

>Give him a week
I've given him many weeks since he started filling the swamp, nothing good will come of Trump.

trump will NEVER side completely with neocons, he really hates mccain/hillary types, he said so repeatedly before. i acually have faith that this was just a show of force that wont escalate. what worries me is that he btfo bannon and tillerson said assad had to go

>this is a good theory
It's not even a theory, it is a shill hypothesis.

Really, because last time I checked the Clintons and the Trumps were friends.

The attack was telegraphed in the media the day before and the warning call. I am surprised anyone was killed and the destroyed jets were probably grounded mig21s with most of their parts cannabalized

Colloquially speaking the two terms are interchangeable. Stop being autistic.

>doing a power play knowing it will cause international conflict

More likely then your dumb fuck theory is that the chemicals weapons that were used were the ones that the united states supplied to turkey which would link the direct rebel attack back to the united states when the Russian investigation was completed

Deep State garbage

>planned between trump and putti
Free helicopter rides for all CIA.

a theory is a set of propositions that satisfy the observed evidence

this is A theory, it might not be the right one, but it does meet the criterion for one

stupid burger

assad didnt even do it lol

No, because a theory is rigorously tested.

>>Russia supposedly has control of all Assad's chemical weapons
Where do you get your information? The CWs were given to US/NATO forces for destruction. The US signed off of hundreds of tons of them.

The actual destruction operations, performed by a team of U.S. Army civilians and contractors, destroyed 600 metric tons of chemical agents in 42 days.

If you're looking for some chemical weapon broken arrow, start there.

Fucking dumbass. Do you not know what is meant by "colloquially"?

>satisfy the observed evidence
There is no observed evidence, this is speculation.

>Do you not know what is meant by "colloquially"?
It's a word I don't much care for.

what is /sg/

last time i checked, they were complete oposites in political issues and he threatened to jail her. but you knew that already, fagot shill. get the fuck out of here, you wont achieve shit

Yes goy leave geopolitics to the (((experts))). An intelligent person can understand how the world works, moron.

>implying that the government cannot multitask

Fuck off shill. They're getting deported as we speak.

Nobody fucking died

Syrian General

tfw trumptards actually believe a few missiles hit in Syria will somehow frighten us, not even close yanks

islands like this are more strategic than uninhabited ones

No one died

And the only planes on the tarmac were old pieces of junk.

It's all for show.

>no one died

You're right
The only thing that did die was all the evidence that could implicate McCain and the deep state

Good job Goyim

you're right but its still bad. Unnecessary military escalation that either puts us closer to war with China if true or closer to war with Russia if not.

>uninhabited ones
we inhabited the best islands in SCS, not every island can be built into a military base you know

I love how neocon is the new alt-right. I love your blanket titles. They're so trendy. Oh baby call me something else I'm not.

YES Goyim it's to put China in place

Just build more islands, then.

FWIW this isn't about the South China Sea. This is about Best Korea being uppity. China needs to rein in their dog before it gets kicked.

You have no better idea of what the fuck is going on so stop throwing around meaningless memes. It's a waste of energy faggot

Yeah I don't think anyone following this story closely, believes that what's going on is objectively good. For some reason we're all masochists and enjoy knowing the shitty truth than the slightly less shitty lie. China doesn't exactly seem like the kind of country that gets "heel'd" very easily

>build more islands
you can't build islands out of no where, it has to be built on concrete reefs, yes we inhabited those too

>China needs to rein in their dog
year 2017, still believes China has any control over BK