Calm Syria Thread #2

This thread is for the calm, orderly discussion of the airstrike in Syria, motives behind it, reactions to it, and so on.

There are an enormous amounts of shills and shitposters screaming about both Trump being in the right/5D chessmaster and about him being wrong/A jewish shill. This is on top of a number of extremely bewildered, panicking Sup Forumsacks. Please try to keep that kind of thing out of this thread

>why don't you take this to /ptg/ or /sg/?
Because both have turned overnight into hellish echo chambers. If you try and say anything going against the hive mind, the Trump supporters/Unironic "Death to America" posters will drown you out and shit on you.

basic idea:
>keep calm and be polite to each other
>no copypasta
>avoid yelling/insulting each other while debating

Summary of what in the previous thread people seemed to conclude

>Trump was forced to take some measure of action after the gas attack or risk political suicide via the media claiming he was not taking action due to being in bed with Russia/loss of face for the US and being perceived as weak
>intense pressure on Trump from neocons/warhawks, however he seems to be trying to placate them with the minimal application of force
>There is not enough information at this time to determine if the attack was really by Assad/Syria, was a false flag, or was rogue elements of Assads military, or even Russia/China/Deep state actors in the US
>the possibility of Trump using the current situation as a power play to China in regards to North Korea cannot be discounted
Overall, we don't really know much of anything right now. Much will depend on Trump's actions in the next week.

So, what are your thoughts on what's happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5frLs4qNmk0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

also should add, that if you just feel like flopping in here to take a break from the unending shitstorm outside, feel free.

If it was a mistake, then there is a silver lining in that more people will wake up to the possibility of Bashar al-Assad being innocent of all charges against him in recent years.

HOLY FUCK ITS HAPPENING

THIS IS IT

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I personally don't think Assad is innocent.

In regards to the chemical weapons attacks? Sure, it's likely. But he's been an absolutely brutal dictator in the civil war. He hasn't been killing only ISIS and terrorists, there have been significant civilian casualties.

My initial reaction was, shit, he's now with (((them))) and to see people continuing the Trump meme just showed they didn't actually get it and jumped on the bandwagon. Also, what the fuck was the story with the FBI guy who predicted this?I was reading a thread about it last night and woke up to the strikes being confirmed. I haven't read anything else about it today.

Trump was probably ignorant during election process.
probably thought ISIS and Al-Qaeda were a bigger threat to Israel then Assad.
Now his Jewish cabinet have informed him that Syria's alliance with Iran and Hezbollah is far more dangerous and that Israeli's being surrounded by crazed Muslims who don't actually have any real power is actually advantageous to the Israeli's.
It's not WW3 though, Trump was just trying to show Putin how big his dick is and that he's ready to play ball if he has too.
Stupid really though, just makes him look like another lying politician

With all due respect, but none of the "basic ideas" make any current geopolitical sense, you are making incredible mental gymnastics in order not to see the truth, the USA just Attacked Syria, end of line.Dont come here spouting horsehit about deep state agents and shit, this is a direct order from the top brass.

the "5D Chess Movement" is a just wishful thinking, dont be naive. What Trumps says, his intentions, his goals, are conceal to you, dumbasses , you believe you know "something" about Trump, but in reality , REALITY all caps, you relay in 3rd parties, you dont know ANYTHING about him..

Why dont you see the simple truth ? You guys are so mis-informed, and therefore will believe anything presented to you, as longs as it whistles the way you want. Be MSM or Alternative media, its the same thing.

"Our job will be complete until everything the USA population believes, is a lie."
Former CIA Head Honcho.

You guys are being played like a violin by them and are going straigh into their September 23 mega-trap. Goodspeed but, guys if you think you are going to fix anything in your country just by posting funny memes in a honeypot board, you are being deceived by this "people". You "will" need to do something.

I think the chemical weapons usages have mostly been rebels or isis. Assad destroyed his declared weapons although there may have been more. It's likely weapons were seized by rebels before they were destroyed and some were by isis in Iraq a few years ago but called a non threat. That being said, trump was forced to take some action and descaltion measures were used and deaths were minimal. I think it's a good play because it forces media to like him and ends the Russia bs from anyone serious. As long as this doesn't continue, it's good.

It's still better than isis. We made this mistake three times in the past decade already.

That's some fresh copypasta user, did you cook it up just for us?

ID"S HAPPENING WE WUZ MUTANTS FROM RADIATING NUKES N SHEEIT AYO WE ALL GONNA DIE
BRB GONNA KMS MY SELF IN ORDER TO AVOID THE SUFFERING ATTENDANT TO
TOTAL
NUCLEAR
ANNIHILATION
OF
THE
WORLD

>keep calm and be polite to each other
>no copypasta
>avoid yelling/insulting each other while debating
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

I understand that user, believe me. Assad is the lesser of two evils, but he is not a good guy.

Trump basically had to do something after the gas attack. I don't think he wants Assad gone, at least until ISIS is dead, so he did the smallest thing possible.

My bet on what's going to happen is that Russia/US/Assad negotiate for Assad to step down from power after ISIS and the various other rebel groups are defeated.

This is just speculation though. Nobody really knows what's going to happen now.

>trump was forced
Except he wasn't. He was pushed by neocons and leftist fucks to do something and he caved.

>As long as this doesn't continue, it's good
He's already lost an enormous amount of his following solely because of this event.

Copy pasta ? i am here all day , baby.

But it did came out "Pasta-looking", i will concede that to you

Im not sure what exactly to think yet, although I hope this is just a message to Assad (if he did do it) that he needs to cut this shit out. I'm sure that Trump definitely had trying to kill the Russia collusion story in mind, along with your point about China.

Hopefully this is just him making a statement he's not going to be a pussy in office and this all dies down within a couple weeks. I think it's too early to throw around the neo-con label, but only time will tell

I'll put something in your butt if you keep that up user.
>except he wasn't
What other action could he have taken in this situation though, that wouldn't have been worse?

I get that people are saying he should have done nothing/done an Obama, but that would have quite possibly destroyed him because of the Russian thing.

was waiting for this

It would be the better move to do something like that m this was a token surgical strike, not an invasion. I don't even think assad is behind the majority of the gas uses in the war, they seem to only happen when he's winning.

You think waging a war was the only solution to prove to leftists he's not a Russian puppet?

He's gained support from those that were completely against him last week for a token attack. I don't think his base has crumbled, just some here.

He's not waging a war though.

This was a targeted strike that had minimal casualties and mostly took the airbase out of commission. There's no indication at this time it was a prelude to anything more than that.

If this strike turns out to be all that ends up happening with the Syria situation, how realistic is it that his base gets over it and hops back on the train?

Europe Will Suceed

I don't think his base is off the train. He took a hit definitely, but that's mostly due to the fact that there hasn't been any overt action taken against anyone in so long, it seems extra shocking. Sup Forums as it is currently is in a state of meltdown because people seem to think we're going to war with Syria, when we aren't.

Reroll

Why do you think we aren't?

I don't think there is much to discuss, really. I've always had an issue with the dick sucking of Trump by the right. He's a member of the Republican party, and is surrounded by neocons and liberals.

Here's what he was: A substitute to prevent Clinton from taking over. Blindly patriotic. To help secure the second amendment.

What he isn't: The savior of the white race, a nationalist leader, a charismatic man, anti-establishment

He's done a lot of stupid stupid shit in his first portions of the presidency. He's done good things, but ultimately, many of you need to admit, he's not like us. He's a zionist, a blind nationalist, and increasingly neoconservative.

I think it's important to look at combinations. He allegedly was having dinner with Chinese officials less than an hour before he ordered the strike, so yes, it's a power play. However, past that it becomes hard to determine what goes where.

I think the conclusions so far are all good and concrete, at least. From these assumptions, where else can we go?

>So, what are your thoughts on what's happened?
Trump got played. They were obviously waiting for something like this. I thought he'd call a no fly zone. The US dosn't seem to have a next step yet.

Because Trump warned Russia (and by proxy Syria) before the attack, Syria called it an act of aggression rather than an act of war, and because after the targeted strike we haven't taken any further action against Syria.

>no fly zone
A no fly zone would be far worse than the strike on the airfield.

The Syrians absolutely rely on air power to hold their lines, they would collapse without it. As is, Trump destroyed an airfield and some planes. It's a setback for Assad, but a slap on the wrist basically.

Honestly, I love the show of strength from a true leader. I've been very sour about Obama's indecisiveness with what to do about Syria since 2011.

Its hard for me to see so many turning on Trump after the attack. The way I see it they're either children, too delusional or immature to handle reality, or shills

turn off limbaugh. Obama made a choice, congress refused to vote on it.

Drumpf supporters are now Neoconservative supporters.
>Drumpf supporters are now Neoconservative supporters.

HE SOLD YOU OUT!!! BWHAHAHAHA *INHALES* BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Your BOY, Drumpf, is now a Neocon.

I usually take pride in having an informed opinion on events, however unpopular it may be, but right now I have no clue what is really happening with this Syrian attack shenanigans, and it's making me eerily uncomfortable..

Eh, I feel that a lot of them were just hoping for there to be no interventions ever. It was one of his campaign promises. That he was backed into a corner and forced to do this doesn't matter to them, they're hurt by feeling that they're betrayed.

That it happened to involve Assad/Russia doesn't help either, since a lot of people here think Assad is a super good guy and not just good when compared to ISIS, and people love Russia here for obvious reasons.

ALLAH

SOURIA

BASHAR OU BAS

Nobody has any idea of what's going on, we're all basically just guessing. Heck, don't even believe me or anyone else in this thread blindly, think things over first.

Obama didn't NEED congress to vote on it, he was deliberately pushing the responsibility off to them.

truly the actions of a strong leader

I think the thread might die in a bit, there's just too much mindless droning and shilling going back and forth on all sides right now for a slower thread like this to stay afloat.

>thanks for providing me with a safe space user
Question Time (UK current affairs/debate programme) massively reinforced the ebil assad narrative. literally no-one bothered to say 'lets wait for the results of some non-partisan investigation, or a shred of evidence".
The parameters of the debate were firmly set between two poles: "we shouldnt go anything drastic because we took out dictator before and that went badly" and "the other side are moral cowards for not being willing to glass damascus and catapult syria into the fucking neolithic era"
we are fighting against the tide desu.
On the positive side, Trumps response seemed to go ok, and was the only possible non-fuck up outcome.

All we can do is wait and see.

Let’s say the world believes Assad or a rogue general under his command gassed his own people. If Trump does nothing, he appears weak, and it invites mischief from other countries. But if he launches 59 Tomahawk missiles at a Syrian military air base base...

1. He just solved for the allegation that he is Putin’s puppet. He doesn’t look like Putin’s puppet today. And that was Trump’s biggest problem, which made it America’s problem too. No one wants a president who is under a cloud of suspicion about Russian influence.

2. He solved (partly) for the allegation that he is incompetent. You can hate this military action, but even Trump’s critics will call it measured and rational. Like it or not, President Trump’s credibility is likely to rise because of this, if not his popularity. Successful military action does that for presidents.

3. He just set the table for his conversations with China about North Korea. Does China doubt Trump will take care of the problem in China’s own backyard if they don’t take care of it themselves? That negotiation just got easier.

4. Iran might be feeling a bit more flexible when it’s time to talk about their nuclear program.

5. His plan of a Syrian Safe Zone requires dominating the Syrian Air Force for security. That just got easier.

6. Syria’s government just got more flexible. It probably wants to keep the rest of its military.

If it turns out that the sarin gas attack that sparked this military action didn’t come from Assad, it doesn’t much matter. President Trump will bank all of the benefits above even if the attack turns out to be a hoax. We know Assad had some chemical weapons at one point, and probably used them. No one will be crying for Assad if the attack was unnecessary. And realistically, the public will never be 100% sure who was behind the attack.

Thank you, the amount of shilling on this board is ridiculous.

There were some obvious positives to this whole thing and I sincerely doubt we'll be taking an on the ground approach the Syria.

This stuff is actually exhausting me believe it or not. I've been posting on Sup Forums since around the time Dorner started murdering police, and I've never seen such venom and blatant mindless shilling before.

The ideal course of action would have been none of this happening and no intervention, but Trump was backed up to a wall.

Nobody knows anything canuck.
all you can do is speculate.
IMO, based on previous happenings etc, the most coherent interpretation is that bashar did it to test how trump would react. thats literally a guess based on almost nothing.

I was a Trump supporter but this is going too far. First the failure to build a wall, and now this?

I don't think it was a bad move but it definitely adds global tensions

Now RUS doesn't want to seem weak and will want to take some kind of action

I just want to play P5 peacefully

Wall's underway as we speak and with Gorsuch in the SC we have the travel ban assured as well. Thee issue here is objectionable but possibly something can be salvaged.

He hasn't even been President for a year, how could you expect him to fulfill all of his campaign promises?

He's already done more than a majority of men in his position.

What happened to patience and understanding that politics is slow?

>And realistically, the public will never be 100% sure who was behind the attack.
this makes me rage
same as ghouta and the one immediately before
'who is actually behind it' is no longer relevant, or even possible to prove

Straight up brother, finally some sense on Sup Forums. Don't forget his collusion with Russia and how he couldn't even ban fucking Muslims. We should meme his impeachment.

So many people are involved in Syria that it could be anyone.

You could make arguments for it being Israel, the US (either done knowingly or by deep state to force Trump to do something), China, Russia, Assad.

It's infuriating because it's obvious who did it but people (Even Sup Forums users) get caught in the bullshit that the 24-hour news cycle causes.

you guys sound like mild-mannered shareblue shills

user please. Don't make me spank you.

there are natural cycles in play here, dont give up on Sup Forums yet man.
wtf is p5
Isreal is an oobvious possibilty which no one will ever mention, ever. it could also easily be rebel infighting, with the secondary objective of framing assad and getting attention.
whats your best guess user, you know something i dont?

it's a guy who responded to himself.

>Trump was forced to take some measure of action
gtfo /r/the_donald

What would you recommend he had done then Serbian user? What alternate course of action should he have taken?

>777
>22

Checked and kek'd

Forget the wall for right now. That's going to take a LOT of time. Our job now is trying to keep the only thing stopping ISIS (FSA as well) from becoming a country, in power -- the Syrian Arab Army. I've lost a lot of faith, but not only do we need to slow down and breath, but also realize the only things we should do as of now is abandon dogmatism, blind patriotism, realizing (((America))) is, and has for most its history, been a leader in globalism and cultural destruction, hold the right-wing accountable, keep the far-right community together and united against our enemies, and wait. Once we wait, analyze his language and actions in the future, only then can we truly come up with a solid plan and diagnosis of the issue.

Praise kek! Trump must be impeached.

One thing I find odd is that a general died. What are the possibilities this general used the Chemical weapons behind Assad's back?

If he did, was him remaining in the base his execution? I mean this guy is a high level asset he had no reason to remain there and die. Perhaps he was executed for a different reason

it was carried out by al-qaeda/isis/alnursa front

the white helments (who recovered bodies) were there and they have ties to those groups and were handling dead sarin filled bodies with their bare hands.

so much of this shit is fake, if it even happened.

same thing in 2013

Are you still here Serbian user?

Two questions:
Did anyone, syrian or russian, get injured from the Tomahawk attacks?
Did Russia attack any American troops on syrian soil before?

Reports seem to indicate a few Syrian soldiers were killed. No Russians however.

The weird thing is, Russia was warned beforehand, and so by proxy, Syria was too. Why didn't they bunker down?

There also

>Did anyone, syrian or russian, get injured from the Tomahawk attacks?

There's anywhere from 0 to 7 deaths depending on sources. Missiles were targeted at hangars and runways purposefully to avoid killing too many people. Russians, and by proxy the Syrians, were warned of the attack before hand. The missiles are slow enough that they would've had anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours before impact.

>Only a few months in office

Please get the fuck out of Sup Forums you don't belong here.

Hope Assad uses all of his sarin gas in the next days, so usa have a reason to attack

It had 0 casualties if I'm not mistaken. Not minimal. Minimal implies as few as possible but still at least one.

Calm down user. That guy is pretty obviously funposting/replying to himself. It doesn't belong in the thread, but there's no need to get mad at him about it.

WE'RE BREAKING THE CONDITIONING!
AHHHHHHHHHHH! RRRRRRRR!

anyway, I'm gonna do some things for a bit. Hopefully the thread won't die in the meantime, but there is a large amount of shitposting threads and such going on. If it does, I'll make a Calm Thread #3 later on.

Based on the one official statement made yesterday, peacefully removing Assad after wiping out Isis seems like the plan, at least for America. Iirc Assad has made comments about transitioning to a democracy after things settle down. With the strike being against a nearly empty base, we can hopefully assume this means we won't have another Libya

t. 5 piece burrito meal

>Launches over 40 missiles
>Smallest thing possible
Plz when trump wants to go full swing I wanna see it in all of it's masterful destruction and glory
All will bow and weep
The meek shall inherit the earth

Praise Kek

Everyone who does not realize that it's a huge fucking mistake to attack some nation against international law based on pure assumptions without any evidence, is a fucking huge cuck and an idiot.

>al-qaeda/isis/alnursa front
one of them, all of them collaborating?
AQ and isis are not friends.
>dead sarin filled bodies with their bare hands.
ofc im not qualified, but the syptoms in the video are consistent with sarin exposure, and the number of casualties suggest sarin exposure. rebels arent capable of producing sarin on their own, not even al-nusra, previous rebel chem warfare was very limited in scope and caused very few casualties (when it worked) where would they get their hands on sarin?

Okay dude first off,
1) A REAL Navy Seal wouldn't go around bragging about his accomplishments and possibly reveal his identity.
2) The United States isn't a totalitarian regime so if you were to attack citizens randomly, then you'd be going to jail
and
3) What is a Navy Seal doing on Sup Forums anyways?
You're probably a NEWFAG who cannot get fucking laid.

trip will confirm for ww3. praise kek

There's been conflicting reports, I've heard 0-6 which is pretty small considering that's still only 1 kill per 10 fucking tomahawks

Look at the gramps who uses a radio or whatever thing he's talking about Lol
Obama didn't do shit just like the lazy porch monkey he was
TRUMP MISSILED SYRIA

I know that feel, bro.

The "Arab spring",Libya and Ukraine were easily predictable. You just knew that
Obama / Clinton will fuck everything up. If you know one of them, you know them all and you can predict things.

But Trumps Sperg out now came out of nowhere, even after the warmongering statements yesterday i was kind of sure that he wouldn't do something stupid like Obama, Bush, Clinton.
Maybe it's just safe to say that Trump is now like every US president before him..... then the next step would be a no-fly-zone.
I really hope that this does not happen.

We have ID posts you ducking dirty shill

Just popping in to say good thread, OP. Also great taste in MGS characters.

>Trump basically had to do something after the gas attack.
No, he did not have to do it.
He could just have said:
> Lets wait for actual evidence, because the Twitteraccount of some Al-Qaeda fighter is not a very trustworthy source.
He could just claim
> bring me evidence and i will do something
Who the hell would have opposed that?

youtube.com/watch?v=5frLs4qNmk0
This'll calm them!

> gorilla warfare
> gorilla

>bring me evidence and i will do something
>TRUMP IS A PUTIN PUPPET, HE WILL DO NOTHING ABOUT ASSAD GASSING INNOCENT BABIES.

>"America is a country of liberty"
>If they want to, they can control the world and unite it.
>they decided to use se airstrikes and chemical attacks.
>Fuck you Zero.

>>TRUMP IS A PUTIN PUPPET, HE WILL DO NOTHING ABOUT ASSAD GASSING INNOCENT BABIES.
Who cares about some stupid neocons and libtards saying this?
Nobody takes them seriously if they can't provide one single piece of evidence. Just remind them that they are exactly like the people who shouted "Muh, weapons of mass destructions".
Compare them to the guys who fucked up multiple times.

found the newfag