Why using chemical weapons is actually a bad thing??

Why using chemical weapons is actually a bad thing??

Other urls found in this thread:

poetryfoundation.org/poems-and-poets/poems/detail/46560
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I wouldn't expect a german to understand.

FPBP

Also try being exposed to CS gas. Now imagine the poor bastards that are exposed to shit like Sarin,Tabun, or VX.

Because appearently dying instantly from asphyxiation or shutting down the nervous system is worse than getting your arm blown off or body shredded from shrapnel then bleeding out to death while you feel every nerve in the body firing off in excrutiating pain while your buddies look on helpless and if you survive you are a deformed cripple that's deaf blind or dumb from the shock wave.

Chemical weapons sure are nasty. Yep nothing is worse than them.

>try getting shot in the dick with FMJ
>try getting your head caved in with a combat shovel
your argument is retarded
>war hurts owwweweweowww

Are Germans actually born without hearts? Is autism rampant across the German population?

i dont know

I read this book on WW1 by ernst junger and he gets gassed like once a week

he said it sucks but he walks it off

These guys would make excellent fashion models.

because it's easy mode killing
just like nuclear bombs

Yeah, you think Germans would be mad if you actually gassed our cities instead of firebombing them? Would have broken the morale just as good and killed just as many civilians, but at least the buildings would be still standing.

>Easy mode
>Not just putting on your gas mask or standard issue MMOP gear.

>Have a heart chemical weapons are bad
if it was about caring for people all weapons would be banned, chemical weapons just get a bad rep for being better and generally cheaper then "good" weapons.

Chemical weapons are only a good thing when Israel is using white phosphorus in Gaza, goy.

When Israel's enemies use them, then they are bad.

Get it?

Spoken like a true Canadian.

White phosphorus is not a chemical weapons. It's an incindiary. Do you even know what chemical weapons means?

I don't think you can quite put chlorine gas and some potent nerve agent on the same shelf tbqh senpai

This. I bet being shot in the stomach doesn't even hurt that much.

>but at least the buildings would be still standing.

which would lead to less breaking of morale.

Cannot have morale if all the inhabitants are dead mane.

My country is to much of a pussy filled nigger loving kike agenda pushing fag fest to even make a chemical weapon let alone deploy it.

here comes the pilpul

go ahead, explain it Jew

The military industrial complex would crumble if we actually killed them all.

Thank goodness for a land of love, peace, and diversity

what about the ones in the neighbouring villages who only get to see the pictures in the news? and the ones driving through the cities ...

the prospect of being gassed is even more terrifying though.

They got banned really early after the first attempts to use, basically in the aftermath of WW1. The first time they were used they weren't very effective, but created a lot of fear. Since there was not much development, at this point using chemical weapons damages reputation more than the enemy, which is why none of the major nations support them.

Please just send your emu's over and end us.

Chemical weapons are any gasses or liquids that are dispersed vial aresol and attack the nervous system lungs or skin in some chemical reaction (Cl2 and water to HCl in your lungs, or mustard nucleophilic attack from your DNA of the skin causing cell death hence blisters). We've got nerve agents, asphyxiating agents, and blood/pulmonary agents.

White phosphorous is basically worse napalm and burning at thousands degrees C through just about anything. It is not a chemical weapons but it is frowned upon by the international community just like cluster bombs.

Probably not. Dead is dead. Poison is being sprayed from airplanes already, and we eat and drink it. We are all test subjects for chemical weapons.

Their time will come. And they'll know it.

Even emus would be won over to Canada's creed of love and tolerance.

Typical German.

All weapons other than atomic are chemical weapons. They rely on a chemical exothermic reaction to cause destruction.

nice pair sheila!

cs is pussy shit. like tear gas

Too cheap, too deadly

We got rules bc you can fuck the entire planet up with one big plane formation spreadinf the gas in the atmosphere
Nukes can fuck shit up just as bad, thats why we got rules on them too. Not bc nukes are too painfull. These weapons are simply too powerfull

Basically this.
Early on they got their reputation as a weapon that often maimed its victims rather than outright killing them thanks to blister agents like mustard gas.

Nothing can save us then we will rule/destroy the world with our diversity and love. sorry everyone.

quick research shows White phosphorus is generally considered a chemical weapon when aimed at people. it seems to be a hotly debated thing.

but these semantic arguments miss my point completely.

Because they're indiscriminate

thanks to the devastation of the cities. buy your local bomb merchant a beer.

Its basic human instinct. People fear what they cannot see more that a visible threat.

Primal man or animals could just fight or flight when it comes to something visible. But diseases couldn't be combated so your only choice is to run in fear.

It breaks moral much better

>hotly debated

oh god this is just such a great post/response/digit combo

S H A D I L A Y

> being gassed is even more terrifying though.

People are not that paranoid over chemical weapons only because of a reputation set over 100 years ago. They arent that retarded to just blindly make these very hard and strict rules about them bc of a reputation

"death camps"
"gas chambers"
yet they were alive enough time to starve
fucking kikes man

In all likelihood, the """chemical weapons attack""" was a false flag. Even if it was not, I still don't care. Why should we send more young Americans to die for Israel? Because some sand niggers supposedly gassed each other? Christ...

Because a slight shift in the wind can cause massive civilian casualties.

>instantly
If we're talking sarin here basically you have a cold, then get nausea, lose bodily functions until you're a mess of vomit and shit because hey guess what that's all you'll be doing for the last 10 minutes of you're life. Unlike bullets there isn't a chance you'll just instantly die either you're fucked the same way always.

depends entirely on which chemical weapon

blood agents are ok
nerve agents are evil

This is why chemical weapons have to be illegal. Read the last stanza three times:

Dulce et Decorum Est
BY WILFRED OWEN

Bent double, like old beggars under sacks,
Knock-kneed, coughing like hags, we cursed through sludge,
Till on the haunting flares we turned our backs,
And towards our distant rest began to trudge.
Men marched asleep. Many had lost their boots,
But limped on, blood-shod. All went lame; all blind;
Drunk with fatigue; deaf even to the hoots
Of gas-shells dropping softly behind.

Gas! GAS! Quick, boys!—An ecstasy of fumbling
Fitting the clumsy helmets just in time,
But someone still was yelling out and stumbling
And flound’ring like a man in fire or lime.—
Dim through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.

In all my dreams before my helpless sight,
He plunges at me, guttering, choking, drowning.

If in some smothering dreams, you too could pace
Behind the wagon that we flung him in,
And watch the white eyes writhing in his face,
His hanging face, like a devil’s sick of sin;
If you could hear, at every jolt, the blood
Come gargling from the froth-corrupted lungs,
Obscene as cancer, bitter as the cud
Of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,—
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie: Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori.
poetryfoundation.org/poems-and-poets/poems/detail/46560

How are the gas attacks real, nigga ahaha, just hold your breath, nigga, like close your nose.

Feelsbadman. What the Allies did to Germany was horrible.

except it's a picture of warsaw. (bad bait)

Huh, I had no idea. Nonetheless, my point stands.

thats form WWI, blister agents most likely, nerve agents are worse

Laws are ultimately enforced because of political will. The general public is retarded. Military men care about effectiveness, and minimising political fallout so as to prevent political interference. If there was such a miraculous chemical weapon that amazing things, some would try to rationalise it, but as it stands there's no reason to reverse an old precedent with wide support.

You would not even be concious from shock. Your body would writhe and spasm but I your head you are already out.

Chemical weapons are shitty from a tactical perspective.
You could equip all of your soldiers with masks and suits and march on through that no-mans-zone you just created, or you could not create a no-mans-zone and not bother with masks and suits. Nothing really changes for a soldier--you get shot and you die. Dying from a chemical attack is just several times spookier.

The reason we don't do chemical attacks anymore is because they're basically the same thing as nuclear weapons (recall NBC stands for Nuclear-Biological-Chemical). NBC weapons (aka Weapons of Mass Destruction) are only good for taking out swathes of civilians. NBC weapons all leave entire tracts of land uninhabitable for extended periods of time, essentially guaranteeing the death of civilians.

Chlorine specifically.

Except poison wasn't used in WW2 and the first instance of poison gas being used in WW1 was by the French.
So go fuck yourself burger shit

And? Why its a bad thing?

Current state of the art nerve agents are not something you are wading into. Look into strategies of the cold war and area denial

You would Saturday a flank with VX and leave it. No need to cover it as you advance. Cleanup comes later.

well at least the nazis only bombed one ciy per nation to prove their point and demand surrender
like rotterdam or warsaw
the allies literally burned half hundred cities
just look at moscow or st petersburg, the nazi bombings were much more humane
don't let anyone told you the oposite

Taking out large civilian populations leaves people extremely butthurt, and in a post-nuclear age, you don't want to do that.

well, chlorine isnt a blister agent, I was wrong

our current treaties regarding the rules of war generally outline that the opposition should either be cleanly/quickly killed or simply incapacitated enough to be removed from combat. any weapons meant to cause excruciating deaths, unrepairable injuries, or any other torturous methods are banned.

This includes tight restrictions on usage and deployment of flamethrowers, mines, and even what types of bullets can or can't be used in battle.

It's not about pain, it's about the ease of use and ease of concealment. Same reason salt can't be used as a nuclear isotope, because it's fucking deadly af and available everywhere.

>This includes tight restrictions on usage and deployment of flamethrowers

Pretty sure there are no actual rules of warfare against the use of them, they're just not useful anymore.

Wow, actually read that in a book today.

because getting shot in the face and incinerating your lungs is far better than choking on sarin gas and having a full recovery.

most likely because if they were allowed there would be chemical weapons 100 times more deadly and efficient than nukes

Asphyxiating but who cares. Fun fact. Chlorine was the spookiest in WW1 but the least effective. Phosgene, mustard, and lewsite were far more lethal (and mixtures there in)

>holohoax

mostly because if the wind changes you kill your own people.

It kills people. Using guns is bad. Killing others in general is a bad thing. German cucks kill for fun so I get the confusion you have.

>stealth gas attack
>instant ghost town with bodies fucking everywhere
yeah moral would be pretty much gone

>my point stands.

I don't know whether there is any point to be made at all. I just wanted to bait some poles. But knowing what transpired in the east I can not condemn the allies. Not at all.

Interestingly the Germans developed the first nerve agents for combat prior to WWII. However the Germans did not use them in combat because the American scientific literature concerning chemistry made no mention of organophosphourus research. The Germans interpreted that as the US had shit that was worse but not publishing it and fearing horrifying retaliation, no nerve agents were used. The US had not even developed anything new in chemical weapons until the cold war.

I'm pretty sure faggotry to leafland's levels is able to deploy AIDS to a scale massive enough to count as a weapon

French were the first to deploy a tear agent. Germans were the first to use a lethal gas thanks in part to the work and influence of Fritz Haber.

Thanks in part to their dye manufacturing process which left a fuck ton of chlorine as a byproduct.

Also the French gas attack was so comically ineffective it barely made it into history.

warsaw wasn't even bombed. it was burned and the civilian shot as retaliation for an uprising. the war in eastern europe was disgusting right from the beginning. these pows for instance were promised their life. no one survived that day.

> Chemical weapons sure are nasty.
> Yep nothing is worse than them.

the worst things about chemical weapons are 1) the costs, chemicals are dirt cheap, there's really no money to make with them 2) no control, if they're not being bought they cannot be controlled.
this is why all mass media condems chemical warfare.