In Italy the AVERAGE age to leave home is 26

>In Italy the AVERAGE age to leave home is 26
Why do Italians still live with their parents well into their 20s?

pizza pasta

spaghetti

lol check spain/greece/portugal

>it's called EU

Italians are huge mamas boys thats why
big spoiled tittybabys

probably because they have a strong family unit and the kids don't hate their parents

Because Italian parents don't resent their children for existing and want them out of the house as soon as possible so they can enjoy the life of mindless consumerism they fantasize about on account of spending 8 hours a day in front of the electric Jew?

Because there's no reason to move out before then?

I'm 27 and live with my parents. Why would I move out? I have a job, help with the bills, got enough space to myself. I'd only move out if I were gonna start a family or something.

It's similar here desu, why move out when house prices are fucking stupid and you don't even have a gf anyway because the typical early marriage and lots of children dream is fucked

Probably because their parents don't hate them and aren't clamouring to get them out of the house at the first moment to save precious shekels

Italy has a very strong "family culture", even if they did move out, it'd be someplace five minutes down the road, and they'd meet each day or almost.
That, and their economy is completely gone to shit.

Probably because Europe is more densely populated and European houses aren't made of cardboard so housing is more expensive. Why move out of your home, which is your property too that you are going to inherit some day?

In fact, this line of thinking, that feeds you a myth of "independence", is part of what destroys the family, because if people don't even stick together as family, how could they stick together as a nation?

Clearly, this helps certain elements that are forever strangers in the lands they inhabit, because if there are no cohesive groups within and everyone is an individual it is much harder to point them out and notice their doing.

Hey newsflash we don't have an entire eden-like continent that we can endlessly pave over with crapshacks burger faggot

>Why do Italians still live with their parents well into their 20s?
why the fuck would you pay rent to some jew rather than save that money for something worthwhile?

No, Italians actually move out of their parents' house much later than other young people in Europe. You are right that housing in Europe is more expensive than in the USA, and that is certainly a factor, but OP isn't wrong when he treats it as specifically an Italian thing.

There is literally nothing with living really close to your parents so they can help you do things like watch the kids if something comes up or you just need a break. I'm almost positive one of the reason so many new American parents are so neurotic is because they have no fallback plan when things go wrong on account of living in completely different parts of the country from their families.

You've never had REAL Italian cooking.
If I had access to that stuff, I'd never move out.

>There is literally nothing [wrong (?)] with living really close to your parents
Never said it was
>so they can help you do things like watch the kids if something comes up or you just need a break.
That's the thing though, it's not "Mum can you come over and watch the kids", it's "spend almost every single afternoon/evening with your parents and your siblings and your siblings' families, sometimes your cousins too".
Again, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that.

>tfw opposite of Italian
>tfw have to pay father rent
>mfw in college
>mfw just barely getting across the line

Boomers were the first generation in human history to leave their parents homes at all

Family used to stay together, don't fall for the boomer meme

That's pretty much every nationality outside of the United States. Most children live with their parents until they get married just about everywhere else in the world.

>implying moving out at an early age isn't a Jewish scam to break up the family unit and strip could-be members of the middle-class of their wealth, ensuring they'll either be in debt or in the lower-middle/working glass grey are.

It's fucking insanity but even family is now divided in America

>stay longer with your parents
>parents maintain you so you can focus on study while studying for a good career
>graduate and use said career to land a decent and stable job and move out
>use said job to help your parents later on their lives so they can live in their house and not live in a concentration camp disguised as a nursing home or rely on shitty pensions only

That wasn't meant to be a response to you as much as an elaboration on what you were saying.

>That's the thing though, it's not "Mum can you come over and watch the kids", it's "spend almost every single afternoon/evening with your parents and your siblings and your siblings' families, sometimes your cousins too".
That's even better.

if you don't know there's no point trying to explain. you're like an elephant, I'm a tiger.

>not living with your parents until you're well established and have tens of thousands in savings
>moving out to "prove yourself" and "be independent" by paying for landlord Shekelstein's mortgage in a tiny apartment

I'm 30 and I'm moving out for the first time later this month, have tens of thousands in savings as a result. Don't give one flying fuck.

you've wasted the best years of your life at your parents house.

43 here still living with my parents.

Kinda sad

Why is that? What's the difference between being at home and being in an apartment and having less money? I've always had long term stable gfs so it's not like I ever had to bring tinder matches home or something.

Now I can throw this money on a home and have less mortgage to pay.

Go make some waffles and get beheaded by a Muslim

different cultures. in the west, theres more societal pressure to move out at a young age. it'd be great, if it wasn't for the fact that it's hard for millennials to move out (lack of jobs, expensive homes, etc)

At first it was "C'è la crisi dio cane"
Then it was "C'è la crisi dio cane"
and now it's "C'è la crisi dio cane"
my guess, it's one of the natural evolutions of welfare states, where it's easier to extend one of the family nucleus until self-sufficiency rather than immediately detach yourself from it as soon as you've started your own
Also one of the reason may be that it's harder to find a stable relationship in the early years, and the prospect of having to date well into your 30s to find someone to marry and start a family with is quite disheartening to many.

But fuck it, it's probably because we're "mama boys", right?

Because breaking up the family is moral degeneracy.

I don't see anything wrong with it. I'm 23 and am staying for at least a few more years, until I have enough to make a down payment on a house. I refuse to rent an apartment.

I know an Italian family and all the kids stay at home until they married

because they have turk genes from asia and we value family and friendship, unlike soulless savage europeans