The Boomer Problem

Why did they ruin America?

Because it was always theirs if you think about it.

They gave niggers equal rights, the rest was history.

Why did Romans ruin Rome?

As a boomer, I can truthfully state that everything was pretty good up until the 80s

Social security is utterly unsustainable in my country. Nobody denies this, yet nothing will be done, and our country will eventually go bankrupt.
The only "solution" is to import thousands of young male migrant workers to artificially boost the tax-paying working class who fund the retirees gimmiedats.

It's funny that Kiwi's on Sup Forums constantly shill for NZ First because of their anti-immigration policy, when NZ First are just a shallow populist party that adopts whatever policies appeal to the elderly. They want to increase benefits while cutting off the flow of migrants that fund them.

The sad fact of the matter is that old people vote, and young people don't. Why should a populist party like NZ First give a shit about young people when young people are politically irrelevant? Why would any politician?
To our politicians, the future prosperity of NZ is less important than winning the election. Cutting elderly benefits is political suicide.

Our society exists to pander to boomers. By the time I'm ready for retirement there won't be any cushy social security benefits. NZ can't just import immigrants forever; eventually this pyramid scheme will collapse. The entire system is objectively unsustainable.

Every fucking economist agrees that social security is going to collapse. It's bullshit.

they believed in the american dream

now we show them the american nightmare

"If it feels good, do it."
"Every man wants to watch the world burn."

Getting their wish.

Please, please kys for the rest of us.

The Boomers didn't ruin America. It was the generation just before them (now in their early 70's) that ruined it. They were the piggiest generation ever, now fortunately becoming extinct.

>age early 70s
That's a Boomer. 1946-1965.
Scourge it with fire.

yes yes goyim it was your own parents who ruined the united states. it couldn't have been the banks destroying the real estate market and economy.

I see this trend happening in many Western countries

Millenials have been coddled way too much and now they'd rather sit home and play vidya games while living in their parents basement or they're too in debt to make a lot of money on their own
Social Security relies on the next generation to provide and if a mass population decides to retire while the next generation can't flip their bill it all comes tumbeling down

Also this will eventually affect other government funded entitlements such as welfare and food stamps since more and more people are using them

YOU FUCKS CAUSED THE 80S

>war is bad man...
>aw fuck my anti war/free love movement didnt work
>become yuppie
>destroy world for future generations through personal gratification

I HOPE YOU LIKE YOUR NEXT HOME... IN HELL

chicken/egg

no jobs = play vidyas and fight off crippling depression

I know the economic situation has dwindled but there's still a huge NEET culture around that makes young men drop out of society

>did they ruin
>America
they keep ruining it as we speak and not only US but the entire world

>Let's Make It Happen Faggots
#FireKushner
#KeepBannon

They just couldn't figure it out, nothing is ever for free and someone always pays.

Counterargument: people drop out of society and become neets because there is literally no upward social mobility or agency

If going to work resulted in enough income to afford basic commodities and a dignified life, people would do it.

thats because you leveraged our future, because you imported millions more than every before (of brown skins) starting with the immigration reform act.
because you sold us out to china for cheap shit, etc, etc, etc. Of course it was good, you used 5 generations worth of wealth in one.
AND I AM NOT VISITING YOU IN YOUR NURSING HOME

Im kinda betting on Gen Z to be the generation that starts a revolution

Populism is rising in Europe and Gen Z is already the most conservative generation in decades

Hard times create strong people, strong people create good times, good times create weak people, weak people create hard times.

Comparatively speaking the millennials are numerous enough to provide a tax base that sustains the Social Security for previous generations, though when all the Boomers retire there will of course be some disorder since Gen Z is kind of tiny

It could be worse though, Japan and Russia are fucked

Just have a shit load of kids and have them take care of you. If everything is going to collapse, might as well give up pretending to be middle class.

>Be boomer
>Grow up with wholesome household
>Beautiful cars, and architecture
>No degeneracy in television, or music
>Literal Utopia
>FUCK THIS
>Become hippy
>Grow up
>Become what they were since adaulthood

Ive wondered this same question since childhood OP.

>Millennials are too in debt to make money and can't afford to buy their own homes
>Millennials have been coddled way too much
Pick one.
What level of cognitive dissonance are you on?

It's not millennials fault that the system will come crashing down; it's the fault of the system itself. Elderly social security is a literal pyramid scheme.

For a singe retiree on social security it requires a small group of tax paying youth.
Eventually, that small group of youth will age into retirement themselves, and a larger group of youth will be needed to fund their benefits.
Eventually, that larger group will age into retirement. Now, we need an entire horde of youth to fund social security.
The horde will age. Then what?
You get a larger horde? What happens when that larger horde age?

This is literally how a pyramid scam works. It's unsustainable because it requires infinite exponential growth.
When the scam collapses, it'll be the unfortunate masses on the bottom of the pyramid who suffer. Those at the top will have already gotten their gimmidats.

Millennials are at the bottom. This is why the west is desperately importing migrants from the rest of the world; to artificially prop up the pyramid for as long as possible. Natural population growth from breeding can't keep up the pyramids exponential growth anymore.

Civilization is being destroyed so boomers can scam money from the tax paying public. Don't try to turn that around and blame millennials; the pyramid will collapse long before they reach the top.

Gen Z will be infected by a virus which turns them into drooling biters.

It can be both, millennials are hopelessly fucked, but we also have shitty attitudes that exacerbate the situation (and obviously most of us have shitty political views too)

>second boomer hate thread I've seen in 2 seconds
fuck off with the sliding

sage

It is the worst generation to ever lay its foot in earth soil. They destroyed literally everything. They are the most greedy and demoralised you can get. They gained the entire world and they keep asking for more and they don't let the next generations enjoy their own things. I will be really fucking happy when all of them fucking die. This shitty world will be a better place without them.

Every thread on Sup Forums needs to be rallying against the Eternal Boomer, all else is incidental

>>Millennials are too in debt to make money and can't afford to buy their own homes
>>Millennials have been coddled way too much
>Pick one.
Both can be true.

They can have been coddled in their childhood and education to the point of being maladapted and useless, and then released into the adult world with high debt and no decent job prospects.

Greed.

Good times make weak men make bad times make strong men make good times.

>Not posting the original

I know the system is rigged. If anything were currently crises era which will result in the fourth turning which will lead to a new era of prosperity

But you can't deny that a significant portion of Millenials are still stuck in their childhood days. Have you seen the amount of manchildren playing Pokemon or reminiscing about nostalgic artifacts. Millenials would rather protest free speech on campus than the surveillance state they're currently living. That alone tells you how fucked this generation is

Of course the boomers started this but the Millenials are in their own world

So the boomers are white and the gen-x and millenials are ethnic? Fuck off, liberal race-baiting dog shit shill.

demoralization

Because the boomers were all raised during the most plentiful time in american history and gorged themselves on excess.

A spoiled greedy child doesnt stop being spoiled and greedy just because theres no more plenty left.

Ah there it is.

Seems similar to schroedinger's immigrant (somehow a lazy mooch on the system while simultaneously stealing all the jobs)

Schoedinger's millinial? (Somehow spoiled and coddled while also crippled with debt in a shitty economy)

Do people unironically think shit like student loans prevent them from getting a job? You are not finding work because you fell for a meme and studied a useless subject or simply because you are retarded.

Preach it mate.
Meanwhile the sheer number of migrants / welfare bludgers make it virtually impossible to buy a house.

>tfw proper treatment for cancer or heart disease will destroy the west unless we wait until after the boomers are gone before revealing it
>retarded boomers have literally ensured their early death through their greedy and anti-young family oriented economic choices

My grandpa is the WORST scumbag boomer.

>i dont know why ya went and joined the military for the GI bill user, In MY day I paid my way through an engineering degree at penn state busing tables....
>user, what you should REALLY do is go down to joes used cars for a job. Put in some elbow grease and spit-n-polish and youd be ownin the joint in 5 years....
>user, youre 26, why dont you have a family yet? In MY day I already had 3 kids, a great dane, 2 cars, and a 5 bedroom house paid off by the time I was 26.
>you kids these days are all the same, no work ethic, just wanting to freeload off of the system
>what is medicaid, a pension, social security etc etc
>(long rambling story about how he "pulled himself up by his own bootstraps" referencing economic practices and opportunities that no longer exist in an economy with a 300% lower cost of living and wages that pay the same as today when adjusted for inflation)

Was he in Vietnam?

>schroedinger's immigrant (somehow a lazy mooch on the system while simultaneously stealing all the jobs)
If you take out "lazy", being a mooch on the system while underbidding native labor isn't a contradiction.

And if you see these as two largely separate classes of undesirable immigrants, there's no issue at all.

>Schoedinger's millinial? (Somehow spoiled and coddled while also crippled with debt in a shitty economy)
Again, compatible in one person (spoiled upbringing, failed adult), and also works as two largely separate classes (rich kids supported by their parents in adulthood, poor kids struggling to make ends meet, neither class standing firmly on their own two feet).

Everybody reminisces about their childhood, but for millennials it also serves as a coping mechanism to deal with the anxiety that comes from entering adulthood during literally the worst western economic crises since the Great Depression.
Cut millennials some fucking slack.

This generation has been shit on throughout their working lives and has had no agency or power in shaping policy or society, yet you people act like it's somehow millennials fault.

You lot sound like a Fox News hosts pandering to their 68-year-old "back in my day" boomer audience.
>Those dang millennials are the participation award generation!
Who the fuck do you think gave out those awards?

I know Sup Forums is full of millennial contrarians who want to feel different and superior to their peers, but I'm getting tired on all this whiny millennial bashing.

The most interesting thing about old age pensions is how beneficial this was for the boomers (and previous generations), where women worked at rates significantly less than they do today, but the moment they turned 60 (or whatever), they got onto the full 'minimum' old age pension. So many men worked themselves into early graves, while most women who avoided work entirely were able to suddenly get state support the moment they qualified by age.

Pensions are the result of gynocentrism (in fact, if you look at the historical origins of pensions, they were only originally meant for women!)

>a 5 bedroom house paid off by the time I was 26.
One thing people forget about the advantages boomers had is the crazy inflation in the 70s.

If you bought a house with a mortgage in the early 70s (when the youngest boomers were in their late 20s), your wages inflated to double over the next decade, so it was like only having to pay back half of what you borrowed.

on point Belgium

Pfft, no. He got hired by NASA on an associates degree that wouldnt be worth toilet paper today, blew all the money on himself doing stupid shit instead of actually taking advantage of his circumstances and investing. He's on social security and medicaid now.

Im tellin ya, hes the fuckin epitomy of a scumbag boomer. Hes just an average joe who was lucky enough to grow up during the most prosperous era in human history. hes arrogantly mistaken that his being allowed to wallow in the trough is due to some incredible shrewdness and accumen on his part.

If he had either of those traits he wouldnt be living on tax-payer dollars right now. So now we get to listen to him lecture us about how were all idiots for not taking advantage of things that dont exist anymore.

His life story is fuckin stupid. He made mad $$ at NASA, decided "meh, I wanna EXPRESS MYSELF" and became a "free-lance writer" and just coasted through his 40's and 50's spending up everything he'd earned before applying for social security.

Low IQ straw man. What else to expect from a retard like you

Thats sad user. My grandmother is in the same boat, she did work her ass off, but blew through it like a kid at a candy store on frivolous things nick nacks, shit like that. My grandfather on my opposite side of the family was drafted in Vietnam, bought 150+ acres saved his money etc.

>tl:dr Vietnam culled out the wrong part of the herd.

>Boomers forced Millenials to take student loans

Why didn't they take the Gen X pill and fuck off to college?

Boomers should die.

What if you were told throughout all of your childhood that you could be anything, have a decent house and support a family if you just go to college and work hard?
Then you find yourself in debt after you got a worthless paper nobody cares about because everybody wants 5 years of experience for McJob and there's like 10 other people applying, pile on top that there's no job security and you can either get fired when there's a bad year or you'll likely be stuck in a job with little growth prospects unless you're self employed.

And to finish you're either forced to live in a cuckshed, rent or live in your parents basement and have to listen to them about how they just walked in, shook the managers hand and got a job because the chinks and boomers are buying out properties and refusing to sell.

Would you want to be an adult or relive your carefree childhood?

Mind you millenials are morons, but what do you expect when almost every aspect of society encourages them to remain morons?

It's not just going to collapse they just print money to the fuck these days. Any politicians that fuck with welfare will get fucked off.

They didn't. It was ruined by socialcucks. The reason they seem uncaring is that they lived in a free time (before the government wanted to get involved) and don't realise how hard things are now.

A big part of the process wasn't just opening the doors to immigrants. A big part of it was boomers getting wealthy and well off by feeding into corporatism. For example, so much of everything today is automated and handled by mega corporations. Something like Amazon.com is huge because boomers are happy to spend their money towards mega corporations while ignoring local businesses or alternatives that would give younger people job opportunities.

They didn't. Gen y did. It's not boomers screaming racist at everyone and threatening to ruin people's lives.

Gen x and y should've been nationalist but they became the complete opposite.

>>Grow up with wholesome household
>>Beautiful cars, and architecture
>>No degeneracy in television, or music
>>Literal Utopia
Not all boomers.

Mass immigration only started in the mid to late 90s, before that it was just a fairly orderly and civilised level. Then gen y put metal shit in their face and became literally the biggest useful idiots since Russian communism.

Gen x and y vastly outnumber boomers now so there's no excuse.

The jews?

I went to newspaper university online. My student loans made my credit report 5 pages. There were bots on the class boards with human profiles. I think they had bots get student loans too. Somebody prove this shit!

>you're either forced to live in a cuckshed, rent or live in your parents basement and have to listen to them about how they just walked in, shook the managers hand and got a job because the chinks and boomers are buying out properties and refusing to sell.
right in the feels

>you can't deny that a significant portion of Millenials are still stuck in their childhood days. Have you seen the amount of manchildren playing Pokemon or reminiscing about nostalgic artifacts.
This was something that was drilled into them in childhood as thoroughly as the certainty that the only way to have a good life was to go to college and take out a loan for whatever that happened to cost: being an ordinary adult has no upside, while being childlike and full of wonder will open up your creativity and make you successful and joyous beyond the wildest dreams of those dull plodders.

This cartoon is such bullshit. Social security is paid for by the people who receive the benefits, you add to your own SS account with every paycheck, young people have nothing to do with it. And if those kids had chosen college courses that gave them marketable skills, those debts wouldn't be so heavy.

You don't need to go to college to get a job

This is probably the most succinct and profound explanation I've seen in these threads in some time. Congratulations, user, here's your (you).

>Social security is paid for by the people who receive the benefits, you add to your own SS account with every paycheck, young people have nothing to do with it.
That's not how it works at all. There are no individual social security accounts. Social security payments go into the general revenue pool for the federal government.

When they started social security, they just started immediately paying out to old people who had never paid into it.

Your social security deductions are just more tax.

Your own SS account is just credits that are pulled from the big pile, they aren't separate piles reserved for you. The pile must continuously be fed for people to receive those benefits.

Yeah, at this point there is no excuse for taking on new crippling student loans. Going to a trade school is far less, fafsa still applies to most of them. You'd think people would learn by now that most majors are pointless and a degree/cert/whatever is just something that might hint you have a shred of skill or dedication instead of something that makes you completely qualified because education requirements are so fucked.

how the fuck can't a small country like New Zealand not fund its own social programs without immigration?! Your a few million people on a fertile group of islands for gods sake

But goyim, how else will you become a rabid liberal.
Everyone must take their mandatory Holocaust studies if they want a job

>everybody receives only as much as they put in
If this was ever true why even have social secuirty then? Let people save money on their own then.

why don't the young people just not take out loans??

>And if those kids had chosen college courses that gave them marketable skills, those debts wouldn't be so heavy.
Gee, good idea burger, putting myself in debnt so I can learn how to get out of it, great thinking.
Maybe it'll help if kids these days were given basic ass domestic economics 101 in elementary/high school instead of having mandatory recorder lessons and catechism

How the fuck can you tell. The oldest GenZ-ers are 17. They can't even fucking vote

I didn't even know about the trades in high school, everyone was told they needed to study hard to go to college. My teacher even read out in front of the whole class every time someone got an acceptance letter to a university.

They grew up with internet. They saw what happened to the millennials who drank the kool-aid.

Man that's some liberal bullshit. THAT is why there is so much debt.

Nobody's dad teaches them to be a plumber or HVAC tech anymore.

I though GenZ was 1996+ so wouldnt that make the oldest of them around 23?

Because university fees and the general cost of living so expensive that you can't pay your way through a degree on a mere part time job.

They had this thing called pensions. Then (((they))) decided to replace it with a system where you give a banker your money to use a collateral for loans that he uses to invest in stocks. If he loses, you lose. (Thats a drastically oversimplied explanation of the 401k system but more or less accurate).

Most people are retarded with thier savings and once all the boomers who didnt have pensions and who'd spent thier retirement funds on a new fishing boat or lake-side cottage started needing money for groceries they dipped into social security.

Even a lot of the ones with pensions ended up fucked by rising cost of living and inflation. An $800 a month pension dont pay rent and buy groceries every month like it used to. Thanks to modern medicine these fucking vampires arent dying anymore.

Suprise! Medicaid will pay for that chemo, 2nd coronary bypass, or pace-maker!

hey I saw that on facebook too lol

dude can I borrow some weed I can't get my greencard for a couple of months

>the most conservative generation in decades
I'm tired of seeing this everywhere, is there some sort of survey somewhere, even a poorly patched up one ?

So far, every Gen Z i've seen were those very optimistic liberal kids whose biggest passtimes were mostly watching other people play vidya. Quite a far cry from being conservative if you ask me

Mike Rowe? Is that you?

I think Gen-Z is 1997/1998/1999 and later. Maybe? I don't know the line isn't defined exactly.

this
>implying its a facebook meme
>implying it hasnt been posted on Sup Forums for years

Its a butchered misquote.

Theres no indication that theyre actually conservative, the actual studies have just hinted at a trend towards being more cynical and pessimistic about the future.

How does that effect the current situation at all when niggers aren't even a major minority in your country? Don't get me wrong most niggers are retarded and deserve to die but seriously, boomers, your own "whites" cucked you and every generation out of a future through financial means, giving niggers the right to vote didn't fucking change what they did, in fact it had literally nothing to do with what happened financially. Even if the niggers weren't equal, what fucking difference does it make? You people are really insecure about niggers it's amazing.

>mfw I'm about to leave college with $4k loans and will instantly get out of college working pharm tech for a bit, because I just want to take a break from the academic routines, while still being productive

millenials are just people who reached puberty age by the millenium so I guess you can consider anyone who was 12-18 by 2000 to be a millenial (1988-ish) and the generation after them is Gen-Z
for me I just consider Gen Z to be 1995-2005

No it was centuries of bad ruling, corruption, loss of National pride, time and upkeep as well as enemies at every corner of your empire, large swathes of land difficult to communicate with efficiently, constant infighting, it wasn't one thing and it had nothing to do demoralization and more to do with logistics and technological capabilities of the time.

>plumber or HVAC
or electrician, but guys, pls don't fall for the welder meme

>Sup Forums for years
>saw it first posted by one of my ""normie"" friends

I mean I get aussie internet is slow but christ pick it up a bit joey

Nope, just the son of a plumber.

If you want me to list every trade I can try, I was just giving examples

The reason they're more conservative is because they're all brown

>loans prevent people from finding jobs
It's not the boomers fault that young kids go to college, graduate, and then come out working minimum-wage jobs that they didn't need a degree for in the first place. For fucks sake take some responsibility for your failure of a life