Is this not weird?

>Wednesday, something causes police to respond to a stretch of road no one lives on. >Immediately after, avalanche causes power-out to the region, also effecting Girdwood and Homer Alaska.
>Crews are not let in to repair power. Power is then started up and diverted from essentially unused Hope power plant, because police have still said nothing at all.
>Finally, police and SWAT announce that in this uninhabited stretch of highway, with cliffs on one side and frigid Alaskan ocean on the other, the man has not been found, and the highway is opened.
>THE NEXT DAY, The President of China makes an unannounced visit to the EXACT same area without any public announcement.

WTF is going on Sup Forums? I just have the information, help me put together the pieces.

adn.com/alaska-news/crime-courts/2017/04/07/man-sought-in-beluga-point-standoff-not-found-aerial-cook-inlet-search-continues/

ktuu.com/content/news/Seward-Highway-closed-in-both-directions-418462793.html

adn.com/alaska-news/2017/04/07/chinese-president-makes-surprise-visit-to-alaska-following-summit-with-trump/

ktuu.com/content/news/Chinese-president--418697053.html

man that seems really interesting but I just took my melatonin so I'm getting pretty sleepy let's sleep on it and have a thread about it in the morning if we remember.

ayy lmaos

I want to believe this is actually the CIA because it's a genuinely funny meme

>Pol revolves around me, my wants, and my desires, fuck everyone else.

You know what?
Fuck you user, that's what I think about your shitty melatonin entitlement. Fuck you.

Don't you ever think about the rest of us? Some of us have to WORK tomorrow, and we don't have the luxury of waking up high on melatonin just to browse Sup Forums. For some of us, 4:00 AM on a Saturday is the only time we fucking get, and goddamnit you aren't taking that from me!

I speak for all of us when I say the conversation goes on and fuck the fuck off.

What's your working theory?

Gonna need a coherent quick tl;dr run-down

How unexpecting is unexpecting?

melatonin doesn't even work digested. you need a melanin injection

I don't have one, I am from the area, and not a ton happens. Both incidents were out of the norm, especially the first, and the second is the fucking Chinese President. I can promise you NO ONE lives on that stretch of road.

I saw a story yesterday where the chink pres visited a house he once lived in as a student. Maybe it was a security sweep near there.

Alaska ? user, he is related to what is happening in the Artic, lots of heads of state have gone and payed a "quickie" visit to their Master, who gave them instructions(i guess).

Investigate the Artic news and you will find your answer.

>quick rundown
I got you, ausbro.

Veteran with PTSD is isolated on uninhabited stretch of Alaskan road. Police and swat shut down road, no explanation (road is only link from south to Anchorage, over half the population of state). At the same time, 'avalanche' takes out power and crews aren't allowed to repair it (also keeping southern cities out of power in winter in Alaska). Next day, highway opens, and they announce suspect hasn't been found (nowhere to run, google earth it if you don't believe me). NEXT DAY Xi makes unannounced stop to EXACT SAME stretch of uninhabited highway.

Bump
>for interest

underrated.

Some autismo actually took the time to make this.

What a time to be alive...

They've been going to the Antarctic. But this is odd regardless.

Definitely pizza-related.

Wait, there's actually a document behind "The Bog pill"? I assumed that was just a dumb joke.

You've got to be kidding.

It is. Whoever made that is severely autistic. Unless the Bogdabots inside me are already working their magic and making me forget who these twins even are. Wait, can I get a quick rundown again?

Hmmm...

>NEXT DAY Xi makes unannounced stop to EXACT SAME stretch of uninhabited highway

But why tho

Are you fucking kidding me.

There is a scenic lookout in that area.

here's another episode of Sup Forumsacks trying to make sense of China

Maybe they were setting up security for the visit but did not want to tell the public beforehand for obvious reasons.

and the President of China decided to just swing on by for an announced glance at sunset?

>from the article

Xi's 24-vehicle motorcade left the airport at 7:12 p.m. The motorcade included SUVs, vans and an ambulance and dozens of guests. Some of the vehicles had lights flashing.

The entourage reached Beluga Point about 7:35 p.m. A swarm of people from the motorcade got out to gawk at the beautiful scenery, then got back in their vehicles, turned around, and returned to Anchorage about 7:50 p.m.

That's a pretty major unexpected detour for a President, especially at the exact point a veteran was isolated, then not found, by SWAT teams literally the night before.

Beautiful.

>pic related

So the President decided to stop in the exact same stretch as an armed, firing at police, unlocated veteran, unannounced, and it's just for the view?

Pretty much.
From the article's comments section:
Weren't they ... at least APD, searching for a lone man??? Never found him while shutting down the highway for over twelve hours.??? Unsafe for Alaskans, yet safe for a head of state!!! Epic APD fail!!!

Satan confirms.

>former low level government stooge here

cant say anything about the timing or the surprise visit but its actually completely normal for Xi Jinping to fly through Alaska; the Chinese president's plane and most other Chinese government aircraft stop in Anchorage on the way to the continental US to refuel. the Chinese stop there for pretty much every major diplomatic event but it is rarely more than a refueling pit stop.

Beijing to Anchorage is already almost 5000 miles, none of their aircraft have the range to flying all the way to DC or Florida directly without making a stop somewhere. Alaska is isolated and Ted Steven’s International Airport is pretty quiet so it is easy to set up secure areas for high level VIPs to pass through without making a big impact on airport operations unlike somewhere like LAX. there is also a very large Air Force base less than 10 miles away that flights can be redirected to for security reasons.