Polish cavalry charge against German tanks in world war 2

True or not? The last time I brought it up Pole attacked me for spreading Nazi propaganda.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horses_in_World_War_II
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Did it work out well?

Possibly...

This says it happened and German tanks even surrendered But modern Poles say it never happened to begin with. So who knows?

>cavalry charge against German tanks

No, you retard.

Cavalry troops move faster than infantry and DISMOUNT if they expect to fight.

Polish FOUGHT BETTER than british and french combined

Every cavalry company had couple of Bofors wz. 36. This was an incredible anti-tank gun. It was small and light so it got attached to horses and cavalry was able to move around with the guns quickly and in basically any terrain. On top of that the gun could penetrate the armor up to 40mm up to 100 meters. Heaviest german tank at the time had 30mm. Most had 10mm.

The myth originated in german propaganda that wanted to emphasize the superiority of german military over polish one.

It is possible that the Battle of Krojanty was the battle that the myth came from. 250 polish cavalrymen charged 800 german infantry and was in the process of routing them. At one point german tanks started attacking them with machine guns so the cavalry force dispersed. When Italian and German war correspondents arrived they saw german tanks there with corpses of cavalrymena and their horses. So they though that poles charged the tanks, with lances and swords and shit.

Later Goebels used the myth in Kampfgeschwader Lützow movie where Slovaks played the part of Polish cavalry.

Fake news. Our cavalry was armed with AT guns and rifles.

desu I know that it's not real but I still choose to believe it because that's badass as shit even thought it's retarded

What can I say....
It isn't true that we used only cavalry and this photo must be from somewhat while the September Campaign, so the early days of war. The Blitzkrieg was a fairly new tactic, we didn't know the Germans would bring a shit ton of Panzer's across the border. The Kraut's were probably laughing in their tanks, until one of those bastards came close and gifted them with a grenade. Facing the truth, Poland in the '30 and '40 was not a superpower. Oddly, the cavalry was not so inefficient as you may think.

>Bofors
Swedish guns ayyy

No charge against tanks, but Aliied morons almost lost the war and gave Poland and the entire East to fucking Stalin because FDR did not want to risk his fucking UN. Both times we get into World Wars, a democrat screws over other countries to try and make a world organization.

source: family moved from poland in 1900s so Im practically an expert right? right.

he was probs a polish jew who didnt want the poles to get a victim status like them to share with

It was a successful little charge actually.

Horses were used a lot in WW2. Especially by Soviets and Germany.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horses_in_World_War_II

As best I remember, the Polish cavalry successful charged some German infantry, then the tanks turned up afterwards, so the Poles tried to escape but got gunned down by machine guns

Soviets used horse cavalry through the entire war and the German supply train was mostly horse drawn. Eastern front was essentially primitive cavemen slaughtering eachother and the world is better off because of it.

Wasn't a charge. The calvary was shooting at scouts when the tanks showed up. That's what I've heard at least.

Those "cavemen" made sure you don't speak German today, Yank.

>Implying the German language would not be an improvement to that horrible dialect of English they speak today

Hard to speak German when your sucking off allied soldiers for cigarettes.

Last ever successful cavalry charge was the Australian light horse against turks at the battle of Beersheba.

The Mongols did it

Don't listen to other Poles ITT, my grandfather and his horse called Brzczeszczykrztoczek destroyed 6 tanks - 3 using a sabre, 2 using a lance and 1 tank was trampled by furious Brzczeszczykrztoczek.

>because FDR did not want to risk his fucking UN

what the everloving fuck are you saying.

>True or not?
not

Poles attacked tanks with cavalry to kill those who were standing out of the tank armor so its true. It was a bit like horses vs tanks but they never charged tanks straight forward. If somone thinks they were charging tanks to get run over by them hes wrong.