Is it true only 23 of the 59 american missiles actually hit the syrian airbase?

is it true only 23 of the 59 american missiles actually hit the syrian airbase?

what happened to the rest of them?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/2Uc7L
twitter.com/SyrianMilitary/status/850675336815796224
youtube.com/watch?v=be-uD1FCyok
ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Авиационные_бомбы_(Россия)
jpost.com/Israel-News/Politics-And-Diplomacy/Jpost-Exclusive-Moscow-surprisingly-says-west-Jerusalem-is-Israels-capital-486336
techdigest.jhuapl.edu/views/pdfs/V15_N3_1994/V15_N3_1994_Irani.pdf
etd.lib.metu.edu.tr/upload/12608142/index.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Stolen by the OPA

went up your mom's vagina

Were blown up by suicide bombers before they could hit the ground

same people said patriot missiles didnt hit things

just democrat liars

They embraced diversity.

decorating the countryside apparently according to Partisan Girl

thats some fucking low combat efficiency

I'd decorate her countryside with my tomahawk, if you know what I mean.

Belter scum.

Welcome to American "defense industry" fuckery. Sell a missle to the us military at insane markup and live like a king and use the profits to bribe your way to sales.

I'd be much worse than Martin Luther if I was at the pentagon. God damn thieves.

niggers stole it mid-air

The Dalmatian is right.

how the fuck do you know i'm from dalmatia? is this some kind of mexican curandero shit? i'm out of here.

They flew up the ass of all these posters who think Trump betrayed them.

Propulsion system failure mid flight

can you explain

See here this guy
couldn't keep it up

cia niggers trying to scare you

1 million dollarydoos for precision, and still have a higher than 50% failure rate. Jesus christ the US military really is a scam

This,
One time I was in the hood and the niggers stole the wheels of my car >WHILE I WAS STILL DRIVING

This

hit nearby villages and killed civilians

Probably this, they were missles from Obamas time.
Must of been missles that were funded by the Hillary foundation

Oboma had his inside people steer them off course and sank them into the sea

It's so funny how people think modern weaponry is infallible with fancy doodads like laser guiding yet as this "strike" shows all the bells and whistles amount to nothing. Unless of course Trump did this as half-heartily as he possible could for political reasons.

The more footage I see the less I'm sure of it. It appears that some targets have been hit twice to ensure destruction, which made MOD rush with conclusions and dismiss the numbers presented by the US. The strikes have been precise but no critical infrastructure was damaged. Actually, the only critical thing on that airbase was the runway, and they didn't target it at all. Al Shayrat was a scrapyard, most of the destroyed Migs and legacy SAMs weren't even functional and everything remotely valuable was evacuated minutes prior to the attack.

All but one hit
Dont listen to the Russians MOD they want the world to think your anti air is usefull there was 3rd party satellites showing damage from way more the 23 missiles and some of our tomahawks hit twice
Russians keep shilling the run way isn't destroyed and showing small sections of it cause we didn't aim for it

Actually at least 44 missiles hit, possibly more (more than one on a target).
imgur.com/a/2Uc7L

Losses:
twitter.com/SyrianMilitary/status/850675336815796224
It is unclear, however, how many of the aircrafts were even operational. If the Russians have been warned beforehand, which seems logical, one can assume the Syrians were warned as well.

> 3rd party satellites showing damage from way more the 23 missiles and some of our tomahawks hit twice
that's not really clear though from the pics i've seen

got a link?

MoD of Russia claimed that, US claimed 58 out of 59. MoD love to lie, but they released that statement pretty soon after the strike so it was possible their analysis wasn't complete.

this user posted the imgur with some of the before and after pictures

Why should i believe you then? Like ok maybe russians are bullshitting but why wouldnt you as well?

>All but one hit
keep dreamin cletus

only people uninterested in this stuff think tech is infallible
I mean, the Trident failure was in the news recently, and youtube is full of missile misfires of every caliber, from s-300 down to javelin

So why didn't they hit the airstrip?

Hahaha

Because it was a politcal action, not a military one.

yeah I can see the yellow circles, but it's too small to see the damage.
and I count 12 hit targets on that imgur link's close-up shots

>Is what the russian mod states true?

Mostly not.

intercepted by the anti air defenses. The reason why the russians arent saying is most likely because they got a backroom deal for their pipeline.

But assad himself operates s200's and s300's

what most likely happened was this

>USAof jew decided to launch attack
>calls up putin and says "dont tell assad and you get your pipeline" jewtin "lolk"
>assad is unaware of it all and shoots them down, but because of SEAD some make it through.

>russia "oh vey, but you ebil merrica *wink wink*, *tat was naughty of you, hehe, we enemies for realzies" (lol lets hope saudi arabia dont realize that we are now in an alliance there)

must be nice

they hitted your mommas ass

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Because this isn't a fucking video game.
If the Missiles are travelling 100 miles inland, and their guidance system is 1% out of calibration that's 1 mile off target.

A lot of them use GPS to augment the guidance, but again, how many times are you driving along and then suddenly your GPS connection takes a dump because of the weather, or an inconveniently placed granite boulder? The missile can't just stop and wait to get it's GPS signal back.

airstrip is relatively easy to repair, especially for soviet jets that are all inteded to be useable from unpaved airstrips

you attack airstrip to support and offensive operation to ensure in the next few days enemy will be too busy to reapir and it wouldn't matter anyway. in a one-off shot it makes sence to instead hit the valuable hard-to replace stuff

Why? It's easily repairable and dropping submunitions might result in later causalities. They targeted what was hard to replace: aircraft, fuel systems, logistics, machine shops,etc.

Assad opposes the pipeline at Russia's behest you fucking uneducated retard. Qatar wants the pipeline. Putin doesn't want Syria to allow it because he will lose marketshare in Europe if it is built.

>is it true
>russians

Assad stole them mid-air

>The reason why the russians arent saying is most likely because they got a backroom deal for their pipeline.
You have no idea what you're talking about you 4D chimpazee

Assad is opposing the pipeline on the behalf of Russia.

the reason why those missiles are so expensive is because the electronics in them are much more sophisticated and reliable. I believe that most of them had an expiration date till 2019 still.

Well they were more or less all combat ready and very not error prone.

There is also a secondary tier for GPS, used by military to counteract jamming a bit. So thats not the cause most likely.

What was more likely was the fact that they were shot down by anti air defenses. You guys know so little of military hardware, and they played you on your lack of knowledge.

>I know more than you.
>That's why I think it's Putin wanting to build the pipeline.

>trusting Russian state media
Ishugddt

Just looked it up.
>Frederick "Fred" Lucius Johnson is a former Colonel of the United Nations Marine Corps, one of the most decorated officers in the UN military, and the de facto leader of the OPA's moderate arm

from a show called the expanse?

wat, you guys do realize that there are two pipelines competing right now there? Its not one. Saudi arabia wants to have theirs, and iran, and russia want to have theirs. That is why X marks the spot of the conflict right now.

If a little bit of pressure came off from the US side, and israels side. Then putin would have no reason to support assad anymore.

To be fair Tomahawks are not usually this inaccurate. I suspect either the soldiers firing intentionally didn't aim to minimize casualties, or Trump really was just doing it for sure.
Or because the missiles were fired shortly after the supposed bombing and proper targeting and recon wasn't done because that usually takes quite a bit longer than a day.

This.

Or maybe Russians lied and they all hit.

So they basically hit all hangars except the few on the bottom right, and that's the hangar RT keeps showing us.

Also regarding the planes, it's impossible to tell. It's likely that MIG21s are not operational. There's even a chance that they are fake decoy planes.

>do air fields have anti air defenses?
>do air fields have radar
>is there perhaps a system like that around them to make sure to regain air superiority?
>oh gee, what would happen if you were to shoot air weapons against a place that has systems in them to ensure air superiority

They get shot down, or overwhelmed using SEAD tactics. (wiki it)

Fuck Earf

that's a white lie
at that time the bombs used were not using banned anti-personnell cassettes but anti-tank kind that aren't that dangerous to the population
that one is too, there simply aren't as many hospitals in syria and White Helmets show in those pics are known to fake photos and videos with actors.

Though yeah you really you shouldn't believe statements by MOD outright. that's why i'd like to see good quality shots of the hit airbase, and you should too

I just wanted to let the Russians on this thread know that as an American citizen, I still love you guys. Let's be friends.

Get spaced, innie.

>i'd like to see good quality shots of the hit airbase, and you should too
this desu

Iran already has a functioning pipeline. They share a border with Turkey. They don't need anybodies permission to pipe to Europe.

The Qatar (not Saudi Arabia) pipeline would have to run through kurd infested impassable mountain shithole in order to skip Syria. So there's no alternative. They need to go through Syria.

Quit talking out your ass.
It's really fucking annoying when autistic pieces of shit lie and talk out their ass even after they've been called out at how fucking wrong they are.

Im going with what the ISI saw and waiting for any US images to be shown if they have any when the AAR is declassified.

Yellow circles is where ISI saw damage done with their satellites the USA has yet to show any of their own images of the damage.

You fool, they are playing four steps ahead of you.

This. But it's good to have two sides and try and patch a clear picture together. Both sides lie, this is how shit works.

source on that then? Smells like disinfo.

Holy shit, even for Sup Forums this is a new low.

What do you mean source? This shit has been discussed to death. If you're not up to speed use jewgle and look it up.

The others gently landed in an Israeli base without detonation, a small gift to our greatest ally.

UNDERRATED POST

Not talking about their government UKbro. Maybe I hold on to this irrational belief that most people are decent aside from most blacks and muzzies of course.

That still doesn't explain why Russia would hurt Syria for the US.

money laundering

I think you are not very up to date actually. The X marks the spot seems to be the popular narrative at the moment. If you got additional info then you should provide it. Go on, go through your history browser data.

Considering that SyAF is already resumed sorties yes, pretty much. Probably most retarded way to spend almost 100m dollars.

>that's a white lie

Is this one too?

Get back into your fucking tube aquafresh.

well then it's a case of ISI saying we saw hit here (show 44 indistingushable spots "hit")
I mean in that pic some circled shelters look undamaged to me, and some i just can't make out well enough to tell. Some look hit yeah, but not all

the US is controlled by kikes now. So if they declare jerusalem to be the capital. It would be a first, and they gain jew favor. Then the same jews warn them and say to them to continue their narrative and war drama. But in reality they start to make backroom deals.

I mean, why the fuck would they declare jerusalem as the capital anyhow if they dont want favors?

It was a very kosher air strike.

>they lie!!
>amerifat

Bombing the airstrip was not the goal. Disabling their flight ability was not the goal. The goal was removing potential chemical weapon munitions from the area.

If disabling Syria's flight ability was the goal, they'd have flattened the area.

not a source or argument, shill. I often provide or at least do the trouble of finding sources for other anons, even if I do not like them. Why not educate me then?

or do you still have to write this new narrative up lol? Maybe tamper with the website date, then spread it in the google results as if it was always there?

GPS signal jammed or even spoofed
missiles had to rely on their secondary guidance systems (whatever those were)
the US warned the Russians a few hours in advance, so that increases the likelihood that they were able to prepare some kind of countermeasures
there's this widespread belief in the US that the Russians don't know anything about electronics

Sure-sure

Maximum Altitude and Maximum service ceiling are two different things in Aircraft design.

The service ceiling would be the maximum altitude to which it would perform to specifications.

That doesn't necessarily mean the plane can't fly higher than that.

According to Syrian MOD they did so effortlessly, according to local media they had the biggest trouble getting two planes back in the air.

Resuming sorties was probably a propaganda move. And the runways were still intact, or else easily repaired so you could easily move in a few new planes, or take the ones left over.

Besides, you could even launch a MiG21 from a grass field if you wanted to, look: youtube.com/watch?v=be-uD1FCyok

actually incendiary
PБК-500 ЗAБ2,5

ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Авиационные_бомбы_(Россия)

the missles only go like 500 something mph

>they'd have flattened the area.

the US had to use cruise missiles instead of aircraft because the mission was too risky
so that suggests that this was the most that could be done
it's not like we don't have squadrons of aircraft within range that could be used to do this

well if i remember statements clearly, "same altittude" is RT interpretation, MoD said it's possible plane was engaged by a su-25, that doesn't require same altitude.

Look, these guys lie, no military would tall you the whole truth, because their job is not to. But lying like that only work well if sometimes you tell the truth.

I don't believe a 23/60 number, but I don't really believe 59/60. Truth is somewhere inbetween

>$1.6m each missiles
>cant plot its own course
I think it would have been shot out the sky, otherwise these first few missiles might have been shitty ones at the back of the stockpile ready to expire

also here is a nice source

jpost.com/Israel-News/Politics-And-Diplomacy/Jpost-Exclusive-Moscow-surprisingly-says-west-Jerusalem-is-Israels-capital-486336

Yea jpost, but this is such common info lol.

You can say it's bullshit all you want, but the fact remains, if the goal was to prevent Syrian aircraft from getting into the air, they'd have flattened the airstrip. The fact they didn't shows they either are keeping to the lie of 'destroying chemical weapon' dumps. If this was a 'excuse to weaken Syrian ability to perform airsupport' they'd have flattened it.

This could still be the case, if USA attacks the airfield again, then you can say the job is to keep airsupport down, but if it's a one off, it's not useful.

>missiles had to rely on their secondary guidance systems (whatever those were)

techdigest.jhuapl.edu/views/pdfs/V15_N3_1994/V15_N3_1994_Irani.pdf
etd.lib.metu.edu.tr/upload/12608142/index.pdf