Did colonialism destroy Africa ? Or did it make it better ?

Did colonialism destroy Africa ? Or did it make it better ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-p3w0FRn9uk
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/10305000/Africas-population-to-double-to-2.4-billion-by-2050.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Only British & Portuguese colonialism destroyed Africa

>Only British & Portuguese colonialism destroyed Africa

Are you having a laugh nigger?
>French
>Belgiums

AHAHAHA, Brits did far fucking more FOR africa. Nigeria ended up being a net drain. Educate yourself you sack of shit.

Look I get that nigger are dumb and primitive but do you judge the polar bear for picking the cold wasteland and praise the brown bear for picking the woods?

Niggers don't need civilization, if they wanted more then mud huts and spears then they would have made better. Yes they want the nice things now but they don't comprehend there value like a children do.

Pre-colonial Africa colonization wasn't isolated, there was Arab and muslim influence. Take that away and your left with a few city states that have bronze-iron age technology and the rest are tribes and that's fine. The tragedy about independent Africa is that Europeans did take what they left behind

I get monthly phone calls from Nigerians who aks me for my money. That's a result of British colonialism.

I'd argue it made it better. It's not like the nogs were about to industrial plantations, build roads, bridges and railways.

If you go to places like Ivory Coast today, most of the infrastructure you'll see was built under Colonial rule. Even from their own perspective, 60 years of foreign occupation isn't a huge price to pay for being dragged out the stone age.

>Brits did far fucking more FOR africa

anglo boer war ruined thriving afrikaner homeland and killed a generation of afrikaners how was that to the benefit of the white man in africa

yeah no try again

In all sectors European rule was better than non European rule.

From a negro point of view its destroyed, it was once a wilderness where they could do whatever they wanted, now they have to worry about laws, money, economy and not getting food instantly its basically hell on earth for a negro.

The main problem with colonization is that European powers invested more resources there than they ever extracted, it was a net loss.

It benefited a few business owners at the expense of everyone else and we wasted our time and money trying to civilize niggers that only care about fucking and killing each other.

Anglos can be pretty scummy
youtube.com/watch?v=-p3w0FRn9uk

Kick rocks. Portuguese Africa was perfectly fine until the powers that be decided that the Estado Novo was an obstacle to their own aims.

>Portuguese colonialism destroyed Africa

You have to go back, Hassan.

What exactly was there to destroy before colonialism? Jungles? Spearchuckers?

I just hate Angola

Niggers are pretty good at destroying the wilderness around them. They scorch entire forests to grow subsistence crops and hunt the wildlife to extinction. The whole continent is going to look like Haiti if they keep going at it.

Colonialism MADE Africa, it was nothing before it

>africa under black control
Zero development

>africa under white control
Paradise

>africa under black control again
Total dump

Gee, I wonder how colonialism was for apefrica.

It made it better until it ended.

The problem with African colonisation is that we didn't do enough of it. Even if you aren't someone who thinks colonisation was a good thing in general, it's just a fact that the West withdrew from Africa far too rapidly and without setting up infrastructure and training replacements for the holes the white man was leaving. Everyone just gapped within a few decades.

If the decolonisation process had been a bit more drawn out and in depth a lot of African countries would be better off today for it. How better off is debatable but undoubtedly a positive change. With colonisation you either go the whole way and work them up to a decent level, even if it's at a net loss, or you never start at all. Africa is a continent of a half done job.

There were a variety of kingdoms and other realms in sub-Saharan Africa prior to colonial control. Many of these kingdoms became trading partners or protectorates of European powers before being annexed outright.

Most of the more established kingdoms gained access to trade, knowledge of agriculture and formal governance through their interactions with Muslim states seeking slaves or gold, though others established themselves in a more isolated fashion. Great Zimbabwe is a good example of the former, the kingdom of the Kongo is a good example of the latter.

Because they actively restrict Islam there?

Moroccan caught again.

Portugal ain't responsible for their civil wars after the independence and enforced expelling of European-origin in their colonies. fuck off.

thats a result of niggers nogging. The worst thing britain did for Niger is building huge amounts of infrastructure to allow them to breed wildly out of control. Niger has one of the highest growth rates of any country.

Colonialism allowed africa to urbanize/produce more food and create a population boom which will mean by the end of the century half of all humans on earth will be african and by 2050 africa will have more than India and China combined and will be completely unable to feed themselves and begin flooding every country in the world.

If you think the middle eastern refugee crisis is bad, you haven't seen nothing yet.

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/10305000/Africas-population-to-double-to-2.4-billion-by-2050.html

Also, fun fact: one of these pre-colonial entities was the Kingdom of Buganda. It was established in the 1300s or so, survived until the late 1800s as an independent state, then became incorporated into British East Africa as a protectorate. Then, when Uganda became independent, the Kingdom of Buganda was kept as a sub-national-level division (with a hereditary Kabaka, or King, as head of state).

So the Republic of Uganda has a centuries-old Kingdom inside of it.

>by the end of the century half of all humans on earth will be african
It will never get there, their infrastructure only barely copes with the current population. Without access to clean water, sanitation, roads and basic healthcare, they won't be able to sustain further demographic growth.

Without British colonialism, i'm pretty sure their wouldn't be any fucking towns their.

In a vacuum I would agree with you but I think your under estimating the lengths other countries will go to virtue signal and save the wildly irresponsible population growth with foreign aid of all kinds.

Hopefully the political climate is different by then and countries wont be allowed to grow beyond what they can feed on their own.