Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=exCEcmLw-Hc
youtube.com/watch?v=OQWMd_NPSBA
trulia.com/property/3259045249-847-Chadwell-Rd-Booneville-KY-41314#photo-2
trulia.com/property/3230311806-272-Turner-Ln-Crab-Orchard-TN-37723
sciencemag.org/news/2016/02/exploding-nanobubbles-can-kill-cancer-cells
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No

Alright I'll take all that useless gold off your hands then.

so does human life

TruCuck already gave it away.

admittedly, not great apocalypse money, but if society is able to somewhat re-establish itself it will still be very valuable. Until then ammo and food will be the best currencies. Silver may actually be used in some communities as it is a bit more abundant.

>ammo
>food

You are forgetting about antibiotics(!!!), toilet paper, soap, cigarettes, alcohol, and fuel

This guy doesn't get it

Quite the opposite, actually

That's blurry af user

nope, gold is backed by it's own natural rarity and people have been using it to trade with for thousands of years and still are to this day

the only way to crash the gold market is for a meteor of gold to shower it all over earth or something retarded

No but the value for brass lead and copper go up significantly.

Can't use any of that without a steady source of clean drinking water.

You can go a couple of weeks without food. Only a few days without water. Water will be the real gold

also paper currency is pretty much already dead, everyone uses credit cards now adays, even shithole third world countries without much banking infrastructure use online transactions more and more

Why? Is it not still rare? Is it no longer used for jewelry or industrial applications? Paper money which is tied to an asset has inherent value and can never be completely worthless.

Fiat currency, on the other hand, is tied to nothing but debt.

If the Reserve Note dies (as it should, sooner rather than later) US Treasury Notes, backed by gold and/or other solid commodities will take its place.

youtube.com/watch?v=exCEcmLw-Hc
Give it away meow!

If shit ever did hot the fan, gold would be just as worthless as anything else. I take that back - at least with gold you could use it as a weapon and throw it at a would-be attacker.

Lol
In 90s when that happened to this country, metals were the only thing that indisputably had value, which is pretty obvious.

plan for 3 gallons per person per day bro, then you can do things like wash your body once or twice a week

I really don't see the value of gold falling HARSHLY with the dollar. Besides gold is something you can wait on until solid exchange rates.
Like if the global economy falls but let's say china still has a stronger economy and exchange rate, you could go to that country and get the equivalent of the pre collapse 1.5k USD in Chinese dollars. Your logic sucks here desu.
I agree with this. Having a wood furnace generator, 2 acres of land and enough ammo to fight off the zombies.
That's why I would want to buy a cabin in some remote part of the woods in a southern state with a solid wildlife population and low human population. I don't even think it would cost that much. An acre of land and a cabin is like 120,000? Probably end up paying around 150,00 for innawoods escape. I guess you'd need powerful radios and shit to so factor that in aswell.

top image, thank you for posting

Because electronic banking is much easier to hide bad balances and bad trading while letting the state fuck with everyone at the click of a button

In a full electronic world, gold/silver would be the most trusted barter commodities as its hard to fuck with them.

If you're single, $25k can get you such a plot that is additionally among a similar community and with access to underground shelter if it comes to that.

IIRC a family of three winds up being more like $35k.

Holy shit you can buy a helicopter in idea for 10k USD LOL
Seriously:
One airbus helicopter is 10,000,000 rupees.
One rupee=0.001 USD
Shit I'm buying a helicopter and a humvee from India... could I buy a sports care from India and sell back as USD..? Hold the fuck up.

The best scenario is you get a secluded house on a small river with water wheel generator

Good luck defending it once some bandit asshole spots the generator though

probably a real shitty one.
try not to die

That's why you'd need snipers stationed around the camp perimeter with thermal scopes.

Jup. Location I referenced is chock full of natural spring water, and, like I sad, community of like-minded people for mutual defense.

spbp

>When paper currency dies so does the value of gold

Currency existed before paper

Only because modern society in general will have died.

That's when you want beans and bullets for bartering.

AFTER that gold will regain its value (then eventually fiat currency would reemerge).

Not so fast! I'll give you one gram of gold for this PSU. Deal or no deal, gringo?

Just let me grab my wallet and fetch my gold card. Find a flaw.

>Tfw city-retards will kill each other for no reason like the niggers they are, while rural kings will just live and cooperate as if nothing happened

We prison rules now?

The flaw is that you pay double plus spot value for those breakable bars.

Amazing concept, terrible pricing.

>He thinks the value of gold is determined by the value of paper

I've got some news for you, buddy...the fluctuation in the paper price of gold reflects on the instability of the paper, not the gold.

Idiots like you are going to make the collapse of American empire easy.

ill suck your dick for a soft pack

>Canada has no more gold reserves, so they think it's worthless
Your so cute, maple neighbor. You're wrong, but cute. It's like getting financial advice from a kitten.

Say the masked kike.

They aren't that expensive. What are you a poorfag? You pay for convinience. How do you want to pay with an entire fucking gold bar?

>When paper currency dies so does the value of gold
>A leaf

You must be from Toronto to be so fucking stupid, Gold is inherently valuable.

silver

Right. That's why all of these commiebloc and latin american shitholes traded guns for gold when the shit was flying.

Toilet paper is almost as good as gold, though. Diversify your investments.

RARE

How ironic of a post. Value is purely subjective dumbass.

Silver hidden in your ass will poison you and kill you.

Never did before. lol

USD is the new currency, Gold as currency is as old as refining minerals.

Gold is literally a universal life force and intergalactic currency among aliens

Poor fag, but want to hedge you bets for the apocalypse? Stock up on soap. Bars of plain old Ivory soap are cheap as fuck and never go bad. Liquid Dawn will be in high demand as well but it's a bit more expensive.

If the US dollar gets to where it is worth nothing, the only thing shiny and yellow that will be worth anything is ammo.

Flip That and you right son

I go with silver for small purchases and sovereigns or similar small coins for bigger things, and then simply for non shtf scenarios I have gold bars and krugers in case the economy goes down the toilet.

But lead and steel is top priority,also I have a house down the middle of fucking nowhere where I can live knowing my family has lived off that same land for centuries so so can i,small river nearby,there's a dam (I don't like it because it might fall to disrepair but it's newly built so it should hold on)good thing is ill always have fishing and water.

The PM could become nearly worthless if shtf in a global scale and it becomes a mad max scenario but even so they will go up in value as soon as something is needed as a means to trade goods and store value so simply having them and hiding them while trying to out nigger people.
If it's just an economic collapse like Venezuela or Argentina, gold is the only thing that has worth and you can go and exchange it at black market for real money or simply use it to get the fuck out of the shithole country.

No because gold is and always will be worth something

Shiny

I started training in jewjitsu not so long ago when I saw the year we have with so many elections.
Best case scenario nothing happens and I'm just a tinfoil hat guy so it just become a hedge against inflation for my kiddos
Worst case scenario (see soros I prefer to loose money and be wrong than to fuck with millions of people,and that is being a human)the economy goes to shit when boomers stop working and start claiming their pensions and politicians tell them the pensions are now invested in new europeans,that will be a funny day to see.
Worst case scenario there will be huge chimp outs too soon for me to be ready but I'm already in a shooting club and training so it should be easy being armed in europe and fully awaken to be in the woods and comfy when the gov is telling us absolutely everything is ok it's just a regular protest and the tanks are just for a carnival or some bullshit

Silver works best for everyday purchases and trading.

I think gold is for credit. If you want workers or soldiers, having a gold reserve lets them know you can pay your debts.

Of course, going around bragging about gold will get you killed. At one point you are going to have to decide if you want to survive on your own or with family or try to rebuild.

Only family and my own right wing death squad I'm forming (vets,police and security guards,all with weapons and half to fully preppers)
My normie childhood friends better be red pilled af if shtf for i won't be open for discussions and friendship then.

wrong. gold has been currency for thousands of years. many paper currencies have come and gone in that time

Not a right wing death squad of course but red pilled individuals I try to go shooting with at the club ,train with at the gym or i have worked with so I know I can rely on them.they know I used to have a stack but the official story is i sold it to get new guns and shit,they know I have experience with metals and I have told them about storing some shit if possible and also how and where to buy,best kind of buys and how to buy non fake shit,they might take me to make a buy for them since the trust me but usually I take all good offers in my area(equivalent of Craigslist so even if yuropean I skip the whole 21%tax thing and usually buy spot or even underspot since stores are real jews and go way far down the spot)

Meow! You should invest in Whiskas Temptations, it's so good it can't go bad!

wathever you say goy

do you live in a fucking motel?

bitches love gold more then money. Showing off money is rude but showing off gold is glamourous.

Why else would CIA bring his catbag along?

I just follow the money!
Who needs gold when you have canned food? Purr...Purr...

holy shit juan, at least the photo has aesthetics
how much gold grams you have over there? that's not over 2k fag

why owning them at home instead of contracting a vault at switz or singapore where you may liquidate it for daily spending at any moment without hurting trade offs

silver and gold won't ever come back as phisical coins, but instead as digital contracts backed up in vaults

we're in 2017

implying it won't be a crypto coin backed by precious metals and not a more traditional tech like codetract.io

reminder that best possesion when SHTF are diverse marketable skills, best tier if you can work from home

Cats N Dosh thread?

>many paper currencies have come and gone in that time

all of them except those currently in use
youtube.com/watch?v=OQWMd_NPSBA

Paper currency doesn't have to fall if we attach its value to that of the gold. The problem starts when (((people))) start selling $1.0 for $1.2. Abolish the interest.

Fuck, even cats make more money than me.

Is that where the cat poops?

Not globally, but locally? YYYYYYYYYYYYYUP!!!!!

Why not both?

I had I think about $5k at a firm that had it stored at a vault and didn't charge storage fees because it made profit by allowing electronic trading and liquidity for the customers. Or at least I thought I did until it went bankrupt. It's been 2-3 years now and it seems I'll get my money back eventually, but so far it's setting the record for illiquidity.

As they say, if you don't hold it, you don't own it.

Sounds good to me!

Real gold is in the love we get from our furry friends!

Are you at least more armed than a cat? Since cats have paws, not arms.

Looks like Kitty's got claws!

>World goes to shit

>I have food, water, a gun and ammo

>Some faggot comes up to me and offers me a few pieces of shiny metal in exchange

>Shoot faggot in the head, take his shoes, his silly coins, bury him in a field

This is what's gonna happen to muh gold and silver larpers

A cat has claws at the end of its paws; a semicolon has pause at the end of its clause.

Sounds like a scause for applause!

Thanks i tried to make it look beautiful for me to remember it,now it's at safe undisclosed location. The picture was a 50 gr bar a kruger and sovereigns or dutch gulden so about 108 grams,I prefer silver.
I just started in January but now I have other expenses since I want to buy a cute new gun.
If things go Venezuela style maybe you can't access those vaults,if the goverment defaults maybe swiss won't allow to take money out a d long etc I'm one of those tinfoil fags that if you don't hold it you don't ow it,plus I can always fall for the vault jew if I want but i have no need for and i remember people,having to wait for months to get their gold from vaults in a time of crisis ,also you have to trust the mountain jews and i much rather not (they took the nazi gold after all)

how the fuck is this page 3?
are there that many people on here who don't know what bait or sage is?

That ain't currency,at least I for one wouldn't trade the love from my cats for other things.

Gold had inherent value for the the same reason paper currency did.

You had to pay taxes in gold, just like you have to pay taxes in US dollars.

The only distinction is that it can't be massive replicated or printed.

That doesn't keep inflation from happening. One good conquest and your gold reserves double. This inflates the money and value erodes.

Keep your cats and other things in the house if shit goes upside down. There could be a mysterious outbreak of missing pets if people need food.

Ok, but we'll remake a currency based on.. gold. :o

He also has a gun,you have a surplus of things that will go bad if you don't consume quick example you killed a deer and no fridge to store it he offers you non perishable gold in exchange since he needs his guns and ammo...deal?

Exactly the reason I love mass school shootings and liberals. They always double the worth of weapons and ammo.

when and what bussiness was that? just out of curiosity
did the vault crashed?
what did happen?

>$88,900
>Older farm house on 70 + or - acres. Approx 10 acres tillable. Would be a nice place to build a home. Two older barns and a few other sheds. TSI certified for the timber completed in 2009. Mineral rights are included.

trulia.com/property/3259045249-847-Chadwell-Rd-Booneville-KY-41314#photo-2

always do the opposite of what jews say

Gold is an commodity, it's value is based less on it's rarity and more on it's industrial value.

I have lived in asia,my pets aren't allowed outside to be hunted.

>Gold had inherent value for the the same reason paper currency did.

The only thing that gave paper value is that it was redeemable by the bearer, on demand for gold or silver.

Paper is not, has never been, and never will be money.

>$36,000

>This 3BR/1BA home built in 1945 has five acres at the end of the road. However, it could use a little TLC but it has a lot of sq. ft. for the money. The home also has an old fashioned cellar. It's simply waiting for you to do your magic. Property has mature shade trees and fruit trees. There are also grapevines. This is a bargain for so much house and land and so little money. Home sells AS IS.

trulia.com/property/3230311806-272-Turner-Ln-Crab-Orchard-TN-37723

BullionDirect. Happeend a few years ago, not too long after Tulving went upside down. It's still in litigation and I forget all the clues as to what exactly happened, but the vault was a well-known 3rd party and didn't loose whatever might have been in there.

By the outward numbers, it appears that the value of a patent they had plus some venture capital to restart it under a different name is sufficient to pay off all the customers. It's just taking a while.

I actually got an email the other day from the new platform asking me to help do business with them so they could be able to pay everybody back. A little bit fishy. But that's why I only had $5k there.

no

gold has tons of uses, it will always be worth a lot

sciencemag.org/news/2016/02/exploding-nanobubbles-can-kill-cancer-cells