Thorium

What are the political obstructions to "free" energy? Why can't I have energy from a thorium reactor?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xIDytUCRtTA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molten-Salt_Reactor_Experiment
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_Nuclear_Propulsion
youtube.com/watch?v=EbucAwOT2Sc
energyfromthorium.com/forum/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I see someone's been watching Occupied

'member old Tesla mate?

i'm not sure what that is. i just watched this though:
youtube.com/watch?v=xIDytUCRtTA

of course. i'm a huge fan.

Because we prioritize Uranium reactors over thorium due to thorium's lack of capability when it comes to exploding.

Also coal and oil is abundant and cheap

you try to give the peoples free energies, you get shot in the brain

Because such a significant boost in one economy in one country is enough to turn the entire world into chaos. Remember Hitler's rise in economic boom? The power of such income must either be welcomed into the right countries and under the right responsibilities. You wouldn't just give this economic boost to any no name country. There are plans on releasing the technology once all the big players have negotiated their terms.

spot on. sad that blowing up the planet is more important than ridiculously cheap electricity.

let's fix that.

Because we don't know of a material that can sustain the heat and pressure of a thorium reactor

No such thing as free energy, contradicts the basic laws of physics.

Because I say so.

>no such thing as free energy
Ever study quantum physics, mate? It gives zero fucks what the laws of physics think

>plans on releasing
that's encouraging

>all the big players
why can't government just get out of the way of industry for crying out loud. thorium doesn't even blow up.

That's pretty naive my duderino.

>What are the political obstructions to "free" energy

The Nuclear Regulatory Commission.

This is not a small matter. If we got them out of the way, we could be producing power for half as much as coal.

The federal government could fund itself almost entirely from the money it earned by building reactors and selling the energy.

Have you? Theres no such thing as free energy in quantum physics either

>Ever study quantum physics, mate? It gives zero fucks what the laws of physics think
Yeah m8, I have m8, and what happens on a quantum scale happens within the laws of physics m8, you can't just say 'quantum' and suddenly get magic free energy m8.

hrm, i'm not a scientist, just a youtubeist. can you go into more detail?

hence the quotation marks

>What are the political obstructions to "free" energy?
Jews

Tesla's Orbital Ring design is a better idea for right now. We can get space access for 1/1000 what we're paying right now, and we don't need carbon nanotubes because it only goes to low-earth orbit.

That would allow us to deploy solar satellites and create massive amounts of nearly free energy that could be sold to generate trillions in free cash flow.

Irrelevant compared to the scientific obstructions

reddit misses you

>That's pretty naive my duderino.
No it's not, it's rational, thinking that evil shadowy government forces are depriving you of free energy is naive.

Thorium would easily be cheaper than coal. It's not even close, coal fuel is 2c/kwh, and thorium is .000004 c/kwh.

It's also easier to desalinate water, or use heat from the reactor to create hydrocarbons (i.e. coal into gasoline).

There's a shitload of factors that go into the precise choice of a power plant design / fuel choice. I believe there are some prototypes being built.

>There are plans on releasing the technology once all the big players have negotiated their terms.

Bullshit. The big players are going to release cheap energy or they are going to be replaced, by any means necessary.

The people won't stand for it. People are already waking up to how they have been robbed. Thorium alone could push worldwide GDP to $100,000.

>prototypes
cool. where?

I apologize for using a word in my vocabulary because I'm Australian.
Not that we know how to harness, but on the quantum level, particles don't need energy to do the shit they do

Nice extrapolation. Laws are not absolute. It is naive to assume that there will never be an exception to a scientific law. Especially since that has already happened within the century.

All of the metals, composites, etc. We currently know of will either melt because the reactors are too hot, or will break because the the reactors are too powerful. The government/companies need to fund engineering research to design the reactors before they can be built. Im a little biased because I would get payed a lot more if they're developed.

>I believe there are some prototypes being built.

India's going to have one up by the end of the year. China says they're 4 years out.

We're falling behind, quickly.

>dat flag
i approve of this immigrant

>All of the metals, composites, etc. We currently know of will either melt because the reactors are too hot, or will break because the the reactors are too powerful.

We've had several molten salt reactors, decades ago. They did not melt because the reactors were too hot. These are real world reactors.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molten-Salt_Reactor_Experiment

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_Nuclear_Propulsion

Get rid of special and general relativity from the mindshare of modern scientists and have them revisit ether theory. This book explains a lot if you re-frame your cosmogeny.

It complicated to set up and only India really pushed for it, and they are still hitting a lot of technical issues.

i agree it would cost money to develop, but didn't u.s. agencie(s) already do it in like the 50's? i'd prefer for governments to get out of the way and let private companies further develop the established technology. any patents should be expired at this point.

you're a bad troll.

Its not that they don't need energy its that they have inherent energy in their mass and velocity which can be converted to usable energy

seems legit

>That would allow us to deploy solar satellites and create massive amounts of nearly free energy that could be sold to generate trillions in free cash flow.

Free energy is a complete meme. Any creation of energy creates entropy; entropy by design destroys over time. Any "free" energy you could possibly gain would need repairs and maintenance, cancelling the "free" aspect of it. Now multiple this by how many times more expensive it is to operate in space. It's a complete scam like Solar Panels. Yeah, Solar Panels "pay" for themselves over 10 years, but that doesn't include the cost of replacing them when bird shit ruins them or when natural wind debris makes the panels inoperable.

Then you have to account for the means to store, transport and distribute that much energy and it becomes an unimaginable sum. If the US of A is still fucked just trying to get high speed internet across the nation, what makes you think we can harness energy out in space?

Set aside time to watch this

youtube.com/watch?v=EbucAwOT2Sc

The more recent ones aren't nearly as good.

The thermodynamic efficiencies were so pitiful when on a similar scale to commercial reactors that they weren't worth building, they need to redesign a new cycle or have a material that can work with the proposed LFTR cycle on a commercial scale. The MSRs currently in use are VERY small

Plutonium is what kept us from pursuing non-plutonium technology (thorium produces and uses uranium)

It isn't common for people to blame nuclear weapons for the horribly failed path we went down with nuclear power but it should be.

post your favorite thorium related videos below

odd, the decision to pull the plug on the research had very little to do with scale, infact, it was corrosion and little else that nailed LFTR's coffin

They developed the current proposed LFTR cycle but it's large-scale efficiency was garbage unless they had a material that could withstand high temp/pressure because thermal efficiency is increased with higher temperature

link saved. i think i've already seen it though.

post more thorium links, faggots!

Its never been proven to work. Hence the "E" in MSRE or the Molten Salt Reactor Experiment

>Free energy is a complete meme. Any creation of energy creates entropy; entropy by design destroys over time. Any "free" energy you could possibly gain would need repairs and maintenance, cancelling the "free" aspect of it. Now multiple this by how many times more expensive it is to operate in space. It's a complete scam like Solar Panels. Yeah, Solar Panels "pay" for themselves over 10 years, but that doesn't include the cost of replacing them when bird shit ruins them or when natural wind debris makes the panels inoperable.

All speculative, and easily refuted by reading scientific literature on the costs of building and operating space-based solar power.

It would be quite easy to generate power for less than 1c/kwh. Coal is 6c/kwh. Thorium is 1.5-3 c/kwh.

>
Then you have to account for the means to store, transport and distribute that much energy and it becomes an unimaginable sum.

Also verifiably false. We have transmission lines going hundreds of miles.

>If the US of A is still fucked just trying to get high speed internet across the nation, what makes you think we can harness energy out in space?

It will generate trillions in free cash flow.

The current issues with the LFTR cycle are to do with efficiencies of scale, that's what I was saying. Every time an issue like corrosion is solved they find another issue, right now its thermodynamics.

This is the forum that Kirk Sorensen posts in.

energyfromthorium.com/forum/

If you want to communicate with the movement, you should go there, introduce yourself, and lurk a lot until you can speak with some sort of competence.

Then offer to help if you want.

>Its never been proven to work.

You're simply lying. We had a molten salt reactor that ran for 4 years.

You must work for coal or big oil, and be paid to lie about things like this on the internet.

>Why can't I have energy from a thorium reactor?

are you seriously asking this question?

saff want's to get paid
builders want to get paid
thorium miners would like to get paid
the nuclear commission that make sure you're not fucking up, would like to be paid

and to top it off, your city would like to be paid for building the infrastructure to bring that power to your home.

like seriously

Kirk is a smart guy. Anyone looking into Throrium needs to look into his research. He has tons of videos and material on the net.

Nearly free energy has no money in it. If there is no money in it there is no way for Jews to insert their authority. This is why the pharmaceutical companies they own cure symptoms but not the causes. Or why architecture is at a technological standstill despite ceramic moulds being a thing.

Technology belongs to Jews until we get rid of them.

Making an actual reactor would be billions in investments over a decade or more that may or may not actually pan out in the end not to mention the potential for industrial sabotage from established energy interests. Two working concept reactors were made as part of the US nuclear program in the 60's and 70's but neither were commercial. That was our last chance at thorium until an Elon Musk, or Jeff Bezoz comes along to fund it again.

Take heart. It will happen. Soon.

There are a number of legislators that understand why we need to do this.

It's "free" not free. As in it would cost substantially less.

Solar panels are significantly more powerful in space, due to there not being any atmosphere blocking them
you seems to not understand scale
you pretend you're smart by shouting out things like entropy, but when you get to the levels of energy that shit like a Dyson Swarm can produce, entropy become completely fucking irrelevant because of the obscene amounts of energy being collected

>Nearly free energy has no money in it.

Generate it for nearly free, then sell it at market.

>Technology belongs to Jews until we get rid of them.

Tell people about the opportunities we're missing out on, and you won't need to get rid of anyone.

No I don't. I want to believe in Thorium. The guys at Oak Ridge attempted to put one into use but the politicos pulled the plug.

>Nearly free energy has no money in it.
Not really. You could just have a monopoly on the patent and supply the entire world with energy. Then America could give liberty to any country that tried to build a reactor without a license rather than bombing places that want to sell oil for things that aren't dollars.

Because traditional power plants work and are easy to maintain, and nobody builds multi billion nuclear power plants nowadays, especially not with experimental stuff.

SHUT IT DOWN

>All speculative
>It would
>quite

For a person that mocked my post for being speculative, all your answers are theoretical as well. At least sound like you're not speaking in bullshits. Who is to pay for the cost of this space elevator? Which companies will get benefits from using and selling this energy? Maybe a small test model should be put in place but something like this that is surrounded in speculation is a financial disaster waiting to happen.

You're done. Not only have you embarassed yourself, but you've exposed that there's a conspiracy to hide this.

Everything you said is already screenshotted, and will be used to expose big oil and coal. Every time you lie in a public forum like this, it will cause your power to crumble more.

Give up, join the people, and stop hiding the truth.

Because muscle power works and is easy to maintain and nobody builds multi million pound sterling steam engines, especially not with experimental stuff.

Two shills in here? Go back to your safe space, BP.

The secret is already out. Bend the knee. The people won't tolerate wars for oil any longer.

interesting

cool. i'm not smart enough to be ever contribute, but thanks. maybe someone else in the thread is.

like zomg seriously, valid point

i'm a jew and i don't approove

>billions
i think it would be in the millions

>speculation
we could start a gofundme, er wait it's compromised by globalists.

Stirling engine failed, steam was easy to make and design.

>Space Elevator

Just saying it makes me giggle. I don't think you understand just how expensive and difficult it is to construct and operate in space. Just getting to space has gotten people killed in the past and any small scale construction experiment could cost billions. You're full of baloney.

Try again in fifty years.

jk, i'm not actually a jew

Who controls what patents make it? Who controls the I formation that is handled?

You're too naive.

>i think it would be in the millions
You think that but it would in fact be billions. Most of the money goes to paying workers over the course of years, not the raw materials. Your budget for engineers alone is going to run into the millions over the lifetime of the project. And it likely won't be profitable until a while after it's completed.

which makes me wonder sometimes
why isn't iran doing thorium
that clearly have the capabilities for nukes, but aren't allowed to make explodey ones
>inb4sandniggers

Oy vey, remember Hitler, goyim!

lol you misread. Pounds sterling. Not the sterling engine.

ok that's it, i'm building one in my basement

They were offered an opportunity to have a thorium program. They refused. They actually do specifically want nuclear weapons.

Because you should be a good goy and pay all your shekels to those who own energy in current state.

>I don't think you understand just how expensive and difficult it is to construct and operate in space.

Because I can't look at peer-reviewed scientific journals by experts and determine this precisely.

>Just getting to space has gotten people killed in the past

You just made my argument for me. God, you shills are dumb. Bend the knee. The people won't tolerate you much longer.

i can get the schematics from wikipedia right?

Haha, I'm sure any of us could throw together a concept model of the reactor itself with a couple thousand dollars but you won't be able to make a working one alone. And even if you do manage that you still can't get it to start without some plutonium to start the reaction.

Thorium power to break up Big Oil's military industrial complex.

Have the government build the reactors, and fund itself by selling power. You can eliminate the bankers and the IRS, too.

>They actually do specifically want nuclear weapons.
They'd be idiotic not to.

Because you can't make lovely nuclear bombs with the byproducts.

We were idiotic to dance around that truth. We should have just negotiated with that fact on the table. If we tell them no, then no means no, and the treaties will back us up on that.

sheeeeet. not fucking with no plutonium mah nigga.

>You just made my argument for me.

>It's okay to spend a lot of money and risk people's live's for a small niche benefit in the over scheme of the nation

Yeah, nah. It might, possibly, maybe, probably, could, would work, perhaps but you're asking in the wrong era.

There are too many unknowns and you're not even the one risking their money and life. You're asking for too much. Fuck off retard.

I think that space is very important but I do somewhat agree with this user. We should get thorium or some better energy source first and then use that as a stepping stool to space infrastructure.

>Yeah, nah. It might, possibly, maybe, probably, could, would work, perhaps but

Fuck off, BP.

Do you realize people are going to violently attack you when they realize you intentionally lied to them to cover up cheap energy? You're literally making a noose to hang yourself.

Bend the knee.

Even more harm to your cause by your continued shilling presence.

We've already confirmed you're a shill, and now you express a preference for thorium over a space elevator.

You just let everyone know which is a bigger threat to BP. Which means we are absolutely going to build a space elevator. AND thorium power.

I have an erection thinking about how much we're winning right now.

Free energy is simple. Just use the infinite power of the PS3.

>obtains ample amount of money to pay them
>suddenly a bunch of jews comes up and says "shut it down"

Read the ID's

You literally flipped in the same thread, because you got BTFO so hard, and turned a moderate threat (thorium) into a major one by letting the Space Elevator get out of the bag.

Just read user's comments. He suddenly realizes thorium isn't so bad after all, but definitely don't do a space elevator!

Denial shifts to limited hangout.

>eating popcorn and keking

>We should get thorium

Does the US of A have any thorium reactors yet? I'll google that in a few minutes, but there's another entirely different problem with thorium. There are already a lot of nuclear reactors in the US of A, and we simply can't swap the existing uranium reactors for thorium reactors. So new Thorium reactors would need to be built, and people would not like that at all.

While Thorium reactors would be better than Uranium reactors, the future as seen by liberal mouth breathers like this one here is all about clean and natural energy. No matter how retarded, absurd and costly it might be.

You'll be fighting on two fronts, against the uranium reactors, their benefactors and haters, while also against day dreaming liberals.

what's that from? is that will ferrel?

Thorium decays slowly and thus releases energy slowly.
Claiming that Thorium is a practical energy source would be like claiming that drinking out of a cup with a smaller opening is more hydrating because it takes longer to finish drinking.