What are your thoughts on the War on Drugs?

What are your thoughts on the War on Drugs?
It began as racism and just kinda became a way to lock a fuckton of people up
But at the same time, legalizing everything wouldn't work in most places (fuck off Amsterdam libertarians)

Other urls found in this thread:

globalresearch.ca/drug-war-american-troops-are-protecting-afghan-opium-u-s-occupation-leads-to-all-time-high-heroin-production/5358053
youtu.be/k2oW63XkBhw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

making drugs illegal didnt stop them
and treatment services are all underfunded

Legalize Weed and Psychedelics, keep everything else banned.

natural psychedelics like shrooms or LSD/DMT too

>pyscedelics
I enjoy pyscedelics as much as the next guy but people are stupid and they can lead to pretty bad things if not used sensibly. Legalising them is a terrible idea

>legalizing everything wouldn't work in most places

Why?

At this point, from a purely financial perspective, the cost of prohibition (local policing, federal enforcement, partnerships/entanglements with third world governments, maintenance of large prison systems, lost productivity from people with felony records, etc) and the lost tax revenue that comes from having such a significant portion of the economy being underground outweighs any social costs that might come from a significant increase in addicts.

Is there something I'm missing?

i heard shrooms aren't as detrimental but shit like LSD can permanently fuck your psyche and brain chemistry

drugs should be much more widely available but there should be requirements that users see some knowledgeable doctor since most people don't do nearly enough research about what they ingest

100+ years in the US of demonizing drug use, drug dealing, et cetera. It's also aligned with south america and the arab crescent
it would also cause us to be more on par with a sort of Brave New World type society, with everyone doped up

trip leaf makes a good point

>ban everything
>legalizing everything
What i hate about war on drugs is the fact you kinda end up being trapped in between two pretty retarded options.
Weed needs to be decriminalised, some psychos and stimulators too, but not fucking heroin.

I don't see the relevance of our history of demonizing drug use or dealing. As for the South Americans and the Arabs, I think you're fooling yourself if you believe that the major players today would continue to exert influence ten years after widespread legalization. Once the banks and the multinationals come in there isn't going to be much room for the old cartels to be anything more than overseers.

I object to spending billions of tax dollars per year with no foreseeable end besides the continued erosion of civil liberties.

Im on with that. Like, I've studied criminology and this shit is crazy.
Look at our schedules and people say weed is schedule 1? the fuck

man we demonize florida for the oxycontin highway
and doping up the masses is bad

Why not heroin? Sure, it destroys lives, but so does alcohol. Make it legal, tax it, shift funds that used to be spent on narcotics enforcement to foot patrols focused on petty property crime. Its not the responsibility of the state to use force in order to create the appearance that they're protecting stupid, irresponsible people from being stupid and irresponsible.

Legalize everything but narcan. Make ODing the same legal equivalent as a do not resuscitate order.

>tax it
and so we make it illegal to make/sell yourself right? when theres already a massive illegal market?
it worked for weed because it's cleaner, safer, and can be stronger and more creatively used
heroin users don't care about that

The masses dope themselves up already and any public health researcher can tell you that the boom in prescription drug abuse has more to do with grey market availability than anything else. Soon the DEA will shift resources to the pill mills and whatever isn't being paid attention to will become the next big drug scourge. Its like squeezing air out of a tied balloon: you don't actually accomplish anything other than moving things around.

see
>yeah we demonize florida because of the oxytocin highway

Legalize a lot of it. Ban anything that makes someone aggressive.

I don't mean decriminalize like marijuana, I mean legalize like tobacco. The black market all but dies just as soon as you create a legitimate alternative. If a heroin addict can go to a liquor store and buy his cap he doesn't have a reason to buy from Jimmy who shot Tyrone over who got to sell on the corner of 66th and Western. If he isn't feeding the black market, Jimmy has no reason to shoot Tyrone. If Jimmy has no need to shoot Tyrone, you don't need the cops, courts, or publicly funded Level 1 trauma centers to deal with their bullshit.

if the heroin is more expensive, they'll stick with Tyrese on the corner
you underestimate heroin addicts

Legalization will bring costs down overall. It will often change the nature of the black market. Cigarettes run somewhere around $12/pack near me. Are there black market, untaxed cigarettes being sold? Of course there are, but nobody is shooting each other over it because nobody is getting rich. Its a hustle, not an organized criminal enterprise.

Drugs are criminalized for good reason, they undermine the social fabric of society. The state has an obligation to maintain a healthy citizenry, without which, it could not defend itself.

exactly my line of thought
tobacco and heroin are kind of on different levels
I feel like youve never met a heroin addict
cheapest strong shit

That's because there aren't an already established criminal enterprise who deals in tobacco. The same is not the case for heroin.
Of course there's the old joke about tax evasion giving a harsher sentence than drug dealing, but it's just that, a joke.

Addiction is strongly associated with poverty. The state has limited resources. Continued widespread, aggressive prohibition is essentially welfare with guns.

>What are your thoughts on the War on Drugs?

You mean 'the US army protecting poppy fields in Afghanistan'?

>addiction is associated with poverty
associated maybe? but have you been around rich people?
I've seen more welathy people with coke, vicodin, and xanax than poor
different drugs for different wealth classes

>Legalize a lot of it. Ban anything that makes someone aggressive.

Nice try, Moshe...some more sheeps wthout a brain

golden crescent needs to be carpet bombed. twice.

>legalizing everything wouldn't work

Claiming it wouldn't work isn't an argument

>in most places
Ignoring that you haven't produced a credible argument explaining why it doesn't work, drug legalization doesn't have to work everywhere, it just needs to work where its benefits outweigh prohibition, I.e. the US, Mexico, and a few other countries in Latam

Nu/pol/ is against the legalization of drugs

You know how I can tell you're a brainless millennial?

>Store sells hard drugs like heroin and meth
>John buys his meth routinely from them
>John's use increases, soon he's staying up multiple days
>John's work performance suffers, and social life goes to shit
>John loses his job and has no friends
>John is now physically and mentally addicted to this legal substance which he must have
>John goes to the store and begs for some meth, but is turned away
>John goes home and gets his gun, robs the store, killing the young clerk making $7.50 an hour

Hard drugs can never be legalized because of the cost to society they incur. The problem with drugs like meth isn't that they're illegal or costly, it's that once you start using them heavily you cease to become a normal productive member of society.

China completely collapsed because they legalized Opium. 25% of their population was addicted at the peak and their economy spiraled into depression.

>I feel like youve never met a heroin addict

I've lost a couple of friends to heroin, honestly. I also spent several years working in a high volume, inner city ER. Heroin is terrible, but management is better than futility.

>mexico
>pushing for legalization
it's like you WANT the peso to crash

That was the case for alcohol. You don't see Italians, Irish, Germans, and Jews shooting one another over whores and liquor in Chicago anymore.

THE LEAF! Friendly reminder the middle east should be glassed and if you take issue with the exploitation of Sand Niggers, you are a beta cum guzzler.

alcohol was already legal
bunch of bitchy whiny feminists said it was terrible that their husbands went to the bar after work instead of coming home
little different dumbass

again. youre apparently a doctor or nurse
im a criminologist

>You don't see Italians, Irish, Germans, and Jews shooting one another over whores and liquor in Chicago anymore
No, now it's just niggers doing it instead.

>golden crescent needs to be carpet bombed. twice.

Um, i smell a kike from Philly...

I talk to old timers that tell me that drug use was unheard of in the 50s, and I believe them. What has changed? There's a solution out there, and it's not decriminalization. It seems that every housewife is on xanax or vicodin. Almost every teen smokes weed. Heroin is everywhere. These are all symptoms of decay, doesn't matter what the cause is.

to be fair, you havent lived until youve seen someone sitting on a bench for hours just sipping Steel Reserve from a straw

>Why not heroin?
Because it has the potential to make you addicted after one or two uses.
>irresponsible people from being stupid and irresponsible.
That also makes them pretty violent, deluded, brown for some reason, and gives them the urge to invade your house in the middle of the night or attack people on the street.

>THE LEAF! Friendly reminder the middle east should be glassed and if you take issue with the exploitation of Sand Niggers, you are a beta cum guzzler.

What a good goy you make, Bubba Dean....probably Evangelical, right?

This

I love acid and shrooms beyond description because I use them to study, learn instruments, figure shit out, invent even, but most people I've tripped with just get lost in the pretty colours and physical sensations.

Psychedelics can have horrible effects on dumb and fragile people because they're prone to not understanding what is happening.

The nausea at first is just your body going: "What the fuck is this unknown substance?" and reacting by activating the immune system and certain hormones.

I suggest that people should get licences for every drug in the world... you know, after a series of thorough tests. Even alcohol and cigarettes.

But, who gives a shit.. the end argument that I have is that it's my body and I should be ableto shoot amphetamines into my eyeballs if I fucking want to... natural selection.

As Bill Hicks said, a complete legalisation of drugs would be like stepping on evolution's gas pedal: the stupid ones would think they can fly and jump of buildings, whereas the smart ones will improve themselves.

Imagine how fucked and stupid you have to be to go to the top of a building to check if you can fly... why wouldn't you try taking off from the ground?

I digress, the complete legalisation of drugs is not possible because of the jew wallets and such, but it surely would be fun shit to watch.

yeah, i am a jew from philly. sup. Im not a dumb fuck jew who lets arabs fuck them sideways
The golden triangle (south america) isnt as beneficial for heroin anymore. Mostly cocaine now
Golden crescent (arabs) gives us most opiates

unless you benefit from the fact drugs are sold for more than they are worth, prohibition is poor policy.

>It began as racism

*record scratch*

FOUND THE NIGGER
O
U
N
D

T
H
E

N
I
G
G
E
R

>why wouldn't you try taking off from the ground?
this. I know a guy who took xanax, molly, and LSD, while drunk. Tried to fly by going up 2 flights of stairs then jumping.

>Golden crescent (arabs) gives us most opiates

Like i said before...the US army protecting it...

globalresearch.ca/drug-war-american-troops-are-protecting-afghan-opium-u-s-occupation-leads-to-all-time-high-heroin-production/5358053

m8, look at criminalization of weed. Dont be uneducated just because it fits your world view you cum dump

We're not taxing all the drug money, and some of it goes to corrupt pockets. The peso would be stronger if we could grow coca leaves in controlled environments, and all sorts of other drugs.

Instead we have a shitload of violence which stalls economic growth, foreign and local investment, and has a negative impact on the overall quality of life of people

You need an iq in the lower 90s or be a heart bleeding bootlicker in order to be against legalization

That's because he's a dumbfuck and he could only learn by seriously injuring himself.

I tripped so many time that I lost count, had more than 1000ug in my face, the stupidest thing I've ever done was to fish without bait.

It runs in America, the stupidity and all
Runs in most of the places, but it's the fastest in America

>trying to say the jews like the arabs
>still pulling the "jews run everything" shit
>saying a jew wanting to bomb opiate growers is pro-aran opiate growers
how many levels of neofascist are you on man?
fuckin retarded leaf.
Or is it because you legally cant speak out against your muslim overlords anymore?

In Victorian England there were very little laws regarding lifestyle's, including substance abuse. As a result everyone was a wreck and lived very degenerate lives, but instead of the culture dying out (((someone))) decides to cash in on the people stupid enough to get hooked on substances they can't handle. Having things be legal didn't stop degeneracy, leaving only healthy people left, but instead just fed the corporate jews more money. It only ended when the political jew noticed a drop in citizen efficiency.

>burger namefagging is a drug-addled degenerate

raely meks u tink

>m8,
>cum dump

First I'm your buddy; then your cum dump.

Gotta love that public education system...

First of all, we should bomb your country back to the stone age, and when people are fed up, that's exactly what will happen. Mexico is a plague on this earth.

I FUCKING HATE DRUGGIES

forgot there were the little jawns on here, the name things
let me live

>>trying to say the jews like the arabs
>>still pulling the "jews run everything" shit
>>saying a jew wanting to bomb opiate growers is pro-aran opiate growers
>how many levels of neofascist are you on man?
>fuckin retarded leaf.
>Or is it because you legally cant speak out against your muslim overlords anymore?

Poor little kike, your 'Khazar tactics' doesn't work with me, im not one of those dumb gullible peasant...

youtu.be/k2oW63XkBhw

>boss president
>sexy women
y'all win the culture war honestly

I get your point of view, but drugs can be brought up to perfection today, even the addictions can be handled.

Apple wouldn't exist without LSD, for example.
Bad example, but you get the point.

Boredom is a disease worse than cancer
Drugs cure that disease.

Why aren't drugs, then, legal?

no seriously. I want you to say something anti-arab or anti-muslim
Are you actually too scared?

I'd say apathy, not boredom

All that is natural should be legalised and LSD/Ketamine/Opiates should be used only for medicinal/therapeutic reasons.
It would be a bad idea to legalise the rest

>no seriously. I want you to say something anti-arab or anti-muslim
>Are you actually too scared?

If you say something negative about Israel or kikes first, Bubba

>mfw A LEAF cant speak out against islam anymore because Trudy made it illegal

>First of all, we should bomb your country back to the stone age,
That's an affirmation, nothing else. Let me wipe my nose with it.
> and when people are fed up, that's exactly what will happen. >Mexico is a plague on this earth.
More worthless opinions

If not roleplaying, it's sad to see how average burgerbreathers are this pathetic, you can picture a fat deluded fuck spouting these retarded calls for genocide and butthurt vitriol instead of being rational

anybody who smokes weed or does any kind of drug should be sterilized and deported

Nigger, Islam doesn't belong in Europe or North America but they're not fuckin blood thirsty monsters like your fuckin Jewish medias like to push down every one throat...

>racism
What?

And I think that some drugs are okay to be legalized as long as alcohol is still legalized. As long as they are conducted in a private setting, under a certain age group, and if you are caught in public doing it you get heavily fined ($800 or more) and even more so for kids ($2000 or more, some serious fining) and time in jail (a few days for kids, enough to scare them straight). Thats the only compromise I see happening.

They tried to pass a stupid law legalizing marijunna in my area not too long ago where there were hardly any consequences. Thank God it didn't pass.

>Boredom is a disease worse than cancer
I absolutely disagree. Boredom is an incentive to productivity, and if not then at least to recreational activities that hopefully either strengthens social bonds or enlightens individuals.
Drugs can be part of these recreational activities, but substances that can give long term damage after just few exposures should not be legal. Addiction is also a damage, in my opinion.
>With that logic nicotine should be illegal
I think it should indeed be illegal, even if the withdrawal symptoms aren't dangerous.

This of course bring up things like mental addictions, like how some people "can't live" without their social media. While I don't have an iron-clad opinion on those I'd say that bio-chemically addictive drugs should be criminalized.

Drugs are degenerative. Rodrigo Duterte has the right idea about what to do with druggies.

>That's an affirmation, nothing else. Let me wipe my nose with it.
It's an informed prediction.
>More worthless opinions
No, that's called consensus. Most Americans hate you. Mexico is a shithole of corruption and morons that are trying to infest our great nation. The war on people like you has already been declared.

You must be hella fun at dinner parties

Its immoral.
>legalizing everything wouldn't work in most places
There is never a situation wherein the right thing to do is wrong.

Making them legal in the US would increase our GDP by 10% in one year Id bet.

I enjoy it now that whites are becoming addicted to opiates and painkillers
>mfw thinking of all those whites rotting away on the street and in jail just for getting high
Now I know why you types enjoyed it when it was just us nonwhites getting targeted...schadenfreude is fun!
Also statistically, one of you whites ITT is either addicted to opiates or has a family member who is an addict

Typical drug addled hypocritical white child...

>You must be hella fun at dinner parties
Ironically, I get a lot better when Ï'm drunk.
I'm also known for my witty remarks, but I find them harder to make on internet forums like this one, where I am not among people I know well.

There is literally no reason for psychedelics to be illegal. It's like outlawing a warm sunny day or being in love.

Hey, fuck you. Whites are fighting for your freedom too.

Don't assume anything about me, it's a sign of stupidity.

Barbra is a kike whore. That whole company is the biggest bunch of goddamn degenerates.

Not really...no other race has ever expressed a desire to see me & mine homeless and genocided.

>do as we say not as we do
Typical pill popping suburban white millennial. Too high to avoid contradicting himself..

Alright you don't sound like a retard

But, if you're gonna say all drugs, including nicotine, should banned, alcohol has gotta go, too

I honestly avoid dealing with drunk people unless I'm more drunk than them, and I don't drink anymore, got sick of it.

As I said, everyone who wants to consume anything should be tested first to see if they're a threat to anyone or themselves. Then you get a licence for whatever the fuck you want.

No one's gonna bomb Mexico idiot, cartels aren't stronger than 10 years ago, there's no evidence that the US intends to do anything in Mexico, nor does Mexico show any intention of working with the US to bomb people in the country, it's quite the contrary, actually, the head of foreign relations has said that maybe Mexico won't cooperate that much with the US if they keep the hostility of Trump's rhetoric up, our only interests in fighting the drug war lies in the economic "benefits" we get from NAFTA, we aren't a big consumer of drugs.

Did some lsd last night. I agree its quiet the experience and when done responsibly can fix your current shot attitude for a months to come.

this

Vikings consumed cannabis and ate mushrooms and they were the most redpilled badasses on the planet

Requiring tests for being allowed to take certain substances is pretty much, unironically, systematic racism as some races can't handle certain drugs.

As for
>Alcohol should be banned as well
Alcohol and most psychedelics aren't chemically addictive, and thus shouldn't be banned, in my opinion. It's still possible to be mentally addicted to the drugs though, but being forcefully taken away from them won't kill or harm you.
With that out of the way, I won't deny that the abuse (not use) of these substances are indeed degenerate and should be discouraged.

The problem with this argument is people are going to do meth whether it's legal or not.

If you take alcohol away from an alcoholic they can die.

Alcohol is, however, literally physically addictive. You're having double morals here. I tried most drugs you've heard of, I can say they're shit because of that.

You can only argue for alcohol because that's the only thing you've tried.

Drugs have done good things for humankind.

>alcohol was already legal
So were most drugs. There were no illegal substances in the us back then.

>There is literally no reason for psychedelics to be illegal. It's like outlawing a warm sunny day or being in love.

Fuckin white nigger from BC detected...

>Alcohol is physically addictive
I suppose it is, but not nearly as addictive as heroin, methamphetamine or cocaine. I suppose a half-arbitrary limit to how addictive a drug may be would be what I want.

>Drugs have done good things for mankind
Many drugs have made a party more festive or brought people together, but claiming that they're good for mankind is certainly an overstatement.

>But [famous genius] took drugs
The drugs weren't what made him a genius or have him his bright ideas, and I'm convinced he would've gotten them anyway. This isn't something that I can prove or that can be disproved, it's just my belief.

You can only have that belief after having experienced drugs.

It's like explaining colours to a blind person.

Doesn't sound very scientific or rational to me.
I know it sounds stiff, but rationale should be a deciding part of our society. Also I'm a "scientist" so I can't really work with the "you have to try it to know how it is".

>lost tax revenue that comes from having such a significant portion of the economy being underground outweighs any social costs that might come from a significant increase in addicts.

You are fantastically stupid.

The US .gov makes so much fucking money from dope, it's disgusting.

They are are the number 1 distributor of heroin, and everything else. You don't think that they invaded Afghanistan to depose the Taliban, do you? That was to gain control of 90% of heroin on earth.

They come down hard on meth labs because they don't get a piece of the pie from clandestine labs.

They have been the man behind the curtain of cocaine since the 70's.

The CIA is entirely funded from robbing big time drug dealers and selling the dope. I wouldn't be surprised if they steal and sell the same dope several times.