After saying on Friday that regime change was likely...

After saying on Friday that regime change was likely, Tillerson is now saying it's off the table and that co-operation with the Syrian regime is likely to defeat ISIS. This comes after his statement last Monday that Assad is to remain in power. Niki Haley is still saying regime change is happening.

What the fuck is going on, Sup Forums?

>bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-04-09/tillerson-says-no-change-to-military-stance-on-syria-assad

Other urls found in this thread:

rt.com/usa/384112-trump-sanctions-russia-iran/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Interesting. I wonder if this was getting more uncomfortable for them than the healthcare loss?

We NEED TO SUPPORT TILLERSON

Good question potato bro. I don't have a fucking clue.

I don't understand it. Is there a conflict of motive in the Trump Administration? Neo-Con Haley is begging for war, and now Tillerson is saying there will be none.

>Tillerson
Ah now I remember where I've heard that name before.

Maybe its a purposeful misdirection to keep people guessing so that no one gets clued in on anything until "it" happens.

Not to mention that now there's reports that Trump is considering sanctions on Russia and Iran

I'm so confused

>rt.com/usa/384112-trump-sanctions-russia-iran/

This

Nikki Haley said that.
Yeah, he's the only sensible one who supports peace, but OMG he's rich

Shills/unfaithful btfo

He needs to get rid of her. Like, fast. Do you think he'll do it?

>he's the only sensible one who supports peace
Based on what other than today's statements?

What kind of shilling is this?

Tillerson is a faggot with a big mouth. He's not telling us his opinion on what should happen.... he's telling us his appraisal of what the trump cabinet is thinking.

"Regime change" doesn't necessarily mean invasion. They plan to do it through peaceful diplomatic and democratic means. Not by toppling Assad and leaving a vacuum.

I wonder what Jim Webb would do

You're filling in a huge blank here.

its just a confusion tactic. they make many different people say many differen things.
remember how trump said he will useclever disinformation tactics to hide his true intentions?

really???

please God let thus be true. please no occupyerino in Syria. pls

I heard the plan is to crush ISIS along with the Assad regime and then have Assad step down peacefully, which I'm lukewarm about

>Jim Webb
suk more cock and promote more communism probly

>lefty reddit invades pol
>spreads talk of anti trump
>says "jews" trying to pander to us like old people pandering to youth
GEE GOLLY WIZ ITS ALMOST LIKE THEY WANTED YOU TO THINK IT WAS NOT PART OF TRUMPS PLAN

Nikki and Tillerson have both said that the US will co-operated with Syria to defeat ISIS, but that there should be a regime change AFTER ISIS is defeated. There's been no change in policy and these two things are not mutually exclusive.

The message to Assad is: if you want to help us defeat ISIS, we will work with you, but when we're done, you have to go.

>Help us beat the enemy, but after that, you are out of power
Makes sense.

>(((reports)))

Where have you been the last year?

Why wouldn't it make sense? It's no different than when a company lays off an employee but has them train their replacement. Pretty fitting for a president who campaigned on running the government like a corporation.

By you have to go you mean executed in public square being target practice for rock tossing and the country handed over to "moderate muslims"

It's not that great. I wish there is a better alternative than Assad.

> executed in public square
Not necessarily. He could exile himself to a neutral country or one willing to give him asylum. Iran or Russia perhaps.