I'm a Christian and never considered this

I'm a Christian and never considered this

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2016/04/21/my-wife-and-i-are-white-evangelicals-heres-why-we-chose-to-give-birth-to-black-triplets/
dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/570064/Devout-Christians-life-savings-house-asylum-seekers
youtu.be/1IXsTKzOTvo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because it's impossible to say, "Hey, this is what I was doing out in the desert for a month."

>doesn't believe word of Father
>thinks the whole thing is a common law court room barring "hear say"

>written by a nigger
who cares

>a story can only be written by someone who was there

So anthony beevor' s excellent account of the events in Stalingrad 1942-3 should be discarded along with most history books?

The bigger problem is how people continue claiming that The Bible is infallible when it was compiled by literal Roman-appointed council. And thing like Gospel of Thomas are apocrypha because... reasons, i guess?

Can't have the goyim reading them redpills

Yeah the earliest bibles we have are all from over a century after the death of christ. That's plenty of time for things to get muddled up or for people to insert their own agenda. That's why you have to take the holy texts with a grain of salt.

>thinks the whole thing is a common law court room barring "hear say"
Isn't it?

Read Concordant Literal book of Unveiling (Revelation). Says He was white. And not albino or whatever

No. Moses was given a civil code

The apostles followed Jesus to Gethsemane, and listened to him in secret.
>cherry picking and not reading other books to verify

My favorite part of Boswell's Life of Johnson are when he describes Johnson's early childhood. Boswell wasn't even born yet!

And nothing is hidden from God so God maybe put the words through however format or persons He wanted

jesus talked to people, he had followers, read the bible if you want to criticize it, you dumb fucking autist

Jesus isn't God you fucking retard

Mountain Jews aren't believers

>anyone who reads the Bible is a retard
>reads Harry Potter 8 times

finally also /thread
still a Christian though

If you don't understand the hypostetic Union and the inspiration of the Holy Spirit
Not to mention the apostles studied with Jesus for 3 years

>anthony beevor

Fantasy writer.

Isn't the Bible inspired by God?
Reading the bible without faith is worse than not reading it.

>21st century American with literally more access to research about academic Biblical Studies than any previous generation in history
>goes on a Japanese message board to claim that he's flabbergasted about an image which conflates contemporary conceptions of history with a sacred text written in the ancient Mediterranean that has radically different conceptions of how a narrative genre works
>"gee Sup Forums this really stretches my noggin"
fucking faggot

Gospel of Thomas and the infancy gospels were excluded because they showed Jesus in an unfavorable light- like Jesus murdered a boy. (Jesus actually murdered 3 people, but one he did not resurrect).

lol . . . every town, every city, every village in Switzerland. Every single one will have the bells of the church on the hour. Every single one will have the bells of the church to call citizens to Mass // Cult. Know your place you pathetic asian faggot.

I'm not going to try and explain the Holy Trinity to a mental midget. and Jesus used his apostles to transcribe his conversations after they occured

13. Jesus said to his disciples, "Compare me to something and tell me what I am like."

Simon Peter said to him, "You are like a just messenger."

Matthew said to him, "You are like a wise philosopher."

Thomas said to him, "Teacher, my mouth is utterly unable to say what you are like."

Jesus said, "I am not your teacher. Because you have drunk, you have become intoxicated from the bubbling spring that I have tended."

And he took him, and withdrew, and spoke three sayings to him. When Thomas came back to his friends they asked him, "What did Jesus say to you?"

Thomas said to them, "If I tell you one of the sayings he spoke to me, you will pick up rocks and stone me, and fire will come from the rocks and devour you."

lets be honest here, the gospel of thomas doesn't exactly endorse itself.

>The Bible is infallible when it was compiled by literal Roman-appointed council.
also the gospel of Thomas is mostly quotes from the new testament in the first place.

what a stupid comment. and what a stupid OP for calling himself christian yet not having studied the bible enough to realize jesus never even claimed to be God

obviously you don't understand the basics of trinity. stfu you disgrace genevoise!

thanks for the tweet, really made me think.

What if the person didn't have faith?

They decided to read the bible.

And then developed faith?

I'm trying my hardest to believe in God

what about those do biographies, they aren't there with them either, but if they are lucky enough the person will tell them.

Gospel of Thomas is a 2nd century work

St Thomas was martyred in India way before he could have written it

And yet you deny the deity of Christ. By grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone. Gott Mit Uns, Swisscuck.

Apostles got the fire of the holy spirit nigga

Its almost like Jesus somehow conveyed his thoughts and opinions to his disciples.

What is stopping you?

Jesus was talking to the Father, and both are equally God

Not every writer in the Bible is an eyewitness, but some times were told what happened by Jesus or other disciples.

Do you really think Adam & Eve wrote down what happened to them? No, but God revealed it to the author. What a silly argument.

>Why can't I explain God and the supernatural using natural means?
>Lol God must not exist
RIP logic

Christ is separate from God you heathen faggot. You niggers will never reach heaven because animals dont go to heaven. Enjoy nothingness you negroid

worse for who?

take the flat earth pill. this, and seeing the Aether is what led me to Christianity and repentance.

In the first chapter in the book of acts, it discribes how Jesus taught them things they were not witness to. This is also referenced during His life too. Jesus taught them what happened while he fasted. Jesus taught them what he did whilethey were sinking on the sea of galilee, what had happened when all of his disciples scattered... They were filled with the Holy Spirit later and were guided into new knoweledge.

>Albanian calls me a Genevoise
I posted an obvious picture of Fribourg. Fuck off albanian retard. You muslim faggots wouldn't understand the complexities of the Trinity

Are there any atheists besides Hitchens who took the Koran to task like these twitter atheists who criticize every word in the Bible?

You wouldnt be the first to meet god if you get there friend. You will understand after. Keep reading, its a good message.

Thomas aquinas thought the world was round in the 13th century

(((Sam Harris )))

You ask God for faith.

>Stevan L. Davies argues that the apparent independence of the ordering of sayings in Thomas from that of their parallels in the synoptics shows that Thomas was not evidently reliant upon the canonical gospels and probably predated them

heissen and Merz argue the genre of a collection of sayings was one of the earliest forms in which material about Jesus was handed down.[32] They assert that other collections of sayings, such as the Q document and the collection underlying Mark 4, were absorbed into larger narratives and no longer survive as independent documents, and that no later collections in this form survive.[32] Marvin Meyer also asserted that the genre of a "sayings collection" is indicative of the 1st century,

Albert Hogeterp argues that the Gospel's saying 12, which attributes leadership of the community to James the Just rather than to Peter, agrees with the description of the early Jerusalem church by Paul in Galatians 2:1–14 and may reflect a tradition predating AD 70.

In saying 13, Peter and Matthew are depicted as unable to understand the true significance or identity of Jesus. Patterson argues that this can be interpreted as a criticism against the school of Christianity associated with the Gospel of Matthew, and that "[t]his sort of rivalry seems more at home in the first century than later", when all the apostles had become revered figures

The late camp dates Thomas some time after 100 AD, generally in the mid-2nd century.[50][51] They generally believe that although the text was composed around the mid-2nd century, it contains earlier sayings such as those originally found in the New Testament gospels of which Thomas was in some sense dependent in addition to inauthentic and possibly authentic independent sayings not found in any other extant text. J. R. Porter dates Thomas much later, to the mid-third century

there are more arguments that say it was made in the 1st century, backed by the scriptures than the lies of men.

Paul received his gospel by divine revelation. I can't remember how much the new testament gospels are influenced by pauline teachings though.

Because that's an Atheist talking about it.

The basic gestalt is; The trinity makes up 3 separate Gods united as one. The Son (Jesus Christ), the Father (God), and the Holy Spirit (The Spirit of Everything, the Deity) so these 3 work in harmony and unity to be God.

God with all the power over creation, can give people divinity and God-like ability or miracles. If a person was tasked with writing Gods word by divine intervention from God, you can be sure that'd it'd be precise.

But there's your basic gestalt.

I'm not here to convert people or argue with gaytheists, but I just want you guys to know there's a lot more to it than you realize. I'm sorry if you don't believe, but that's your choice. Maybe one day you'll hear the voice of God talking to you, or pray for help and forgiveness and you'll be surprised by the results working.

Take care and God bless

You're a fucking liar. That's what you are.

The Bible is the word of God given to those who wrote it.

The blind and deaf unfaithful will never understand such a thing, because the language of the Truth is non compatible with the language of their father, they cannot hear it or understand it.

huh, a US flag

how odd

he has a point, conflating jesus and god was the stupidest development in the history of christianity

With that logic I we guess we should just throw away all our history books since the authors most likely weren't there.

you're past the röstigraben, hence worthless. no other area is as left leaning as the 'russe'. Kys.

after a small rant I conclude, that you haven't grasped the trinity concept.

Paul perverted Christianity to suit his own stupid ideas.

How does a white couple give birth to 3 black children? Seems impossible from a genetic standpoint.

So which books of the bible do you accept?

and Pythagoras thought it was round before Chirst was around. its not a question of flat or round at this point, its a question of geocentric vs heliocentric astronomy, and the heliocentric model is a complete and utter fraud.

and the firmament is a reason why you can say the earth is round,

Stuff niglet embryos into a white womb.

>i refuse to believe in fairy tales for grownups so i believe billions of years ago, nothing exploded into everything and after millions of years of losing information from mutations, simple cells turned into complex organisms

Agree to disagree.. read about the trinity. It's pretty simple to understand really. It explains you and your relationship with the father and holy spirit. It's not confusing if you look into it.

The gates of hell shall not prevail against Christ's church

washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2016/04/21/my-wife-and-i-are-white-evangelicals-heres-why-we-chose-to-give-birth-to-black-triplets/

dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/570064/Devout-Christians-life-savings-house-asylum-seekers

Why are Christcucks such pathological liars?

pretty much all of them, I also accept pretty much all mythology as divinely inspired, and completely true. Greek mythology is a direct reference and stories about the Nephilum, men of old, and men of renown. and I'm like 100% sure Ragnarok happened between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2, and that was the event that made the event formless and void, as Norse Eschatology completely ended all creation. its not that I'm mixing and matching, its that it all matches in itself. and its too consistent to ignore once you take the flat earth pill

Muslim detected

Typical dumb "arguments" you only hear from Muslims

Christians
> "The Bible was divinely inspired. Interpretation differs as to how literally it ought to be taken, with mainstream Catholic doctrine stating that much of it is allegory or man's imperfect ability to understand, but the core of it is revealed by God."
Atheists
> "I have poor listening skills so I'm going to question how someone could know something about a thing they weren't there to see"

Christians
> "The Trinity is a central tenet of the Christian faith. The Son is not the Father or the Holy Spirit, but all three are nevertheless one. During the time Christ spent in this world, he did refer to the Father in the third person many times, and it is reasonable to assume he could speak to or otherwise commune with the Father."
Atheists
> "lol he talked to himself"

Christians
> "You're obviously not listening, but the Bible counsels patience. We can resume this discussion when you feel ready."
Atheists
> "I am the master of logic"

So you accept the book of Matthew?

OP is expressing the heresy of Modalism. Jesus is not the Father, so He was not talking to Himself. God is three persons sharing one divine essence. The persons are distinct. The essence is consubstantial.

Jesus could gave told them what happened after the resurrection and before the ascension

well, considering that the gospel of thomas quotes from the book of matthew, yes?

>And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

This is a direct reference to Hindu Mythology, where Krishna moved a mountain with his faith.

Have you read Matthew 16?

have you read acts 17:11?

what exactly are you trying to tell me by asking me about matthew 16?

He's talking to himself because god doesn't real.

Why does the angle to polaris go towards the horizon?

Before you say hurr durr muh lawww of purspektiff without any actual equations, transformations, relations, or mappings that describe perspective of any projection, here's some actual trigonometry that bored motherfuckers in ancient Greece figured out way the fuck back when.

Given a constant height of, what, 5000km? What's it your theory supposes? The angle between an eyeball at ground level and a point above a flat surface is the arctangent of 5000km-1.8m divided by the horizontal distance. (This holds true for the actual star too, but your horizontal distance is much smaller and the 'vertical' distance is much higher.)

Given the distance between the north and south poles is 40000km, at the equator, where polaris is low on the horizon if not under it, then arctan(4999998.2/20000000) should be 0 or close.

Hint. It isn't.

When it talks about Christs church in the singular and how the gates of hell shall not prevail against it?

I've read the new testament and do not recall any such passages.

Leftists just fucking love lying on social media posts.

There are only 12 apostles. Paul was a deceiver and a blasphemer

Well. if you like the Bible, you'll absolutely love the Quran!

I'm not even a Christian but if you read the Bible it becomes immediately apparent that fedora retards that make this kind of shit either haven't read the Bible or weren't thinking about it when they did.

Quran has a lot in common with the Book of Mormon

So trump attacks Assad., Assad is no longer able to keep Christians protected from isis (a Israeli organization)

>thread to reduce importance of Christianity pops up.
>sage
>saved for later use

better odds for being struck by lightning

true. Both Mohammad and Joe Smith were lying charlatans

>Be God

>Make garden
>All knowing so you already know Adam and Eve are going to fuck up
>Put Adam in Garden with Eve
>Put forbidden tree of knowledge in garden where they can get to it, knowing exactly what is going to happen
>No reason for the tree to even exist, since you already fucking know everything and Adam and Eve """"aren't supposed to touch it""""
>Make snake, no free will, literally programmed to be a tricky asshole and convince Eve to eat from tree
>Adam and Eve eat from tree
>"Hurr, I gave you free will. Why wouldn't you listen to me?"
>Punish Adam and Eve for doing what you set them up to do
>Punish the fucking snake you made for the explicit purpose of tricking them into doing what you wanted them to do.

How does anyone not just throw the Bible in the fucking trash after finishing the first scene? Holy shit God is just a massive asshole for no reason at all.

So how do you think you would fair against a shit skin Europe nipping at your heels
youtu.be/1IXsTKzOTvo

Both self proclaimed profits
Performed no known signs or miracles
Both visited by a spirit who claimed to be an angel
Both deny the trinity

>profits
Shalom, friend.

Satan (traditionally the serpeant)
Had freewill but chose to rebel from God
Freewill is necessary for love to exist

"God told these people to write this stuff I know because they said so!"

God is a jewish merchant

It's a story, not meant to be taken literally (unless you're an autist, like all fundamentalists are). The issue is: "How can there be Evil when God is Good?" - the answer the story gives is: "Man has separated himself (through his own actions) from God, and thus invites the evil that befalls him". i.e. God doesn't punish us, we're hurting ourselves.

>Holy shit God is just a massive asshole for no reason at all.

I don't know where this idea of a compassionate, loving God came from 'cause its complete horse shit. We are all at God's mercy.

God most likely made the words for a human to comprehend anyway considering Jesus's mortal body, and all that.

So what if he wasn't an apostle? how in the world does that make him a deceiver or a blasphemer? Are you on drugs?

Read the Bible, read how Jesus appeared to him on the road to Damascus.

It's like I'm talking to a child.. I can feel my brain cells dying