Wage Gap

I have a liberal friend who's always trying to tell me that the Gender pay wage is real, and that there have been many studies where there have been identical cases of men and women getting uneven pay. I can't find any studies that prove her right or wrong.

Redpill me on the wage gap Sup Forums
and please use sources so i can send to her too

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BDj_bN0L8XM
youtube.com/watch?v=QcDrE5YvqTs
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_Pay_Act_of_1963
insidesources.com/are-women-paid-less-than-men/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Business is about profits, and if women do the same jobs for less than men, it would be harder for men to get jobs than it is for women.

The way I usually get out of this is in bring up the fact that men are more likely to over work, and then since women don't often tie their self worth to their paycheck and possessions they've typically found a better balance between work and social life and men could learn a lot from them.

Asknyour friend why businness dont hire more women than men then since they can get the same work for less andnthen ask why fields arent getting influx of women the same way theybare indians.

She would probably just say that the "patriarchy" doesn't hire more women, despite them being cheaper to employ, because of misogyny. I.E. they're not worth saving 21 cents per hour because they're fucking women.

If companies could get away with paying 79 cents on the dollar for women to do the EXACT same job, wouldn't men be outta jobs?

Exactly this. She always argues that it is the evil patriarchy and they just don't think women can work as well as men

Yup, it's textbook logical fallacy. Basically, it's patriarchy all the way down.

Fucking women have been sitting on there lazy asses collecting money from men for thousands of years.
Fuck them MGTOW

CUNTS CANT EVEN BE DRAFTED BUT RECEIVE THE SAME BENEFITS AS MEN

Show her this video and then never talk to her again.

youtu.be/BDj_bN0L8XM

if the (((wage gap))) was real then companies would never hire men as they can reduce labor costs by 21% by only hiring women

Ask her why they never talk about Asian men in any of these feminist studies.

HINT: It's because white men make 90 cents to the asian mans $1

Maybe If they aren't so stingy with there pussys the gaps will be filled

>they can reduce labor costs by 21% by only hiring women

Accurate, except when you take into account that women operate at about 50% the production of men. That's the REAL reason there's a wage gap.

>her
>arguing facts with a woman
Jesus Christ, man. Sort yourself out.

These people are stupid enough to conflate wage with earnings.

The wage gap does not exist.

Women are less likely to negociate well their contract offer. To negociate promotions too.
They also tend to work less over time and take more holidays.

Now it is an average.
Young unmarried and childless women earn more than unmarried childless men.
Men with a family earn more than unmarried women.
Single women with child(ren) earn the less amount of money.

Men need a family to strive professionaly, in order to provide for others.
Women don't.

Everything I give you here is an average.
There is individuals who break the barriers.

The wage gap isn't real, but it should be since women do a shit job of just about everything.

I have a really hardworking female boss desu

She's sharp and works efficiently all day long

I'm not sure if any of you anons actually have jobs tbqh

Would you pay a kindergarten woman the same as an engineer who went to universtiy for years and if he fucks up people die?

The wage gap is all about the choice of your job. Women just tend to work in fields that are less well paid. For a reason.

So shes saying they deserve to be paid 70 cents to the dollar?

/argument

>hey check out this outlier
>and check out this ad-hom too

Only about 12% of women graduate with a STEM degree. Only .8% of high school females consider a career in computer technology. Hmmmmm.

being a "power woman" and barking orders while on the rag isnt the same as efficient labor units

Don't make us do your research for you. The worst thing about the wage gap myth is that the MOST CURSORY of google searches will get you to the answers. Even the organizations trying to "fix" the wage gap admit that when you factor for men and women working the same job the gap shrinks to at most 7 cents.

So take two fucking minutes and find out for yourself.

Why do men make up the majority of the workforce if businesses can save 20-30% on labour costs?
Either
>Women are so unproductive that it's better for businesses to employ men
>The wage gap doesn't exist

Really jogs the noggin', don't it user?

The pay gap is real, as a whole. But the reasons for it are too many to list. Sexism is the least likely reason.

There are plenty of cases where they are in the same position but the men, who on average have more years of experience, get paid a little more, yes. Shocking, I know.

exception to the rule does not invalidate the rule

thanks bud, also the only reason i'm talking to her is because i'm trying to fuck her

>wage slave who believes the whole "being a boss is harder than the jobs they work above"

It's okay man, I used to buy this shit too until I became an executive at my job.

Imagine what a company like Wal-mart will over 1,000,000 employees would save annually if they could pay women .21 cents less per hour. Now tell me why Wal-mart would ever employ a man ever again given that we've established that Wal-mart can discriminate by paying women less so muh discrimination is not a factor. It boils down to simple math.. if women actually made less than men wouldn't have jobs.

>wage gap
It's like taking literally everyone in a big company including the CEO who got millions a year and find the average pay like $1000/hr. It's just stupid.

>implying what your doing isn't ad hom
>implying everyone else in the thread isn't describing outlier with anecdotes
>not realizing most people here are autists who probably work shitty service jobs with other degenerates and doesn't realize that's why the women there suck

I am all for redpills but this one makes me laugh. I'm excited for anons to get grown up jobs and realize there's no large difference between the work ethic of men and women

50 cents are more than generous

Even if those men were paid more with the same years of experience and had the same skills that would come down to the ability of a man to negotiate a higher salary. People are never paid what they're worth only what they negotiate for.

*you're because I know you'll be a faggot about it

Most entrepreneurs work extremely hard

If you could pay women 70% why the fuck woul you ever hire a man?

ok but is she being paid less than her male counterpart?

there is no wage gap.
Women are not paid less for the same job and the same hours.

They know this and they know they are lying.

This tells you all you need to know. youtube.com/watch?v=QcDrE5YvqTs

Girls our age make more now. It's a generational shift that won't change going forward.

I can speak to this for reasons.

I come from a poor family where no one has a career. I spent all of high school studying, getting straight A's, and taking AP classes. I always wanted to learn to code, and when I went to signed up for the one computer science class

>the teacher would ignore my questions and literally called me Katy Perry instead of my name all year
>any time there were team projects, people would do my work for me without asking, and give no feedback on the work I did
>we started with no background, and jumped straight into learning Java which is not the easiest, and any time I had a question the teacher would just give me the answer and not help me find it
>I was a meme in the class for the whole year

It's hard when no one believes in you and you can't afford other resources. It just is. And I'm still practicing on my own years later

No she's saying that the sexist bosses think they should be

The way it's calculated in the OP pic diving all wage income by sex.
Note that by doing so it doesn't take into consideration the trade and working hours. Men work more hours and on more lucrative jobs by average.
Basically the same job has the same pay for both genders, although there are some rare exceptions such as actors. As a whole, women choose more jobs with monopsony labor market (as in multiple sellers, only one buyer), meaning wages for teachers aren't likely to rise as fast as engineers. However, if more women choose to study something less lucrative such as social work over finance, I don't really see this as an inequality issue, different demographics have different preferences and trying to change that without further arguments is merely statistical fetishism in my opinion. The only legitimate complaint comes from the working hours, because if daycare is too expensive one parent has to remain at home and women are more likely to do that, meaning less income for them on the aggregate level.

>implying you couldnt just get the nerds in the class to help you

*To elaborate the monopsony argument, if there are multiple employers they have to compete with each other over the most productive employees. Meaning above average engineers have multiple companies willing to hire them and therefore offer better wages, while above teachers have only the public sector hiring them.

If you´re so smart why didn´t you learn programming online? Shits fucking easy theres gorillion guides online.

Navigating the dynamics of asking a teenage boy to help you with your homework does not play out like you think it would desu

>one time a guy tried to kiss me when other members of our study group hadn't shown up yet

Also a lot of the nerds were still bad at jumping into Java so fast

I'm not saying I'm so smart user

I'm merely giving anecdotal perspective as to why there may be so few women in STEM, especially in computer sciences

Ask them if they believe in Asian privilege.

Its a very useful skill for a female.
Especially if you resemble katy perry

Also CHECK EM YOU VIRGIN FAGGOTS

>your face when I'm your boss at a tech firm one day

I studied ICT-engineering for a year and the group interaction gets sorts of cancerous if the gender disparity is massive. On the other hand I've heard it's basically the same for men who study female majority stuff like nursing.
But I don't see the treatment you got for being the reason why there are so few women even trying to study STEM, since most choose to study something else from the get go.

Were not talking about entrepreneurs though, were talking about middle management pretending their jobs are difficult.

I guess the point I'm not describing well is that as a poor young woman, there was virtually no out reach for women interested in learning STEM things. I didn't even know what coding was.

The reason I think not having outreach is a problem for women and not for men is anecdotal so feel free to take it with a grain of salt.

Websites like these are where a lot of young people start to learn about coding. You think guys learn it in school? No no no. It's places like this. And places like this are hostile to women. I had a thick skin when I started browsing here in high school. Most people don't put up with this shit though, and women are especially predisposed to not putting up with this garbage fire of a website. But that also means that a main connector between the CS field and the female gender is broken

Post tits bitch

Legal employers can't, and if some feels underpaid they can always use the law , is everyone that dumb ?en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_Pay_Act_of_1963

insidesources.com/are-women-paid-less-than-men/

Why does stem need to be special for females?
Your teacher treating you differently is one thing, but a website? Lool

If she thinks that business owners across the nation of every size, from Google to your local grocery store will unilaterally make the same dumb business decision which is obviously worse for their bottom line for no other reason than a universally held agreement that women don't deserve equal pay despite being legally obligated to provide it and I guess just aren't being prosecuted left and right because reasons, she's not worth arguing with.

Put her argument in those terms. The equal pay act has been law for generations at this point. Where are the law suites? Why aren't women fighting for apparently withheld pay?

If gender is a social construct there can be no wage gap.

What makes you think there's outreach for males in stem fields? I never coded until college and just graduated with a comp sci degree and started working in the field at 25 an hour.

Sure. As a boy, I was marketed to more to buy videogames and tech gadgets and that MIGHT have had something to do with how fast I picked coding up, but if you think it should be product marketers with the responsibility to inspire and lead the next generation of children, you're fucking demented. If parents want to introduce their daughter to coding, they will. If they don't, it's not the job of private companies or the government to regulate culture to the point where children are forced to do something they aren't drawn to naturally.

Woah woah I'm not saying it's anyone's job. I never say something *should* be happening that isn't. I'm literally explaining why I think the disparity exists. That's all.

Wage gap is real but logical, it's not because of some smug sexism.

Women are less likely to have complete careers because pregnancy, making them less reliable workers. So even with the same job, the same degrees, the same age, etc... it's logical for a boss to promote the guy because he won't miss several weeks/months because of a pregnancy.

And that's not a cultural bias. Even if it's the man in the couple who takes care of the children and do house chores, the woman STILL have to go threw a long time pretty much incapable of doing her job.

So no, most of the wage gap isn't sexism (even if some boss prefers to promote men by solidarity, the same amount will promote women in hopes to get into their pants). It's a mix of physical limitations (pregnancy) who has always lead to a cultural bias (women have to choose easier jobs, therefore less paid and less important). That said, that bias should have been reduce now high paid jobs aren't physical at all.

So what to do ? We can't tell women to stop having children or we're dooming the (white) race. Since I don't think we can realisticaly ask all women to be a stay-at-home mom (I would kill myself so I don't know why a woman wouldn't) then we most do those things:
> a very strict law protecting pregnant women jobs and ensuring with tax payers money (like child support) that employers don't lose money just because one of their worker got pregnant.
> another law giving a right for dads to take a couple of paid weeks for each newborn, so men and women having kids are equally annoying for their boss.
> Massive orientation for young girls to explain to them there is other career than hairdresser or gender studies.

Sorry, I just hear that opinion a lot. People, women and nu-males wanting to unilaterally give private companies the authority to advertise to children directly thinking they won't immediately try to create consumers for life.

But yeah. As someone who's been through a computer science education and was even a TA for like half of it, I might be able to shed some light on the male side of this experience. For instance, I found myself doing the majority of work in a number of projects because
1) I like to code and finishing my portion of a project is fun but I'd like to do more because I enjoy it

2) I was in the position numerous times of finishing my portion but turning in incomplete work because the IT major chucklefucks I was paired with didn't bother with theirs and since the class was core for me but an elective for them, it hurt my prospects more than theirs.

But really, the courses I went through were useful as not a whole lot more than a list of topics and resources to go research on your own. I was never once taught industry standards or proper practices, just theory with 5 year old code as examples. If you seriously want to learn coding, I suggest getting a group of similarly skilled people and making something together and every time you need something done that you don't know how to do yet, you research the shit out of it and ask questions on stack overflow. Its really the best way to learn.

Short of that, find the syllabi for comp sci classes in your area and research the shit out of the list of covered topics found within. Honestly I could give you the general list now if you want.

after (((taxes))) they end up with .60 cents each
Women are stupid.

I know it's not an objective observation but, as a teacher, I really hate talking with kids about their future because you see soooo many stupid answers.

Retard kids will always good with stuff like military, mechanics (cars) or worse, professional soccer players or singers. And there's always a very special retard wanting to be a youtuber.

But even smart kids are bad at it. Most of the smart boys don't focus on a job but rather on schools and degrees, many of them might realise later they don't like the job they will get with it... but the worse are the smart (meaning with the best results) girls.

They like the health sector ? They want to be nurse. Why nurse I ask, why not doctor ? I immediatly get angry remarks about nurse being as essential as doctors and blablabla...

And that's the same in every field, girls always pick the entry level and never aim higher. Those fucking kids are barely 15 years old and they don't even have a shred of ambition.

I would actually love that. A started an online bootcamp prep course recently and have a slack channel with some people from my job on the software development team (I work in a totally different department full time and go to school at night currently) but I'm a little directionless at times

>show your booty on instagram
>buy a ferrari

oh man women have it so hard wow help

It's not your job to inspire ambition in your students. It's your job to educate them. If inspiration comes to them, it should be by way of their parents wanting then to achieve as much as possible. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Women suck at negotating, that's why they don't get pay raises.

well to start, most companies would be staffed only by women to save on cost. who wouldnt want to save 25% if there was no difference except that you have to pay them less. the main two reasons that women EARN less over their entire careers are , they give birth, which is a good thing BTW, and they are in jobs which are often less dangerous than male dominated professions.

It's also my job to make them realise their potential. Orientation is part of a teacher job (at least in France) and you can't choose between careers when you don't know what's possible or you don't even ask yourself the right questions.

Its not very prevalent in mid range and entry level job. but for the higher up stuff they always want a competent.

I do think its real, but only to an extent. Normally you just earn your pay, that women is making less because her male counterpart is doing more work than she is (see: women in IT and coding)

Small business does do it though, my girlfriend manages a whole store and we know the male who had her job before made like $31,000 salary, whereas she makes $14/h and loses pay when sick and on holidays.

If it were a man doing her job he would be making more, but maybe its because she doesnt have the ball to ask for it idk

sorry im fucking drunk

Alright. I might be listing stuff that you already know, but this was basically the summary of my core programming classes:

C programming language:
Printing, basic math, loops, arrays
Structs and functions, file input/output
Difference between pass by reference and pass by value
Pointers and memory management
At this point, you should be able to create a linked list from node structures you've created

Java/C# languages:
Objects and object inheritance/ hierarchy
Casting
Universally used api objects and functions, things like the list, the hash map, and the vector
Protection levels and what they mean for objects, variables, and methods/functions
Slick programming patterns like the singletons
Difference between references to objects and objects themselves
Trees, binary trees, heaps, and ways to traverse them, like depth first search and breadth first search
Threads/coroutines and how to control their modification of a shared data base (lock and key timing)
At this point you should be able to create games in unity, file systems, and more or less any program that isn't heavily internet or OS dependant.

And that's basically it. If you want to learn webdev, it's a combination of html, javascript, php and sql to connect a user to a website to a server to a database. Look into the Ajax api and examples for it all to make sense, at least on a functional level, Along with xamp to get it all working locally. I still am not sure how all those languages communicate, but you don't need to do that to design websites.

>the teacher would ignore my questions
>any time I had a question the teacher would just give me the answer
So where you ignored or not?

I studied computing, almost all males in the class, a few females. Never seen them mistreated, ignored or whatever. So either this is nonsense or you just happened to get a shitty environment.

Ignoring the question and giving me the answer desu

Also it's possible

Bless you user

why is there a wage gap between asians and whites

what about jews and whites

Aw shit I forgot recursion. Throw that under C somewhere towards the bottom

So we getting tits or what :^)

Equal pay =/= Equal earn

>Business is about profits, and if women do the same jobs for less than men, it would be harder for men to get jobs than it is for women.
This is the wage gap destroyer. Employers would favor hiring women if the wage "gap" was real. But it's not, women are just inferior workers and negotiators.

Also
>Be the boss
>Woman demands raise
>I'm a strong independent womxn!
>Deny raise

>Be the boss
>Man demands raise
>I've got a wife and kids at home man
>Give raise

That was a savage BTFO. Really activates your almonds how useless everything besides STEM is.

This. Women are incapable on using reason. They are mental children and should be treated as such.

The ENIAC was staffed mostly by women because they where cheaper.

No two people can be measured as equal.

So theres your illusion.

What can be judged is knowledge, work ethic, commitment and activeness.

To say theres a gap is based on two things... Lower standards and inability to negotiate your value.

The gender pay gap isn't real but funny enough Google have been apparently discriminating against it's female employees big time by paying them shit all, which if true I find fucking hilarious.

It's just a big virtue signalling thing for these companies. It's all about the imagine, they don't give a shit because it saves them a couple of pennies in the end.

>ask an innocent question
>respond like a jackass with no links
this is why this man is a moron.

>ctrl+F
>Ivanka
>0 Results Found
Shame on (You) Sup Forums

Ivanka Trump believes the wage gap is not a myth