>pol will defend this

Why the fuck do you guys think it's alright to give billions to military contractors just to blow up shit in a random desert?

Other urls found in this thread:

fool.com/investing/general/2014/07/26/the-us-military-just-doubled-its-purchases-of-toma.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

But the missiles were already bought and had a limited shelf life.

im sorry T_D is two doors down on the left.

He's spent more than that just transporting his family around for the last 4 months.

>trump quick! We've detected a large number of missiles headed this way!
>send up something to destroy them then launch a counter attack
>I'm sorry sir we can't all our missiles expired

It was essentially disposing of expired goods. We spend billions a year throwing away "expired" food that could be used to feed the poor but that's none of my business

Completely fallacious.
Do you have any idea how many of those missiles we have sitting idly???

>It's another shariablue and other unfunny retards try to counter-meme the lords of shitposting and fail once again episode

It's not wasteful if it blows things up!

It's not a random desert, it's north of Israel. Israel what's Assad gone and the US is Israel's bitch.

military industrial complex shills will make excuses justifying this kind of waste.

Exactly, I don't understand why no one gets this. The money was already spent.

3.2k as of 2015

Anyone who says *sips tea* unironically needs to get there fucking neck snapped

Well hello there, Mr. Rare.

>Implying this wasn't $89,190,000 worth of MAGA in action

Tomahawks are almost obsolete and were paid for years ago, any use is a return on a previously made investment, not a new cost. Fuck off with your brainless normie meme logic.

Who built those weapons again? Was it American blue collar workers? I think so.

More like make Israel greater again amirite

This shit is getting out of hand.

First the fabricated Discord pictures, now this? What's next, a post from Tumblr?

Do people literally just look up the production cost of the latest, most advanced, most pristine Tomahawk missile and multiply it, just to make a point and seem smug about how much we spend? Without giving any consideration to shelf life, maintenance, or inflation?

It's like looking up the cost of the latest Ford Mustang, multiplying it by x and thinking what a tragedy it is that there's a bunch of 70s Mustangs in a junkyard waiting to be crushed.

Cuz it's funny

left vs right narrative is for the masses. dig deeper

>inb4 crusade against *tea sippers*

>implying all mustang II's haven't been crushed

>cold war mines still kill every year
>1.5mil missiles are useless past their best before date

>american military might

Do you know where you are? Sup Forums doesn't support middle east wars you fool. We've turned on trump since his decision to get involved.

You must be looking for the_donald.

Where was Occupy HippyBoomersOfFacebook when Obama dropped thousands of bombs and deployed thousands of drone strikes?
>le willywonka.jpg
>le watermark

Those missiles were already bought and paid for. What do they think, we were going to just put them on ebay and make a million and a half dollars back on each of them?

Nice try shariablue. You shills have been at it for over a year now, you must understand you have no power here by now.

But seriously, we can't let him have the nuclear codes.

Shouldn't you be blaming obama for those tomahawks because they were made during his rule?

Trump is just trying his best to get rid of all of obamas trash he left behind.

It's $20k per, not that inflated number.

>fires missiles
>liberals: wow so much wasted money I know I was kind of quiet during the past 8 years of unprecedented spending and welfare but look how much money trumps wasting

>doesn't fire missiles
>wow trump must condone killing muslims with chemical weapons reminds me of hitler another white person that used chemicals to kill jews thats who trump literally is

American engineering and labor created those missile systems and the ships that fired them. War is good for business when you make bombs.

missiles do have a shelf life, actually. It can be quite dangerous after launch past the "expiration" date of manufacture.

how pissed would Jon Stewart be to see his face didn't make it onto this image?

Those missile were already bought and paid for, and probably old af. What else are you going to do with them? Sell them to your enemies? The fuck are you talking about?

These

i wish obama would've spent that $65,000 on a kids college loan or a vets medical fees but you know.. gotta have your strippers and children to fuck.

no. they are are all serialized & maintained to a certain state of what militaryfags call "readiness"

each one will be replaced

The missiles are already made, you idiot. NOT using them would have been a waste of money. Holy shit, this is the dumbest post I've seen today.

again.
83mil is nothing.

Shouldn't the Vatican be closed by now? It's fucking 04:50. Fake.

Right, but then you have to pay to maintain it and decomposition it. It cost less to use it sooner than later.

what if, now, here me out...

Don Conned Raytheon

fool.com/investing/general/2014/07/26/the-us-military-just-doubled-its-purchases-of-toma.aspx

we are essentially paying twice for missiles we might not ever use once. Even if the "show of force" display didn't do much, we shot off some older tomahawks, bought two administrations ago, and instead of paying nearly the price of a new one just to recertify it, we blew it up for funsies. Now we'll just replace it with a new one later.

>Raytheon began producing the Block IV line of Tomahawks in 2004. These missiles have a projected "shelf life" of 30 years. But at the halfway mark in their lifespan, they must undergo recertification to ensure they'll still work as designed if they do eventually need to be used. For the oldest Block IV Tomahawks, that halfway mark arrives in 2019.

>Preparatory to this recertification effort, the Pentagon plans to suspend Tomahawk purchases in 2016 for a period of three years. (Once production resumes, it will be with new upgrades to the missile that improve Tomahawk's "lethality, guidance and ability to find and destroy moving targets," according to a Raytheon spokesman. To ensure that the Navy has enough missiles to meet its needs during the anticipated production downtime, therefore, Congress is authorizing additional funds to stock up.

>The extra $82 million earmarked for additional Tomahawk purchases in 2015 is just the beginning. Maybe Raytheon won't be selling many new Tomahawks over the period from 2016 to 2019, while busy recertifying the missiles it's already produced and sold. But what Raytheon will be doing is booking hundreds of millions of dollars worth of revenue from upgrading the missiles it's already built.

lol, but not if we shoot them off first.