With all the crap going on around the western world...

With all the crap going on around the western world, my country included (Eastern European here) I kept going back to a thought I had a long time ago. I have a very good Swiss friend, from whom I learned, and later researched, how their political system works and came to the conclusion it's the best one.

>Direct Democracy

People vote on laws, not politicians. We all know that politicians are easily corruptible, as are all humans. You vote for them on the hope that they deliver their campaign promises, which quickly disappear once they get into office, because of (((special interests))). At best we get a watered down version of that long ago promise they made as a soundbite.

The only caveat would be "tyranny of the majority" but in Switzerland it hasn't happened yet:

archive.is/ZCbXh

>Switzerland: Proving the Founding Fathers Wrong Since 1848

My main point is that the people decide, not a handful of politicians. You get to propose a referendum and vote in one for the laws by which you are governed.

1/2

>Council instead of President

For whatever reason, humans have an innate fascination with the cult of personality. I suspect it's a psychological evolutionary system which makes us appreciate our leaders, and the same part of us that has a need for a deity. It opens us, however, to massive exploitation. Election cycles are pageant shows, popularity contests which usually consist of who can make the biggest and most controversial splash. Switzerland has a ruling council that shares power and is continuously rotated.

>The Federal Council is the seven-member executive council which constitutes the federal government of the Swiss Confederation and serves as the collective executive head of government and state of Switzerland.

>While the entire council is responsible for leading the federal administration of Switzerland, each Councillor heads one of the seven federal executive departments. The position of Federal President rotates among the seven Councillors on a yearly basis, with the year's Vice President becoming next year's President.

This ensures there is no cult of personality as there is no one central figure to adulate or "worship". It also reduces corruption as power is much less centralized. Leads to more efficiency since each Councillor heads a branch of the federal executive departments, ensuring no one person has the reigns of them all.

>Cantons with own governments, own referendums

Decentralized power is the solution to the absurd pooling of too much political capital into one place. Each canton has its own constitution, legislature, government and courts.The Swiss Federal Constitution declares the cantons to be sovereign to the extent that their sovereignty is not limited by federal law. The cantons also retain all powers and competencies not delegated to the Confederation by the Constitution.

. Most significantly, the cantons are responsible for healthcare, welfare, law enforcement and public education; they also retain the power of taxation. Each canton can hold their own referendums on their own specific issues.

As I said at the beginning, these three key features of the Swiss political system make for the purest form of democracy, the lowest level of corruption, the highest level of individual liberty and responsibility for the citizen who truly rules his country instead of handing the reigns to a politician.

>putting this much power on a horde of mongs

The average IQ of whites is 100, more than enough to sustain a democracy - as you already see since the western world is already democratic. I do agree with you that a certain level of IQ is needed, and further proof is in all the black-majority countries, where chaos reigns.
The "horde of retards" meme has to fade away at some point, when you realize that those "hordes of mongs" aren't as stupid as you think.

>implying that they're any mongs who are going to vote pro war and then die for Israel.

You can't go wrong with direct democracy.

Oi gyppo.
Fuck off, we are full

>literally the world's only democracy

Yes, if you're Swiss. The Nords or Germanics could hack it, but would probably be more comfortable in NS, desu. We Anglos are too individualistic and uppity, and the swarthies and slavs are too stupid and evil.

Anglos + hardship can hack libertarianism, but it's not pretty, and will To Powerfags and Social justicefags hate it like nothing else.

Get the FUCK OUT YOU KIKE SHILL NEWFAG

kek.
>We Anglos are too individualistic and uppity, and the swarthies and slavs are too stupid and evil.
This is how I know you're either uninformed or just trolling. Considering the Brexit and Trump (no matter what you think of him now) the anglos have shown (again) that they can band together and aren't too "uppity" whatever the hell that means.
Say nigger.

>Anglos
litter-ally the camcer of our planet. end yourself.

For direct democracy? That wasn't "banding together", that's taking a controlled vote and achieving a slim majority. We had a pretty democratic Republic, in the beginning, but it quickly turned into, well you know, because we get politically rope-a-dope'd easily. Only those middle Europeans are intelligent enough to have direct democracy.

>says the Bulgar
You guys are only off the hook for being drowned out in a sea of Muslims and blacks. You're practically Mexican.

i was just kidding m8. it's them joos as usual even in our case.

Good work, user!

How do they ensure specific interests won't vote rent-seeking laws into effect? Example: Homeowners pass a law preventing any new development, hoping to see their house prices increase.

In terms of keeping themselves safe from foreign entanglements, I don't think there's a better country.

Nice trips. I think you underestimate your people and judge them way to harshly.
>that's taking a controlled vote and achieving a slim majority.
As it is with most referendums that happen in Switzerland. Look up a list of their historical votes. One of them was not getting in the EU in the first place.
I respect Anglos, and Europeans, not just because of our culture, but as I pointed out above, the average IQ is more than high enough that the average citizen can inform themselves and get involved.
>Homeowners pass a law preventing any new development, hoping to see their house prices increase.
As far as I know (I'm not Swiss) to start a referendum you need 100.000 signatures and then either the canton (state) or the country votes on it. It's pretty hard to have specific, special interest type of votes at the cost of the rest of the population. Any Swiss people can correct me on this.

Switzerland is finished in another generation (barely 3 mil real native sons of st. Jakob left of 8 plus mil).
Corrupted and empty politicians run bern who completely disregard the will of the people.

Dont be fooled by propaganda this country is fractured to its core.

T. Native zurichan and sergeant in the army so no shilling here

The Swiss are the worlds biggest (((asset protection))) racket. The democracy stuff is just window dressing.

great book on Direct Democracy from Australia called "Getting Our Houses In Order". It uses historical data of Australian elections to show how the best form of government would be created by a Direct Democracy. It explains everything what that is...
Its about safeguarding from retards. When you force people to vote, you force retards to vote too.

Could you elaborate Swiss user? Is this a defect of the system? What would it take to recover? Would the world be better if more countries had the Swiss system?

You mean biggest protector of private wealth from government misappropriation. In other words, biggest defender of individual liberty in the world.

I'm looking at your standards of living. Your political systems. Your individual freedoms
You on the other hand are trying to blackpill on the authority of "I'm swiss, my country's finished".
I would truly want to see some proof that Switzerland is doomed. Some articles or something?
I never said the system is perfect, but I think it's the closest to real democracy as we'll ever get, and the only antidote to the (((ruling classes))) deciding in their own favor and disregarding the will of the people.
>When you force people to vote, you force retards to vote too.
The vote isn't mandatory.
Thanks for the book recommendation, user, I'll check it out.

Direct democracy is shit as people change their minds day by day and vote for whats in their intrests in the present day. They have no plan for the future. You have to have a leader with a vision to implement laws that are perhaps unpopular but will benefit the nation in the long run.

I'd like to see
>selective democracy

Where you have to be a tax payer, have kids or above 40. This way people voting have a perspective on future when voting.

Also nobdoy above 75 is allowed to vote.

I love it when you equate overt criminal money laundering with virtue.

Drove through Switzerland this weekend.

Tons of fancy cars driving around and nice scenery, but there's something about the average houses there that depresses me.

Also I got tagged by a speed camera for doing 110 in a 100 zone, they set it up in a little downhill stretch of road to increase the chance of catching people.

Fuck Switzerland.

Also it doesn't say how fast you can go half the time, and the speed limit changes constantly.
Fucking stressful as fuck.

>Direct democracy is shit as people change their minds day by day and vote for whats in their intrests in the present day.
You've just described every politician ever. You underestimate the people, which at a face-to-face level are pretty concerned with the future and with long-term goals.
>selective democracy
I wouldn't be opposed to some standards that have to be met in order to get a voting license let's say.
But then you go the "age-limit, kid limit" route. I see what you're saying, but any imbecile can reach the age of 40 and have kids.
If the houses there depress you, try taking a spin through any Eastern European country for our fabulous commie blocks.
Also kek at you getting a ticket. If that's your major problem with the Swiss, we should all be so lucky as to have that problem.

Standards are high but that will come to pass since all statistics are being tampered with to always look good. Example : we got like max 3% unemployment some years ago but people recently out of job and older ranks not being count. A lot of good qualified 50ers cant find work.
Retirement age soon will hit 70 plus are retirement fund system wont take the overagging despite immigration.
Are you really that dense to think anybody will list facts of live in some stupid "article" ? They only write dishonest half truths and the best thing : people simply do not care because they are fine with their relative wealth.

Plus 25% foreigners with another 30% second generation which are nothing like swiss
Go to basel, zurich or worse geneva its umbearable as a eidgenosse there

The Nordics can't do shit you idiot! And aren't half as good as they're made out to be.
The Germans are mad and their diplomats have no spine.
The Swiss are greed/OCD-central and busy counting up their immigrants.
The English are sleazy, monarchistic, clowns and the Slavs are drunk

>You Amerifag have never been nor lived over here

Yeah it's nice here. but mass immigration is already taking its toll and it definitely won't get any better from here on. hell, the accepted "initiative against mass immigration" has been filibustered for years and the actual law that is being implemented now is an absolute joke that does nothing to help reduce immigration. EU said no so we have to bend over and take it.

it's been nice, but the future is Albanian and Eritrean, definitely not Swiss.

I'm trying to take you seriously but:
>Are you really that dense to think anybody will list facts of live in some stupid "article"
Makes it hard to. "I have no sources, except myself. Accept it."
Unless you can back up your claims, stop rattling your swiss knife at me, eat a chocolate, check the time and calm down.
The perennial "I know everything about every nation and can sum it up in one sentence" idiot has arrived.

Swiss system is great but Icelandic system is better, IMO.

What kind of criteria would you give to a selective democracy?

It's a mix of what Hans-Ueli and Alexandru here profess. It's still pretty good and more free than rest of europe, but the usual suspects (feminism, multiculturalism, leftism, EU-influence, cultural marxism) are gaining traction and destroyig our roots and eroding our strength.

I don't know wtf you're talking about but I like the way Swiss have guns and are a standing army.

these are stupid Sup Forumsmemes that don't mean what you think they do.

Not really - we have one of the best weapon laws in europe apart from czech, and our army is pretty neat. Stop being a fucking defeatist, Scheisszürcher.

whatever helps you sleep at night, my man

It's a very tricky question but you did mention "tax payer". I think that's a very good start. Since you're paying into the system you have a say in it.
Beyond that, who knows. Intelligence is vital, but has been proven to have no correlation with personal ethics or morals. Neither does education. (That's why you can have highly intelligence monsters, or very educated "idiots").
I agree with the principle of selective democracy, but the measurements by which one would be granted the right to vote are a complicated discussion. The tax paying is a great start though and I agree with that.
>are gaining traction and destroying our roots and eroding our strength.
The pendulum is swinging away from the SJWs. The fact that they are just beginning to affect you says a lot in the way you've managed to avoid the shitshow that's been going on in the west. You can also do something about it - as in vote, while the rest of us have to accept what your leaders say.
You sound bitter for some reason.

The answer is in your phrase.

The night helps you to sleep.

You just want to dissuade people from moving to Switzerland.

Because you are outside the federalising EU and are a piggy bank for the jews you get these freedoms others do not.

he doesn't need to dissuade you, he can just block you at the border

Check date vom bundesamt für Statistik du Mongo. Neger, Sandneger und anders untermänschepack labed zu 90% i de degenerierte stedt wie züri, basel und genf. Sälber gschuld wänn i Züri Stadt wohnsch und endlos die wiederlich degenriert lesbefotze zur presidäntin wählsch huere idiot. Mach die gschider nützlich, solang nur umejammerisch bisch sicher kein eidgenoss.

Nah man, from basel, it is a shitshow, but it isn't over. Switzerland will stay Switzerland, im certain of it.

god damn it stop posting this shit here, we don't want more economical refugees

I'm sure you learned that the hard way, barbosa

Can someone tell me why it is that sometimes in America there seems to be Direct Democracy?

I seem to remember some states being able to vote on if they want legalized weed or legalized gay marriage.

I'm not proposing people move to Switzerland. I'm proposing they adopt your system.

Too bad i don't know how to speak swiss German.
I can speak German, though.

Clearly this seems to be an issue of not enough direct democracy with the cucked government not implementing stricter laws on immigration.

You're not going to get economical refugees from Sup Forums users. Patriots don't abandon their fatherland.