CATHOLIC GENERAL: BEGINNING OF HOLY WEEK EDITION

CATHOLIC GENERAL
>IT'S HOLY WEEK SO LET'S SEE HOW CATHOLIC GENERALS DO ON NON-SUNDAYS

Everyone is welcome.
Discuss news, ask question, give answers, be kind to one another, and above all assist one another in living the virtuous life. Did your priest cover the crucifix & statues in violet, anons?

Today is Monday of HolyWeek
Here are your daily readings
usccb.org/bible/readings/041017.cfm

Community links, such as recommended media, are now below in pastebin links. Remember to recommend things to add to the lists!
>Catholic Encyclopedia
newadvent.org/
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.K)
lms.org.uk/mass-listings
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.S/Can)
ecclesiadei.org/masses.cfm
>Laudate App
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aycka.apps.MassReadings&hl=en
>Recommended Movies
pastebin.com/xAL9w4fk
>Recommended Books
pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
>Recommended Music
pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs
>Beauty of Creation
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
>Tales of Love and Virtue
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA

Other urls found in this thread:

webm.land/media/tmp/ace35f79-f6c3-452d-be51-74c78d5ddb66.webm
alternativenews.org/index.php/comment/235-between-the-lines-oil-and-the-occupied-syrian-golan-heights
veteranstoday.com/2016/08/18/greater-israel-and-the-tale-of-two-temples/
youtube.com/watch?v=S5D4c7bxavo
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF170B126002E7CB0
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6BB648B46654467F
youtube.com/watch?v=aVrgsbw_Nmk
youtube.com/watch?v=ZBJmBfsNlVo
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL13eE2x3qhPkxhc2bwvVtGCVhmHAujklP
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA5C7629D1527F981
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL95B1BB23B7A3C795
kingjamesbibleonline.org/Matthew-Chapter-22/
arte.tv/guide/de/062272-000-A/la-passione
cgg.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Library.sr/CT/PERSONAL/k/1389/First-Commandment.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=g5NK4fHLkC0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How many little boys you fuck a day?

Please stop shitposting & get back to preserving seeds

Stop being Catholic

That lighting bolt never should have missed.

>Then Judas the Iscariot, one of his disciples,
and the one who would betray him, said,
"Why was this oil not sold for three hundred days' wages
and given to the poor?"
He said this not because he cared about the poor
but because he was a thief and held the money bag
and used to steal the contributions.
So Jesus said, "Leave her alone.
Let her keep this for the day of my burial.
You always have the poor with you, but you do not always have me."

Apposite Gospel today for Prots & others who say liturgy should be simple & austere. Christ explicitly stating worship of him should be grand

If you want the worship of Christ to be grand, then you want it to be in a church with plain stone walls, and to be simple preaching. Now that is grand

That time of the year when you scare the crap out of the niggers/mudslims with your good old traditions

>crisis acting
webm.land/media/tmp/ace35f79-f6c3-452d-be51-74c78d5ddb66.webm

>oil in the Golan Heights
alternativenews.org/index.php/comment/235-between-the-lines-oil-and-the-occupied-syrian-golan-heights

>King Solomon's "greater Israel"
veteranstoday.com/2016/08/18/greater-israel-and-the-tale-of-two-temples/

>holy imprimatur

DEUTERONOMY 1:6~7
>'The LORD our God spoke unto us in Horeb, saying: 'Ye have dwelt long enough in this mountain; turn you, and take your journey, and go to the hill-country of the Amorites and unto all the places nigh thereunto, in the Arabah, in the hill-country, and in the Lowland, and in the South, and by the sea-shore; the land of the Canaanites, and Lebanon, as far as the great river, the river Euphrates'

GENESIS 15:18~21
>'In that day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying: 'Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates; the Kenite, and the Kenizzite, and the Kadmonite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, and the Rephaim, and the Amorite, and the Canaanite, and the Girgashite, and the Jebusite.''

NUMBERS 34:1~2
>'And the LORD spoke unto Moses, saying: 'Command the children of Israel, and say unto them: When ye come into the land of Canaan, this shall be the land that shall fall unto you for an inheritance, even the land of Canaan according to the borders thereof.''

EZEKIEL 47:13~21
>Thus saith the Lord GOD: 'This shall be the border, whereby ye shall divide the land for inheritance according to the twelve tribes of Israel (...)

This is your last chance. After this, there will be no turning back. You either take the blue pill, go back to sleep and wake up to believe... that Yaweh is your God. Or, you take the red pill... and it will show you just how deep the rabbi's hell goes.

DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE JEW TRICK IS?

Have 2-day holiday this Holy Thursday and Good Friday. Feels good man

Any interesting display in your region/country in this days?

youtube.com/watch?v=S5D4c7bxavo

>being a lutheran
cuck

Because Christ is more then a religion, he is a living person. Good deeds and preaching are always worthwhile and accepted, but, like any other member of your own family, sometimes offering something gift merely out of love is good too. Objects or beauty of value testify to the fact that you believe He is human, and that the same senses that experienced such pain on your behalf, should in his life deserved instead have been succored with beauty and refinement.

>History of the Reformation
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF170B126002E7CB0

>Papal Echelon is Antichrist
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6BB648B46654467F
#14 youtube.com/watch?v=aVrgsbw_Nmk
#15 youtube.com/watch?v=ZBJmBfsNlVo

God's Sabbath is eternal & unchanging, Saturday is the Sabbath day
Catholic festivals are creations of man.

Catholicism is "Christianized" Babylonian Paganism
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL13eE2x3qhPkxhc2bwvVtGCVhmHAujklP

The works of mens hands can only denigrate God, since He already is perfect.

Odd, usually SDAs are anti-Reformation

Genuine question to all the catholic anons out there
Who is this wolfshiem guy and why does he always sound like a whiny faggot ?

Hardly, God wants men to work. Even in paradise man had a job, in his stewardship of creation. Human work is an imitation of Divine work, the creation.

How do Marxists and Liberals view this?

In Poland there's one guy who dresses as a butterfly and ridicules such processions but this is during Corpus Christi, not Easter

Is this a clan meeting? LARPing faggots.

h user. u don't know allah is the only true god

Not my pope until he speaks against Islam and the Muslim refugees in Europe

Nobody can compare with Spain during Holy Week.
Genuinely surprised this hasn't came under more pressure from certain groups to be changed.
Despite a weakening of Catholicism in Spain, there'd still be mass outrage if anyone suggested toning it down, si?

That's entirely false, if you read the essays of Ellen White and her contemporaries the Reformation & Bible study is central to their worldview.

Audiobook
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA5C7629D1527F981

SDA is sola scriptura and observe the Sabbath, was originally formed by a disparate group of Protestants (Lutherans, Baptists, etc etc) who were driven out of their respective churches.

Walter Veith is very learned and gives good lectures, main reason for linking him.

Regarding SDA, the modern SDA church is undergoing a civil war at the moment and being infiltrated by Jesuit saboteurs (documented). Church leaders are being fired for being anti-gay and weak ass lame-o's are being installed. Sad.

flag checks out

Why would they need to tone it down? It isn't a symbol of racism. Every white robe doesn't mean Klan

How bout i preserve my seed in you moms womb

Is it true that Ellen White denied the personality and deity of the Spirit?

>The successor to Peter is only the succesor to Peter if he agrees with my politics

I agree with you in that I iwhs he'd be more vocal, but you've got to consider anything he might say will have conequences for Catholics worldwide. When Pope Benedict XVI cited a Byzantine leader who said Mohammed brought nothing to the world, nuns were killed & churches were burned

someone cares to explain what the dresses stand for?
Sorry for not knowing enough about you catholics.

Gotta say this looks hella cool and i just love the thought of niggers and mudsshits getting scared lol

yeah that's one thing catholics are good foor, glueing together long holidays. thursday to tuesday i'm a free man

So you are saying cowardice is the way to go?

He doesn't have to agree with my politics, but this whole 'Islam isn't the problem' and 'open your borders' is total abdication of his responsibility as Steward of the church (and western culture - which is Catholicism)

I don't think they do, but when has not being racist ever stopped some people screaming 'stooooooop, it's racist'?

If it would weaken religious observance & European culture, there'd be some groups who'd like to see it stopped

I can't answer because I'm not an SDA historian, nor have I read all of Ellen's Bible commentaries & essays, but I've found they produce the most based lecturers and my studies have lined up with a lot of theirs. My main reason for linking Veith was that his analysis of Catholicism and Daniel/Revelation is vertias.

This series encapsulates SDA worldview, I'm only 5 videos through. I'll make a detailed thread on this sometime next week for sake of explanation. ctrl-f "SDA general" for fun next week and we'll scrap it out and look into it.
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL95B1BB23B7A3C795

>ELLEN
You do realize that she made tons of blatent false prophesies right?
SDA also has Galatian/Judaizer tier legalism

The false claims regarding Ellen were most thoroughly compiled in "The White Lie" which was then debunked quite thoroughly by a committee of researchers... so I'm still looking into this.

As I said I'm not some hardcore SDA adherent, but Walter Veith is totally based and much of my Bible study overlaps with his conclusions.

>youtube.com/playlist?list=PL95B1BB23B7A3C795
Is pretty straightforward and no-nonsense, check it out if you're bored or want intellectual engagement for future debates.
Look at my other post links for content.

obscure kek

Sorry but you cannot question the legitimacy of the Pope based on your personal racially charged views and call yourself catholic. That's not how any of this works.

>"I know what is best for the Church and the World"
The core of Democracy is the idiotic notion that a fruit-seller in a village knows what is best for the army in the field.

Robes were widely used in the medieval period for penitents, who could demonstrate their penance while still masking their identity. They're now merely continuing this tradition.

No that's not true she did falsely prophesy she's famous for it
Every protestant and his pastor these days is a failed prophet

Also I knew a guy who went to SDA church and they do teach Judaizing/Galatianism, which Paul spoke out against heavily.
They have an obsession with following the Laws of Moses, but only parts of it and not all of it as it suits them, which James said "cursed is every man who doesn't obey all of the law."

Yeah.

In the South the liberals would never ever say nothing against the Holy Week, this is a sacred thing in Southern Spain.

much cool
much wow

not even kidding i like it

>I knew a guy who went to an SDA church
SDA as an institution is largely under attack and crumbling, one SDA church is different than another SDA church. There's a civil war unfolding in SDA at the moment.

Regarding "legalism"
God's Law is the 10 Commandments are eternal, you can call adherence to the 10 Commandments legalist, but to transgress the law is to sin.

>greatest commandment verse that people toss out
kingjamesbibleonline.org/Matthew-Chapter-22/

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

first 4 commandments detail how humans should relate to God (love God with all thy hear, soul, & mind) and the last 6 detail how humans should relate to one another (love thy neighbor) -- effectively saying, on these two, hang the 10

The Law (Ten Commandments) is still in effect.

Why should I be Catholic instead of Protestant?

Very good points. The easiest way to refute the claims that Jesus was a pacifist is simply to read the Bible.

For example:
>Then said he unto them: But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise a scrip; and he that hath not, let him sell his coat, and buy a sword. Luke 22:36

arte.tv/guide/de/062272-000-A/la-passione

Enjoy some Bach, my dear brothers in Christ.

Deuteronomy 27:26
Cursed be he that confirmeth not all the words of this law to do them. And all the people shall say, Amen.

Galatians 3:10
For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them

James 2:9-10
But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

No.

>non-SDA site with is often lumped together with SDA by the mockers

Use this link as a portal for the commandment series
cgg.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Library.sr/CT/PERSONAL/k/1389/First-Commandment.htm

>No that's not true she did falsely prophesy she's famous for it
Says who, Jesuit essayists? random butthurt people? ex-SDA atheists who write books??

thanks for supporting my argument

Do you accept people back into the church who went adrift to nihilism and sam harris and wish to return due to this man?

Why would you want to be part of a church that has been founded by man as a way of literally protesting?

If you're going to do Christianity, you may as well join the actual Church founded by Christ

The Catholic Church is like a country in a certain sense.

If you have one bad president, you won't renounce your citizenship and move to Canada.

Likewise, if you have one bad pope, you won't renounce your faith and convert.

The Catholic Church is more than its leadership.

Why did Protestantism feel the need to change its understanding of the Eucharist? Why did it diminish its' status with each consecutive branch of protestant christianity? What evidence did it have that this particular sacrament needed to be reevaluated despite over a thousand years of understood tradition? All other disputes aside, the pontiff, the statues, the priesthood, why change this? Because it was too superstitious? They found it too hard to believe in?

Off to the coal mines, gotta leave and attend to irl shit now guys.

Remember Catholicism is heretical and the Papacy is the seat of Antichrist power.

Stop being a tool of Satan

>If you're going to do Christianity, you may as well join the actual Church founded by Christ
Which one? The Catholics, Orthodox, or Coptics?

Of course. Just watch this free vid:

youtube.com/watch?v=g5NK4fHLkC0

>The Catholics, Orthodox, or Coptics?
That's the same Church. Just with some schisms in between.

Actually everybody says this: Catholics, Orthodox, Methodists, Baptists, Anglicans ect ect

Everybody
Where the hell have you been the last 50 years?
It's all everyone will talk about when you say "SDA"

Actually the curse in Deuteronomy converns not just the 10 commandments, but ALL of Torah, down to the mixed fibers and planting your seeds correctly and not boiling a goat in it's own milk.

You protestants fail to understand that the 10 commandments is part of a law code, it's not separate from the rest of the Torah, its part of Torah and you can see yourself by looking up where it's written. In the Torah and this is always what the Church has taught

You people teach that if you fail to observe Shabbat on Saturday and ONLY saturday, you go to hell but if you fail to plant your crops in an orderly fashion as cited in Deut. 22:9
Then it's fine

But that's not what Moshe said.

Hello

You forgot 1054 AD for the patriarch of Constantinople

He didn't give schismatics as an option

Stop being a degenerate heretic

The Patriarch of Constantinople made it an option in 1054 Anno Domini

Contemporary Orthodox Christians are imperfect members of the Catholic Church according to Canon Law.

They are followers of a schismatic group not by choice but through birth and thus do not qualify as schismatics.

Raping woman is an ACTVM SANCTVM

>pic

Holy fuck

I thought we had it good down here in our fair islands.

>They are followers of a schismatic group not by choice but through birth
What is that supposed to mean?

DEUS VULT

I gave up music for lent

This.

Okay I can go with that
But this needs to be noted
They certainly don't act like it

Why do Catholics think they can earn grace?

Fuuuccckk

Holy shit dude thats insane

How do you manage to avoid it?

My fiancee is getting baptized at Easter Vigil on Saturday.

At Palm Sunday mass we saw a Filipina nanny with her Indian charge in church. That there is Catholic Terrorism: saving people's souls by sneaking them into church with or without parental knowledge; bringing people into a church that teaches one to lead a better life and preach through example.

The priest also mentioned that they are the Ecclesia Militant, wielding the weapons of love and faith. It was pretty great, very 40k.

gave up swearing for lent, it's hard.

Raised a Catholic, but I can no longer in good faith be a full part of the institution.
I have respect for, and understand the various traditions and reasons to why the Church is as it is, and I do think it can be a force for good (this current pope needs to be keked however) but from a pure theological standpoint I can't accept many core teachings. Don't get confused I'm not a Protestant either, I don't think I could be lumped into a specific category (tips fedora), my theology is probably close to Christian existentialism.

W-w-would you burn me at the stake? Pls no ;_;

To think that it is an earned property is to fundamentally misunderstand it.

Grace is not Nirvana; it is not a permanent state of being. It is merely granted in some circumstances by God to people. It is a state of holiness or godliness, sometimes earned, that is temporary. It is not a measure of worth but worthiness. All it means is that you are acting or feeling in a way that is godly, thus making you saintly or worthy of Heaven.

>my theology
I'm sorry, user.

Protestants often make it a 'faith or works' question, when really it ought to be a 'both-and' question. As it says in James 2:14
>Do you see that by works a man is justified; and not by faith only?

Again:
>And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life everlasting: that both he that soweth, and he that reapeth, may rejoice together. John 4:36
Clearly, Christ is here saying he who works, receives 'wages', & when one works for God, that wage is everlasting life.

If you admit your wrong on all counts, we'll hand you first, as a mercy. Otherwise enjoy the flames user.

It's ok, if I revealed my power level I'm pretty sure even the Quakers would want me hanged and burned.

Going to church with a mate on Friday and Sunday, parents are atheists though. What do

I don't go out anywhere other than university and work. I don't use headphones or listen to the radio anymore

Why do you interpret that passage in that way?

Also does Christ not say that "where a few are gathered in my name..."? (can't quote the exact passage srry)

Just do what everybody is doing. But don't eat the eucharist.

The core aspects of Catholicism are the Mysteries. That is, happenings that are fundamental to the church that are perplexing in man's comprehension of them because of their miraculous nature.

Scholars and priests spend their while lives contemplating the meaning of these mysteries. They are by no means plain to see or understand. Thomas Aquinas spent his whole life contemplating the meaning of the Eucharist because it was so unbelievable.

To believe in the Church is to follow the teachings of Christ and live a good life for God. Your belief is a secondary property as it is part of the faith to question the meaning of the mysteries of faith. Being GOOD is the primary goal. Without the church you are exposed to whatever sliding scale of morality society chooses to follow this week. Society cannot define 'good' except by consensus, and Catholicism is the overarching dictum of good as laid out by God through the millenia. It is the culmination in a sense of every religion across all time, since God is the Victor over all things.

Look at the Europe your parents' generation created, many of whom have embraced atheism, & do the opposite: i.e continue going to mass

Seriously though, I think a lot of people are now taking up Catholicism because this generation is the first to truly taste the fruit of liberalism, & they've found it to be bitter.

If it's you're first time going to mass, & you have specific concerns or worriest , please share & we'll do our best to answer.

If you get the laudate app in the OP, it tells you the order of the mass (when you kneel, stand, what responses to give etc) & the readings for that day etc

How much do you give for the collection?
I do 2 Polish Zloty on normal sunday, 10 Polish zloty on holidays.
The parish priest could affrod a maybach for this after so many years.

I was raised Catholic but I'm pretty ignorant of the religion. What should I read to understand Catholicism better.

I'm always going with my mum, so I usually don't take my wallet with me. But it's not like I do not want to give.

When I have money with me, it's usually 2 euros, sometimes 5.