Depression

Why are there so many depressed millennials, particularly the libeal ones. It seems like every other liberal my age has said, at some point, they were "so depressed," or that they "thought about killing themselves." Why is this? Is it lack of God? Lack of Good morals?

mostly because many conservacucks think that being depressed is a sign of doubt in God
>source: used to be a depressed conservacuck who was told prayer > chemical imbalances in the brain

Depression is another identity politics meme

>it's societal not personal

They use drugs to chemically lobotomize individuals into dumb consumers

I dont think they really depressed, its just a weird trendy thing i see in my generation. I see girls who go out every weekend make posts about how they have very bad social anxiety , on fucking social media, which baffles me
>has social anxiety
>makes constant posts about it

lack of purpose (bad teaching and parenting)
lack of direction (because of a lack of purpose)
lack of opportunities (too many niggers, nepotism, women joining workforce)
their own lazyness (and possibly incompetence)
they truly do no wish to help themselves for some underlying reason or another

even if the world is ending, you cannot relinquish yourself, lie down and wait for it
I believe that "depression" is a meme
pick up you suffering and bear it, nigger

So, is it just ALL millennials that are depressed then? Because I don't think the rate of suicide, or people saying "XD XD, I'm so depressed" has ever been this high.

>They use drugs to chemically lobotomize individuals into dumb consumers

This. Beware and avoid antidepressants and antipsychotics. It's literal Orwellian mind control.

>ALL millennials that are depressed then?
No, I'm saying that liberals have one less reason to hide their depression. So fewer of them will bury their depression.

I think depression has become less stigmatised so possibly the rate has stayed the same but people are more open now?

When today is invested in tomorrow, only that breaks the monotonous cycle of days.

we're evolved angry minkeys that are to

1 be born
2 go around killing other monkeys / impressing the ladies
3 procreate
4 die

now, the 2 middle things aren't even possible to do in our society anymore
so you're only left with entertaining yourself with some bullshit

You're right it's become less stigmatised but I think that has just encouraged more people to blame their problems on "depression" rather than working to fix them like they would have done in the past.

Why is this a bad thing?
The more leftists that kill themselves because they're too weak to face reality, the better it is for the world.

A lot of the old fucks here have no idea what they are talking about
IsItTheKidsWhoAreOutOfTouch.jpeg
But i think people blame there problems too much on depression but its not a crisis

A lot of them are starving to death and generally upset.

More people are becoming depressed, because it takes less and less intelligence to realize just how fucked we are. In the before-time, only the greatest minds could grasp this concept. Now, we are faced with the reality that our children will have a worse standard of living than we did, and their children will have it worse still.

Women get depressed when they realize they lack a high status man and are childless.

Men get depressed when they realize they aren't providing for a happy family or worry that they are not able.

Everyone wants that 1950s idealized life, they are lying to themselves.

Tends to happen when reality doesn't line up with their ideals. Depression is a body mechanism that tells the mind that they should do something.

Its a price to pay for living in delusion.

Because civilization and technology has gone too far. The modern way of living is not natural for humans. A lot of people don't a sense of belonging anymore. Everyone's interchangeable, even lovers (tinder etc.).

When I was a kid, everyone knew everyone else in my town. Not so anymore.

The loss of cultural identity doesn't help either. I think that affects people even if they are liberal multiculturalists. They have nothing they want to preserve and little reason to have children, so they lack a sense of purpose.

everyone was depressed at some stage in high school. your brain is developing and your hormones are fucked, and you want to fit in and have sex, but everyone looks weird and is awkward. once you have sex and get accepted by the group it goes away. its normal.

Im both Right wing (not far right, but right enough) and clinically depressed due to how the last 20 or so years has gone. (Poorly. Theyve gone poorly) Ive also been through some genuinely shitty things and it doesnt help. I also dont take medication because fuck you, why should you benefit from my problems, big pharma?

It really does take alot of effort to do anything in a day, but i still hold down a 50 hr a week fulltime and 30ish hour part time. I make it to work and do what i have to do.

Im not totally sure why this generation sucks so bad, but its also a generation where everyone is undiagnosed. "OMG IM SO SAD I MUST BE DEPRESSED. I ALSO HAVE OCD AND IM A FREE SPIRIT."

Eat shit and die, millennials.

Cultural Marxism leaves them with no sense of belonging.
The pervasiveness of technology makes them feel alone even when they're together
Fucked-up gender relations have both genders distrusting each other, women sloot around too much while genuinely good, hard-working men go without support.
Older generations are brainwashed by the MSM and feel they can abandon their children as soon as they turn 18. Parents hate their children anymore because they're convinced everything is alright.
The economy is shit, we're probably looking at an economic collapse within the next year or two
Goyi- i mean workers get treated like shit since there's no demand for them, and the pay just keeps going down for the most part.
Student loans are a jewish plot to make sure they can't invest and retire early.
Automation is probably going to eliminate most blue collar jobs and the FIRE industry.
They're probably going to be sent to fight some faggy holy wars for Israel.
They're still gonna get ass-raped by climate change within 20 years

>few career prospects
>all options carry mountains of debt or are extremely risky
>older generations still in positions of power politically and economically
>rent is high in good places to live and not s cheap as you'd think in rural areas
>politically inflammatory rhetoric bombards centrist and right wing millennials everywhere mainstream
>our music scenes suck outside large cities

And old people still wonder why can't you just get a "little loan" and go to college or just work construction and afford a 1000+ sqft house mortgage.

Older folks, 'boomers', or whatever don't like it but in reality the younger generation is dealing with the shit from the failures of their generation. So instead of taking blame they reverse it on "those damn kids"

>typing
there is a differnce between 30 WPM and 120 WPM typing user

Because we're running away from the dragon instead of facing it.

lol wrong thread and wrong guy

Depression is a myth

And millenials are just bunch of retarded faggots

This. The only reason I'm unhappy is because I'm worried that I won't get that white picket fence life.

If you want to compare the 50's - 80's to now there are huge differences.

Be a guy in 50's.
>No education. Dont matter.
>Get hired at local mill for a damn good hourly wage. All the overtime I want. Pension plan.
>Everything is cheap. Interest rates, gas, groceries.
>Wife can stay home and keep the place looking sharp. Cook us dinner and tend to the kids...we still got money left over.
>Infact meeting my wife was quite simple. She likes me. She thinks im a good guy that works hard.
>two cars.
>two vacations

Be a guy that grew up in 90's - present day.
>Try getting good jobs. Need college. Cant even get an apprenticeship. Need two years of school and some certifications.
>Go to school. In debt.
>Still cant get a job...or it takes years.
>Working as a forklift driver for 15$/hour.
>Boss is a woman. Supervisor is a chink
>Had many girlfriends but they all left. They need that upgrade. Being a hardworking regular guy isnt enough. I have to be interesting, intelligent, have a BBC, like to club, like to be lovey dovey but tough, allow her to have many girls nights, be okay with her not being a woman and doing womanly things at home like cleaning and cooking...i must do the bitch work now too, on top of my low paying job.
>my teeth are in extreme pain. Myst remove some. In debt.
>car broke down again. Too complicsted to work on. Take to dealership as to not void contract. In debt.
>there making some changes at work so i was laid off. They brought in 30 new temporary foreign workers to work at minimum wage.
>go fill up gas tank. 100$. Ill be back in 4-5 days.
>go to grocery store. 100$. Ill be back in 4 or 5 days.
>thank god for the internet. Its only good 100$/mth. Hope i dont go over data limit.
>decide to downsize. Sell house. Move into apt.
>rent is 1400$/month. Need first and last.
>neighbours are somalians.
>other neighbours are niggers.

Do you really need to ask why? Baby boomers ruined it all.

It's sort of like any boy that goes to a doctor will be diagnosed with ADD or ADHD. They framework for what qualifies for depression has become so broad that basically if your boyfriend/girlfriend broke up with you in highschool and you're a little sad you are diagnosed with depression.
The medical system has no regard for properly diagnosing and helping people anymore, they just want to sell you as many drugs as possible, because they know damn well that once you start taking anti-depressants it is hard as hell to get off of them.
You become intellectually lobotomized, which helps the government, and morally lobotomized, which means you will keep buying the drugs month after month.

There are few things in this world I hate more than the medical system here in America, and I assume in other parts of the world. I was diagnosed with depression and I'm lucky as hell I was deathly afraid of having uncontrollable side effects from drugs, otherwise I would still be on anti-depressants today

Nihilism
That's all

Depression is not a meme.

Try thinking clearly and logically when you are under physical pain.

This is pretty much true.
Instead of fixing problems, most turn to chemical fixes that end up either making them apathetic or destroying vital organs like the liver.
Young people are dying from 'problem drinking' diseases now, not just depressed childless women. Everything described in that post is why it is happening.

I think things have been made stupidly hard and the bullshit has increased. Back in the 50s you could get a decent job with wages pension etc right after school. Even if you didn't go to school you could get a good job. Now you need a bloody degree to even get that. Which entails alot of bullshit. I fear that if society starts making degrees for this and degrees for that when the job at hand doesn't need a degree were going to be in alot of fucking trouble. At the end of the day majority of people want a nice house, a car and a bit of money in there pockets. Is that really too much to ask? Now a days it is.
Depression and people blowing their brains out is only going to increase if you make the system more bullshit. Society today fails to see that.

They are lying they want attention and society brownie points and people that tell them they are special. But make no mistake most just lie or make a big deal out of shit that every single human thinks multiple times in their lives. Like "damn today sucks, whats the point, fuck cant stand it i off myself if shit doesnt work out.. yeah lets call some friends for weekend action!"
For fuck sake i never had friends or a girl locked myself in my room for 10 years got depressed, could not go out to the point my bro had bring me food. After 1,5 years of several doctors, behaviour therapy sertraline and inderal i barely got my social anxiety under control so i can go to work and buy myself basic stuff (always from the same shops) and i didnt cure it i just now can live with it on my own..
And i had popular people with friends and several girlfriends and job and money and experience of traveling looking at different places around the world telling me they are depressed cause they miss game of thrones episode or some basic bitch shit like that absolutely laughable.

kek'd

Constantly fooling the lizard brain into thinking everything is cool with 50 different kinds of rotating dopamine stimulators takes its toll. Were just simple monkeys.

This.
Must also add that the chemical inbalance in the brain when in depression is a concequence of these things, not the cause.

apathy

Were already there. The job my high school diploma dad used to do no require a bacholers and an mba. The job I did as a 20 year old with an an accociats is now calling for a masters in chemistry or bacholers and equivalent experience. The guy before me had a diploma. The job hasn't changed one bit! In fact it's easier now because of computers. Was I some kinda wizard for doing a job that now (((requires))) a (((masters)))? I got promoted out of that job with honor and respect and (((only))) an accociats.

>Is it lack of God? Lack of Good morals?

I would say so.

>muh life has no meaning
>muh we are all meaningless
>muh depression

Most of the depressed fags I see are conservatives OR liberals. It's people that go through the extreme with everything in life that are the most screwed up.

They are so depressed that they latch on to any movement to feel good. They are the most susceptible brain washing from religion and idealougues . They just so desperate to believe in something

NO, IT'S MERELY CHEMICAL IMBALANCE IN THE BRAIN YOU SHITLORD!

Liberals tends to be more unbalanced in the brain because of their superior intellect, and that is a fact.

This

How the fuck do people work 80h weeks? Shit, if I worked 80h weeks I would be depressed too.

The left is suppose to be the ones who are concern about this but they don't seem to care. They care so much more about privledge. They've ignored the working class in favour of intersectional feminism.

That is why I think right-wing populism is a thing.

Idk why more people are depressed but I'm miserable for every moment of every day and the doctors all told me that it's depression and I guess I believe them. I quit therapy and meds though, they don't help. Hopefully one day I'll be able to end it, since studies have shown that you never escape depression

98 kid checking in. From personal experience, depression is something you have to work through yourself. Fuck meds, it's all about self help and finding something to live for.

inferiority complex
>the unabomber manifesto

Too much free time.

Too stupid to know that you can't get an identity from sexual deviation and hair dye.

Taught to idolize empty, hedonistic lifestyles and look up media-promoted trash.

They know deep down that their goals are meaningless.

They know deep down that their living standards will decline until they're all on minimum wage or dead forty years from now.

THIS THIS THIS
Also check

I know a lot of people who where not even really depressed, just in a bad phase, and got prescribed with that shit forever... their personality changed after that and I lost them...

PSYCHIATRY IS A FUCKING MEME TODAY

Thats no reasons to be weak and addicted to antidepressants

Stupid leaf

Saying that depression is a meme is like saying that gender is a social construct

I guess the real question is
>What reason do I, a millenial, have to NOT be depressed?
Hard mode: Muh first world privilege and muh crippling genetic deformities don't count

Depression is real... but pharmacological methods are not the answer.

Acute grief (i.e. after a loss of a loved one) is very real. Imagine missing that person for years and years. Then, that's chronic grief. But because of the other support things in your life, most people can continue their lives. Memories can trigger that sad spot; it doesn't go away.

But what happens when the rest of your life is miserable and bleak? Then everything is a sad spot. Depression.

Depression is real, but it is also a meme. It's easier to sink down into the label of depression than to pick yourself up and make yourself into a better person. This battle becomes increasingly difficult as cultural marxism continues to take its hold and destroy the things which once helped to build society and build strong men.

Pointing fingers to external sources of depression is the meme. But depression is a result of weakness of the person. I have no doubt that society led to this institutionalized weakness. But to overcome, we have to be stoic, and let ourselves disassociate from the pain a little bit.

Depression is a meme.

I have the distinct and specific urge to eat your jugular.

social media

because our parents were the drug and loser generation

clockwork orange was literally about my dad

This thread is a clear example of how 5-1chan has changed of the years. Go a couple of years back and most boards would be filled with people coping with depression, some still are. Now go to present day and you have people complaining that too many people are depressed on the Outcastâ„¢ social forum