Antidepressants yay or nay Sup Forums?

I've taken an SSRI for four days now and am seriously starting to question if this shit won't turn me into a limp dicked apolitical zombie.

Other urls found in this thread:

articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2015/12/31/antidepressants-depression.aspx
articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/03/07/reversing-depression-without-antidepressants.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Works for some people.

They take weeks to actually start working, and some people have to dig through multiple prescriptions to find the right ones.

I use psychedelics once a month and it cures my depression but makes me more anxious due to more thinking and analyzing things.

>I've taken an SSRI
*have been taking an SSRI

If you really want to fuck yourself up just do cocaine. more fun.

>psychedelics
like what?
>but makes me more anxious
Can you live with that tradeoff though?

My experience was this. Not to happy, but not to sad either. Just very mellow. Excersise is a viable option. Glad I quit. Quit cold turkey which was horrible. Could not walk up stairs without feeling seasick.

If you have side effects right now (headaches, irritability, auras), they are extremely likely to disappear within 10 days of beginning use. As the other user said, expect 4-6 weeks to see an improvement. Regardles, SSRIs are generally safe to use, and permanent side effects are extremely rare, so if you feel they're not for you you can taper off them in 2 months.

Yes, this or "I've took an SSRI..."

SEIG HEIL GRAMMAR NAZIS

And yes, do not quit cold turkey no matter what, you may get serotonin syndrome which is terrible. Talk to your doctor, say you want to stop and you'll slowly reduce the dose.

so the stuff that I read about how SSRIs destroy the natural serotonin pathways and cause a permanent decrease in libido and/or functionality of the penis is exaggerated?
I couldn't help myself

The anixety goes away when your after glow fades away, basically 2 weeks of odd psychedelic thinking patterns then 2 weeks of normal thoughts. Then you spin back to depression.

They're fun and dont have horrible side effects

Pros:
Immediate depression relief
Cheap
Physically safe*unless you cant handle the drug and try and kill yourself*
No long term physical side effects
New perspectives

Cons:
Chances of a bad trip
Chance to kill your ego*some people like this*
Chance to further increase depression or anxiety
Highly illegal
World will seem odd and you'll feel detached.

There's more stuff im missing obviously, but this gives a general basis.

Mushrooms work better than lsd for me and dont have a long afterglow or induce odd thoughts about our life or our society

>fuck my shit up
>yay or nay?

no faggot
chemical imbalances take a while to return to normal

I took them for a year and nothing changed. Still full autism and social anxiety. Ended up one morning not taking them and then never taking them again, they were basically placebo.

also I believe it was 40mg/day of prozac
this was like 3 years ago

>limp dicked apolitical zombie
no friend, you are already a white

doesn't sound like it's a real solution to my problems, especially the risks are too high for my taste
elaborate pls, I'm not sure what you want to say with that post

Are you me?

Don't.

Stop taking them now, find a new doctor. Go exercise, eat healthy, etc.

SSRI's are the devil only someone who has taken them and quit can explain.

would you mind sharing your experience with them?

>Took SSRI's for 6 years.
>Completely ruined my sex drive and fucked with (what I now assume to be) my testosterone levels.
>Went on vacation with a friend when I was 18 and forgot to pack them.
>Whatever, it's just a week.
>Wake up in the middle of the night every single night that week to find that I was in a cold sweat and I'd jizzed myself in my sleep.
>Decide that the SSRI's are what caused it.
>Immediately stop taking them all-together when I get home.
>Body gets used to them not being in my system after about two or three weeks and I feel no more or no less depressed than I did when I was still taking them.
>Three years have passed since then and I feel no different.
They're bullshit. You feel pretty great after the first two weeks of taking them, but after that, it just becomes the placebo effect.

Exercise is scientifically proven to be more effective in treating depression than antidepressants, which are no better than a placebo. In addition, antidepressants carry many harmful side-effects.

articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2015/12/31/antidepressants-depression.aspx

articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/03/07/reversing-depression-without-antidepressants.aspx

>Completely ruined my sex drive and fucked with (what I now assume to be) my testosterone levels.
That's what I'm afraid of. My sex drive and big dick are some of the few things that I like about myself, I don't want to lose that too.

Oh yeah here's a cool side effect I got from taking them
>2 months into prozac
>staring into space one day
>suddenly a bunch of white stars start reappearing and disappearing in my vision
>stops after like 10 seconds
>this happens like every month
>still happens today, but less frequently
Was scary the first time, thought it was like a mini-seizure.